Thumbnail by wren107
Click the image for an enlarged view.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2012
5:30 AM

Post #9310346

Good morning, it is supposed to be clearing today and high in the mid 50's, but by Wednesday, up to 80. The church has planned a weiner roast on Wednesday, with a bon fire and everything, so guess we will look cute with our shorts and roasting weiners. Just kidding, no shorts for a church group.

Have to go to town to the Library and to the Dollar Store, then home to do some cooking for tomorrow's lunch.

Be Back later.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2012
6:14 AM

Post #9310380

Morning! Had breakfast and coffee. DH is waiting for the fog to lift and then he is going to cut wood. Haven't looked at the weather but I will be getting outside in a bit.

Yesterday at work after cleaning up after the WORKER and the other girl came in I finally got to the truck. Then had to clean up that mess. Why does a person refuse to wear the needed glasses and to read tags? I keep telling her check the numbers on the tag!! then she got on the register right after the other girl under the wrong numbers. Screwed up her paperwork. If it wasn't so sad I could laugh!

Deb the vet told me that a kitty can come into heat as early as 4 months and this was a tiny one also. So we got her fixed before the boys. How you feeling today. Tell Jenna the glasses look good. I saw it on FB.

Elsie I am going to look for those raviolis and see if I can find them here.

In the mood for Lasagna but have to get the cheese to go with it.

Better get going for now. Back later.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 20, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9310424

Vicki, I will pass that onto her...I thought she looked adorable in them. She is having a fit, going to be 29 next week and now needs glasses to drive. lol We had a serious discussion that her 29th birthday will be the 1st 29th...and the rest will be Anniversaries of the 29th birthday as I am not ready to have a 30 year old child!!!

Felt so good when I went to bed last night, but about 2:00 a.m. the sinus issue kicked back in...plugged up and coughing most of the night. My body is not as painful in the joints and such as it has been...so I think it is heading out.

Vicki, I just don't have the money to pay for her two cats to be spayed. It is hard enough the child being here, let alone paying for kitten shots...wait a couple weeks, then do the spay and more shots. Shelters are full, I have called.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2012
7:42 AM

Post #9310431

DEb I wasn't suggesting you get them spayed just what the vet told me as I didn't know that either. Try having a 35 year old!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 20, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9310440

Oh I know getting them spayed is the thing, not arguing...but they won't touch them until they are up to date on their shots. AND I have to clean up another one of the child's messes after she was told NO. We had it out and told her to deal with them...didn't go well.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2012
8:47 AM

Post #9310461

Got some bulbs planted. Just too chilly out there. Could dress warmer but only have an hour left for outside time. Wish the sun would pop out.

Deb so wish I had an easy solution for you!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9310517

Afternoon, I agree Vicki, it is chilly out there, and glad that there is nothing outside calling my name.

I am cooking. I just put on some great northern beans, and will have them tonight for supper. Fist batch of them for the winter. Just love them, but love bean soup and cornbread also. Since I am contemplating a diet, gonna splurge and have cornbread, fried potatoes some baked pears and gonna call it a meal.

Debbie, I hear you on the shots. It was a struggle to get Casper all the shots that he needed and still maintain all the others with food etc. DH says that since he enjoys hunting the cost of the dog food for his crew doesn't bother him, he just counts it entertainment expense.

Finished the church bulletins and as soon as my beans are ready to go in the oven, will stop awhile and take a wee nap. I have a hurting under my right shoulder blade and I am hoping that it has nothing to do with bronchitis, which last time turned into pneumonia. If it continues to hurt over the weekend, I will be at the Dr office bright and early Monday morning. Do not want a repeat of the pneumonia.

Vicki, I meant to tell you to tell Ty that if his Unhuh was that big, he needs to sign up to be a stud somewhere!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 20, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9310532

Oh those beans sound so so good! Do you put ham in your beans or bits of bacon? Gives it such good flavor. No one eats it here but me, so I might make it once every few years. The canned versions are just not good.

Laughing at your words to Vicki about Ty lol Poor boy!!!

DH and I went out and pulled up some things needed tended too before the snow flies, harvested some seeds and pulled of my frozen morning glories and garden growth...its already down to the dump.. Did what I could...but then the wind and rain started...so in I came.

Told DH about a low cost vaccine program at local Petco and also Pet Savers Plus. He said NO, they need vet exam also. SEE...he is worse than me with these animals. Came in earlier and he had the recliner chair up...and there was Axl with Darla (not in heat) and he was giving her a bath. Sigh.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 20, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9310670

I'm home. Its glorious outside today so I'm here for a quick hello!
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 20, 2012
1:02 PM

Post #9310680

you know I for get to say good morning when I started the new thread. I am losing what is left of my mind.

sandy and andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9310715

Yes, Debbie, these beans have chunks of a picnic ham in them. Haven't tasted them yet, but they sure do look good.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 20, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9310793

Howdy!

I had just an hour and a half before it got cold so I didn't get much done. Got a few maters for the chickens, hauled out a few more winter squash, 2 green peppers, cut a bunch of kale and brought in a bunch of dried beans. I really need to plant bulbs tomorrow. I just hope its as nice tomorrow as it was today.

Sounds like we've got a little extra nice weather than folks north & west of here!
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2012
5:55 PM

Post #9310857

Tammy, if not tomorrow then the first of the week for you. Our temps are going to be in the 70's and 80's next week. Our church has a weiner roast on Wednesday night, and we thought it would be cool weather, but it is supposed to be in the 80's that day. Guess we will go ahead with it, and not worry about what the weather is doing.

Not feeling too good tonight, feel like I am taking a cold, so I am heading to bed shortly and hope that I can avoid taking it.

Debbie, beans were good, had cornbread and fried potatoes. A good country meal, and it was filling.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 20, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9310872

I see a batch of beans in my future this week, along with cornbread. I have the makings for my chicken soup tomorrow...but the beans are next!!

Please don't be getting a cold, you need to tuck yourself into bed and rest. This one is truly kicking my backside!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 20, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9310879

BonnieB - you can't get a cold when the weather's turning so nice! And yes - I went to a Penzey's in Pitts a few years ago.

Debbie - it sounds like you are starting to kick that cold's backside now!

Loretta - did you fit in some of those naps you were thinking about for the weekend? :-)

Vicki- you'd think with the unemployment rate still pretty high that you'd be able to work with more competent people!

Sandy - I forgot to thank you for the new thread. Thank you.

Melva - were you able to calm the inflamation in your knee(s)?

Tam

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9310884

Knees are a lot better...they hurt a lot less and the left one doesn't seem to be swollen anymore.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 21, 2012
5:07 AM

Post #9311053

Good morning everyone. Stayed up to after midnight to see the meteorite shower and saw only one and of course I wake up at my usual 6:50am time. Darn it.

waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 21, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9311065

Good MOrning!

Good progress with the knees Melva.

Sandy - sounds like a nap would be in order for today.

I plan to get into town for the Farmers Market - I want to get some asian pears and maybe a facoccia bread. And then plant some bulbs!

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 21, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9311087

Morning! I slept in until 6:45. I was really tired last night. Heck before that. Went to work tired! DS and DIL came out to get the Anniversary gift her dad sent them and stayed to visit. There went my planned nap. So was tired when I left.

The plan this morning is to have breakfast. Head outside and walk Ty. Hope it warms up a bit and plant bulbs. The soil is really nice under the grass I have placed in some areas. Lots of worm activity also. Will surely do that again next year even if it does add weed seed. Still want to get some leaves for a few areas.

Tam you could come and plant my bulbs there aren't that many. Maybe 60. Not near what I had last year. Hope you find everything you want at the market.

Sandy also a big thank you for the new thread. One METEOR! Hate to laugh but one slipped out!

BonnieB thanks for the mention of bean soup. Reminds me I need to get Barley. Thought I had some and couldn't find any. When I made the chick peas and chicken I wanted to add Barley but used brown rice instead. Still turned out pretty good. Or maybe it was the cornbread? We really need to borrow MrB and set him to hunting here. Plenty of moles and Chipmunks and voles for him to catch.

Better get going for now. Might be back!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 21, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9311143

I love corn bread but rarely make it. Vicki - sorry but I don't think I'll have time to help w/your bulbs. I have a lot more than 60 to plant myself (I think I bought around 400 this year). I'm forcing a bunch of bulbs for the Phila flower show so have to pot them up and get them in the refrigerator (perhaps another 250-300bulbs).

This coming week, I'm meeting my Dad & DS & DBIL for dinner at Shady Maple (the Smorgesbord in Lancaster County) Wed night and then driving in to stay at Dad's place Fri. I'll make us all dinner for Fri night and then head out early to pick up 300+lbs of beef to split up with my friends. Sat night we'll meet a couple for dinner and then Cirque De Soleil in Reading (a city about 30min from us). So will be busy driving all over in just a few days.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 21, 2012
7:43 AM

Post #9311170

Is today Bonnie's birthday? When did DG stop posting that???

Happy Birthday Bonnie!!!!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 21, 2012
7:55 AM

Post #9311175

Tam, I think it is next Sunday. Her birthday is the day after my Jeanna's birthday.

I didn't wake up until 10:00!!! I am usually up and kicking by 7:00, but am just wiped out. The house was quiet as DH left for the Buffalo Bills game and DD went to work...so I stayed fast asleep with the kitty brigade.

Need to get moving...Izzy is out basking in a sunbeam.

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 21, 2012
3:34 PM

Post #9311495

Sounds like you needed the extra sleep Debbie. Thanks for the correct date. There were no birthdays today - not even an empty box. Did they stop the birthday list on the homepage?

I got maybe 100bulbs planted. But I did put together terariums for the bog plants I bought in Pitts, planted up a trough and put more amendments in the new rock garden area. Oh so much to do!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 21, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #9311510

I know they still do the birthday wishes on the birthday forum...but I don't usually pay attention to the other one.

You are VERY energetic getting 100 bulbs in. I got my soup made, hate the taste...so think it is my cold throwing things off.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 21, 2012
4:08 PM

Post #9311528

Tammy, you do such lovely work. I got so little done outside - it's pitiful.

Debbie, I hope you are starting to feel better.

Watched the news today about McGovern. First presidental election I voted in. I even worked for his campaign.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 21, 2012
5:21 PM

Post #9311607

Can you imagine how different things would have been if he had beaten Nixon?

My roast turned out really good. I threw in radishes & their greens, turnips w/their greens, carrots, onion & all different colors of potatoes. Very good. :-)

I forgot to say - I gave a friend 3 of my hens. We need to get the 2 roosters from this summer's chicks to the butcher soon too.

Winding down for the night. I hope you all have a nice evening!
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 21, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9311647

Oh, it was so beautiful here today. After we got home from church, DH had a birthday party for one of his neighbors when he was growing up, she turned 100 today, and then he went to visit his DB in the hospital. The one who had open heart surgery, then had to go back to have a pace maker put in, was once again taken to the hospital yesterday afternoon late. He is retaining fluid around his heart and lungs, and they are addressing that problem, but they also discovered that his heart is not pumping properly. So gonna do some more tests tomorrow.

Well while he was gone I went out to our woods and cut small branches to use as weiner roast implements for our weiner roast on Wednesday. I trimmed them, sharpened them, and have them in water soaking.

This week is gonna be so busy, the weiner roast on Wednesday night, then our fish fry on Saturday. I thought I had someone lined up to work in my place, but I hear by the way of the grapevine that may not work out. So may have to work, and then on Sunday, I am preaching at another local church, and so will do that Sunday morning, eat dinner, then go pick up the fish fry cookers and clean up that mess. Early Monday morning, we are leaving for northern Ohio for a little get away for a few days. So if clothes get washed and packed, it will have to be on Thursday or Friday! Whew, I made myself tired just telling you what I need to do.

I felt fine this morning when I got up, so the extra zinc in the Ziacam and the rest I got really thwarted what I thought was a cold. No problems today, so may have just been extra tired and needed the extra rest.

