Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Pets: How was your day? #364

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 205, Views: 1,063
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
9:26 AM

Post #9321110

Started a new thread...

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1285291/

Come on in and have a chat, tells us about your day. All are welcome, bring your furbabies too!!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 31, 2012
9:44 AM

Post #9321125

Huck doesn't look to pleased to be moved!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9321128

He was upset because I wanted my blanket back. He didn't want to move at all. This is his "I am ignoring you insignificant human" look

I should have posted one of these two...he looks almost sociable. Ok, no he doesn't. He has been miserable lately.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 31, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9321186

I'm back on line! We still are on generator but its been so painful w/o phones (I could get out an occasional text msg on my cell phone but even that was barely working. Cell service is still poor.

I took a quick drive around the neighborhood. A barn down the road was skinned - the siding and roof on one side are ripped off (it was metal). A house just down the road from that barn has a huge tree right in the middle of it. Its a gorgeous only stone home. There's a car with a tree on top of it and lots and lots of huge trees laying on the ground, roots ripped right up. We were really lucky!

Last night Gary shut up the barn (earlier than normal). I went out to collect eggs and a rooster got out. So I went back later to put him in a stall and found a hen sitting outside. Good thing I went back to collect eggs & that the rooster flew out!

I spent the morning potting up the bulbs I got for the Phila Flower Show. I will be forcing them to bloom and they had to get planted. So the phones & internet being out gave me some much needed time for that job.

BonnieB - so glad ot hear the good news about your DBIL! Not such good news about the oven though.

Adina - happy birthday to Cici!

Debbie & Bonnie - thanks for relaying the messages!

Sandy - thanks for the new thread and I think you are going to need to change your name. (just kidding!)

And thank you to all who were concerned about us.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
11:22 AM

Post #9321206

Tam, so glad you are back and basically all is well. Glad no one was hurt, and in time all can be fixed. They say tonight and tomorrow we are supposed to get the tail end of the storm...so probably the rain and such you had.

Dreary here. I have two bags of candy for tonight and don't know how many we will get. We have gone out the last couple years as it had been so slow...and last year I was till in a wheelchair and not dealing well.

Stay safe! Elsie told Bonnie she probably wouldn't have power back til at least Friday...I would say Monday from what my BIL has told SIL. He said never seen anything like it and so much needs replaced from "step 1" than just fixing a wire here and there.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 31, 2012
11:33 AM

Post #9321212

I sure hope you don't get the rain we did Debbie! It was almost 4" on Mon alone. Today its grey and overcast but misty at most. They say we may see the sun tomorrow.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2012
12:31 PM

Post #9321239

Tam Not going to change name and I did not start the new thread. LOL

s and a

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 31, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9321270

Oops. Sorry Debbie. Thanks for starting the new thread! I am wondering if we have exhaust from the generator getting into the house. I have a headache & feel tired. Going to check if we have a working carbon monoxide detector!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9321278

Tam, that is scary! Definitely check that out.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 31, 2012
2:19 PM

Post #9321318

We don't have one. Gary is fine. But I'm gonna buy one ASAP. (We had one but I think it broke or something. I don't remember why we don't have it anymore).

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #9321319

Is it possible to open a window to get a cross flow of air, and put a fan on?

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 31, 2012
2:24 PM

Post #9321328

I doubt its the generator. It is outside. And all our windows are closed. And Gary is fine. But will get the detector to be sure. Tonight.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
3:06 PM

Post #9321356

Tam, we have had 3 incidents of that Carbon poisoning over 22 years...don't take a chance.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 31, 2012
4:18 PM

Post #9321410

OK. We got a carbon monoxide detector and its says 0. I'll take it up to my office next. But looks like it was just the stress of this situation. It did feel good to get something done today.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
4:28 PM

Post #9321418

You know, peace of mind having that in the house will help.

Trick or treating almost done. We have had almost 50 kids. When we first moved here, we would get between 300 & 350. Non stop form 6 to 8:00.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2012
4:58 PM

Post #9321444

had less than 10 kids

S and A

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #9321454

We finished off with 67 kids. BIG change. Thankfully I only bought two bags of candy and there is not much left. Each kid got a tootsie pop and a sweet tart/laffy taffy/rot your teeth candy.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 31, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9321494

they cancelled halloween in NJ. None came by here. Glad we didn't get candy! I've just been craving chocolate. I think its the stress of this situation, which is just nothing compared to what so many of you go through!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9321514

I had a tootsie pop...bit the darn thing to get the chocolate in the middle! lol Tam, you are and have dealt with quite a bit of stress. I am glad you were home during all this, and not in California! You really would have been upset then not knowing.

