Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Blue Clock Vine, a Favorite Thunbergia: eliminate this vine???

Communities > Forums > Article: Blue Clock Vine, a Favorite Thunbergia
bookmark
Forum: Article: Blue Clock Vine, a Favorite ThunbergiaReplies: 2, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ticovandal
Quepos
Costa Rica

October 29, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9319117

I live here on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica, central america. This vine is running wild and I can not seem to stop it. It will overtake anything it comes upon and soon kills whatever it touches. Does anybody have any idea how to kill this plant. Currently I have 2 stems coming from 1 root, each about 1.5" diameter. I cut them about 1 meter above ground and have been feeding them: started with Roundup and it seemed to act as fertilizer, now I have 1 stem in Deisel fuel and the other in Paraquat. So far it does not seem to be affecting the stems. Any advice will be much appreciated!!
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9320001

It just goes to show that plants that are invasive in one part of the world are not invasive in other parts. This is one of my favorite perennials, so I have no experience in eliminating it.
Best,
Marie
Ticovandal
Quepos
Costa Rica

November 5, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9325197

Thanks for your reply. The darn vine is still shotting out runners as fast as I can cut them back...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Blue Clock Vine, a Favorite Thunbergia Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wish for it here but CLScott 3 Aug 20, 2012 11:08 AM
Cuttings? Carolalayne 1 Aug 20, 2012 11:04 AM
No Luck With It LeslieT 1 Aug 20, 2012 11:06 AM
I love my Thunbergia!! bariolio 0 Sep 7, 2012 9:35 AM
King's Mantle Bush jgonzalez5203 1 Sep 19, 2013 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America