Photo by Melody

Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric: Yes

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape FabricReplies: 2, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
5:36 AM

Post #9318728

I agree with your assessment of weed barrier cloth. AND I learned it the hard way. I used it for my walkway and than covered it with gravel. Now I have weeds growing all over my walk way and am having trouble getting them pulled as they have grown thru the cloth. So now I'm back to weed spray and I'll just be very careful where I spray it. As a disabled person, getting down on the ground to pull weeds is a no-no and impossible to do.
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

October 29, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9319044

I did the same thing. Bought a house where the fabric was torn up, rocks were covered with weeds coming through the fabric and rock. I wrecked on thumb digging up this mess, cleaning the rock with a bucket and hose, sieving the dirt from the weeds and fabric. Then, like an idiot put it all back fresh. In three spots. Yup, you got it. In a few years I was almost back to square one. I thought I could control it. Maybe if I had sprayed it with weed control each year it would have worked. I replaced it with sidewalk, grass and flower beds. The beds are much easier to control and the weeds don't grow in the concrete or asphalt. At least not many.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
1:20 PM

Post #9319291

I hate landscape fabric. It just provides the weeds that eventually root in it good protection when you try to pull them.

Tam

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Geotextiles cooked 1 Oct 30, 2012 2:03 PM
Thanks again! jazzy1okc 0 Oct 29, 2012 5:13 AM
It ain't necessarily so. dahlmarye 3 Nov 3, 2012 1:27 AM
Reason I quit using landscape fabric beachbum8 1 Oct 30, 2012 3:53 AM
AgreeNO to landscape cloth hsl2000 1 Jan 2, 2013 10:19 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America