Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Can we add BICYCLING?

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Where did your bike take you lately?
Mine took me to a rejuvenated Pilgrim land purchase from the Massasoit Indians in 1649.
Autumn colors are evident.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

That's a gorgeous picture!! I haven't ridden my bike for several months. A friend and I rode a trail that is along a creek but then the heat set in and she has to work more now so no bike rides lately. Your picture makes me miss it though!!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi, Pepper. I'm trying to get in as many rides as I can before winter sets in.
This bike was my older sisters. It's mine now & I LOVE it. I've lost 8% of my weight and 2 belt notches while riding over a thousand miles this season.
Here it is at our city park yesterday. Frankenstorm will strip most of the trees.
Andy P

That pciture belongs in a calendar.

My goal for next year is to hop on my bike more often. I don't need to lose weight but I do need to gain muscle tone big time. Riding my bike is perfect for that. I have an old Murray that is steel gray in color. I've had it for almost 20 year now. Only bad thing about it is the seat is hard as a rock so not comforable to sit on. lol. Otherwise I love it.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

It took a few 5 mile rides to realize I needed padded cycling shorts. They eliminate chaffing too.
My seat is padded and on a spring loaded stem to absorb the bumps.
Look around for a softer seat but be sure to get cycling shorts, they make a big difference.
Doctors promote cycling because it builds 'core strength'. It's not like walking the dog or gardening. It's a real cardio & lung workout.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh, Andy! That first photo is beautiful, but the second is breathtaking. I hope you did okay in the storm and I hope that area is still as beautiful as it was when you were there last month.

Wow! Over a thousand miles! I don't even have a bike anymore, but when I did, I had a gel seat and I wore the cycling shorts. They help a lot. Now I have a trike. It is more for just getting me and my photography gear around, not so much for exercise. I ride really slowly, but I do feel it in my legs the next day, so I guess it does help some for leg muscle toning. The trike is great for carrying a lot of gear and I can just jump off and take photos and not worry about it falling over.

1. This was at a State Park (Brazos Bend) near my home. I put the trike in the back of the truck, drove to the park, unloaded the trike, filled it full of photography gear and started peddling. No post processing on this one.

2. Same park - shot for HDR and tonemapped in Photoshop

Thumbnail by P_Edens Thumbnail by P_Edens
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Cool. A friend just this week mentioned he's looking at a trike to take him fishing. He's near Cape Cod where lots of trails run near the better fishing spots where cars can't go.
Keep riding. It's getting cold up here, the riding season is about over.
Andy P

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow, it's been a year since I've visited here.
Not much interest in cycling, sad it's rewarding.
SO I'll ask again. Is anyone riding a bike?
Last week at the park.
Andy P

I wish I was riding mine. I got it out last year and rode about 5 miles on a trail with a friend but the heat set in before we could get out again. This year we've just been busy. A shame too cause I wanted to take a weekend and bike the Katy Trail.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.