How was your day? #363

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Welcome, drop in and lets talk
We came from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1285291/

This message was edited Oct 20, 2012 7:03 AM

Thumbnail by wren107
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Good morning, it is supposed to be clearing today and high in the mid 50's, but by Wednesday, up to 80. The church has planned a weiner roast on Wednesday, with a bon fire and everything, so guess we will look cute with our shorts and roasting weiners. Just kidding, no shorts for a church group.

Have to go to town to the Library and to the Dollar Store, then home to do some cooking for tomorrow's lunch.

Be Back later.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning! Had breakfast and coffee. DH is waiting for the fog to lift and then he is going to cut wood. Haven't looked at the weather but I will be getting outside in a bit.

Yesterday at work after cleaning up after the WORKER and the other girl came in I finally got to the truck. Then had to clean up that mess. Why does a person refuse to wear the needed glasses and to read tags? I keep telling her check the numbers on the tag!! then she got on the register right after the other girl under the wrong numbers. Screwed up her paperwork. If it wasn't so sad I could laugh!

Deb the vet told me that a kitty can come into heat as early as 4 months and this was a tiny one also. So we got her fixed before the boys. How you feeling today. Tell Jenna the glasses look good. I saw it on FB.

Elsie I am going to look for those raviolis and see if I can find them here.

In the mood for Lasagna but have to get the cheese to go with it.

Better get going for now. Back later.

Lyndonville, NY

Vicki, I will pass that onto her...I thought she looked adorable in them. She is having a fit, going to be 29 next week and now needs glasses to drive. lol We had a serious discussion that her 29th birthday will be the 1st 29th.....and the rest will be Anniversaries of the 29th birthday as I am not ready to have a 30 year old child!!!

Felt so good when I went to bed last night, but about 2:00 a.m. the sinus issue kicked back in....plugged up and coughing most of the night. My body is not as painful in the joints and such as it has been...so I think it is heading out.

Vicki, I just don't have the money to pay for her two cats to be spayed. It is hard enough the child being here, let alone paying for kitten shots...wait a couple weeks, then do the spay and more shots. Shelters are full, I have called.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

DEb I wasn't suggesting you get them spayed just what the vet told me as I didn't know that either. Try having a 35 year old!

Lyndonville, NY

Oh I know getting them spayed is the thing, not arguing.....but they won't touch them until they are up to date on their shots. AND I have to clean up another one of the child's messes after she was told NO. We had it out and told her to deal with them...didn't go well.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Got some bulbs planted. Just too chilly out there. Could dress warmer but only have an hour left for outside time. Wish the sun would pop out.

Deb so wish I had an easy solution for you!

Afternoon, I agree Vicki, it is chilly out there, and glad that there is nothing outside calling my name.

I am cooking. I just put on some great northern beans, and will have them tonight for supper. Fist batch of them for the winter. Just love them, but love bean soup and cornbread also. Since I am contemplating a diet, gonna splurge and have cornbread, fried potatoes some baked pears and gonna call it a meal.

Debbie, I hear you on the shots. It was a struggle to get Casper all the shots that he needed and still maintain all the others with food etc. DH says that since he enjoys hunting the cost of the dog food for his crew doesn't bother him, he just counts it entertainment expense.

Finished the church bulletins and as soon as my beans are ready to go in the oven, will stop awhile and take a wee nap. I have a hurting under my right shoulder blade and I am hoping that it has nothing to do with bronchitis, which last time turned into pneumonia. If it continues to hurt over the weekend, I will be at the Dr office bright and early Monday morning. Do not want a repeat of the pneumonia.

Vicki, I meant to tell you to tell Ty that if his Unhuh was that big, he needs to sign up to be a stud somewhere!

Lyndonville, NY

Oh those beans sound so so good! Do you put ham in your beans or bits of bacon? Gives it such good flavor. No one eats it here but me, so I might make it once every few years. The canned versions are just not good.

Laughing at your words to Vicki about Ty lol Poor boy!!!