Do you have some hot chocolate??? I think I might go for a mug!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2012
6:27 PM

Post #9321517

I hear some more kids out there but just could not sit out side any longer

Tam I think you should get some chocolate. We went 10 days with out power and it is no fun.

Going to get me some hot chocolate. Debbie twisted my arm

sandy and andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
6:51 PM

Post #9321535

I was so upset, Usually for Halloween I get apple cider and donuts. Well, the apples were a bad crop this year because of a frost during blooming.

Apple cider was almost $8.00 for a gallon!!! Normally we might pay $3.50 ...never over $4.00 We got nothing!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9321568

On the way back from my appointment, Dh had us stop at Sam's ... $150 later, plus 3 huge bags of candy...
I felt Trick or Treaters were light this year... have about half left over.
We found our Sam's had finished their remodeling ... guess i had not been there in a while... they also added a gas station, where it was 3.22 a gallon, our corner Mobile is 3.65 ... so huge savings. I'll leave my sams card for the kids so they can get their gas there too.

Also bought two roasted chickens... i love their chickens... I de-boned it all, that's in the frig... crock potted a huge beef roast, that is also in the frig... will make gravy tomorrow.

So -- the Doc appointment... tomorrow I will set my surgery date ... In talking with the surgeon, she said that basically when a 'nodule' - goiter is larger than 4mm, they suggest to remove it. she was saying that it is not currently urgent, but assumes it will continue to grow. The way I see it... my deductible is paid for this year, so why not get it done before the end of the year, as we leave about the 7-9th of Jan 2013. She was saying I could get in within 2 weeks.

We also decided to take the whole thing, not just half - as she feels the gland is only functioning at about 10-15% and I'll be on thyroid meds regardless... and if i only removed half, the other half could still get nodules, which also means continued ultrasounds, biopsies and possibly another surgery down the road. Dh also thought it was a good idea to do it all now too.

BTW - all the furkids were very well behaved... thanks for being there.

Tam -- holy cow, seems your area got hit pretty hard... thankfully your place was safe.
I know when i feel stressed and want chocolate... I also know i can't have it, as once i start eating some -- i can't stop. Stay strong.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 31, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9321580

Good evening. Debbie, you just stirred up my anger at looking at the cider in the store today, and not finding any that was not pasturized. What they sell here is apple juice not cider. And dang it I wanted cider.

Tammy so glad that you checked out that Carbon Monoxide. That stuff scares me. I have one and when the time changes, I always check it, and put new batteries in it. When our house was built they put in an electric smoke detector/alarm. Well, duh, if it is a serious fire, the electric is gonna be off and the smoke detector will not work. We have them in the hallway by all the bedrooms. Hope you get your power back on soon.

Terese, what did the surgeon say today? Did I get there in time?

Bonnie, sure hope that you are home and rested up and can get here to tell us a bit about your road trip.

Sandy, you sat outside for the trick or treaters? You wouldn't have done that here!

We had two trick or treaters. We are pretty rural here, and the two that came were great nieces of DH. It was funny before they left, I took their picture and showed it to them while it was still on the camera. The youngest one said, that isn't me. That is scary. I had to take her to the bathroom to look in the mirror, as her DGM had painted her face, instead of having a mask, and she didn't recognize herself in the picture. I didn't buy candy, as I usually keep the fun size bars here for DH, and he had 4 candy bars, and I added a dollar bill to each of their pumpkins. They were pleased. And that was our Halloween night activity. We lead such an exciting life here.

It took me several hours today to finish chores and go to the grocery. I had to get really firm with a CVS pharmacy in order for them to contact another of their stores and transfer some prescriptions that DH's doctor's office had sent to the wrong place. It took a good while, but I finally came home with his prescriptions.

Hope Elsie isn't too uncomfortable without power. I don't know what the temps are but hope that she is keeping warm in her house. Days of chilly conditions like that can certainly make you sick.

Off to check some other threads.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9321589

BonnieB -- the surgeon recommended removing the whole gland. I'll set up the date tomorrow.
Yes, you all got their in time. Thanks...

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 31, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9321592

Terese, Glad to hear you are home safe and "only" a two week wait to get that over with. I think you made the right decision on taking it all if it isn't producing anyway. That IS a big saving on gas. We are around $3.99 here still. I don't go anywhere unless I really have too.

