Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Insect and Spider Identification: What insect lay these eggs?

Communities > Forums > Insect and Spider Identification
bookmark
Forum: Insect and Spider IdentificationReplies: 2, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LAS14
Albany, ME
(Zone 4b)

October 21, 2012
2:53 PM

Post #9311461

These eggs have cropped up on a hibiscus. One to three eggs on several leaves. The egg is a little smaller than the head of a pin and seems to be attached by two little protuberances at opposite ends. I haven't yet seen a bug that seems related, although the plant did have a bad case of aphids on its buds. I cut them all off.

TIA
LAS

p.s. I originally posted this in Pests and Diseases. I was unaware of this forum until someone there suggested I post it here. I believe there's a sanction against double posting, but I think I made a mistake with the first posting.

Thumbnail by LAS14   Thumbnail by LAS14
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Flapdoodle
Minot, ND

October 21, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9311488

The images are not clear enough to be certain, but these look more like dead aphids (maybe parasitized) than eggs...
LAS14
Albany, ME
(Zone 4b)

October 21, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9311661

Well, that would make sense, given the invasion of aphids I found on the buds.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Insect and Spider Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Tiny Red Critters Angel 26 Apr 26, 2014 7:18 AM
SOLVED: Do you know what kind of Spider this is? dignbloom 55 Aug 18, 2012 4:36 PM
SOLVED: green caterpillar xox_kitkat_xox 4 Jan 24, 2010 9:05 PM
SOLVED: Name this insect? Dinu 16 Oct 19, 2008 2:54 PM
SOLVED: Red Spider about the diameter of a penny gardenwife 24 Oct 10, 2009 10:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America