DH and I went out and pulled up some things needed tended too before the snow flies, harvested some seeds and pulled of my frozen morning glories and garden growth...its already down to the dump.. Did what I could...but then the wind and rain started....so in I came.

Told DH about a low cost vaccine program at local Petco and also Pet Savers Plus. He said NO, they need vet exam also. SEE...he is worse than me with these animals. Came in earlier and he had the recliner chair up.....and there was Axl with Darla (not in heat) and he was giving her a bath. Sigh.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm home. Its glorious outside today so I'm here for a quick hello!
Tam

you know I for get to say good morning when I started the new thread. I am losing what is left of my mind.

sandy and andre

Yes, Debbie, these beans have chunks of a picnic ham in them. Haven't tasted them yet, but they sure do look good.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Howdy!

I had just an hour and a half before it got cold so I didn't get much done. Got a few maters for the chickens, hauled out a few more winter squash, 2 green peppers, cut a bunch of kale and brought in a bunch of dried beans. I really need to plant bulbs tomorrow. I just hope its as nice tomorrow as it was today.

Sounds like we've got a little extra nice weather than folks north & west of here!
Tam

Tammy, if not tomorrow then the first of the week for you. Our temps are going to be in the 70's and 80's next week. Our church has a weiner roast on Wednesday night, and we thought it would be cool weather, but it is supposed to be in the 80's that day. Guess we will go ahead with it, and not worry about what the weather is doing.

Not feeling too good tonight, feel like I am taking a cold, so I am heading to bed shortly and hope that I can avoid taking it.

Debbie, beans were good, had cornbread and fried potatoes. A good country meal, and it was filling.

Lyndonville, NY

I see a batch of beans in my future this week, along with cornbread. I have the makings for my chicken soup tomorrow.....but the beans are next!!

Please don't be getting a cold, you need to tuck yourself into bed and rest. This one is truly kicking my backside!!

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

BonnieB - you can't get a cold when the weather's turning so nice! And yes - I went to a Penzey's in Pitts a few years ago.

Debbie - it sounds like you are starting to kick that cold's backside now!

Loretta - did you fit in some of those naps you were thinking about for the weekend? :-)

Vicki- you'd think with the unemployment rate still pretty high that you'd be able to work with more competent people!

Sandy - I forgot to thank you for the new thread. Thank you.

Melva - were you able to calm the inflamation in your knee(s)?

Tam

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Knees are a lot better....they hurt a lot less and the left one doesn't seem to be swollen anymore.

Good morning everyone. Stayed up to after midnight to see the meteorite shower and saw only one and of course I wake up at my usual 6:50am time. Darn it.

waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Good MOrning!

Good progress with the knees Melva.

Sandy - sounds like a nap would be in order for today.

I plan to get into town for the Farmers Market - I want to get some asian pears and maybe a facoccia bread. And then plant some bulbs!

Tam

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning! I slept in until 6:45. I was really tired last night. Heck before that. Went to work tired! DS and DIL came out to get the Anniversary gift her dad sent them and stayed to visit. There went my planned nap. So was tired when I left.

The plan this morning is to have breakfast. Head outside and walk Ty. Hope it warms up a bit and plant bulbs. The soil is really nice under the grass I have placed in some areas. Lots of worm activity also. Will surely do that again next year even if it does add weed seed. Still want to get some leaves for a few areas.

Tam you could come and plant my bulbs there aren't that many. Maybe 60. Not near what I had last year. Hope you find everything you want at the market.

Sandy also a big thank you for the new thread. One METEOR! Hate to laugh but one slipped out!

BonnieB thanks for the mention of bean soup. Reminds me I need to get Barley. Thought I had some and couldn't find any. When I made the chick peas and chicken I wanted to add Barley but used brown rice instead. Still turned out pretty good. Or maybe it was the cornbread? We really need to borrow MrB and set him to hunting here. Plenty of moles and Chipmunks and voles for him to catch.

Better get going for now. Might be back!

