Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Vegetables: Indoor gardening

Communities > Forums > Beginner Vegetables
bookmark
Forum: Beginner VegetablesReplies: 2, Views: 60
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
prettygurl

October 25, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9314863

Do you grow any vegetables inside? I have a few set up in front of windows. I also use grow lights.
Easybake
Arlington, TX

October 25, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9315357

Window + Grow lights usually gives enough light.
only thing is temperature regulation.plants usually like temps a bit warmer then people do.

carberyfields
Lebanon, CT

February 24, 2013
10:57 AM

Post #9429881

Prettygurl, this year we created a plant room in our basement with LED light because we miss the taste of real fresh tomatoes so much in the winter (I am in CT). I found that the tomatoes love the lights and am getting fruit but some plants find them too intense. I moved them out from under the lights and they are doing better. Parsley likes the light, but cilantro doesn't. The room has water and a fan and vents to circulate the air with the rest of the basement. I am hoping to have enough tomatoes next year to share! Seems this gardening thing is always a learning experience and nothing beats practice. Good luck I will be interested to hear how you do.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Vegetables Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Vegetables forum! dave 24 Mar 24, 2013 6:54 PM
Tomato problems jkehl 40 Oct 15, 2010 1:06 PM
starting a vegie garden wilflower 28 May 24, 2012 2:38 PM
Nasturtiums and squash? Terry 41 Mar 24, 2007 8:07 PM
Bees Please jkehl 95 Apr 7, 2013 7:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America