DH let me sleep 45 minutes longer this morning, and as a result, I had to really hurry to get showered and dressed for church.

Tammy, do you live in Lancaster County PA? Several years ago DH and I and my DTS and DBIL vacationed there. We really enjoyed it.

Elsie, I will join you in just reading about what everybody is doing outside, as I have done squat this fall. Well the whole year, seems like I have been sick, or recovering from something. Maybe next year will be a lot better year!

I got a rough draft of my sermon written tonight, so will have to type it, and give it a run through to see if there are any spots that need some extra attention.

Going to bed shortly, as it will probably be a busy day tomorrow.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2012
5:02 AM

Post #9311932

Good morning everyone, trying to get my tired, sore, stiff body moving, remind me not to stand around outside at midnight taking pictures of the starts!!!! And no I did not see any meteorites.

Sandy and Andre

fast moving clouds and starts

Thumbnail by wren107

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 22, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9311954

Good Morning!

Sandy - I love that you live with such gusto! You'll see some spectacular meteorites on another night.

BonnieB - now are we gonna have to come there and tie your hands behind your back? You need to find someone to help with that fish fry. No way should you be doing all that work so soon after your surgery. Sounds like you're working to keep the very busy week ahead as sane as possible by getting your sermon prepared.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9311971

Good morning, it is overcast here, guess the sun is sleeping in, as there is no mention of rain in our forecast.

Tammy, no please don't tie my hands behind my back, it would make it really difficult to do anything at all, oh, that is the reason for it isn't it?

I am verifying that rumor this morning, and if it turns out that she is not helping, I will go in search of someone else to help. See gotta use my hands for dialing the phone.

Gonna try to do some cleaning or straightening and some laundry today before my 1:30 beauty shop appointment where I will get the works. Color, cut and style. I am long overdue.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 22, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9311979

Good morning,

Can't stay awake...call the couch if you need me.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9312059

DARN IT. Get to the gym and the parking lot was full, forget there was a health fair today. Turned around and came home

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2012
1:45 PM

Post #9312403

Sandy that is a PIA!!

I stayed home from work today - it was supposed to be such a nice day I decided to call in a vacation day. I hope I have some left. I got a late start on some errands and now there is no sun left in the back yard. Oh well.

I tried some spinach raviolis with tomato sauce last night - very good. I think some raviolis in tomato soup would be yummy. I went to pick up some more raviolis but the sale is over. I will have to keep my eye out. The refrigerator ones were $1.99 last week and they are $4.00 this week. The frozen ones were 88 cents and this week they are $2.98.

I'm almost done with a cowl I am knitting. It needs buttons. I cannot find the container full of the thousands of buttons I have. I guess I really need to organize a whole lot more.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9312585

Well, my day went fast. I did some cleaning/straightening of the house, and then off to the beauty shop for the "works". Got color, highlights, cut and had my eyebrows waxed. Looks spiffy if I do say so myself.

Elsie, your taking a vacation day sure brings back memories. I didn't do it often, (call in that is) but it felt like I was doing something naughty when I did call in. I had 185 employees, and I usually scheduled my days off so that my assistant would be there and hope that things ran smoothly.

Sandy, did you know about the special event at the pool? If you did and forgot, that is a PITA. Hope that you get to go tomorrow.

I guess I will run some errands tomorrow. We are doing "Christmas Child" at our church. This is where we buy supplies from a list and they are packed in boxes and shipped overseas so children can have a small Christmas. I haven't bought anything, and need to now get it all at one time.

Then make sure that I have everything for the weiner roast being held at church on Wednesday, then Wednesday is grocery day. Will be a bit longer, as I have to get supplies for the fish fry.

Bet you all will be glad when our fish fry is over so you won't have to hear about it!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 22, 2012
6:09 PM

Post #9312589

Loretta - that sounds like they were counting on you getting hooked. :-) Funny about the tomato soup. I'm reading Penny Marshall's autobiography. She said her favorite meal as a kid was speghetti in tomato soup. Apparently even better if warmed up the next day in a frying pan.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9312613

I had forget about the notice we received. The old brain is skipping a few cells

Going to call it a early night

Good night everyone

sandy and a dreaming Andre. Silly dog
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9312622

Tammy, I am looking at greenhouses...what kind is yours? how large is it? Bonnie B. was it you that got a greenhouse? Phil wants me to look for one larger than 8x8...even larger than that but larger is more $
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2012
7:22 PM

Post #9312664

Melva mine is 8x12, and didn't accommodate half of what seeds I wanted to start. Go bigger, even if it is more $$

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 22, 2012
8:18 PM

Post #9312704

Will post more tomorrow as today was an extremely busy and I can't say exciting but different day.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 22, 2012
10:08 PM

Post #9312766

I just watched a baby giraffe being born at the Greenville Zoo. I have been watching the mama on the earthcam all week, and she finally had the little one tonight.
So dang cute, born a bit before Midnight...and now doing a bit of walking and bonding with Mom. Nature is just amazing.

Vicki, can't wait to hear about your day.

Debbie
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 23, 2012
1:43 AM

Post #9312789

Morning everyone! Dreaded teeth acting up gain, trying to hang on until I see Doc again on Thurs.

Diesel came through his neutering with flying colours. I have never had a male puppy do as well as Diesel is doing now. The vet game him just the right amount of meds as he is not all stoned out, full of mischief and ready to get going. Debbie he weighed in at 57.4 lb.

It sounds like you have all been busy. Drats on the gym yesterday Sandy! I was all excited about an exercise programme they have for Seniors way out here in Verona - should have known it was too good to be true - due to ill health it has been permanently closed.

All winterized now except for thee eaves and 1 huge dump run. Steven came yesterday so the pump is out of the lake, all outdoor stuff is packed away plus all machines are winterized. We even got the car washed, a little drive in it and then covered, battery out all set for Spring.Maybe this will the the summer I use it. If not I am going to sell it.

You all sound so busy. I enjoy reading where and what you are all doing. Hope you are feeling bettter Debbie and BonnieB. Where is Bonnie ?

Going to try and go back to sleep - 2 hours is just not enough for me - another of the benefits or lack of of getting older.

Make sure you all do something nice for yourself today everyone.

Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 23, 2012
4:14 AM

Post #9312824

Morning everyone
Dianne sorry about the teeth. Andre was like that also, no sign that they had done anything to him.

Did go to bed early but also get up way to early

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 23, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9312890

Good Morning!

Melva - my greenhouse is 15'x18'. The bigger it is the more stable the temperature will be (as well as better able to fit what you want in there!) Read up on greenhouses at Charlies' Greenhouse. Make sure you have really good ventilation. The guy that owned the greenhouse company I used convinced me not to put in a fan venting system. I have automatic roof windows (2) and an evaporative cooler. I should have fans in windows.

Sandy - another day for the exercise.

Dianne - Yeah for Diesel on his good health in getting through this milestone. Sorry for the teeth & sleep troubles though.

~~ To everyone. I'm late for work. BBL
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
6:52 AM

Post #9312936

Morning! Going to try this and see how it goes.

Dianne good for Diesel! My boys both did real good also. Sorry about the teeth.I suppose you can't get implants can you? Isn't it nice to have that outside work done? Glad Steve could help.

Got going yesterday morning and went to the Chiro. She is so nice and good at what she does. I have a request for her. Her and her Office gal Made outfits for her 3 labs Named Jack,Mac and Kolby. If you could go to FB and Go to THE BROWN BARN COMPANY and vote for her kids she would really appreciate it and so would I. . She is so excited and I thank you in advance. Oh If you could also pass the message around. Thanks!

Then we again went out for breakfast and I was very pleased with my sourdough toast and Ham. Coffee was good also. DH got to watch the Gas station remodel across the street.

Stopped at the store quick and talked with the Manager for a few minutes. There will be some changes there also.

Then we left there and I wasn't sure what DH was up to. WE were going to go and look at trailers so he can haul all of his toys. Not my cup of tea but the drive was nice and it really didn't take to long. Ran into some rain showers during the driving which was expected. Went to another place and for the same thing they were much higher. So back to the first place and he put down his downpayment and will pick it up Sat. By that time it was past lunch. So we went to get Ty's food as he was almost out. Then to the grocery store that is a madhouse now that it is the only one in town. Got groceries dodged people.

Went to Burger King for a quick lunch walked in and we felt like Alice falling down the Rabbit Hole. (wish I had thought to take a picture). Done in Red black or grey silver and very modern. Great for kids and teenagers and 20's crowd but for most of us older ones not too sure. A guy is standing there waiting to be waited on. No one around. So we start looking at the menu board and all of a sudden it switches to a picture. Then back to the menu board. It's not like we go there all the time and know what they have. DH ordered a Whopper meal and I ordered a Chicken Wrap which was pretty good (but for the price I can make it at home) plus a Fudge Sundae. Which would of been better if most of the fudge had not been on the bottom.

Left there and started home. Stopped at the Farm Market and picked up onions, bananas, barley and a couple of rutabagas. Then home.Watched lightning in the distance

Got home and he says hurry before it starts to rain. Get things unloaded and just about put away. It starts to rain. He figures we will lose the dish and yep we did. He puts in a hunting tape and the rain starts coming down so hard you can't see outside. More booms and cracks overhead. You can feel everything shake. Power goes out just like that!

Figured it was a good time for a nap even if it was 4:30 or so. Woke up and it was dark. We talked a bit and he checked the outdoor stove. Was okay yet. House was getting chilly. He got off the couch and it was the power company checking the lines. I'm wondering what to do. Then the power goes back on. Was out about 2 1/2 hours. Which wasn't really long because of the nap. But I was wondering how long it would be and about the freezers.

Not an exciting day but it was why I wasn't on all day.

So you have my attention today as it is still trying to rain. We need it so bad.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9312937

Good morning,

Dianne put a call into the dentist to give him a headsup about your discomfort...you don't want it to get worse and have a big set back. SO happy Diesel did well with the neutering. I just can't believe he is almost 60 lbs. already!!!

Rainy day here

If you want to put a smile on your face, pop over here and see the baby giraffe I was telling you about. Spunky little character, not even 12 hours old...and running!!!
http://www.earthcam.com/usa/southcarolina/greenville/

Not sure what today holds

Waving to everyone...going for coffee and be back in a few

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9312939

Debbie get back here we crossed!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9312940

I was reading Vicki, WOW you were busy! That is a lot for one day running.

Whats for breakfast?? I think oatmeal for me and a sour dough roll

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9312942

Oatmeal for me also. Ty is jumping up everytime I move as he is ready for his breakfast.

My butt was getting sore from all that riding around! Then you stiffen up between stops and walk like a very old lady when you get out!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9312946

Thats what happens to me in the car now, I stiffen up so fast and if in a car...pulling to upright to get out is NOT fun. In the van it is easier stepping down.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
7:07 AM

Post #9312955

That's why I love the jeep as I can kind of slide out and just step right in. Don't think I would like a regular car anymore.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9312966

I am the same way, I need something "up". I want smaller than my van (size wise) like an Escape or similar.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9312976

Good morning, it is sunny and bright this morning. DH is taking our retired minister to Dayton Ohio to visit his DB and will be gone all day. I had to roust the dogs, and take them outside. Lazy sluggards they are.

Going to town in just a few minutes to do some shopping, and then home to do some more cleaning/straightening of the house.

Dianne, call the dentist and tell him about your pain, and maybe he can get you in earlier. That Diesel is a grand guy to go through the surgery without a whimper and act as if nothing happened! What a trooper.

Tammy, I think if I had a 120x12 greenhouse I could fill it to the brim. Guess that is why DH took so long to buy one!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9312977

I am kind of looking at the smaller jeep. In no hurry because I like being without those payments. Plus I think they are doing a model change again. I do like the Subaru Foresters. Have never tried one out. I would like something with better mileage. Just glad the gas prices have dropped a bit. Hope they keep doing that.