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

I love corn bread but rarely make it. Vicki - sorry but I don't think I'll have time to help w/your bulbs. I have a lot more than 60 to plant myself (I think I bought around 400 this year). I'm forcing a bunch of bulbs for the Phila flower show so have to pot them up and get them in the refrigerator (perhaps another 250-300bulbs).

This coming week, I'm meeting my Dad & DS & DBIL for dinner at Shady Maple (the Smorgesbord in Lancaster County) Wed night and then driving in to stay at Dad's place Fri. I'll make us all dinner for Fri night and then head out early to pick up 300+lbs of beef to split up with my friends. Sat night we'll meet a couple for dinner and then Cirque De Soleil in Reading (a city about 30min from us). So will be busy driving all over in just a few days.

Tam

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Is today Bonnie's birthday? When did DG stop posting that???

Happy Birthday Bonnie!!!!

Tam

Lyndonville, NY

Tam, I think it is next Sunday. Her birthday is the day after my Jeanna's birthday.

I didn't wake up until 10:00!!! I am usually up and kicking by 7:00, but am just wiped out. The house was quiet as DH left for the Buffalo Bills game and DD went to work....so I stayed fast asleep with the kitty brigade.

Need to get moving....Izzy is out basking in a sunbeam.

Debbie

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Sounds like you needed the extra sleep Debbie. Thanks for the correct date. There were no birthdays today - not even an empty box. Did they stop the birthday list on the homepage?

I got maybe 100bulbs planted. But I did put together terariums for the bog plants I bought in Pitts, planted up a trough and put more amendments in the new rock garden area. Oh so much to do!

Tam

Lyndonville, NY

I know they still do the birthday wishes on the birthday forum....but I don't usually pay attention to the other one.

You are VERY energetic getting 100 bulbs in. I got my soup made, hate the taste....so think it is my cold throwing things off.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Tammy, you do such lovely work. I got so little done outside - it's pitiful.

Debbie, I hope you are starting to feel better.

Watched the news today about McGovern. First presidental election I voted in. I even worked for his campaign.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Can you imagine how different things would have been if he had beaten Nixon?

My roast turned out really good. I threw in radishes & their greens, turnips w/their greens, carrots, onion & all different colors of potatoes. Very good. :-)

I forgot to say - I gave a friend 3 of my hens. We need to get the 2 roosters from this summer's chicks to the butcher soon too.

Winding down for the night. I hope you all have a nice evening!
Tam

Oh, it was so beautiful here today. After we got home from church, DH had a birthday party for one of his neighbors when he was growing up, she turned 100 today, and then he went to visit his DB in the hospital. The one who had open heart surgery, then had to go back to have a pace maker put in, was once again taken to the hospital yesterday afternoon late. He is retaining fluid around his heart and lungs, and they are addressing that problem, but they also discovered that his heart is not pumping properly. So gonna do some more tests tomorrow.

Well while he was gone I went out to our woods and cut small branches to use as weiner roast implements for our weiner roast on Wednesday. I trimmed them, sharpened them, and have them in water soaking.

This week is gonna be so busy, the weiner roast on Wednesday night, then our fish fry on Saturday. I thought I had someone lined up to work in my place, but I hear by the way of the grapevine that may not work out. So may have to work, and then on Sunday, I am preaching at another local church, and so will do that Sunday morning, eat dinner, then go pick up the fish fry cookers and clean up that mess. Early Monday morning, we are leaving for northern Ohio for a little get away for a few days. So if clothes get washed and packed, it will have to be on Thursday or Friday! Whew, I made myself tired just telling you what I need to do.

I felt fine this morning when I got up, so the extra zinc in the Ziacam and the rest I got really thwarted what I thought was a cold. No problems today, so may have just been extra tired and needed the extra rest.

DH let me sleep 45 minutes longer this morning, and as a result, I had to really hurry to get showered and dressed for church.

Tammy, do you live in Lancaster County PA? Several years ago DH and I and my DTS and DBIL vacationed there. We really enjoyed it.

Elsie, I will join you in just reading about what everybody is doing outside, as I have done squat this fall. Well the whole year, seems like I have been sick, or recovering from something. Maybe next year will be a lot better year!

