Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Decorated Pot Swap REVEALS & Discussion

Mount Pleasant, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm moving us here since everyone has their names now. :)

We came from:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280664/

This message was edited Oct 22, 2012 1:16 PM

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Watching to see what the pots look like!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

ME TOO What a great day I Just had to play outside but rain is moving in so i will locked into the house so i can play on my Planter
to my buddy :) back tomorrow

Just wanted to say I Hope to have my Pot of Goodies ready to go out by friday HOPFULLY :)))

I have my clay pots, just need to get them finished and dried!

I'm still painting! Should be dry enough to do more work on it tonight. So far my nosy kitties have left it alone. Though my craft bin is in unusual disarray & one of them is now sparkly. Pretty sure she's not a vampire cat.

well fall is on the way such a nice day but the wind Has really picked up got all the hoses put away . But feeling pretty bad this evening
think i have a temp so going to go lay back I hope to have mine ready to mail out On MONDAY .
GN all

Cutlerville, MI

Susie,
I hope you're not getting sick! I sromise I had been on antibiotics for 3 full days before I came to visit you! Get better soon!

I got it Going back to bed . later all

Aww Susie I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully all you need is a good nights sleep.

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

It's a blustery day here in central North Carolina but I've managed to get a 2nd coat of water seal on my pot. I'm really excited about who I'm decorating for because the match is perfect. I can't wait for the 'fun' part to begin!

How are everyones pots coming along? I think I'm going to need every second I can spare up to the mail date! Did some more detail work tonight when I got home. Waiting on some drying time so I can add some more touches before bed. I went with straight paint work & am painting a scene on the pot. My paint skills aren't OMG fantastic but I love doing it. I hope my buddy likes it. The background is a color they mentioned as a preferred color so fingers crossed. :) Going to scount goodies to add into the pot & look for a box this week. Probably Thurs. Just 1 more week to the mail date. You can mail anytime the week of the 5th I don't expect everyone to rush the postoffice. :)

Still working on mine, hope they dry enough to pack for shipping.

I Have mine Packed & Ready to go out but not sure if i should mail out till after all the storms are over with . there are so many Planes, trains, Buses, fedx, ups, usps, delays all over the country side . going to keep watch . will send CONF if it goes out.

Hamburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm in storm area...and I can't work on mine today because we are staying out of town for 2 days. Forgive me if mine is delayed in shipping. I think it will be dry and ready to pack by the week of the 5th :-)

Don't worry Kim, your safety is number 1!

OK since the entire east coast is turning into a disaster. Partially perpetuated my the media fanning the flames of panic. Partially because of this storm which I am taking seriously just not losing my head over I am pushing back the mailing date. Some people have had to move to safer ground (wise decision) plus there will be backlog from the post services having to shut down. Mail out week is being moved 1 week forward. The week of Nov 12 will be our new mail by week. Earlier is fine. :)
Kim stay safe that's most important. I'm glad you have somewhere to wait out the storm. :)
I'm going to go coax my kids to get to bed. I can hear the wind speeding up out there. :) I wonder if we'll get any thunder.
In any event I'm going to sleep great. I always do when it storms. :)

Hamburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Well storm is over and hopefully will be going home tomorrow...So many roads back to my house are closed. My son stayed behind and said this is the only damage in the yard. He took a pic with his phone.

It's over...yayyy!

Thumbnail by Kim_M

Glad to hear that is all the damage you had! That is a huge tree!

Hamburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks! it fell away from the house...some that are down in the area are really big! This one is only about 12-15 feet.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1285105/

Christmas stocking swap interest. Come and check it out!

Susie:
Your partner d-mailed me & your pot has been received. :) Hope she makes it over soon to share your masterpiece. :)

How are everyone elses pots going? I should have the rest of my detail work finished this weekend. Then I'll give the sealer coats a day or two to dry. I should be able to mail out by Fri. :) As long as everything dries by then.
Heather

Mine are dry, and packed, going out tomorrow!

Hamburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Mine should be done and dried within 5 days :-)

:) Looks like we're all clicking right along then :).

