Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mosaics and Stained Glass: Terracotta pot restoration!

Communities > Forums > Mosaics and Stained Glass
bookmark
Forum: Mosaics and Stained GlassReplies: 8, Views: 97
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

October 24, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #9314266

This message was edited Oct 24, 2012 5:01 PM

Refer to the thread below - couldn't get the photo in this one!

This message was edited Oct 24, 2012 5:11 PM
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

October 24, 2012
2:10 PM

Post #9314271

Post #9314260
Post #9314266
Dear Bev,

The original pot was a roughly glazed terracotta "dragon" pot - a $25 Reject Shop find back in the 1980's (like a $2 shop) - after 20 years, it was faded and rough around the edges so I decided to clean it up. Which is where my passion for mosaics began really, upcycling, repurposing! Using broken plates, which would have gone to land fill!

This gives you an example of how the mosaic pot colours can enhance the plant!

Of course not everyone is into mosaics - but it can be catching!

Love your opinion! Regards, Di

Thumbnail by biddy52
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

October 30, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #9320651

Biddy, that pot is precious and doesn't interfere with the plant at all . . . kinda brings attention to it! Thank you for posting the pic!

I have a few mosaic projects started (2 tables and a counter top), but are now buried under smaller projects. I want to use the same color pieces (tiles, broken ceramics, etc) in hopes of a consistent theme in the yard and patio. One of these days I'll get them finished, maybe with a few pots to match. I hope they all turn out as well as your pots. Thanks for the inspiration!
--
Bev
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

October 31, 2012
1:59 PM

Post #9321301

Sundownr wrote:Biddy, that pot is precious and doesn't interfere with the plant at all . . . kinda brings attention to it! Thank you for posting the pic!

I have a few mosaic projects started (2 tables and a counter top), but are now buried under smaller projects. I want to use the same color pieces (tiles, broken ceramics, etc) in hopes of a consistent theme in the yard and patio. One of these days I'll get them finished, maybe with a few pots to match. I hope they all turn out as well as your pots. Thanks for the inspiration!
--
Bev

Thank you Bev- good luck with it. I preferred that plant to what I have in it now. We moved back from Qld to Vic about 12 months ago and I lost a lot of my plants in the process! The good thing is what lived are looking good now! Thank goodness for photo's!

You really get hooked don't you? I have no sooner completed something when the mind is off on another tangent! It really is helping me mentally and although a strain physically, I find I still "have to" achieve the goal! I am toying with submitting for an exhibition - a bit scary for me - but I think I need to push and get out of my comfort zone - I have time - as it will not be until 2013 - time will tell!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

October 31, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9321513

Biddy, you don't have a thing to lose by submitting your goodies for exhibits! You may also get orders to make custom pieces!
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

November 1, 2012
1:05 PM

Post #9322086

Sundownr wrote:Biddy, you don't have a thing to lose by submitting your goodies for exhibits! You may also get orders to make custom pieces!

Thank you for your encouragement - it is much appreciated! Let you know what transpires!
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

December 25, 2013
9:31 AM

Post #9734178

I'll take it and where did you get the fish , I want that too .
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

May 27, 2014
10:49 PM

Post #9851140

[quote="digger9083"]

Sorry digger9083, I haven't been on for a while - I think you mean the iron fish? It is a candle holder - the candle goes inside - it belongs to one of my girls, not sure where she got it, but I love it too!
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

May 28, 2014
6:57 AM

Post #9851342

Love to see more . Don't stay away so long .

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Mosaics and Stained Glass Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I'm trying stained glass mosaics without grout! luckygardnr 14 Aug 23, 2012 3:05 PM
How is your shop set up? SandiTX 26 Aug 3, 2009 4:15 AM
Show us all your bowling balls! luckygardnr 272 Aug 9, 2014 2:11 PM
A Demonstration: Breaking Properties of Tempered Glass scooterbug 10 Aug 28, 2007 4:50 AM
Glass painting Vee8ch 3 Dec 12, 2007 3:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America