Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

2012 5 inch charm swap, continuing... (2)

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Part 2!!

Mittsy has updated her address for those that need it. If you can't access, please contact her directly or me.
Sew Sassee has asked we hold off mailing her's for a bit.

How it works: Each person on the list will send out Nine 5" x 5" blocks to each person on the list and receive Nine blocks back. Use 100% cotton fabric only please. Each block should be different unless the member states that duplicates are alright. I would like to make this economical enough that EVERYONE will be able to particpate. PLEASE state your choice for your charms with an alternative. My hope is that everyone who wants will be able to particpate and not make a special trip to purchase fabric.
"Christmas - traditional red and green with Valentine red/white/pink also OK"
"Snowmen if possible, but winter prints in blue, silver or white... " You get the idea?
Deadline is December 1st. I know that is SOON.

1. Psychw2: (Pat) Christmas or winter prints in Red/ White / Blue or combination OR CATS or dogs in any colors OR Bright orange/ yellow/ pinks. (Repeats or all one ok too)
2.Mittsy: Harvest theme or fall colors, leaves are fine, no Halloween. Solids or prints
3.Bettypause: Black/white
4.siliolegma: (Karen) Christmas
5.Taters55 (Linda): Blue and white
6.BarefootT (Thunder): Any Christmas... but Snowmen are her favorite! (repeats or all one OK)
7.Catbird423( Robin): Brights of all sorts.
8 Abbisgranma (Marion) blues, whites, pinks, lavenders or green.
9. Quilter5bdsr (Barb) I'd like ALL nine squares of the SAME fabric in blue!!!
10.Lanikila (Lanikila!) Any colors, prefers small prints.
11. Gardenglory (Pam) Pinks and reds with green and white. All one fabric is just fine. If using scraps, some blender fabrics in those colors
12 SewSassee (Bev) Christmas or Winter Theme.

CLOSED! THANKs quilters for your rapid response.

PLEASE reread this first Post for updates or any changes.
New thread, over 200...

Dad has been cleared by the MD to go home, he's getting dressed, I'm giving him some privacy.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2012 9:38 PM

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I just got beautiful squares from Barb and Bev, thanks so much for the beautiful fabric!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I got mine from Barb as well. Thanks so much. Yours wont be far behind.

I dont know who is probably happier to get out of the hospital, you or your Dad. Good news for him.

Does anyone here have any Barbie doll clothes patterns? My son's fiance is looking for some for her daughter's barbies.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

So happy for your Dad Pat. Thanks for the new thread.....
Glad to hear the blocks I mailed are arriving....

This message was edited Oct 29, 2012 6:17 PM

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you Barb, I got your blocks today.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I also have received charms from Bev and Barb, thank you. I have tomorrow off due to Sandy, can cut charms even if I have no power.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I also received package from Barb!! Thank you :)

I used to have Barbie doll patterns, unfortunately not anymore. I'll check with my Sis. I used to make a full wardrobe every year for several Barbies and donate them. I miss that!

Sounds like tedious work, sewing all those tiny seams and turning them right side out? Let me know if you can find any please?

There a BUNCH of easy short cuts on the clothes that are this small. This is a project I used to really love. I'll send an email to my Sis and see if she has any of the patterns and let you know if any get unearthed.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'll ask my Aunt Muriel and June to see if they stil have them, if so I'll include them in the box I'm shipping out to you..will let you know if they are included.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I think I still have some, Linda. I'll let you know.

Thanks so much everyone! Please let me know how much to send you, to include postage!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Received squares from Bev and Barb yesterday. Beautiful pieces and will be wonderful with the project I have in mind.

Here's my lovely charms from Barb, love the fall colors. Thanks again.

Thumbnail by mittsy

I stuffed my envelopes and they should go out tomorrow with the exception of Bev who has asked we hold off. I hope everyone likes the selection cut for each of you.
Pat

I mailed my packets out on Monday....except Bev, Pat and Thunder. Pat and Thunder's will go out today.
Love the squares I am receiving.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I should be home in a week or so, I'll send mine out then.