Can hardly wait until the election is over and I stop getting that mail. What a waste of money. It goes in the trash right away! No phone calls lately; Now they will probably start up again today! Oh yeah I wasn't home yesterday!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
7:21 AM

Post #9312978

Morning BonnieB. Hope your shopping doesn't take as long as mine! LOL

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9312985

We kept getting calls from the different parties for voting. Saturday I finally said "Please remove us from your call list". AND knock wood...haven't had a National party call since. The local ones will be an issue.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
7:28 AM

Post #9312987

Mine have mostly been recorded! Can't ask those to remove us..
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #9312996

No, Vicki, but you can hang up the phone!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #9313003

BonnieB I sure do hang up the phone. I have no manners when it comes to calls like that.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9313184

I caved in and called the doctor. I am tough until the ears get involved. 4:30 appt.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9313188

Debbie, insist on a shot of antibiotics, they work much faster! ((hugs)) to you.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
11:11 AM

Post #9313197

Well, unless they can give me a zicam shot or similar...I can't have penicillin. BIG allergy. I know this weather is not helping, pouring out and cold.

Thanks Bonnie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
11:51 AM

Post #9313231

Debbie I will come with you. Not feeling 100% myself. More just an upset tummy.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2012
11:55 AM

Post #9313244

I'ts still raining here ... we've had INCHES these past few days... huge house-rockin' storm last night... lots of thunder and lightening... i'm trying to get some fall clean-up done and every time i go out, it starts raining again... low 70's today, with upper 70's and sun tomorrow before the temps crash back to the 40's. oh yippy.

Hope everyone starts feeling better.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9313250

Vicki, I can't eat anything hot or I get sick...and cough like crazy. Even chicken soup. DH was whining about dinner...he was in meetings all day, so I am preparing something he just has to toss in the oven. Was really hoping he went on the trip for work...but it was cancelled.

Terese they said we should get 70's on Thursday...I can't wait, long as the rain stops. Izzy won't even go outside.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9313270

Have been freezing in the house. Put on jacket, scarf and gloves(for the stove) and it is nice feeling outside. Filled the feeders and walked to the mailbox for political crap! NO bills even or good catalogs to look at. Something wrong with that picture~! Measured the pond and we got 3 inches fo much needed rain.

Deb the breakfast sat fine. Made myself a ham wrap for lunch finished off the chip crumbs and had a few caramels and just don't feel right. It wasn't the caramels as they were delicious.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #9313272

The labs need more votes. There is a local that is just beating them. She knows lots of people and it is a big family. Hope she wins.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 23, 2012
12:53 PM

Post #9313301

Well Diesel has finally wore himself out. I just laugh when I think what they said at the vet's office - he will be very groggy for a coupe of days and he is not to overexert jimself. Well no one told him he was neutered so he is just soldiering on like the happy puppy he is... he's exhausted now because he has been chasing the rake and jumping in piles of leaves. He was having so much fun I couldn't stop nor scold him. Made it look almost like enough fun for me to jump in the leaves too. Vet gave me 2 more months worth of Tic/flea repellant. Warming back up after it got so cold there for a few days the ticks think it is Spring and time to breed. That's why there are so many of them.

Heavy rain on its way so I am glad we got the outside done yesterday. Also got the main wood pile covered, thank heavens.

Time for meds for the infection in my teeth. Don't know if that is a good thing or not but it sure makes trying to eat 6 small meals a day easier.

BBL
Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 23, 2012
2:10 PM

Post #9313361

I have joined the sick list-called and get appointment right away. Spot on back (over a month) is ok, sinus infection and now arthritis in both ankles on top of everything else is not ok. On pills so hope they do not make me sick also.

Sandy and andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2012
2:28 PM

Post #9313369

Well, my supper is over and I am heading out to take Mr. B for his ride, and stop by a new neighbor's place and invite them to a weiner roast at church tomorrow. Don't know that they will come, but don't know and won't know until they are invited.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 23, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #9313374

BonnieB - is your greenhouse 120'x12'? I'm confused. But that doesn't take much these days. LOL

I love the baby giraffe Debbie! Have you checked out the new Honda CRV? Best mileage of all the small SUVs, great features and incredible reliability. My 2004 has been a winner - didn't change the brakes until 100K miles and still on original clutch. Have always gotten better mileage than its rated too. Typically 26-27MPG in summer and 24-25MPG in winter for my typically driving (mostly 5-20mi trips).

Well... I read everything and forgot it all already. I did get in my workout today. I think I will put a timeslot on my calendar to work out 'cause its just too easy to miss it.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 23, 2012
2:38 PM

Post #9313376

I posted after leaving the window open a long time so missed a lot of postings!

You guys just keep your germs off the internet, ya hear?

I saw a skit on Comedy Central extrapolating all the spending on political campaigns. It was hysterical - with the current growth rate in political spending, it could be our entire national GDP in just a few more years. (OK - it was actually kinda scarey).

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9313383

I went and got my hair cut...12" gone...going to take some getting used to.I plan to send the cut hair to Locks for Love...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 23, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9313388

Melva good for you!!

S and A

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9313427

Well, I went to the doctors...ears infected and a sinus infection. He put me on Cipro. I have had it many times.

HOWEVER, this time I am breaking out in huge hives. Took it on the way home, started itching a bit...got worse.

Thought it was my shirt that has sequines that rub my neck. NOPE Waiting for call back on which ER to go to and get IV bendryl & steroids. Lovely.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2012
3:51 PM

Post #9313429

WOW Melva -- that's a lot of hair. I did 8 inches ones for Locks of Love. Could probably do it again, but DH didn't like my hair short, it was about an inch below the chin.

Good for you though... any pics??

I found short hair more work than long... that is another reason i let mine go... though i do need about 2-3" cut again... it grows so fast.

I got some fall clean-up done in between rain showers. I almost regret planting morning glories 5 yrs ago... what a mess they make.
Kind of like 4'O-Clocks... once you plant them, you ALWAYS have them.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2012
3:52 PM

Post #9313431

OH Debbie... how horrible. Hope you feel better soon.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2012
3:56 PM

Post #9313434

My hair is about shoulder length now...no pictures I will see if I can get some. We ordered another cable for the camera..I think it came today..if so, I will get Karen to take a picture on Thursday when she comes over...
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2012
4:17 PM

Post #9313442

Debbie, I hope you start to feel better.

Vicki, I voted for the dogs-very cute.

Teddy was dressed as Captain American today. I thought he would be a flying monkey.

On Sunday - Comedy Central aired The Night of Too Many Stars. It is a fund raiser for autism. The show has some really bizarre things going on and some really interesting info about autism. If you want to feel good and have a good cry - watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX-xToQI34I

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9313446

Good heavens! See what happens when I go to the doctors! Two benedryl, wait an hour...if still getting hives...go to the ER. My face/forehead/neck and chest are covered in hives...and moving down my back. Only been 15 minutes since I took the benedryl.

He also said I now need to see an allergist to check and see if these are true allergies or what! Said "I knew you were going to be my problem child today, I just had a feeling". DH got a kick out of that.

Elsie, you need to keep a camera at work for Teddy days like this!

Melva, can't wait to see the pictures. Usually Locks of love requires 10 inches in a bundle. My older two girls have done it several times for Shannon when she was sick and afterwards. It is a wonderful cause!! Thank you.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 23, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9313458

Congratulations Melva! I bet you'll be happy with how much easier your shorter hair will be. And someone will be very happy to have your lovely hair to wear when they are healing/in treatment.

Debbie! Now that's just not good.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 23, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9313485

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Debbie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} done you just love doctors---NOT!!!!! I use to drink some Baking Soda in water for Hives.

Waving to everyone, I am going to go to bed

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #9313569

Debbie how awful. I broke out in hives from Percocet when I had surgery. I took benedryl and they went away, but I will not take that drug again.

No, Tammy, my greenhouse is 8x12, and I told Melva to get one 120x12 as you tend to fill them up and a little one is never big enough.

Good for you Melva. I don't see how you stand long hair in the hot weather you have. Do you wear it up? This will be lots easier to take care of.

Elsie, Captain America, guess he is getting ready to go trick or treating, and getting used to his costume!

Terese, glad you got some outside work done. I am another one who planted morning glories about 5 years ago, and I fight them every year, have used Round Up on them chopped them down, and just about any other method to get rid of them. I think I am going to set a big bon fire on the ground where they are the worst in the spring, and see if I can kill the seeds before they sprout. DH cusses them all summer long.

Went to town and finished buying things for the Christmas Child boxes we are doing at church. It is supposed to be done monthly, and of course I didn't and had the whole year's worth of stuff to buy, plus a big bill for it too!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9313781

good morning

sandy and andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2012
4:49 AM

Post #9313788

Good morning, still dark here, but am almost ready to head out to the grocery.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 24, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9313798

Good Morning!

Loretta - you do need to keep your camera at the ready for more Teddy photo ops. LOL

How are you doing this morning Debbie?

We're meeting my sister, brother-in-law and dad at Shadey Maple for dinner. Yum.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 24, 2012
5:55 AM

Post #9313820

Doing better this morning, not as itchy! On my way out to pick up the new prescription. I think I would still be asleep from all the benedryl if Izzy didn't bark
that she wanted to go out!!!

Tam, safe travels and have a good time.

BonnieB, that is a wonderful project. Our little town adopts a family for Christmas and takes the gifts to a central place and it is presented to the family the week
before Christmas. We just get a list of "Family A" "Family B" and boy age 12...girl age 7...with list of Christmas wishes and sizes for clothing. Then for parents, it has same things and food also for a dinner and stock pantry. It really helps with the Christmas spirit to do things like that.

OK, I need to get going...

Debbie aka Spot

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 24, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9313855

Off to the dentist for an emergency appointment. The bear of the tooth has won - I can't wait until tomorrow for my set appointment. I think I even have a gum boil back there in the red, hot mess. Wish me luck!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9313873

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Dianne}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sandy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 24, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9313880

Elsie thanks for voting. To make 3 costumes instead of just 1 is pure genius.

Has anyone heard from Bonnie since the other day?

SAndy ouch! Be careful driving and goodluck.

Deb glad you are better today.

Making a big pot of vegie,chick pea and barley soup. We can run it thru the blender for those that can't chew..

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2012
8:44 AM

Post #9313977

Vickie it was Dianne not me

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 24, 2012
8:54 AM

Post #9313995

Dianne, travel safe and good luck!!

No haven't heard from Bonnie and am concerned. Especially with the leg trouble she was having.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 24, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9314024

Good morning! Nothing new here just a bit chilly today and cloudy. I hope we get some rain this time!

(((((((((((Debbie))))))))) did you go to the ER last night? I hope you feel better today.

Waving to all!

Adina

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 24, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9314035

No, had two full doses of benedryl within 3 hours (per doctor) and that did the trick. I do have the "sleepy time" hangover today though.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 24, 2012
10:29 AM

Post #9314073

Okay switch Sandy to Dianne. Must of read too fast.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2012
10:31 AM

Post #9314077

Back from the grocery and it is a gorgeous day here. I have on shorts! Supposed to get up to 82.

Have everything ready for the weiner roast tonight.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9314300

What a day.
There was a knock on the door-was 2 Asia women who asked if they could have some of the persimmons.
After getting them some I was explaining a out the butterflies and a new Fed-ex driver came and he was also interested in the butterflies. A little later will I was trying to call my doctors office to tell them that there was no way this late in the month that I could pay $96.00 for drug that I might not be able to even take-there was a knock on the door and it was the Fed-Ex driver back with his camera to take pictures.
Then I had to call Amazon because of a mistake in one of my orders.
Andre get into the kitchen and not only get into the trash but ate half of a pastry-no dinner for him.

Going to go hide.
Might be back later

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9314522

Sandy to say the least you had a very interesting day. Sure hope that the Dr will write the prescription for something else, or a lesser amount so that you can at least try it.

The wiener roast was a success. Had about 25, and some of the people had never been to one. They have led very sheltered lives for sure.

