Photo by Melody

Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to grow: Cutting Spaghetti Squash made easy

Communities > Forums > Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to grow
bookmark
Forum: Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to growReplies: 4, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2012
8:43 AM

Post #9318939

Once you get the idea it is easy (er) lol
http://youtu.be/sD-4E_woLz0

nom nom nom
scoots
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

October 29, 2012
9:32 AM

Post #9319004

We had a funny season this year. It was really cold, I planted very late, in the lower garden so I would not have to fight so many weeds with the vine crops -- then it came a drought.

I had to replant all my vine crops several times over from seeds not sprouting.

I became confussed about what I had and what I did not!

--- I ended up with 1000s of spaghetti squash. We eat about two a year at the most!

I boxed up about 600 and took them to the food bank.
They still kept producing, and I finally threw them over the fence to the cows. The poor dears loved them, and would run up to the fence every time they saw me in the garden - eyeing me with hopeful looks in those big brown eyes!

Thanks scooter bug for the U tube. Maybe we might eat more than two a year from now on.
scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2012
9:57 AM

Post #9319035

OMGoddess that is almost too funny depending on which side of the squash patch you are standing. hahahahahhaa

I am just glad there is a Winter type squash that is not sweet like most of the Winter (storage) cultivars.

Extra heat from baking is appreciated in the house when it is cold out.
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

October 29, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9319442

My side of the vine garden that I am standing on must be called the tired side because I felt on the tired side after all those spaghetti squashessssss.
scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #9319509

:o)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to grow Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Can you plant the seeds? bolino 6 Feb 2, 2010 11:52 PM
spaghetti squash article joeswife 14 Oct 29, 2012 4:37 PM
Cutting Spaghetti Squash Vavoom 7 Oct 29, 2012 2:21 AM
wow... thanks Catrscr 1 Feb 2, 2010 2:09 AM
Quick meal Gardennot 2 Oct 29, 2012 8:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America