BonnieB, we use CVS and they are usually really good about all that stuff. We actually have THREE different CVS we go between because of DD living in Lockport, the one closer to us at home...and one for night time next to doctors office. They are pretty good helping. When DD had to go to Urgent care last week...the Lockport CVS actually faxed the script to Brockport for us so she could come home and not wait an hour for them to fill it...and DH picked up on way home.

I am worried about Elsie too. Temps are dropping and they are rationing gas there. SO if she does have a generator...lines are HUGE for filling tanks and cans. Limit is only $20 worth of gas they said on the news.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #9321740

morning everyone

bonnieb no danger sitting out side. we have a fenced in yard, on a busy street and andre is out with me.
we have never had any problem with the older kids but was not able to stay out side long enough this time.
did hear more "kids" out there

waving at everyone

sandy and andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2012
5:36 AM

Post #9321760

Happy November!!

I've been trying to get over to the local beauty school to get my hair done... today may be the day...
Just need my low-lights touched up, and a bang trim.

Hope to hear from elsie soon. Should read up on NJ to see how it's going over there.

Have a great day...

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9321765

Good morning,

Woke up with a headache, I think it is the high pressure system. Raining again and supposed to be a nasty day with the tail end of this Sandy coming through.

From what I hear, NJ is being rebuilt and it could take quite some time before power is restored...and once power is up, cable is another issue altogether.

Morning entertainment provided by four little birds in the lilac tree outside the window. Dex and Axl look look like they are watching a tennis match.

Going to make coffee and see if that helps the headache issues.

Terese, you need a day for yourself...get to the salon!!!

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 1, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9321766

Morning!

Terese glad you are getting it taken care of. My hair needs cut so maybe I will join you?

WE had a few Tor T at the store. One was a mummy and her mom did a great job. To handle the cold she had white thermals on underneath. A few fairies or princess'. A policeman. Several adults dressed up getting something quick. A really good witch. I didn't say a word as I didn't want any spells thrown at me. We didn't even got through 1 bag of candy.

Still keeping Elsie and Chloe in my thoughts.

Somebody is looking for his breakfast. What a beast.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 1, 2012
5:55 AM

Post #9321768

Good morning, it is really cold here, had a good freeze overnight, and the ground is still frosty looking.

Don't know what I will get into today, probably some more laundry, and maybe cleaning out my kitchen cabinets. I have the whole winter to get things organized, but I have lots of energy that doesn't need to go to waste.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 1, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9321780

BonnieB you can send me some of that energy! Please! Plus MrB and he can go rodent hunting.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9321798

I know, send some here too. I am so tired and not talking to any of the animals in this house. There is a conspiracy and I am loosing.

I have coffee...

Izzy and felines had breakfast, as did the rabbit and birds. I have to change changes today too. Ugh.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 1, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9321811

Good Morning!

I hope Loretta is staying with her folks or brother. We got cell service back up a few notches so I could make a call this morning. I may try her today.

Terese - I think you are making the right decision. As you know, I wish I'd done the same when I had my surgery. But I hadn't had issues with its function before so was hoping half would do the job. Its pretty clear cut if you only have 10% with a full gland! The crew is holding off making any plans 'til they hear your date for surgery so they can watch over you on your day.

Vicki - funny you should mention rodent hunting. Pixel had field mouse yesterday just outside the door to the greenhouse. And this morning I saw her walking with something in her mouth so got out the binoculars. Yep - another field mouse. I sure hope she's clearing them out for us!

BonnieB - channel that energy for all you can! I wish I had a spurt of energy to coincide with time to go through my kitchen for a really thorough reorganization & cleaning! I gather you are feeling pretty good? All healed up for the most part?

Debbie - My mom was complaining about $6/gal. I will have to tell her about your $8/gal pricetag. Might make her feel a little better. I'm with BonnieB too - I like to let it get a little fizzy, which only happens when its not pasteurized.

I think we may just have to go out for dinner tonight and I will order something dripping in chocolate! I need to have an electrician in to wire the circuit run by generator to tweak a few things and plan to include the oven. I could have baked a lovely decadent chocolate cake if I had the oven! lol

I fly to Ca on Sun. I sure hope they have the flights back on track by then.
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9321818

Tam, we have a gas stove, and when power is out still works if you use a match or lighter. We have the grill on the back porch also, DH grills all year round.

