TOOOO many UFOs and not enough time! (2)

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

We were over the 200 mark... any one getting some projects finished? We'd love to see more complete

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

binding almost finished on the present runner...tree wall hanging next in line...

I posted on last thread while you were creating this one

I work 40 + hours a week, I don't do laundry, and I don't cook. rarely watch television...sew instead... I have two days off each week, at least one of them is spent cutting material, and / sewing / quilting.

I work more than they do, so hubs and son do the laundry and the cooking..I am very blessed to live with two fantastic men, and they both love to reap the benefits!! not only am I a much happier person when I have been spending time sewing, but I make them great things!! sew...it works out well for all of us ^_^

I've been working on my Halloween wall hanging... the big question is, will it get hung in 2012 at all??? LOL

I'm seriously thinking of finsihing the edges, not quilting before Halloween and hanging it incomplete just so I can see it on the wall!! I forgot and left my basting spray outside and it was too cold to use this evening. *sigh* maybe tomorrow morning at 4Am when once again I can not sleep!!! Get it ready to hang then.

I have 2 more baby quilts that need to be sewn. ONe, the baby was born today! I picked up more sports theme fabric this evening when we drove to Moses Lake to shop at Fashion Bug. They are going out of business and I bought a black jacket and 3 tops for $81. Everything was at least 40% off. I'm excited, I dropped another size.

Whooo Hoooo Doc !!

Victoria Harbour, ON

pat, how are you doing it, sure need to drop pounds, not over eating but they seem to just find my bones and stay..

Working on a top, bringing it to work and top will likely be ready for quilting this weekend. Must check the weather, much to do outside before the snow but should it rain I'll be able to quilt it.

Would live to see the halloween piece!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Well, I finally got the courage to look at my list. As suspected, nothing on that list finished but being closer to moving into my sewing area is. Does that count?

Victoria Harbour, ON

sure does..another step closer

Looked at my blackboard in my craft room, saw quite a few things crossed off and still some remaining..
I'm on a mission now, looking to cross over a few more!

I made an optomistic list at the beginning of the area and let's just say... it was OVERLY optomistic!!

Then I am in wonderful company for sure!!!!!

Hooray for GREAT company !! I'd be very lost without all of you :)

...so would I.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Why does my list keep growing when I feel like I've done so much??? All the things I listed in the what are you getting done area and NOT ONE of what was on my list!!!!!

Barb, you must also be in the quilters with ADHD club??!!! do a little work on this...go do a little work on that...oh I know how this will go...need something new to do...yup QADHD....

I don't even want to try to count how many projects I have going right now !!!!

Maybe that's what I did wrong Thunder. I should not have counted them!!!!! I'll keep plugging sway and enjoy every minute of it!

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

I guess I am joining the club.
Living betw. 2 places is unsettling for me. So now I start this (baby blanket) than designed a new crochet stitch I saw an afghan while visiting and wanted to duplicate that stitch. Couldn' but something else came of it. So now I have an afghan going. Christmas wall hanging. moved it here, didn't finish, shipped it back to FL with my car, but now with this monster storm coming who knows if I can fly home on Wed. as booked. Another Quilt on design wall in Fl. Dresden top near finished, here I must not abandon it.(very tempted) .do have an embroidery project on ice. Well that is'nt bad.

Helene, I sure hope you are able to return to Florida but the weather just isn't looking all that great for the middle of the week.

I can relate to living between 2 places....I feel like that sometimes when I travel between here and my sister's home. I like "constant" where my living arrangements are concerned.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Helene, good luck getting out. Hopefully your flight will be okay. We re driving down on Wednesday. I have lived between two homes, most weeks, for over twenty years. Getting out of bed on the wrong side can have serious consequences.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

TU,
I too had very few years with only one home. We lived in queens and had summer/weekend residents on Candlewood Lake CT. then one home for a while, then Longboat Key Fl and Brewster NY for vacation and then 6/6. ( had to get rid of 2000 (yes) AV's) I raised for show, that was OUCH Now I am alone and stayed 2 years in FL and that was cozy and worked nice with all my hobbies. But this past year I decided to do 6/6 with LBK FL and Tweskbury NJ.Had to get rid of orchids and 50 AV's and many Eppies, clivias and hoyas another OUCH.
So now I am flying back Storm permitting.

New twist in my life however, DD, who I stay with, has to move and work in Tx as of next year, we have to see what to do with Helene.

The world of technology brings famalies apart.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Helene - do you know where in TX? I have been to some FABULOUS quilt shops around San Antonio the past couple days. Have seen fabrics I've never seen before. I am SO inspired to use those I've purchased.

Yesterday I used Sherry's ProStitcher to quilt the baby quilt. We found this adorable pattern with fairies - dresses made from 2 upside down hearts - carrying a bouquet of heart shaped flowers. So adorable.

At one of the 1st shops they had holiday shirts. Back starts with a holiday panel. The yoke is a coordinating fabric. Then each side of the front is split horizontally randomly & made with other holiday fabrics. So we collected fabrics & yesterday bought a shirt pattern (Sherry does not make clothes so no pattern on hand). Last nite I got her shirt cut out & the fronts put back together. Hope to finish her shirt today & get started on mine.
I've told her she will start getting one for every season!!!!

Anyway, having a great time in TX.

Robin, if you are following this thread, hope you guys make it thru the storm that is approaching.

Keeping all those in the path of these storms in my thoughts and prayers.