No hurry here Karen. Unless there is a change in Mom, I will be leaving next week to go back down south. Plans are to take her back to where she lived with my sister. She is so exhausted from this last UTI that we do have our concerns whether or not she can actually stand the hour ride each way. It is something she has requested and Hospice is helping us arrange this. Funny, because they wouldn't let me take Ross back to the house for a while before he passed. I guess each location is different.

Things have changed a great deal concerning our older years Marion. Sometimes think the hospitals and nursing homes allow this so the patients won't come back and they would no longer be responsible for them. Just my opinion.....

Actually Barb, we are only taking her home for a couple of hours......no way my sister and I can care for her. Things weren't so good today but we are proceeding with out plans. I did talk with a nurse at the nursing home and she too is concerned now that mom is starting to slip. Her body just is worn out from the constant UTI (only about 10 days now between episodes). She is calling me tomorrow as there is some concern I might need to go down sooner than planned (Tuesday..next week) She even expressed some concerns whether or not mom will make it to the 10 but did say "it is out of our hands now". So it is one day at a time for us. Of course, she could rally as she has done in the past but it is getting harder and harder each time.

Praying that HE will keep her comfortable!

Marion, your family is in my prayers. Sending gentle hugs.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sending prayers Marion with those before me..

Just got a call as well at 5:30 this morning to say my MIL is in critical condition...

Had posted on Oct. thread but it really should have here as I've beenusing 5" x 5" blocks..will check computer and look for a few star patterns to add to the upper sides of the tree then hopefully quilt it this weekend and have another treasure for under the tree

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Keeping you and your family in my prayers Marion. Praying your Mom comfortable and that your travels are safe ones....

Sending prayers for your MIL Betty!

Love that quilt!

Thanks everyone. I don't mean to sound crass but she could only fight these infections so long before her ability to "bounce" back was possible. Waiting to hear from the nursing home today about how she is doing. I was told she has reacted similar in the past and that today she could be some better.

Betty, hope you receive better news about your MIL. Why does everything happen this time of year?

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Marion, I recieved your charms yesterday, you are more than generous! Thank you so much, I love them.

My prayers go out to all who are hurting, may your pain lessen and life porceed as He deeds it should.

Glad you received them Robin. Surprised to say the least considering all that has happened in your area.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Brrr have micro heater on in the office..guess Mall doesn't have the heat up as yet!

Cut all my scraps on the weekend into 5x5 charms, brought all that I had (past swaps) into the office today to occupy me, sewing them into blocks of 4..next step will be trying to be creative with them..no sense having them in a drawer, making something is better than nothing!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Hugs and prayers Marion, and Betty

Marion, I got your charms as well as the dresden plate yesterday! Thanks so much! Love the colors!

Just got my call from the nursing home (good to get to know the nurses personally) and was told mom is a little better today. Her color is still not really good and she says she is extremely tired but over all feels a little better. Sue (sister) is on her way in to spend the day with her so will get a full update tonight. So for now I am not planning to leave until the first of the week...always subject to change.

Glad to hear the good news Marion!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Great news Marion..

Victoria Harbour, ON

well, sewed 50 blocks, took an 8" square template and cut them down somewhat..now watching a movie, trying to decide if I shall work with the squares or just sit and rest..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I really like your quilt Betty! The presents really did add to overall look, really pretty.

Marion, I sure didn't think you sounded crass at all. I'm relieved to hear your mom is doing better.

My Dad was back into the MD yesterday, they said the problem with his nose (sore & red) strep or impentago (misspell). Not good news either way.

Saying a prayer Pat for your Dad. Hope it turns out to be something small...

Pat, I hope your Dad gets well soon. Problems with the nose can be miserable at best.

Talked with my sister earlier and she said Mom just wasn't wanting to eat today. She said she is just to tired but Sue finally got her to eat her soup and drink some milk. Will talk with her tonight when she gets back home and get all info from the day. Her memory is definitely failing now which is so strange to have to deal with.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.