Tomorrow, nothing on the calendar, but I am sure that something will fall into my lap.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9314568

BonnieB the sinus pain is gone sense they started to run-think the pain was do to the pressure on the part my noise that I broke. Plus I sneezed 10 times and really open them up. LOL

Have not been to a wiener roast sense I was very young

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 24, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9314569

Sandy, most doctors have samples in their office that they can help out with ...ask if he does.

BonnieB glad you had a great wiener roast, sounds like it was fun!

The Child now has possible strep. Sigh. I laid low after getting my prescription this morning. DH had his platelet donation and we ordered a pizza for
dinner.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 25, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9314827

Good Morning.

Have not heard from my sister & dad yet - we all left the restaurant last night around 7:30 and they had a longer drive home. Will call later this morning when I know my step mom should be up.

I don't know that I've been to a weiner roast - or does it count if you've cooked a hotdog on a stick outside over a fire? Probably did that as a kid.

Sandy - hoping for a calmer day today

Debbie - glad you are feeling relief from the itching. HOpe the antibiotics do their magic now.

Vicki - will be over for leftovers. :-)

Dianne - I hope you got relief with the emergency visit to the dentist!

~~ to everyone. Again, I'm late for work.
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9314835

Good morning, it is supposed to be another gorgeous day here. Don't know what is in store for me, but laundry is definitely on the list of chores.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9314839

Been up, took a shower, picked persimmons, took Andre for his run and delivered some of the persimmons and now getting ready to go to the gym---not a quite day

Oh Doctor called and he agreed with me that is was probable a combination of Allergy and broken noise and not sinus infections.

waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 25, 2012
6:41 AM

Post #9314855

Good morning,

Giving Lee's cat Axl away...I am fed up with him and he is in the dog house!!!

The Child has a 101.7 temp, trying to get her into a doctor is like...giving Lee's cat away. It' aint happening!
They said since I am sick they might just call in a prescription ...what the heck!!! They don't want her to bring the flui/strep into the doctors office.

I will say I slept last night..the sinus' are just starting to "move" so I hope thats a good thing.

Tam, what did you get that was good for dinner? You have spoke highly of that restaurant before.

BonnieB, I hope you get to rest today. Do not over do it.

Sandy, did you break your nose again recently??? What did I miss.

Vicki, I need a nap for breakfast! lol It is supposed to hit 70's today and I just opened a window and it is now full of cats.

Has anyone heard from Bonnie?

Waving to Melva, Elsie and everyone...

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 25, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9314868

Peanut Butter Cheerios for breakfast. Downloaded some pictures. Have to see if there is anything to enter in the contest. Plus I might do some ordering of pictures. Now that it has stopped storming. We are getting all our summer rain this week. We just got dumped on again this morning. Later I will go out and measure the pond.

Might do some house cleaning today. Still needs it really bad.

Planning on what to do for decorating the store. Might actually have time to work on it tonight.

Deb that is a neat picture. Reminds me of stained glass. HOpe they call in prescription for her.

Oh BonnieB! What ups and downs you have had. Glad the Weinie Roast was a good one!

Have forgotten what else I read. So hi to everyone and I think I will get my day started.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 25, 2012
7:02 AM

Post #9314880

Vicki you don't recognize those cats?

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 25, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9314889

I thought they were the ones I sent you but I have to shamefully admit I didn't enlarge the picture! Will go and do so right now!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2012
8:19 AM

Post #9314937

windy as all get-up... i'm sitting outside with the boys... supposed to be near 80 today, then 50 tomorrow... I know what the wind is bringing.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2012
8:34 AM

Post #9314955

Morning, been cleaning and straightening the house. I am on standby to go to the hospital. DBIL who had a bulldozer accident on Tuesday is in ICU and on a ventilator, has pneumonia. My DB is with my older DS right now, but when he leaves, I will go take his place and be with my DS. If you know the worth of prayer, please pray.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 25, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9314964

BonnieB sending strength to you and your family.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 25, 2012
8:55 AM

Post #9314982

OH BonnieB! How horrible! Keeping all in thoughts and prayers.

DD is at urgent care. Fever and swollen tonsils. Waiting on strep test.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 25, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9314991

Doctor believes it is early Mono...she is off work til Saturday and on antibiotics. IF work says "you are on probation, can't miss work" she is going to work today. Sigh.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2012
9:55 AM

Post #9315060

Debbie the noise did not heal, same break.

I went to the gym and took part in the "OLD" people excises class---it is not for wimps for sure and I am a wimp!!!!
Called home before I get into the pool and you know who had get the gates open and had a wonderful party in the trash!!! Came home and cleaned that out.

AND my brother(notice no dear) came over for a few minutes. The world must be coming to a end.

Oh did y'all hear about the Hurricane???? Hurricane Sandy!!!! Head for the hills

Sandy and the pig

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 25, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9315295

Took Axl to the vet. Poor boy has cystitis and bladder spasms. They put him on meds for a few days, increased his soft food and gave him his vaccines.

He isn't happy. They said the "D" word also as he is a tad over 12 lbs.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2012
3:03 PM

Post #9315303

I think Andre is going to be ok but he is gassy

Sandy and old stinky

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 25, 2012
3:37 PM

Post #9315317

Oh Sandy, don't know what to do with these furbabies.

Dianne, guess what? I got some puppy love at the vet. A four month old Rottie baby...Blaze. He was so sweet and loving, shared all kinds of puppy kisses and weighed in at a whopping 42 lbs at 4months of age. Got his puppy shots too. I told him all about Diesel.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2012
3:41 PM

Post #9315319

Hey Sandy - you and your storm can stay right there please!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2012
3:53 PM

Post #9315325

SoMegan's Mate:rry but sounds like it maybe coming your way

S and A

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 25, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9315365

They are trying to whip us up into fear here over your huricane Sandy! A friend called to say he heard they suggested we all lay in supplies for a week. Not to hit here until Mon night/Tues.

Debbie - I had everything. lol BBQ pork, fried pollack, sweet potatoes w/nuts, green beans, fried spinach & feta (tasted like it was wrapped in mashed potatoes), a chicken finger. And most importantly - three small desserts: a chocolate cheesecake, german chocolate cake and something they called a miracle bar. (had coconut in the bar part and topped with dark chocolate). Very bad but very good. :-) I hope you are starting to feel better? Poor Shannan & poor Axl.

Bonnie - wow! Is this your sister's husband? He'll be in my thoughts.

Sandy - good for you on the swimming class! I hope its warm enough to open the windows with Andre's er um condition. :-)

Vicki - decorate for Halloween? That sounds like fun.

Elsie - I'm with you! Lets blow really hard to see if we can send that huricane back to Sandy.

No - I have not heard from Bonnie since her last post. Just hoping she's having fun and not problems.

I decided to leave for my dad's house tomorrow morning. I need to load up the car with frozen meals & fish as well as my suitcase. Wanna be out of here no later than 8:30am. Which is early for me these days. lol

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9315517

Tam this one was not in the pool but I was able to set in a chair

Going to call it a night .

Good night

Sandy and The brat
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9315520

Well, back home and checking in. DS decided to come home, but I am taking her back tomorrow and will stay until her son comes. The Dr's said late this afternoon that he is critical but stable. DS has no clue about how serious this is. I talked to her on the way home, and told her that she needed to prepare herself mentally if the worst happened. I certainly hope that it doesn't, but I couldn't stand to see her in such a state of denial and if something does happen she would be completly taken by surprise.

So the house and laundry got done before I left, and DS and his SO were here and had supper started when I walked through the door. I had put some beef stew in the oven to cook, and it was done, and we had a few leftovers and I made cornbread and it was a good meal.

Debbie, hope Axel is better, and please don't say that D word, they understand you know! How is the DD?

I am hoping that the storm (Hurricane Sandy) doesn't have any effect of us at all. Guess we will just have to wait and see. We are supposed to get some rain tonight and tomorrow, and a chance of showers on Saturday.

Will probably check in early tomorrow and then when I get home tomorrow later.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 25, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9315535

BonnieB, will continue the thoughts and prayers for your family and DBIL. HOW scary! Glad DS & SO helped you out.

You do know the "D" word was diet don't you? My boy has gotten pudgy since his neutering and she is concerned.

DD looks like a chipmunk. Tonsillitis is not fun, I battled it so much growing up and remember all too well. Never had them removed but they are gone,
Doc told us they probably rotted off after so many bad times. She has golf balls protruding out of her neck glands are so swollen.

I am sneezing like crazy, along with the sinus' starting to let loose. Stomach isn't very happy about it BUT the headache is subsiding.

Tam, that sounds like a great smorgasbord of everything. They are trying to scare us with the storm also...large cold front & storm collide here and they are
calling it "FrankenStorm" as it should be around Halloween. Sigh.

Need to get some ginger ale and might turn in.

Sweet dreams
Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2012
7:23 PM

Post #9315550

Thanks for the thoughts Debbie, and I did know the D word was for diet! The animals understand it too.

Tammy that meal did sound good. Glad that you got to visit with your family too. Be careful on the road tomorrow.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2012
7:40 PM

Post #9315568

BonnieB, sending prayers for your DBIL and your family.

Debbie, I hope everyone feels better.

Tammy, that sounds like a great meal. Have a nice time tomorrow.

I'm hoping the storm goes out to sea and bothers some sharks. This storm is predicted to hit us on the same day as that storm last fall. The one that took out the trees and power lines. I'm really hoping they are so wrong.

I got my flu shot after work at the grocery store. Not much of a wait at all. And my insurance paid a good part of it - I had to pay less than $8.00 - not bad.

I had my hair cut after work and she really cut part of my bangs too short. Oh well this too shall pass.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 25, 2012
8:02 PM

Post #9315584

Hi friends. I have been sooooo busy.

A short, but sweet report.

Today Patti put on her big girl panties and bought the car of her dreams, a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited in Copper or what we used to call burnt orange. And I signed the papers to secure an apartment for mom in the assisted living facility that is far superior to all others I interviewed. My legs are greatly improved. Sleeping on the sofa with the wedge keeping me legs above my heart has proven to be extremely beneficial.

Hoping hurricane Sandy will not close down the Orlando airport on Saturday morning so i can get back home. Miss my boys.

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2012
4:41 AM

Post #9315719

Good morning everyone

Watching the local tv station that is almost always correct and will let y'all know what they say

BonnieB {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}} to you and your DS

Bonnie glad to hear from you

Debbie {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}} to you and your DD

Andre survived this fun yesterday

Today I am going to take it easy except for going to visit my Uncle and Aunt down on the river. Hoping the clouds will be just right for a good sunset.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 26, 2012
5:14 AM

Post #9315746

Good Morning!

Glad to hear from Bonnie and with such good news.

Debbie - Freddie thinks we buy especially good food for him with the Chicken Soup for Cat Lovers "Adult Lite". Probably a problem for someone in that household but a suggestion if it might work.

BonnieB - my best to your sister & family!

I'm all showered, dressed, had breakfast & my coffee. So I guess its time to pack the car & head out on the road. Be good ladies and remember - ITS FRIDAY!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 26, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9315799

I am up and heading to the shower. DS said that it would probably be about 10 before she was ready, so just waiting for the phone to ring.

It is cloudy and overcast, with showers predicted. So may be a good thing I will be gone.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 26, 2012
6:25 AM

Post #9315820

Morning! Gotta make this quick as I really need to get outside and get something done on our last warm day. Just hope it is dry enough.

BonnieB goodluck today.

Bonnie great choice. HOpe you make it home. There's no place like home.

Tam have a safe and fun trip. WE were decorating for Xmas. It is coming along.

Elsie hope it is not the same type of storm!

Deb glad things are loosening up. Poor Shannon. I remember having that a lot as I grew up. Poor Axl! We should all D together!

Sandy is Andre's gas done with today. What to do with that boy!

Gotta get going. Might be back later.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 26, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9315825

Good morning,

I am thrilled. I actually slept all night...at least til DH got up for work. But was able to go back to sleep afterwards. Came down stairs and DD is on the couch, drenched in fever sweat. Sure hope the meds kick in quick!