Baby sat the oldest GD yesterday and what a fabulous time we had. Usually she is very quiet when the youngest is around but oh what a change! It was just really extra special time.

Oh Jean, sounds like you are having so much fun. Can't wait to see a picture of the shirts.....fantastic idea.

Jean, Looking forward to pictures of the holiday shirts, they sound great!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

What are you doing in Texas Jean? You are about 3 hours from me.

Came down for the Houston Quilt Show. My friend has me over here in Victoria for a few days.
Anyone tried "Locker Hooking"??? She got me hooked yesterday. Great way to use up 1 1/4" strips of left over fabrics.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Never heard of it, but looked it up on youtube, looks interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2iQwz-JesM

That is very interesting....okay so this to learn to do #1,289!! :-)

I have blocks from the numerous swaps we did here. Just never found the "perfect" fabric to tie them together. I will put them all to a very good use tomorrow. I'm taking them with me to the "Sandy Donation Quilting Session". So all of you that were in any of these swaps will be donating your blocks to this effort. I'll make sure to get pics.

Rainy morning here & the Pumpkin Spice coffee is hitting the spot!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

How very special..
They will be treasures before you know it!

Jean, there is no one in this area who is doing that. Could your group use some more blocks?

Marion - let me see how this goes tomorrow (1st meeting). I'll ask the shop owner if she would like more blocks.

Thanks Jean. I so wish there was some place up here. I am using up my odd and ends of yarn and doing scarves. Another thread I check regularly has asked for scarves, hats, mittens and slippers. At least I can do that......can't stand to watch TV without doing something with my hands!

I'm like that too Marion. Been working on some hats and scarves at night....

I have never done hats but scarves are easy. At least I feel like I am doing something even if it is a small drop in the bucket.

Marion, lots of small drops quickly add up to a full bucket....

Hats off to all of you for doing a Drop !!!!

Thanks Thunder. I have very dear friends whose children are in the NJ area and several nieces and nephews in the NY, Conn. area so I will do my drop! Not to many who are on DG who might benefit from this effort.

Brain and fingers not working together. Then what else is new? LOL

This message was edited Nov 15, 2012 12:35 PM

I have edited my list, very Happy to say I have gotten a few things done ^_^ and of course added some more

I have tons of RWB blocks to put together into a few quilts.

a quilt for # 3 son, that was done as a quilt as you go, that needs borders added...it sat too long and now he has a bigger bed. done ^_^

quilts for Malena's bunk beds...want to make 2, with the charms from the swaps, one top about 2/3 rds done change in plans here, going to do a "hungry caterpillar" before doing any more work on the butterfly quilts decided to finish charms quilt ^_^ done starting caterpillar soon

black and white with a touch of color blocks from swaps, top is about 2/3 rds together...

set of place mats, cut and pieced, needs backing picked out and then quilted..

a few different wall hangings that need to be quilted, along with a few table toppers, that need backs then quilting... ^_^ two runners finished, one wall hanging done :)

Now have to add
Christmas tree wall hangings (2) one done ^_^
pink and white table topper
pink, and black and white quilt
very large Dresden....needs backing in a hurry!!!
smaller Dresden needs backing sewn on...hope to do this one Monday morning, and get it to the PO with the charm squares done ^_^

I put the large dresden aside, and finished the smaller one. I am still not sure how I want to do the back side for the large one, may just do more "blades" in one or two colors?? I want to keep it round.

edited to post some done !!

This message was edited May 8, 2013 8:41 AM

Thumbnail by barefootT
Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all..

Wow Thunder, you've accomplished a lot..don't you feel you are tied to the sewing machine room..nice place to be..Was shocked to see but a few bolts left on the shelves ..hard to stock up for next year..

Clock is a ticking, am sure you will accomplish remaining projects..

Couldn't sleep all night, over tired comes to mind....lol

I've got to quilt

2nd large dreden plate DONE

Christmas tree quilt will be a christmas 2013 gift..will quilt in the new year!

Pressie quilt Keeping for myself..can be done next year when the slow is a blowing and I'm looking for something to do

Mixed block quilt DONE

Christmas runner DONE

Binding on 6 placemats..thought DIL how to make 2 sets, not ready to hand sew bindings yet, promised to help her..1 set done) DONE

Only piece I need is the Dresden plate table cloth,and do binding on placemats.. the rest would just a bonus and they would have no home to go to..

Have 2 weeks left so am sure I will get them done..

Thing is, i received the twister template yesterday and a few patterns to boot, now to play..DID PLAY..MANAGED TO DO A LARGE BLOCK INLAY..love it!

If I sewed a few blocks together for each the cut out tree hanging and tree wreath could I call them UFO's??

Off to wrap more fits from Buffalo travels Friday/Saturday, get dusting done (oooh all those dg workshop cutting projects let dust filter through cutting room via furnace, then can stay in my Jammie's all day and play..can life get better than that

This message was edited Dec 10, 2012 2:47 PM

No it can't Betty. Have a fun day!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

my pressies

Thrilled (if it works) that I won't have to keep grabbing for my foot pedal

You sewing to day Barb?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

After we put up the tree I may do a bit. I'm curious about the Twister. Is there a web site shown on the package? And you must let me know if the pedal holder works too. Mine just takes off on me and that might be a suggestion for Christmas....

Barb - a piece of that mesh like" shelf paper" or the stuff you put under throw rugs works to hold the foot pedal in place.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.