Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Recipes: petite artichokes - not marinated - what to do with it?

Communities > Forums > Recipes
bookmark
Forum: RecipesReplies: 3, Views: 46
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Janiejoy
Silver Lake, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 30, 2012
12:53 PM

Post #9320337

We bought a big huge jar of petite artichoke hearts but they are in water - not marinated. What can I make with these?
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 30, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #9320456

I've never had them from a jar where they weren't marinated. I've purchased them frozen and not marinated. I like to push the leaves out a bit and fill the creases with freshly minced garlic and a little salt in olive oil. Then I grate a healthy amount of fresh parmesan over and in the leave creases and then sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs. They get baked until the crumbs and cheese take on a toasted color. They are good warm to room temperature or can be saved and eaten cold. You can also replace the water with extra virgin olive oil, whole garlic, thyme or oregano, salt, peppercorns, and hot chilies if you like. Let them marinate at least a week and use as your own marinate. Save the now flavored artichoke oil for salad dressings. Use the cloves and peppercorns crushed. If you are wild about artichokes (I am) try a vegetable escabeche with artichokes, carrots, red onion, green beans, sweet peppers, etc.. There are a number of online recipes.
PamelaQ
Navarre, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2012
8:47 AM

Post #9327861

You can make pasta salad and add them to that, or heat them and remove from water and serve with melted butter with a splash of lemon juice to dip them in before eating. I love them both ways! :)
PamelaQ
Navarre, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2012
9:07 AM

Post #9327875

Pasta Salad

box of rotini pasta cooked, drained and cooled off (I like the colored pasta for this)
Zesty Italian Dressing (add half bottle and mix, taste and add more if desired)
small can of sliced black olives (drained)
small can of sliced mushrooms (drained)
cherry tomatoes (handful or so)
mozzerella cheese (I dice a few mozzerella balls)
red onion sliced (if you like red onion, add it)
artichokes (marinated or not, halved or quartered)
roasted red peppers in jar (cut up a couple or more if you like)

This is a recipe we use, it can vary according to what you like. You could add raw broccolli or cauliflower or carrots... it is just a salad!! :)

This message was edited Nov 8, 2012 12:40 PM

This message was edited Nov 8, 2012 12:44 PM

This message was edited Nov 8, 2012 12:47 PM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America