Vicki we have a beautiful day here also. I hope to sit out back on the steps or picnic table for a bit and enjoy it.

Bonnie, so happy you were able to arrange those things! I might be calling the airport to get out TODAY from the sounds of that storm.

Melva, how are your knees, all healed?? Bet Graham doesn't like that cold front I saw moved into Texas.

Sandy, Andre' and Izzy have the same issues with the gas...she ate something.

BonnieB, travel safe...sure hope he is doing better today.

Elsie & Tam you both better stock up for this storm. They are even saying it will hit us...but possibly cause a snow issue.
Sure hope they are all over reacting but sure doesn't sound like it.

Axl is VERY mad at me. I walk towards him...he runs the other way. BUT last night he slept in my dresser drawer on top of my PJs. lol

Waving good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY to everyone.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9315832

His gas is gone but he is still paying the price of stuffing his self. Now we have to work off the weight he put on.
3 mile bike/run this morning and he is now pooped out

waving

Sandy and Andre
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 26, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9316021

Graham had to come inside..I am even going to plug in his heat rock..the left knee still has a sore spot right on the knee cap..the bruises are finally going away.
Excitement here yesterday...the repair man was here looking at the washer and the dryer..he said the dryer needed a new motor and would cost close to $400 to fix so we are getting a new dryer...being delivered tomorrow. then Karen came by to give me some books..a new Patricia Cornwall and a Dean Koontz...then Gonzales came to mow since he isn't able to come Saturday...all the stimulation, I was tired and went to bed at 8:30 which never happens...never!~
It is too cold outside to do much so I am sorting clothes...hope to sell some in my sale next Saturday...November 3d...
I have a bunch of tomatoes on the plants..they are small, so I was hoping they would get larger before I pick them..and there are squash on the plants too. It might freeze, probably not tonight but maybe tomorrow.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 26, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9316038

This week, had another blood test and ultrasound for my thyroid... Saw my Doc this morning...
I have 2 choices... either wait another 6 months to see if the nodule had grown [again] or go see a surgeon.

The nodule doubled in size since january... when she showed me the size by using a measure tape... it's huge. She was honestly surprised when I stated i do not have any issues with breathing or swallowing... says it's staying inside the gland and not protruding out.

I was hoping to pick Tam's brain on this... but know she just left town...

So -- I'm going to make an appointment to see the surgeon and see what my options are.

Now ... there is this raspberry scone on the counter just calling my name... I've been very good NOT eating any unnecessary starch...

OH... good news... the kids set a date! it's 18 months out, but we [I'm tagging along with Mary] are booking the Banquet hall tomorrow. Mary is a sweetie and will be a great daughter-in-law.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 26, 2012
1:50 PM

Post #9316248

Bonnie, sounds like things are going well. Hope the flight isn't delayed.

Debbie, I hope DD feels better.

Therese, congrats on the date and the DIL. I hope Tam can help you when she gets back.

The guys I work with were looking for a generator for work. Can't find any at all. BJ's had no carts to go shopping in their store. I'm hoping to hit the grocery store early tomorrow and get gas.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 26, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9316287

Well, when your little area makes the big time news...its all blown up. Remember my picture of the "skyline" across Lake Ontario showing Toronto? Well, that tiny little town of Olcott was the "center" of an earth quake last night. Apparently 2.5 which is nothing...and was in the middle of lake Ontario at 12:35 a.m. This one, I did not feel...or fall out of bed! Olcott is just a few miles to the west of us...but the lake is 3 miles at the end of our road. I jokingly told DH we better go watch for a tsunami.

Shannon seems a tad bit better, woke up from her nap hungry.

This day was nice outside but the temps are dropping. I got the bird feeders filled and some seeds collected.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 26, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9316506

Good evening. All those north and east of me, better batten down the hatches. We had 82 yesterday and awoke during the night to thunder and rain and then the temps this morning at 36 degrees. Drove in the rain all the way to Louisville, and it was still raining when we left the hospital late this afternoon. It is just miserable out.

Melva, so glad that your knees are better, and whoopee on the new dryer. Hope your sale next week goes well too.

Terese, wow the thyroid gland sure increased in size. I know that Tam will be happy to give you information. It is odd that we all depend on her so much for this. I know that several in DH's family have had to have thyroid removed and of course they are on synthetic thyroid, and all seem to handle it well. Out of 5 sisters, 4 have had to have the surgery. That seems odd, but his DM had thyroid issues too, and goiter surgery many years ago. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. I am hoping that you are seeing the true DIL and not a veneer. That happens, but I have found, that being open and honest, and being able to say what is on your mind, works well in this house. I have told them all that I am what they see, no hidden agendas, and no fronts. I tell it like it is, and if they have a problem with it, we will discuss it. Seems to have worked so far.

Debbie, yippee on the good night's sleep last night. I think I was awake every hour on the hour. Dont' know what the problem was, probably concern about DBIL. Hope "the child" is feeling better, and being hungry sure seems to say that she is feeling better. Wow an earthquake, the numbers tell me that only the fish were aware of it!

Elsie, I am hoping that you are able to get to the grocery and to get gas tomorrow. I am so hoping that the storm track changes and instead of making landfall that it will die out, or change direction before it plays out. Will be thinking of all of you.

Sandy, glad that the weather was good enough to open windows last night with Andres problem. Yep the D word is in store for him. Naughty boy.

Vicki, I really DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS. Oh, sorry, didn't realize I was yelling, but hey, we haven't yet had halloween, and Thanksgiving. It is too soon for that, but I am sure that with working in retail the push is on for everything to get decorated.

Bonnie, glad that things are okay, and hope that you got a flight before weather related things brought a delay or cancellation. Look forward to more info when you are settled in at home.

Well the update on my DBIL is not really good news. He is in Neuro ICU because of initial bleeding on the brain when he was admitted to the hospital. However CT Scans indicate that has stopped. The main problem now is that while doing the CT scan they sedated him, he vomited and aspirated it into his lungs, causing pneumonia. His BP was sky high, so they are giving IV's for that, plus he is on a ventilator and only breathing at 20% on his own. They are giving 3 broad spectrum antibiotics, and started a direct line today. The most pressing problem is dehydration, even though they are giving IV's at a fast rate. His kidney output is almost nil, or at about 15-20%. Instead of the fluids being processed in the normal manner, it is going into tissues and he is swelling. The Dr admitted that his condition is worse today than yesterday, and said that his recovery depends on the hydration and kidney function right now. All other issues can be addressed after that.

So need prayers from those who believe in them.

Our annual fish fry is tomorrow night, so I will be busy all day with preparation, and then probably be so tired I can't check in tomorrow night. I suggested to DH that if next years fishing is as productive, that he make a list of people that he normally invites to the fish fry, and after each fishing trip, that the deliver uncleaned and uncooked his catch of the day. It will save us a lot of time and trouble, and the outcome for us will be the same. Getting rid of fish. However, it will not be the same for the recepients, and may get a few complaints!

Back when I recover from the fish fry.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2012
5:02 AM

Post #9316723

morning everyone

s and a
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 27, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #9316752

Morning. raining here again!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 27, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9316761

Morning!

Will be going out in a bit to plant the bulbs or what I can today.

BonnieB yell all you want. I do it only because I have to. So sorry about DBIL. Sending strength. Hope the Fish Fry is a big success and I love next years solution!

Deb beautiful fall pictures. Felt like I was home. My sinuses are acting up today. Just took some meds and hoping that is all it takes. How was the tsunami? LOL

Elsie hope you get out and get what you need. Shame on Sandy for being so mean. Or possibly mean. LOL

Terese I don't know what to say except hope all goes well. Don't know much about the thyroid.

Sandy is Andre back on his diet meds? Is there anything else you can give him?

We have gotten about 6 inches of rain in a couple of days. The ground is just soaking it up.

I'd better get going. Like all of you there is tons of stuff to do.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2012

Post #9316762

no rain here, just very cloudy and dark and 67 degrees

S and A

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 27, 2012

Post #9316764

Hi Sandy. We have a warm 26 degrees. Trade you!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9316766

Vickie crossed post. We no longer use the diet drug-it only kept him from eating his dog food-everything else was still eaten.

s and a

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2012

Post #9316767

No thank you, my old joints are not happy with this temp

s and a

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 27, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9316774

Good morning,

Woke up sneezing and coughing! I think I found what is making me sick and it isnt good. DH found a leak in the roof that was going down the chimney, into the house and DSs room. His celing in his bedroom needs replaced...MOLD!!! DS and I are highly allergic so this could be what started it all.
DH has been on the roof repairing for two days and it is resealed, now we need to replace that drywall for the ceiling in that area.

It has been raining here since about 7:00 last night and a steady rain.

We go to DD's this afternoon, can't believe my first baby, Jeanna, is 29. Just doesn't seem possible. Was one of the scariest days of my life with all the medical issues for both of us.

Be careful for all of you who are traveling...Bonnie, know you are heading home today. Be careful!!!

Debbie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 27, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9316780

Debbie -- Wouldn't your home owners insurance pay for or help pay for the damage / mold.

I know that mold is a health concern.

an old friend of mine had that black mold all thru-out the house... it was bad.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 27, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9316784

I told DH that it would and to check into it, he can't be bothered and said "its just replacing a square of drywall and our insurance could go up!"" SO...he will make a bigger mess no doubt. HOWEVER if we go up and lift the attic floor and see it is worse than thought (a 3 X 3 square in DSs closet) I will insist he call them.

Thanks for thinking of that.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 27, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9316833

Vicki, that is cold! I hope you get your stuff done.

Debbie, I hope the mold issue takes care of your cold symptoms. I have had a runny nose for a week. I think it is outside allergies.

Sandy, 67 sounds delightful.

BonnieB, I hope your fish fry goes well. It seems like a few more people need to pitch in and help.

I just got back from getting gas and groceries. It's a good thing that people were in pretty good moods. The grocery opens at 8 and I got there at 18 past. The parking lot was filled but there were no lines. By the time I got to the dairy section - the line was all the way to dairy. They had one line for all the registers. And most of the cashiers didn't come in until 9. The line started at the registers and went to the end of the store, down the side of the store and turned to go back towards the entry side of the store. I bet the line was 3/4 around the outside of the store. I figured we would still be there long after the storm was over.

The news is saying that we could be 10 days without power. I sure hope that doesn't happen.

On my way to work in the morning I see deer, rabbits, squirrels, heron, ducks, geese, swans... and yesterday I saw a robot. I couldn't slow down to really see it. the robot was between a car and a dumpster.

I need to go out and make sure there are no potential flying objects in the yard.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9316892

elsie true, it would be delightful if we had not gone from the mid 80's down to the mid 60's in one day

s and A

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 27, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9317153

Loretta - a robot? lol I can't believe the lines at the store!!!! The storm isn't due to hit until Mon night/Tues. DH got gas for the generator. I didn't check milk etc yet.

Debbie - a lot of insurance companies (including mine) took off coverage for mold. So I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope that you will be covered. I had a friend us *I think* Borax to knock out the mold in her home when the roof leaked. I'll double check. She was amazed at how well it worked.

Terese - did they do a biopsy? Why are they wanting to do surgery? Are you hyper? As in TSH levels really low? Of course I'm not a doctor but I'll share what I've learned.

OK... Time to go. BBL
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 27, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #9317167

Tam, we went to Walmart and the lines ...with every cash register almost open...were 10 deep! And we are way inland. They are still talking of this "crash" from the two storms hitting over us...Wednesday and thursday.

Heading out to Jeanna's.

Debbie
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 27, 2012
2:15 PM

Post #9317187

Tammy, it looked like a robot to me. I think I would have done better going to Weis which opens earlier. Oh well - now I don't have to go out until Monday. The forecast is for torrential rains Monday afternoon. I have no idea if we will even be working.

I'm cleaning the dishwasher. What a production.