Please d-mail me when your packages go out.

Somehow I ended up with Sunday off. That means I have an entire day off. So I'll be able to get all the detail work finished up then. Just sealer coats after that. I've really enjoyed working on this.

My box went out yesterday, and as soon as I cut my angel trumpets back this year, I will send cuttings to my partner.

WOW WOW WOW Wait till you see my goodies in the mail today from MZZZZZZZZ MITTSY :)))) Way way cool.

1st off Mittsy I Thought you had sent me the BULBS for Alicia In the Bulb exchange :) DUmmy me Forgetting about this pot exchange
So I Really & Truly was Thrilled after Sweeping up tiny shreaded Papers :) HEHE to find all these goodies ,Thank you so much for sharing with me .
these little towels are Treasure & are going to be framed for my walls LOVE LOVE LOVE Then . Did You make them ?? & as for the Planter just my Style & The AMARYLLIS "APPLE BLOSSOM" is already planted & Sitting next to another UnKnown amaryllis Bulb That I Have.
& as for The Recipe cards they will come in handy for the goodies i plan to send out in the xmas swap :)
OH & I'm Still using the Coffee cup pad you sent with my Name on it :) for my house warming Gift , You just Know how
to Put a smile on my face :) TY SO Much

Now I Guess I can put my Groceries away :)) & get my super I'll keep watch for all the other Planters :)))
& Ty To Our HOSTESS :)))) this was fun :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

OH GOODNESS! Look at the goodies you got! Love those towels, and that pot is gorgeous! GREAT job Mittsy!

Wow mittsy! Beautiful job! Love the colors. Yay! I'm so excited that everyone is having fun & I love seeing whats flying to new homes. :)

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Now for the big Reveal of my newest treasures! Susie (DeeJay9) sent me this beautiful personalized pot set, which has another wide saucer underneath for me to surround the base with succulents. As if the pot weren't perfect on its own, she included a rooted plumeria!!! Susie also tucked a few crochet booklets into a sweet project bag. Since I've joined the DG community, I'm getting back to my crafty ways so I'm looking forward to brushing up on my crochet work. I have truly enjoyed meeting new friends and look forward to seeing all of the other creations. My pot is still in the sticker-sticking stage, but will be ready by the deadline, promise!

Thumbnail by lanakila Thumbnail by lanakila Thumbnail by lanakila
Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

my pot is waiting for the sealant to dry, then decorating stage & it should be ready to mail this week...I just need to find goodies to stuff in it for my buddy. ;)

Wow Susie! Beautiful work. :) Love it.

I'm Just very happy that nothing got broken in the shipping of it :) & I would like to see Blooms on your plumeria Please when you get it to bloom I Hope to see Blooms on mine some day :)

Great job Susie!

ty LK
& Thank you to our Hostess for the nice " thank you magnet " very nice ty also for a nice swap :)
its on my frig :)))

Thumbnail by deejay9

You're welcome. There are 4 diff. magnets that went with that display. I have ty cards & that little goodie for everyone. I'll be sending them out as the packages go out to their destinations. :) This is the 1st swap I've hosted so I wanted to say thanks to you all for making it a success. :)

TY LK Now to do one for myself :)) Hope to have lots of Colorful pots for spring time :)))

Hamburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Today I received 2 beautiful Pots from taters55 (Linda Kay)!! The smaller one has 2 beautiful Angels on both sides :-) They are both deeply appreciated and I will treasure them always.

Thanks,
Kim

Thumbnail by Kim_M Thumbnail by Kim_M Thumbnail by Kim_M Thumbnail by Kim_M

Glad to see they are not broken! As soon as we get cold weather, I will cut back my angel trumpets, and send you some cuttings!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Susie, I just found this thread and I am so glad that the pot was received unbroken and that you liked the tea towels I made and the Amaryllis bulb. This has been a fun swap. I've been thinking of doing a few for myself with flamingoes on them. If I do I'll be sure to post so you can see them. I have rediscovered Mod Podge and really like it. I hope it will work as well on fabric as it does on tissue paper.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.