I got a rough draft of my sermon written tonight, so will have to type it, and give it a run through to see if there are any spots that need some extra attention.

Going to bed shortly, as it will probably be a busy day tomorrow.

Good morning everyone, trying to get my tired, sore, stiff body moving, remind me not to stand around outside at midnight taking pictures of the starts!!!! And no I did not see any meteorites.

Sandy and Andre

fast moving clouds and starts

Thumbnail by wren107
Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Good Morning!

Sandy - I love that you live with such gusto! You'll see some spectacular meteorites on another night.

BonnieB - now are we gonna have to come there and tie your hands behind your back? You need to find someone to help with that fish fry. No way should you be doing all that work so soon after your surgery. Sounds like you're working to keep the very busy week ahead as sane as possible by getting your sermon prepared.

Tam

Good morning, it is overcast here, guess the sun is sleeping in, as there is no mention of rain in our forecast.

Tammy, no please don't tie my hands behind my back, it would make it really difficult to do anything at all, oh, that is the reason for it isn't it?

I am verifying that rumor this morning, and if it turns out that she is not helping, I will go in search of someone else to help. See gotta use my hands for dialing the phone.

Gonna try to do some cleaning or straightening and some laundry today before my 1:30 beauty shop appointment where I will get the works. Color, cut and style. I am long overdue.

Lyndonville, NY

Good morning,

Can't stay awake.....call the couch if you need me.

Debbie

DARN IT. Get to the gym and the parking lot was full, forget there was a health fair today. Turned around and came home

Sandy and Andre

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Sandy that is a PIA!!

I stayed home from work today - it was supposed to be such a nice day I decided to call in a vacation day. I hope I have some left. I got a late start on some errands and now there is no sun left in the back yard. Oh well.

I tried some spinach raviolis with tomato sauce last night - very good. I think some raviolis in tomato soup would be yummy. I went to pick up some more raviolis but the sale is over. I will have to keep my eye out. The refrigerator ones were $1.99 last week and they are $4.00 this week. The frozen ones were 88 cents and this week they are $2.98.

I'm almost done with a cowl I am knitting. It needs buttons. I cannot find the container full of the thousands of buttons I have. I guess I really need to organize a whole lot more.

Well, my day went fast. I did some cleaning/straightening of the house, and then off to the beauty shop for the "works". Got color, highlights, cut and had my eyebrows waxed. Looks spiffy if I do say so myself.

Elsie, your taking a vacation day sure brings back memories. I didn't do it often, (call in that is) but it felt like I was doing something naughty when I did call in. I had 185 employees, and I usually scheduled my days off so that my assistant would be there and hope that things ran smoothly.

Sandy, did you know about the special event at the pool? If you did and forgot, that is a PITA. Hope that you get to go tomorrow.

I guess I will run some errands tomorrow. We are doing "Christmas Child" at our church. This is where we buy supplies from a list and they are packed in boxes and shipped overseas so children can have a small Christmas. I haven't bought anything, and need to now get it all at one time.

Then make sure that I have everything for the weiner roast being held at church on Wednesday, then Wednesday is grocery day. Will be a bit longer, as I have to get supplies for the fish fry.

Bet you all will be glad when our fish fry is over so you won't have to hear about it!

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Loretta - that sounds like they were counting on you getting hooked. :-) Funny about the tomato soup. I'm reading Penny Marshall's autobiography. She said her favorite meal as a kid was speghetti in tomato soup. Apparently even better if warmed up the next day in a frying pan.

I had forget about the notice we received. The old brain is skipping a few cells

Going to call it a early night

Good night everyone

sandy and a dreaming Andre. Silly dog

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Tammy, I am looking at greenhouses....what kind is yours? how large is it? Bonnie B. was it you that got a greenhouse? Phil wants me to look for one larger than 8x8...even larger than that but larger is more $

Melva mine is 8x12, and didn't accommodate half of what seeds I wanted to start. Go bigger, even if it is more $$

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Will post more tomorrow as today was an extremely busy and I can't say exciting but different day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.