I got my hair cut on Thursday - it is/was awful. I spoke to the manager and she had me come in . She couldn't believe how short the girl cut my bangs. It looked like she used a bowl that was on lopsided. The manager trimmed it up yesterday - it's a little better but I can't wait until it grows out.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 27, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9317372

Tam -- I did the biopsy in the Spring... came back benign -- I am hypo, my hormone levels are finally 'normal', but I am on meds. I think her concern is with how large it is and the gland it's self is 'enlarged' ... I can feel constant pressure on my esophagus ... but it does not effect my swallowing or breathing [yet] -- but that is a concern.

I have an appointment on Wednesday to have a consult with the surgeon... I'll just hear what she has to say.

thanks -- and hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Terese
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 27, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9317383

Fish fry is done for another year. Told DH that next year, make his invitation list early, and when he goes fishing the first time, take the fish uncleaned and uncooked to the first person on the list, and then etc, second time, second person. Then we would meet for coffee in November to talk about how good the fish were! I don't think he liked that idea.

Brrr, vicki, you need to move south!

Tammy, hope you enjoyed your trip.

Elsie, good gosh, find you a good beautician and stick with her. it is worth it to pay more and be pleased with the "do" than to go somewhere that you are not familiar and be disappointed.

Debbie, hope that the mold isn't too bad. Does bleach kill it? Forgotten.

Terese, with the hormones normal does that mean you are feeling okay?

Sandy, hope that you will weather the storm okay.

No change in DBIL, just had his DS call and report on the visit tonight.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 27, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9317388

BonnieB -- yanno... I have zero symptoms of hypothyroid... the Docs always ask me how i feel, i've always said, fine, zero symptoms. But now i have that pressure on my throat.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 27, 2012
6:26 PM

Post #9317393

Terese, it sounds like that surgery is probably a given, just in deciding when to have it. You know, winter is a good time to recouperate. i think now the procedure is through a very tiny opening, with maybe 2-5 stitches. I have had cuts on my finger bigger than that! Get it done before you have problems swallowing or even breathing.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9317438

BonnieB other than it is cold(for us) and the sky is covered with dark clouds and there is a little bit of wind-we have had now problems. We did not even get any rain.

going to go to bed

Good night everyone

sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2012

Post #9317694

BONNIE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I tried to post on FB but would not let me so here is your Birthday flowers

Sandy

Thumbnail by wren107

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2012
4:42 AM

Post #9317695

Good morning everyone
Cold and overcast here this morning, will be down to 38 by Tuesday morning-I am not ready for that yet

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 28, 2012
4:55 AM

Post #9317703

Good morning. Great start to my birthday. I just ushered the EMS team to the door. DM slid down the side of her bed onto the floor and would not allow me to help her up. Instead she scooted all over the room and into the bathroom looking for a place to pull up. I finally pushed her med alert button and asked for help.

Almost tme for my replacement. Shutting down.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2012 5:59 AM
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9317720

Oh Bonnie - I hope the day gets better. Happy Birthday!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 28, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9317743

Happy Birthday Bonnie! I figure it can only get better today. :-)

Terese - I had a very large nodule on my thyroid when I was 32. The ENT used a syringe to remove material for biopsy and to reduce its size. Most of it was fluid and that took care of it. I had another nodule 10yrs later that was the one where the biopsy results came back with a problem (which led to my surgery.)

BonnieB - that is a wonderful idea for the fish fry! Why should you always be the one to clean & cook the fish? An alternative would be to suggest that the venue be rotated through all participants - each one who goes, hosts one year and it rotates through the full group oever years.)

Loretta - sorry about the haircut but at least the manager tried to correct it. Thank goodness it grows out. I was hoping to work outside today but its raining already. :-(

Debbie - we're pretty much in the center of that monster storm's path. yeah! waaaah

Howdy Vicki, Adina, Melva and everyone else.
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 28, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9317768

Good morning,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bonnie! I am sorry about your DM falling and as the others have said, lets pray it goes "up" from here. Enjoy your day!

Waving good morning to everyone! Stay SAFE

Be back after breakfast

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 28, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9317788

Morning!

Happy Birthday Bonnie. As the others I hope it is up from here. Any plans for yourself?

I am ready to go back to bed. Didn't sleep real good.

Heavy frost last night. Hope I can get the bulbs planted tomorrow. Decided I wasn't going to try before going to work.

Think I will go and lay down.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2012
7:02 AM

Post #9317802

Tammy, I tried grating the frozen lemon in my soup yesterday. I thought I put way too much in - there was no bitterness.

The wind has picked up and it seems to have gotten colder already. I can't wait for the pine cones to rain down on my house. I sure hope no trees come down around my house. I thought it had started raining - it sounds like it. But it must be the wind and little things hitting the house.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 28, 2012
8:59 AM

Post #9317889

Elsie stay in the house. Don't want you to get bombed with pinecones.

Forgot to wash my work clothes. Still have time. Darn!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 28, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #9317917

Just toss them in the dryer with a sheet and freshen them up. lol I think you should call in...thats serious.

Elsie, stay in the house and behave...those pinecones hurt.

There was a special weather forecast for up here. They are expecting waves 20 to 24 feet high...in Lake Ontario and Erie!!! Gotta get my surfboard reved up.

Told DH I was going down to take pictures, said he was hiding my keys!!!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 28, 2012
9:55 AM

Post #9317925

Deb he could go with and protect you. I just wish Sandy would behave. LOL

They are too dirty to do that. Those boxes and totes are filthy! Also the floor when you HAVE to get DOWN that far!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2012
10:25 AM

Post #9317952

Vicki, call in that you have no clothes to wear to work. hehe

I'm surprised how many surfers are out there today. Debbie, don't do it. If you do you will be that person caught on video with the huge wave going over them.

I have no plans to go outside. But I am sure the sounds of the pinecones hitting the metal roof will be deafening. Chloe doesn't like these noises and neither do I. So far we have had no rain. It does seem to have gotten darker and colder.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 28, 2012
10:28 AM

Post #9317957

We are cool and sunshiney!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2012
10:52 AM

Post #9317979

Not a cloud in the sky here.

Vickie I WILL not BEHAVE!!!!!! LOL

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 28, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #9317980

Didn't really think so but just had to say it! LOL

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2012
11:36 AM

Post #9318026

LOL!!!

Just do not say that I am a wind bad!!! LOL

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 28, 2012
11:52 AM

Post #9318046

We have had rain since Thursday. What the heck!

Elsie, you know that water is cold now...but if it was warmer, I would be in that video! (rare lake whale washes ashore in Ontario region)

I know several Sandy's and not one of them would behave! Something to be said about that name.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9318055

Haven't been able to get on puter till now. Wanted to wish Bonnie a very happy birthday. Hope I can come back later.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 28, 2012
1:37 PM

Post #9318166

Bonnie -- wishing you a fabulous Birthday... and hope your mom is OK.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 28, 2012

Post #9318193

Bonnie - wishing you a very happy birthday!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 28, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9318218

Hey - Becky! How are you doing?

I managed to get a lot done outside - all my bulbs planted, weeded and removed the leaves from my rock garden and ground up the leaves with my lawn mower. I even checked to see if there were any more sweet potatoes - nope.

I hope we're ready! Take care everyone.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9318447

Well, we went to the community center and picked up the cookers, and dealt with the oil. Took chairs back to church, grabbed a sandwich while we were out, and then home, where I got all the things that we use stored away until another time.

I preached this morning at another church here in the county and DS went with me. High praise, when we got in the car to come home, he said "great message mom". He said that I probably stepped on some toes, but for the life of me can't imagine that anyone would be offended at anything I said. Different prospectives!

All of you who are expecting the storm, please stay safe, and if you have power, please check in, so that others will know that you are okay and enduring whatever is happening in your area.

Tammy, I wish you had some of DH's sweet potatoes. He brought in one of the biggest ones and I made 3 meals out of just that one potato! Not all of them like that, but we sure are going to enjoy them this winter. Hope I am not orange when spring comes!

Bonnie, let us know how you celebrated. Very interested.

Lee, good to "see" you. Wish you had the time to check in and let us know what is going on more often. But I understand.

Debbie, too funny about whale!

vicki, brrr, you are cold compared to here. Keep it for awhile.

terese, when is your appointment with the surgeon?

Elsie, would be nice if you had padding on the ceiling to lessen the sound of the pine cones falling. Get Chloe a set of earphones, and let her listen to soothing music.

Mr. B is so enjoying him being the only dog in the house. My DBIL came and picked up his dog yesterday, and she didn't seem the least bit excited to see them. I guess she liked my treats better.

The other BIL who had the bulldozer accident is about the same. They did dialysis on him yesterday as his kidneys only had about 10 cc of output in an 8 hour period. DS called tonight and wanted to know my opinion of having him moved to another hospital. She thinks they are not working hard enough to get him awake and functioning. I told her that he is in critical condition, and needs to be at that trauma hospital until he is taken off the critical list at least. Don't know if we can persuade her to let them continue treatment and have patience.

Off to check some other threads. I am doing laundry and cleaning my closet tomorrow in anticipation that I will need to take my DS to the hospital on Tuesday. My DB is taking her tomorrow.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2012
7:15 PM

Post #9318470

BonnieB, if I had ear phones and music, I would be using them.

It is rather odd outside - I can see the outline of the trees - I guess because of the full moon? Still no rain just some wind. the wind has just started to pick up. I think it will scare me as I try to get some sleep.

Most of the schools in the state are closed tomorrow. I saw on the news that several places have already flooded without any rain. I guess the surf is pushing towards the shore. I think one of our high schools will be opened as a shelter.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2012
7:36 PM

Post #9318484

Stay safe everyone
And good night
Sandy and Andre

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 29, 2012
12:48 AM

Post #9318632

Hi everyone! I finally harvested all the veggies, just in time before the bad weather started. I have another bucket of green tomatoes, one of peppers, some red orach, dill, mint and 2 pumpkins. It's very cold and the wind blows hard. A few showers last night and more coming today.

Happy Belated Birthday, Bonnie! I hope your day was better after leaving your DM. Did you have any plans for your BD?

Loretta, Debbie, stay safe from the hurricane! You'll be in my prayers, aswell as all the people living in the path of the hurricane. Sounds so scary, but I hope it won't be!

Tam, will you be affected by the hurricane too? You did a lot in the garden! What bulbs did you plant?

BonnieB, how nice of your DS to tell you such sweet things about you preaching at the church! Keeping your DBIL in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Vicki, is the ground freezing? I hope you can plant your bulbs. We're also having the first frost sometime these days, grrr!

Sandy, sending hugs to Andre. Glad he is OK.

Waving to all I missed!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 29, 2012
4:11 AM

Post #9318679

morning everyone and it is a very chilly one here 47 degrees

here is another of those things our TV channel website has-this one is "Celebrities' fears, phobias"
Some of them are very strange ones
http://www.news4jax.com/entertainment/halloween/-/3987740/17144118/-/pfbxcf/-/index.html

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 29, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #9318750

I just burned boiled eggs! Darn computer wouldn't release me! LOL Can just hear what DH has to say!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 29, 2012
7:14 AM

Post #9318822

Dark deary and very wet here. Heading out for supplies.

Stay safe!

Debbie
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2012
8:57 AM

Post #9318962

Sandy - afraid of butterflies?

Vicki, I'm sure it was the egg's fault.

I have been to work and just got home. It started to rain on the way to work. It's now very windy with sideways rain. I had a hard time sleeping last night because of the winds. There is like a snowdrift of leaves outside my front door. They are about 2 feet deep.

There is a very large tree in the yard of a very old house. Two of the large trunks have come down - it's impressive.

