Our annual end-of-summer contest is here, come on down to the Dave's Garden County Fair!

mounting aid

Medina, OH

Have any of you seen a gimmick which would keep your saddle from slipping when you mount? If I recall correctly,
it is made of webbing which would fasten to the off side of your saddle and go around (under) the horses
off foreleg. I am sure there is more to it, but was only browsing when I came across it-and now, of course
it is forgotten. Once you are mounted, I think you can unsnap it and it would/could just go around the
horse's neck until your ride was through. Would appreciate your help. Thanks

Richmond, TX

I have not seen what you describe, but I seem to remember it being sold by some catalog - I'll see if I can find what I saw.

Medina, OH

Thanks pp, I'd like to take another look at it.

Medina, OH

Found it!

Richmond, TX

Yea!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

yay!

Richmond, TX

How about a photo of it adjusted as used?

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Where can I find it?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I would be interested in seein it too. Is it for western and english saddles?

Medina, OH

Sorry to be so late in getting back on the forum. Computer died and it has taken me forever to catch up with myself. The
page is called "Horses Just Want To Have Fun" . I have not ordered one yet, but am surely tempted.

Richmond, TX

Glad you're back! Are you considering the bareback aid or the saddle stabilizer?

Medina, OH

PP-The stabilizer. Barley has no withers.

Richmond, TX

A trick I learned from the race track is to use a damp chamois (like for washing cars) spread flat under the pad. It sort of glues everything to the horse's back. I use it on the babies who have no withers and slab sides - works well!

Medina, OH

Certainly worth a try-thanks PP!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images