Photo by Melody

Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric: AgreeNO to landscape cloth

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape FabricReplies: 1, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
hsl2000
Rochester, MN

October 29, 2012
1:53 PM

Post #9319337

Having gone through the experience of pulling out totally ineffective landscape cloth in two different homes in two different states, I can't emphasize enough how much I dislike its use. Thanks for providing warning to anyone who might be considering it for any area around their yards.
ratlover1
Rising Sun, IN

January 2, 2013
10:19 AM

Post #9373193

I also dislike landscape fabric. We spent a great deal of time pulling it out from in front of our house after we moved in a few years ago. It was degraded despite a good 2 or 3 inches of gravel on top of it, and there were plenty of weeds that managed to grow on top of it and through it. It was just an ugly mess. Once we got rid of the old fabric and moved all that gravel (a very UNfun job as you can imagine!) we now have a nice spot full of lavender, peppermint and small shrubs. Granted, I have to fight some weeds, but once the peppermint takes over, there won't be any weeds. I'd rather cut and pull the mint to keep it under control--at least it goes to good use in tea, etcetera!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Myths Busted: Sun+Water, Nursery Tags and Landscape Fabric Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Geotextiles cooked 1 Oct 30, 2012 2:03 PM
Thanks again! jazzy1okc 0 Oct 29, 2012 5:13 AM
Yes marti001 2 Oct 29, 2012 1:20 PM
It ain't necessarily so. dahlmarye 3 Nov 3, 2012 1:27 AM
Reason I quit using landscape fabric beachbum8 1 Oct 30, 2012 3:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America