I tease about the chocolate, but I am still not eating it. I have no taste for it at all...and I think it is a true crime! One of my favorite things when stressed was Lindt Truffles. I had one the other day and spit it out!!! It was just plain nasty. I should be 50 lbs lighter giving up chocolate like that...but nothing!!!

I am so upset with the cats. Using Izzys bed as a litter box (both pee & poo) and it is brand new!! Then they nailed my "cuddle blanket" that I have on the couch,
a big rag quilt I just love. Folded clothes to carry upstairs...they pulled a pair of jeans off and got that. I am almost 100% sure it is Daisy...we have caught her
several times...but am wondering if just one or more now with all this.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 1, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9321864

Debbie, Yuk, I would be watching 24 hours a day to catch the culprit. Not acceptable at all. I have also cut out the chocolate. My DTS told me about a neighbor of hers who cut out sweet tea and lost 40 pounds in about 6 months, I have cut that out and gained, so where is the theory there?

I have deboned a pork roast and cut it into meal size portions, washed and dried a load of clothes, taken the garbage out (garbage day tomorrow) and have a blackberry cobbler in the oven for tonight's dessert. Gonna have it with whipped cream.

Vicki I did send you some energy, must have gotten lost in transit. Grin. Mr. B is sleeping in the recliner right now, so maybe when he finishes his nap he will go out and see if he can find something to chase or catch, or both.

Sure hope Elsie is okay. I am a worrywart, I know there are worse things than being cold and hungry, but right now I can't tell you what they are.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

November 1, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9321871

Hey everyone! Just dropping in while we have hydro. It has been interminent since Tues. night. Haven't put the generator on as they said it would not be long before full power was restored. We have had 3 major fires in our area since Monday night, losing 3 businesses. No where near what everyone stateside is going through and I send positive thoughts to you all. Elsie I hope your ice cream and chocolate is still in strong supply.

Hydro on in Kingston so I was able to have my 2 hr dentist appointment. Trouble had creeped up since last week and I have another huge cavern of an abscess - meds were strengthened, another root canal started but Doc wanted to put antibiotic directly into the root for a bit to help calm this infection down. Could have driven myself in yesterday but let my neighbour do it just in case the dizzies appeared. I hate the uncertainty of when these sessions are going to happen.

Darn the lights are flickering and I haven't even spoken to all. Sorry. Thinking of you all. Terese your are a wise woman to get this nodule taken care of now. Take care everyone.

Dianne

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 1, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9321874

Dianne just happy you got to pop in and update us. There will be plenty of time to talk later. You just take care of those dental problems.

Thanks BonnieB am waiting for the energy.

Better go and walk Ty. Missed yesterday.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 1, 2012
9:02 AM

Post #9321924

Oh Debbie! I'm sorry about those troubles. I bought my kitties a little bed and the first day one pee'd on it. I can't imagine dealing with it on my laundry! (Gary has had them get his pile of clean socks before). We have a gas stove top too. That's what we cook on when the power goes out. But I miss the oven - can't bake anything! We're going to go out for dinner with friends who also have no power.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
9:06 AM

Post #9321929

That will be a good break for you to get a nice warm meal...with chocolate dessert of some sort!!!

I don't know what to do with them anymore. The vet has tested the "possible criminals" and there is no reason. Behavior. I don't want them all on prozac
but that may be the only answer. This was happening before the kittens came to "visit" but...I am sure that is not helping.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 1, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9321942

YEah - we had ours checked too. The vet said the best solution was to let them outside, since we can do that. I'm not sure what we'd do if we did not have that option.

We have dinner reservations. Dessert menu looks excellent. :-)
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9321958

If I let mine outside, they would be dead within an hour. VERY busy street out front not 25 feet from front door. Side street one house over...and then an apple orchard behind us that has constant activity with tractors and everything. That doesn't count for the coyotes back there.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 1, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9321964

I remember Debbie. I think the only option if you want to solve the problem is to reduce the number of cats. And that is simply heartbreaking (and very difficult, especially if you are truthful abou the issue). I did not know that prozac was an option.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
9:56 AM

Post #9321966

Well, what I am thinking..Dex and Frank are elderly. Franky is about 13, Dex 12. Technically Lexi and the kittens are Shannons. She has been told several times...they go with her, or SHE rehomes/shelters them. Lexi will probably stay as she has become DH's cat and just stays upstairs. Honestly the problems are Daisy...and Huck. They fight with everyone and are downright mean. Daisy is a witch (Sorry Melva). I am the only one that can pet her or she runs to the basement.
Huck, Daisy & Lexi are all about 7 years old. Axl...he just loves everyone and the dog, bathes "his kittens" and keeps peace.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9321990

1:30pm hair appointment... wonder if they'd mind if i napped in the chair...

