Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Aussie Garden Shed Wanted

Communities > Forums > Australian and New Zealand Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Australian and New Zealand GardeningReplies: 7, Views: 53
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
AdamBorzy
QLD
Australia

October 19, 2012
11:34 PM

Post #9310250

G'day all,

I need help please.

I am looking at setting up a small garden shed at the back of my block of land.
I have looked at this:
http://www.cheapsheds.com.au/product/533/yardmate-vinyl-shed-1730mm-x-955mm-with-basefloor-special-00982/ in the smooth cream colour.

They have a flooring frame that goes with it that I can use but thought it would be nice to buy ply wood locally so I can use it as a floor. BTW, the area I am looking at is sloping down. I'm also considering If Id have to use a brick or concrete to level it out.

What do you guys think? Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

All the best.
g_whizz
rosetta TASMANIA
Australia

October 21, 2012
2:50 AM

Post #9311015

If Its a sloping block, dig it in about 6 inches, then put about 3-4 inches of concrete in , for a floor and make sure you put pins in through the sides into the concrete,.[remember, its what holds it down that matters], not what holds it up,.,.Have fun !!!
tropicbreeze
noonamah
Australia

October 22, 2012
3:40 AM

Post #9311898

If you're in a cyclone prone area then it will have to be coded. Check what the requirements are with your council.
AdamBorzy
QLD
Australia

October 29, 2012
11:27 PM

Post #9319784

Thoughts appreciated guys. Yes, you're right > "It's what holds it down that matters" :-)
No one told me that. BTW, I thought getting a permit wont really be necessary since it will only be a
small portion of my lot that needs to be constructed but will still check about it just to make sure. Thanks a lot.

tropicbreeze
noonamah
Australia

October 30, 2012
12:03 AM

Post #9319788

The way the authorities are these days you just about have to get an engineers report to put a nail in the wall.
g_whizz
rosetta TASMANIA
Australia

October 30, 2012
2:20 AM

Post #9319810

A small garden shed??? Cyclones- Codes--Permits????.,.,Just erect a shadehouse and wear a plastic coat when it rains!
AdamBorzy
QLD
Australia

November 7, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9326761

You bet tropicbreeze. Sometimes have to think twice if I really own the place or the other way around. LOL. A plastic coat would be nice but need some sort of a storage than the shed. ;-)
NatalieWitt
Maidstone
Australia

December 13, 2012
9:58 PM

Post #9357781

where you from Adam..? you might need council approval for your shed.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Australian and New Zealand Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the new Australian Gardening forum Terry 28 Oct 21, 2009 10:20 AM
Where are you in AU . holty 219 Aug 22, 2014 8:21 PM
soap tree aka 'Sapindus Mukorossis' is it available in aus'? gardenlen 15 Jul 18, 2013 2:22 AM
bromeliad-blanchetiana ? boofhead 7 Dec 30, 2011 7:42 PM
What you don`t want to see in your garden. ginger749 93 Sep 5, 2007 9:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America