cinemike

cinemike
CREZIERES
France
(Zone 8a)

October 29, 2012
10:32 AM

Post #9319065

Last year I made a rock garden, but I didn't have many plants, so when the weeds came both annual and rhizomatous perennials, I was able to control them, to some extent, with glyphosate, but this autumn has been very wet and the whole area is awash with tiny - mainly chickweed and groundsel - seedlings and I don't know how to extricate them from the surrounding plants... Also it is a bit late for glyphosate treatment.

Can anybody help???

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
10:42 AM

Post #9319076

I think you just need to pull them. There is an herbicide the kills just grass but wouldn't work with your weeds from the sounds of it. You might have to dig out the plants you want and remove/spray the weeds if its really bad. You could also sprinkle corn gluten meal in the spring & again in the fall to stop the seeds from germinating.

I'm fighting crown vetch - I'd cleared the area before planting. It took a few years of glyphosate & hand pulling but I thought I was successful. Now 5 years after planting I'm seeing some larger clumps coming in. I just spent a few hours pulling those yesterday but the roots are so deep and the area so rocky I know I didn't get them all.

Thanks
Tam

cinemike

cinemike
CREZIERES
France
(Zone 8a)

November 5, 2012
2:18 AM

Post #9324972

Thanks...
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 28, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9368894

Tammy, CV is a wonderful mulch - I purposely grew it, back in Missouri, to conserve water and keep weeds under control. Many states use it as a means of controlling weeds and preventing soil erosion along roads - wish it would grow here!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9368902

I would pay thousands of dollars to rid my property of it!!!!

Tam

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Invasive Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. dodecatheon 79 Mar 2, 2008 2:12 AM
Ampelopsis brevipedunculata 'Elegans' Invasive. snapple45 19 Dec 10, 2008 2:12 AM
Nutsedge, sedge, etc. - questions & comment Dea 20 Nov 12, 2009 2:32 AM
Wild onions. escambiaguy 19 May 6, 2009 8:05 PM
Wisteria judycooksey 97 Jun 8, 2007 5:32 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America