Photo by Melody

Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric: Thanks again!

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape FabricReplies: 0, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

October 29, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9318708

Another great article, Paul.
I love reading about your research and experience and thinking about my own research and experience. You are right on in re. to the tags on plants. This also applies to conflicting information on websites and, of course, in catalogs.
Even within the same neighborhood one gardener's experience with a particular plant may vary drastically from another's and micro climates also come into play.
For instance, I have Mexican petunia (tall ruellia http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/38204/#b)
growing up against the south wall of my brick home--the warmest part of my yard. The tag, the research I did, and the owner of a local nursery all said ruellia is not be perennial here. However, in the micro climate in which it is growing it has been very happy (read rampant) for several years.
A friend recently asked for some ruellia to plant out in an open, exposed area unprotected from north wind. I very much doubt that it will survive its first winter, but she wants to try. Since she has sandy soil, and mine is clay, it will be an interesting experiment.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Geotextiles cooked 1 Oct 30, 2012 2:03 PM
Yes marti001 2 Oct 29, 2012 1:20 PM
It ain't necessarily so. dahlmarye 3 Nov 3, 2012 1:27 AM
Reason I quit using landscape fabric beachbum8 1 Oct 30, 2012 3:53 AM
AgreeNO to landscape cloth hsl2000 1 Jan 2, 2013 10:19 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America