Photo by Melody

Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric: Reason I quit using landscape fabric

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape FabricReplies: 3, Views: 71
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
beachbum8
Palm Coast, FL

October 29, 2012
9:39 AM

Post #9319013

I tried using geotextile as a weed barrier on very windy sites with shredded bark mulch on top. The mulch would not hold in place, eventually blowing off the bed. With mulch applied directly to the soil, the mulch held in place with very little displacement. Also, if you don't do a real good job of pinning down the fabric, wind will pick it up and move it around.
StStevan
Eagle, ID

October 30, 2012
3:53 AM

Post #9319847

I have had real success with putting the weed barrier down and then covering it with light purple
colored rock. None of it is exposed to sunlight. The bed has been weed free for 5 years now and looks real nice. I have three large copper containers sitting on the top as it is in front of my picture windows. I put a Rose in the middle one and Dahlias in the other two. Another use for Weed Control Fabric is to line the bottom of planters with it. It keeps the soil in and yet drains and breathes well!!
bwwind
Weifang
China

August 23, 2014
2:54 AM

Post #9924366

I have three large copper containers sitting on the top as it is in front of my picture windows. I put a Rose in the middle one and Dahlias in the other two. Another use for Weed Control Fabric is to line the bottom of planters with it. It keeps the soil in and yet drains and breathes well!!
This is very helpful to us.weed control fabric
bwwind
Weifang
China

August 23, 2014
2:55 AM

Post #9924367

Sorry, just lost the website of weed control fabric:http://www.bulksacks.com

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Geotextiles cooked 1 Oct 30, 2012 2:03 PM
Thanks again! jazzy1okc 0 Oct 29, 2012 5:13 AM
Yes marti001 2 Oct 29, 2012 1:20 PM
It ain't necessarily so. dahlmarye 3 Nov 3, 2012 1:27 AM
AgreeNO to landscape cloth hsl2000 1 Jan 2, 2013 10:19 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America