Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!
Vic, Australia

iris

Vic, Australia

Hi some of my iris are in flower and would like to have them identified so I can put a name to the flowers

I don’t think that any of these are heritage or old types as they were recently purchased.

This is a yellow top with brown bottom, unnamed
Henham came up a close picture in a image search, does anyone know this iris name

Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower
Vic, Australia

This is a white iris, unsure how many white iris are out there – probably hundreds, if anyone can name it that would be great.

Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower
Merino, Australia

Bearded iris are very hard to name unless there is a distinctly different marking or color.
I have been growing them for years and still get fooled by some.
From your pics, your iris are not noticeably different to many I see. You may just have to resign yourself to having a few noids. .
Your white iris look to me like one of the older herittage ones.
There is a similar white iris which grows around my area that can be very invasive if left alone to multiply.
Jean.

Vic, Australia

More pics to add:
Woo have another rocket turn up, so I know I have two bulbs of this one.

Heres a old’e type, its purple with purple

I would guess the third pic is a blue

And my new favourite is lavender with brown!

Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower
Clifton Springs, Australia

Very pretty AF, mine are just starting, so no pics yet......The blue and tan is lovely, does it have a good perfume?

Vic, Australia

On a warm day they have a light perfume, some are nice and other are like why did I sniff that!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.