Thailand Vacation

Port Chester, NY

Koh Tao Island, also known as Turtle Island is situated approximately 45 km from Koh Phangan. It is called Turtle Island because it used to be a breeding site for the sea turtles many years ago.Koh Tao is one of the best islands Thailand to visit. It includes some popular diving spots like Shark Island, Green Rock, Hin Pee Wee, and Ao Leuk.Koh Tao Resort provides you with best accommodation facilities with and lavish outlook.
http://www.kohtaoheights.co.uk

Virginia Beach, VA

I just saw this and it is gorgeous!! the only place I had been in Thailand is a 3 days stay in Bangkok which we enjoyed. shopping was spectacular and my favorite was the floating market.

Belle

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

I recently saw an investigative TV program on the unexplained deaths of a number of tourists in Thailand and Vietnam - young, healthy people who go to bed in hotels and never wake up. No proper autopsies have been done, so the cause is unknown, but the top 2 possible culprits are heavy applications of bed-bug pesticides or a respiratory virus circulating in the hotels' dirty A/C. Also, be aware that DEET insecticide is added to some cocktails in Thailand - so if you're alergic to DEET, watch out.

Virginia Beach, VA

I missed that !! I will post again after golf.

Belle

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

Belle, the program was presented by CBC on Canadian TV, and so you may not have seen it south of the border. However, if you Google something like "Thailand vacation deaths", various news links come up. It appears that Thai authorities have tried to sweep the problem under the carpet, afraid that bad publicity will drive tourists away. Their fear is understandable, as many of their coastal towns depend completely on tourism. I'm not saying, "Don't go to Thailand", I just think that anyone who goes to that part of the world should know the risks so they can take appropriate precautions for their health and safety - such as not ordering dubious mixed drinks, and airing-out the hotel room before sleeping in it.

Virginia Beach, VA

June,
i will google it and thank you.

Belle

Virginia Beach, VA

I read some of the deaths and it is very scary. Some of my friends had vacationed in Thailand last year and they were very pleased with the shopping.

Belle

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

I have a friend who spends the winter months traveling alone around south-east Asia. She likes to start her trips in Bangkok because it has good transport connections. This winter she flew to Bangkok, spent a few days in the outskirts of the city at a cheap B&B, then flew to Nepal. There, she stayed a week in Kathmandu, then traveled to a smaller city, hired a guide and did some hiking, then back to Kathmandu, and flew via Bangkok to Penang in Malaysia, where she is at the moment. She's 70, half-blind, and frail from osteoporosis, but she's like the Energizer bunny - just keeps on going! In previous years she has traveled around in Thailand by local bus or train and not had any problems, although she didn't stay at the busy beach resorts.

Virginia Beach, VA

Wow!!! I wish i have that energy!!!!

She has a lot of guts traveling by herself.I know it is not for me.

Belle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.