Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Home Repairs and Maintenance: T.v issues

Communities > Forums > Home Repairs and Maintenance
bookmark
Forum: Home Repairs and MaintenanceReplies: 1, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
defodil
Washington D.C.
United States

October 18, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9308741

Every time we try to turn our tv on it will shut right back off...before the picture even appears...the little light will come on and the click sound will be heard...but it is followed by the shut off click sound. sometimes it takes up to 60+ tries before it turn on? Any ideas on how to fix the issue? it is an RCA flat-screen??
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9309569

One way that I have found to repair/troubleshoot things is to type the model # and name into a search engine and add..like "turns off".

I did that with "RCA TV" and got this:

"Try this, unplug the set and press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. This would discharge ANY static inside the set.

Beyond that, there are several problems in your set that could cause this. It could be a faulty CRT , which would cost you more than a new TV to replace. other common issues are cold/failed solder joints and failing IC regulators, or capacitors. All of these problems are common with your set, and would require circuit testing and replacement in order for the TV to function normally again. Average cost for this type of repair will between $150-$400 depending on which circuit has the failure on the set. Given that a new LCD TV would cost you only around $300 for a large screen, it is not cost effective to repair this set. Unfortunately, there are no resets or series of buttons you can press that will solve this problem and the set will require component replacement to operate normally again."

Read more: Our RCA TV (year 2000 model I think) turns itself off, and - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/68gnm-rca-tv-year-2000-model-think-turns-itself-off.html#ixzz29kSi7IgW

Another site said that to open the TV to even look at it would be $80 and that Wal Mart would be having their sale on Black Friday - in just a few weeks, and to hold out until then to buy a new one.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Repairs and Maintenance Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to Home Repairs & Maintenance Terry 17 Jul 14, 2011 1:42 AM
hiring help roxroe 16 Mar 27, 2007 9:04 AM
I hated trimming the grass along the fence jleec 15 Jun 6, 2011 6:47 AM
Hi! I'm new but have 2 questions Illoquin 7 Apr 5, 2007 6:48 PM
Eeek... mice! dreamingofeden 10 Mar 15, 2009 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America