I think I'm going to have some tea.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
8:57 AM

Post #9318963

Vicki - if it makes you feel any better, my mom burned a number of tea kettles in her day. (Did I mention she's hard of hearing AND forgetful. lol)

Adina - I am pretty much right in the path of Sandy & just to the right of the center, which they are saying is going to be the worst. fun times ahead I'm sure. We have the generator so I feel much more comfortable than I did for Irene last year. Everything is set. I planted 200 tulips - a combo they called "Fire and Ice" with 2/3 bulbs red and 1/2 white with a little red. I also finished off a bag of little species daffodils and 100 "Baby Moon" daffodils (they are only 7" tall and as cute as could be!). I also planted 100 species crocus & 100 iris reticulata.

Debbie - you're not supposed to go out now! They've closed everything around here. Work shut down all the offices on the east coast so I'm thinking I should close down my office too. :-)

Loretta - you're home today? I imagine they closed your work office too?

We've gotten almost an inch of rain so far and its mighty nasty out there. They are predicting the worst will be this evening into tomorrow. The chickens are outside but I'm hoping are smart enough to go into the barn if the winds get bad.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9318966

Cross posted w/you Loretta. I'm glad you are home. Tea sounds like a good idea.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 29, 2012

Post #9318998

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}} to y'all, please be safe!!!!

Sandy and Andre

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 29, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9319041

It's been raining here too and the wind is blowing pretty hard. Cold too! The furnace is on, so no worries about that. I have been watching the news to hear more about the hurricane, but it seems that I have more news from you...which is good because that means you're OK.

((((((((Tam))))))))), wow, that's a lot of bulbs and they will be so beautiful in your garden next spring! The generator is a great aquisition and so reassuring if you will need power!

(((((((((((Loretta)))))))), stay warm and safe ! I hope Chloe will encourage you during the storm!

(((((((((((Debbie))))))))), take care! I hope you got enough supplies, so you won't have to go out again for a few days,, until the storm is over...I hope it won't last that long though!

Vicki, that one I haven't heard before, burning boiled eggs!LOL Computer made me burn boiled potatoes !LOL

Sandy, thanks for the link, it was so funny to read about the stars' fears!

Thinking of you all guys! Stay safe!

Adina

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9319046

Well my office assistants seem to think its a work day. They both came into the office early and are busy getting all cleaned up (Pixel) or thinking deeply about a problem (Truffles). Both are on the really cushy-soft lap blankets I bought for the office. :-)

Adina - For many years, I planted over 1000 bulbs each fall. So this year seemed like a light one. That's the problem when you have a lot of land - even 100 bulbs doesn't make much of an impact in the larger areas.

Thanks Sandy. I forgot to tell you that my sister had a shawl that looked an awful like the one you made for me. If I'd known, I would have worn yours so we could be matching. :-)

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 29, 2012
10:16 AM

Post #9319052

Back safe, sanity in question...but ya'll knew that already!!!

Store was packed! Just as bad as it was Saturday, but thankfully everything was stocked up. No businesses are closed today...everything running as usual. Tomorrow a different story.

We have had rain since Thursday, a couple inches so far, so this isn't looking any different...yet! DH got gas for our little generator (to check my email) and hopefully the fridge/freezer.

Tam, are the chickens safe out in this? Poor babies must be scared.

Elsie, i am glad you are home. My BIL Harold is in NJ, Ohio sent him out on the work crew yesterday to be ready for repairs...so I will get him right on your house. Just keep hitting him with a stick to keep him awake!

Everyone, stay safe...and please...let the internet connections stay connected!!! I have my priorities!

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9319067

Debbie - whew! They are advising that everyone stay off the roads around here. You were nuts but glad you are safely home with supplies. The chickens are out. They don't seem bothered by the rain. There does not seem to be a lot of wind (yet) so I guess they are enjoying finding the worms up at the top of the soil? I so rarely get them the early worm here after all. LOL

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 29, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #9319071

Tam, we just have rain here. The wind is maybe 10 mph right now. I didn't feel any pull with the van or anything. BUT know that is going to change.

They just "upped" the State of Emergency and no unnecessary travel for this evening and they are opening shelters as of 3:00. I can't figure out why they never sent the kids home from school. Colleges are closing at 4:00.

Laughing about the worms! lol

Here is our weather. If it doesn't show Lyndonville just type that in or zip 14098

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9319119

Well I just checked outside and the wind has picked up quite a bit. I moved a few plants that could blow off the deck. We're at 1.5" of rain now. Your weather report says gusting to 26 MPH. If you are curious, we're in 19504 (or enter Hereford, Pa. That's closer to where we live but not the right zipcode. )

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2012
11:24 AM

Post #9319137

I just watched a newcast that said the storm has sped up so it will be here sooner I think. Yikes the wind is scary. they news said that 80% of NJ will be without power. I hope I'm in the 20%. The crews are from as far away as WA state. I'm not too sure there will be a Jersey shore when Sandy is done.

there are several people from work who have been away at a trade show. They were supposed to return today. They probably won't be able to get a flight back until Thursday.

I'm not too sure I have enough emergency ice cream and chocolate.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 29, 2012
11:28 AM

Post #9319144

I need to get back to crocheting----that is after I untangle the yard-Andre is worse than a cat!!!!!!

Sandy and the BRAT!!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 29, 2012
11:30 AM

Post #9319146

Elsie some of our electric workers are on the way up there

I am going to kill a dog!!!!!!
What do you know I think he just get the message that NO!!! meant no!!!

Sandy and the brat

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 29, 2012
11:33 AM

Post #9319149

What weather do you guys check with?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 29, 2012
11:47 AM

Post #9319168

We have WKBW tv or the weather channel and put in our zip code/town name or Orleans County.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2012
12:09 PM

Post #9319188

Of all the things to worry about, and I worry about the chickens! how will the barn be shut after them, when the storm is full fledged?
I hope all the hype and fears about the storm, don't come true..sounds scary!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
1:15 PM

Post #9319285

Melva - I went out to shut the barn and the dumb chickens are in the shed where we keep the tractor! I made an apple crisp and gave them the peels and cores in the barn in hopes that would attract them. They seem nervous about the barn. They will be fine in the shed (the doors are shut but there's about 1ft on one side where it doesn't close completely and that's how I know they are in there.)

Loretta - OMG!!! What will you do if you didn't get in enough supplies? I have a half gallon (or whatever it is these days 3/8 of a gal?) of ice cream in the freezer and just made an apple crisp (in case the power goes out. I don't have the oven on the generator circuit). You'll just have to drive here if you run out. :-)

Vicki - I also use weather.com or the local station wmfz.

Sandy - he's just keeping you entertained. That's why you love him. (ducking & running as fast as I can...)
Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2012

Post #9319355

Silly chickens!
Debbie, is Daisy present and accounted for? I went outside and Corky was on alert and a cute little tortoiseshell kitty was out there...I said, " Hey there!" and she started to come to me...that enraged Corky. guess he doesn't want to share. He chased her out of the yard. Now he is back inside cuddling me.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 29, 2012
2:47 PM

Post #9319388

Yep, Daisy is here...she monitors the computer as soon as I sit down.

Look at that, he is worried she would replace him...so he is going to love on you.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2012
2:49 PM

Post #9319390

Melva, trust me when I tell you that the storm is here and it's bad.

Tammy, I'm not sure driving is a good idea. Although for ice cream...

I looked out the window and the house across the way - they have 3 huge pine trees in front of their house. One of them is coming out of the ground. It's leaning against one of the other trees. I cannot tell you how scary that is.

I called my neighbor and he came up - he said the one tree is leaning on the house. I took some pictures and you can see the gutter is all mangled.

One of the plastic panels on my front porch ripped so it is raining into the porch. Oh well.

Thumbnail by elsie   Thumbnail by elsie         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9319476

yeah... this sure is a nasty one! Amazingly we still have power but the wind is howling and we're now at well over 3" of rain and its still pouring. I believe the worst will be tonight for the storm and tomorrow for the flooding. They are sure we'll have serious flooding in the town south of us by about 8mi.

The chickens are all in the barn. I shut the doors and they are safe.

Our biggest issue if Fred. He does not want to go outside (and he doesn't use a litter box.) I carried him out to the barn when I checked the chickens but he ran right back to the house & went under the deck. He was under there long enough to do his business but I don't know if he did. He's sleeping again.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 29, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9319486

Tam we are doing the same, wind is howling but so far we have power.

Elsie, DH and I were just talking about the trees along our back lot...look quite a bit like those trees and DH is wondering if they will be laying down in the morning. (I hope so),. BUT there are probably 20 of them in the row, neighbors property, but if they fall it will be on our property. Sigh.

THey have issued evacuation warnings down at the lake for all 3 counties here in a row...Niagara, Orleans (me) and Monroe...those living right on the lake.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 29, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #9319489

Tam he is being a royal pain in the ------!!!
And yes the right side of the storm is the worse-that is why we rarely get it bad up where we are.

I am going to the Dental collage tomorrow--they will make the impressions of my teeth--praying that the molds come off the teeth!!!!!

Very tired and the ankles and feet hurt. The right knee is doing good but the left is now hurting in a different way that it did before. Guess I will need to go to the doctors again. Darn it

Going to watch some tv and then bed

All of you in the path of this storm please stay safe

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9319496

Sandy, I hope things go well tomorrow.

Tammy, I would have thought that even a cat who doesn't like the litter would use it in an emergency. I guess I don't know cats.

Debbie, we still have power too - I'm very surprised. I checked my trees and they aren't moving around. The neighbors trees - they piled mulch about 2 feet up the trunks. I wonder if that is why they are swaying. The pines around here are so tall - including the ones around my house. It's very scary.

Chloe and I are hanging tough.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9319521

Loretta - glad you & Chloe are such tough dudes. :-) And there's a house full of rugs and papers that are more attractive to Fred than the litter box. hurumpf.

The power went out for a few minutes but is back on. We're all hanging tough here too.
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9319526

The news just showed what looked to be an apartment building in NY - the front peeled off in the wind. You can look right in and see the rooms. You can't imagine what is going on in my head while listening to all the noised going on with the winds.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9319612

Good evening. I have been praying for all of those in the path of this storm. We watched the weather channel a bit ago and gosh it looks so bad. We are only supposed to get the wind and maybe a little rain. My DTS who lives on the edge of the Appalachain Mountains are supposed to get snow and plenty of it. It has turned colder here today. We have had the heater running all day. DH is being a miser and not wanting to turn on the furnace, just use the little heater. Well, it will work for now, but when it gets really cold, look out that furnace will be turned on.

I had a productive day, I did some laundry and then cleaned my closet and have 3 large garbage bags of clothes to go to Goodwill. Closet looks nice and would love to do DH's but if I took one shirt out, he would surely miss it! Don't have to take my DS to the hospital tomorrow, her DS has a day off work and is taking her.

The DBIL has been taken off the sedatives, the BP meds changed and a trach put in his throat, so that should be more comfortable. He has not regained consciousness though which is troubling. They will be doing the second dialysis tomorrow in hopes that it will kick start the kidneys into working.

Elsie, I sure hope that tree doesn't fall on the house. You be careful and stay inside if possible. Wind scares me because it can break off limbs and they may get stuck and fall hours later.

Tammy glad the chickens are safe.

Sandy, Andre only wants to learn how to knit!

Debbie, bet all your critters will be glad to help keep you warm and make sure you are there to protect them tonight.

Melva too funny about Corky chasing the girl kittie off.

We went to see the DBIL that had the heart surgery and I kept his dog tonight, and Mr. B marched right into their house and ate her food! That is called making yourself at home.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 29, 2012
8:47 PM

Post #9319743

Knock on wood at 11: 45 we still have power. The wind is still blowing, we can't see anything outside it is so dark with the rain. DH & DD both have to be to work in the morning. Monroe county is in a state of emergency ...and ours is only along the lake shore. Both have an hour drive.

Elsie, I saw that building with the front falling off. Another collapsed also. NYU Hospital lost its back up generator and they are having to move severe patients
during the middle of this right now.

I am going to head to bed...so far all the animals are calm and comfortable and snoozing. Izzy seems fine and is ready for her bed.

Everyone be careful!!! This is Darla snuggling on me...or also know to Axl as "mini me".

Debbie

IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

October 29, 2012
9:14 PM

Post #9319754

Just wanted to let y'all know I'm sending my prayers to everyone in the path of Sandy. Y'all stay safe!
Hugs&blessings from me and Moses

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2012
1:30 AM

Post #9319795

Good morning
A quick check in before I hit the road.

Everyone stay safe!!!!!

Back later

Sandy and Andre

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 30, 2012
2:40 AM

Post #9319819

Hi guys! I hope you are all safe. Please check in when you can. Thinking of you.

Adina

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 30, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9319883

Morning! Just checking to see who is checking in.

Sure hope everyone is okay. Thinking about you all.

Got the bulbs planted yesterday. Today when it warms up I will go and do some cleanup and hopefully move the fish indoors and see if there are any frogs in there.

Supper last night was pretty good. Had some venison added carrots, celery and rice. In another pan I fried onions and mushrooms then added some almonds. Threw that in with the others and there was supper. DH asked why I made so much and I said it started out small.

Yesterday when I went outside I could hear DH on the 4 wheeler. I looked to see and there was Ty following him in his own fashion. Lift a leg here and there. Run a bit and stop and sniff. Lift again. DH doesn't look to see where he is just keeps driving. Then makes a comment on how Ty gets ahead of me. At least I know where he is. Guess DH does in his own way also.

Hope someone has posted. Hope all are okay. I know I said it before.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 30, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9319915

I am here, we had wind during the night and it is raining now, but everything fine here. However, there is snow to the north of us and to the east. Glad that white stuff isn't here.

Need to go to the bank and take some clean dish towels back to the community center.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 30, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9319932

Good Morning!

The power went off around 8:30pm so we just read our books for a bit by battery-powered light & went to bed. DH got the generator on this morning so we're good to go.

Was not an easy night - the winds just roared all night. Every now and again, the house would rattle 'til I though parts would come off. But no obvious damage from the inside at least.

I sure hope Loretta is safe.

Debbie - how are things your way?

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 30, 2012

Post #9319947

Tam glad to hear you are okay. Thank goodness for generators.

Still waiting to hear from Deb and Elsie. But have to find some breakfast and feed you know who.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 30, 2012
7:26 AM

Post #9320038

Tam, great to hear from you! The generator is a life savior!
I also hope the girls are OK. Can someone call them?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 30, 2012
7:50 AM

Post #9320077

Good morning,

Everything is fine here. From peeking out windows, everything looks great. Never lost power but Izzy did not like being down here alone with the wind.
The porch swing makes a horrible sound blowing (squeaky chains) so I ended up sleeping on the couch and her next to me. That mean I was covered in cats...head to toe! LOL

I was so zonked I never heard DD leave for work!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 30, 2012
8:11 AM

Post #9320110

I tried Loretta on both her cellphone & landline but neither call would go through.

The map of NJ for power outage is just about all red. Folks here are having trouble getting cell service - I lose service half the time and a friend who bought an AT&T cellular plan for her iPad can't get on line at all. So I'm hoping its just overloaded circuits and nothing worse. Will try again later and let you know if I can get through.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 30, 2012
8:19 AM

Post #9320121

My updates said 99% of NJ is without power and no one will be "up" for at least 8 days! My SIL said she can't reach her DH who is there working for Ohio Edison, it has to be the cell towers down.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 30, 2012
8:22 AM

Post #9320124

Oh good Debbie has checked in.

Now the wait for Elsie begins again. Was watching the news. Won't say more on that.

Tam thanks for trying to call her.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 30, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #9320154

I got her answering machine (I think its actually one of those services from the central office and not one physically in her home). So I was able to leave her a message.

If you check the power outage maps for Berks County, Pa you'll see I'm in one of the heaviest hit areas too. I talked to a few more folks around here and apparently we are unique in having internet. My old company is completely down. (I guess they get the day off that way!)

I talked to a business contact in Ottawa. He said they didn't get hit too badly there so I'm hoping Dianne is fine.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 30, 2012
8:55 AM

Post #9320156

We haven't heard from Dianne since she had her second dentist appointment last week...worrisome!

DH got a call from "headquarters" and their Rhode Island parent company got hit really hard as did the families. They are busy digging out.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 30, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9320165

Dianne must be hurting to not post.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 30, 2012
9:30 AM

Post #9320183

I forgot to say I did call Dianne too. Left her a VM on her landline. Cell service was out.
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 30, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9320206

Thanks Tam.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9320213

home tired and the old joints are telling me that they do not like the cold!!!!

s and a

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 30, 2012
11:03 AM

Post #9320247

Debbie, good to hear from you, uh! Stay inside and be safe!
Tam, thanks for trying to call Dianne and Elsie. I am so worried about them! They said it's going to Canada now. It's reassuring knowing what your bussines contat told you
My prayers are with you guys, hang in there!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 30, 2012
1:04 PM

Post #9320348

Just had our power turned back on - went out about midnight so it wasn't too bad. Hurrah for Ontario Hydro!!! On their Emergency Line we were not projected to get power for 24 - 48 hours so I was quite surprised. It was a roaring windy night here also. The cats buried themselves downstairs. Diesel came on the bed and Quill laid on the floor right beside me all night.

Another dentist appointment tomorrow that I am not looking forward to but it has to be done. The infection has crept back up again big time. Have had the dizzies quite badly this last week so haven't done much of anything. Coming online is torture but I wanted to check on everyone. Thanks for calling Tam, I just got your message now. I have Bell Answer so it is a central answering service and all messages get through but don't get to me until the power comes on. We are looking at possible power outages again tomorrow. Have the generator ready.

I missed our Bonnie's BD. Happy Birthday Bonnie!!

Elsie sending positive thoughts your way. It appears you got hit really hard.

Take care everyone!
Dianne

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 30, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9320354

Dianne sending strength and puppy kisses. Even tho you have a great puppy kisser there. Just glad to hear from you. One less to worry about.

I should get outside. Between puttering in the house and taking a nap and watching the news. I haven't gotten much done. Think I needed this day of rest.

Got a box cut on my finger a couple of days ago. Didn't even know I got it until I saw it later that night. It got infected. Have been treating that and it is looking better. Washing it out just wasn't quite enough.Nothing like Dianne's infection.

Sandy have you rested?

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 30, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9320396

Dianne, I'm so glad to see you posting! It seems you have a whole crew to take care of you!LOL Thank God you have power so we can keep in touch! I hope the pain goes away soon so you can feel better.Sending hugs!

Vicki, take care with that cut!

Sandy, I hope you are warm and rest well!

BonnieB, have the rain and wind stopped at your place yet? Stay safe!

Tomorrow is Cici's birthday and I'm all over my head in the kitchen baking cream puffs and a pumpkin pie.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 30, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9320429

I just got a phone call from Bonnie, she received a text message from Tammy. Tammy is out of power, telephone and internet. BUT they are fine and
not to worry...she just has no way to contact anyone.

Trees are down and storm still pouring.

Bonnie is going to try calling Elsie and let me know if she hears from her also

This message was edited Oct 30, 2012 6:15 PM

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 30, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9320432

OK, back again.

Bonnie got to talk to Elsie. She is FINE but no power and trees are down all around. She was able to go visit Rose and get warmed up. She said it is a total
disaster there but again, Elsie is FINE as is Chloe!

Safe travels home for Bonnie. She had to take her DM to I their home town in LA to visit ill cousin and are driving back again to Katy.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 30, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #9320455

Debbie thanks for the updates. Can just about stop worrying now. One more from another thread to hear from and all will be well.

So windy out there. Not like you guys have. But to be so far from it and be affected. Boggles the mind. Got a trailer full of dead plants cleaned up and I bet I can fill 3 more. So far behind on the weeds even though I preened twice. Gonna go and warm up and then make supper. Sauerkraut and sausage and mashed tators.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2012
3:25 PM

Post #9320460

here cold in joints. last night in upper 30's last night and will be for the next 3 nights, i am dreading the winter

s and a

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 30, 2012
3:59 PM

Post #9320495

Debbie, thanks for the update. What a relief! Send my love to Bonnie and the girls!
I'm almost done , so time to go to bed. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 30, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9320541

Glad to hear everyone is OK

Have my apt with the surgeon tomorrow morning [10am] ~~ I'm not sweating it, just want to hear options...

funny, or ironic... ever since my appointment on Friday -- that pressure in my throat is constant...
I did read the report on my ultrasound... my nodule is about the size of the entire right side / lobe... so it's pretty BIG.

Didn't know Bonnie was heading back to LA... that gal is amazing... dont know how she does it all.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 30, 2012
5:12 PM

Post #9320544

She has already been to LA...and they are on their way back home. The had an emergency call about her DM's cousin, and headed out. She has just got to be totally exhausted!!!

Will be there with you tomorrow at appointment...with Izzy and the crew!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 30, 2012
6:34 PM

Post #9320602

Good evening! It has been a pretty good day, althought the rain has been continuous. The wind has finally stopped though. I know we didn't have it near as bad as most of the people here. The moisture will just help DH in being able to put more tobacco down out of the barn and get it ready to strip.

I had to go out to the bank this morning, and to the community center, and then to the tax office. Gads had a mix up in property tax and needed to straighten that out. Will have to visit another county tax office tomorrow, as we own property in two counties. I made out the checks and put the wrong checks in the envelopes, Henry Co bill and Shelby Co check was sent to Henry Co, and Shelby Co bill and Henry Co check was sent to Shelby Co. We get a 2% discount if paid by Nov 1.

Terese, I will be there with you tomorrow, and Mr B and Casper say they are coming along. I sure hope that you are prepared to set a surgery date and get it over with, if the pressure is getting noticible.

I am hoping that elsie doesn't have damage to her house and yard. Those big pine trees around would really scare me.

Debbie, glad things there are okay. Did your DH get the leak in the roof fixed before this rain?

Dianne, I am so glad that your electric came back on. I am sure that you had plenty of company last night, and kisses aplenty. Sure hope the infection clears up soon, and that you are back to normal shortly.

Adina, so glad that everybody has been heard from and you can go to bed and sleep soundly tonight. Tell Cici "Happy Birthday" from me, and to eat a bigger piece of pumpkin pie, just for me!

Bonnie, I don't see how you can gad about all over the south like you do and still be able to not be dead on your feet. But if it was a sick relative, I knew you would be Johnny on the Spot. Now sit down and rest some and take care of you.

Tammy, glad that you are okay, even without electric. Funny how much we depend on it.

Vicki, sorry about your finger, hope that you can keep it taken care of and it doesn't get infected.

I am so mad. I got that new stove about 2 weeks ago, and didn't pay much attention to it, and tonight when I went to put sweet potatos in the oven (candid) kind, some of the liquid spilled out. I thought no problem I will just turn it on to "clean" when we are done with supper. Surprise for me, it doesn't have a self cleaning oven. That is what I get for letting DH rush me through the looking process. Told him that he gets to clean the oven, since it was his fault that I didn't notice it didn't have one. It looks just like my old one, and I guess I assumed that it did have. Now will have to look to see what products are on the market to clean ovens with. Haven't cleaned one in years.

DBIL had some improvement today. His kidneys acted on their own. He is still being kept sedated because everytime he starts to wake up, his blood pressure goes sky high. So they are sure that given time, they can get that under control.

I have another Dr appointment on the 21st, and at the rate I am going, I think I will be pretty well healed up by then. Still 2 sitz baths a day, and then the ointments etc. Sure is lots of trouble, but hope that the surgery will be the last of my problems. I am hoping for a 2013 to be a perfectly healthy year for me and my extended family.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2012

Post #9320835

Morning everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 31, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9320879

Good morning, it is pretty gloomy and dark here and throw in the chilly temps. However, that won't keep me from my appointed chores, grocery day you know! Stay safe, and will check in later.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012

Post #9321112

I started a new thread, we were WAY past due!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1286407/

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1286407/

This message was edited Oct 31, 2012 12:27 PM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America