I've been so tired these past few weeks...

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9322006

Well, now you know why...bet the thyroid is tied into that! Enjoy your appoitment.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 1, 2012
11:44 AM

Post #9322020

(((( Terese )))) You might ask about starting on Cytemel (synthetic T3) after surgery. I didn't get on it 'til recently and its really helped with my fatigue. Its fast acting too.

Debbie - we think about how old our cats are too. Rosie and Annie both lived past 20yrs. Fred is 15 this spring. He's one of our problem kitties. We're trying to work things out for him as he gets older & maybe not able to handle the cold in the winter. Gary built him a little room in the basement so he & Pixel have their own space at night.

I just checked the menu at the place we're having dinner - no chocolate only dessert. Something w/peanut butter & chocolate. Just not the same. (Such serious issues. LOL)

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
12:05 PM

Post #9322034

Oh my gosh, that just doesn't fly! Maybe they will have a special when you get there. I don't mind reeces peanut butter cups...but that is as far as that combo goes.

What do you think the main meal with be???

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 1, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9322040

I'm thinking about this item:

"Pan Seared Chicken Chesapeake" Grilled corn mashed potatoes, jumbo lump crab, asparagus, Old bay pan jus

Or maybe something lighter ( a salad) so I have plenty of room for dessert. The dessert I'm thinking of is "Warm Chocolate & Peanut Butter Indulgence" with Belgium chocolate ganache. I'm not sure what that is! The second option would be a NY cheesecake or carrot cake.

I clearly don't get out for dinner very often huh?
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9322076

OOOOO I couldn't turn down the NY cheesecake! That is my favorite.

Do any of you have a travel site for cheap tickets/flights they use? I have been using cheapOair...but not giving me the flight others are showing (I don't want to leave at 5:00 a.m)

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 1, 2012
2:37 PM

Post #9322138

Hi guys!Thanks for the good wishes for Cici's BD. He was so thrilled that Nicholas called and wished him Happy Birthday..he actually speaks pretty well now! Many of our friends called too and his colleagues from work celebrated him and gave him a chocolate cake which one of them made...yummy!
I've also felt tired lately, maybe it's something in the air!LOL I worked today, just me, first shift. Everyone else in the office had a day off due to our Radio station's anniversary...if I remember well the 54th! I will have tomorrow off and Saturday, then working on Sunday.

(((((((((((((Terese)))))))))) do you have a surgery date yet? I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

(((((((((Tam)))))))))), I can't imagine how you had the energy to plant the bulbs after what you have been going through! A chocolate cake is what you needed! Please take care with the headaches! Please keep us posted if you get Elsie on the cellphone. Hugs to you, Gary and the kitties... and chickens too!

((((((((((Dianne)))))))))), I hope the teeth don't hurt anymore! Good to hear you are well treated at the dentist and all the caverns are found...I know how that feels,, I had my share! Unfortunately I don't have many of my own teeth anymore...or is it luckily?LOL

Elsie, I hope you are warm and have power where you are. I know how bad it is to stay without . Keeping you in my prayers, sweetie!

BonnieB, I'm glad to hear you are so active and feeling so well...I hope you don't overdo!

Bonnie, are you there? Miss you! Sending hugs!

Debbie, you poor thing, having to clean so much after the kitties! Could it be a revenge? I hope you are all safe and warm!

Sandy, good boy Andre, keeping an eye on you!

Vicki, what fun to hear what costumes came to the store!LOL

You guys stay safe and warm. Thinking of you and sending hugs!

Adina

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9322165

Debbie -- I just got tickets for Alaska off of CheapAir.com -- i'm not sure yet, but they may have charged me a 'surcharge' as there is a 19.99 on my credit card that i was not aware of... or try Kayak.com ... cheapair was a tad cheaper, like 20bucks ... maybe they took care of that with the 'fee'.

Dh was 'browsing' using cheaptickets.com

Yes -- I did get the surgery date set... December 4th, not as soon as i'd have liked... but it's set.

did get my hair 'low-lighted' -- like the color... very subtle, and a bang trim for $34. I tipped her $15, and it was still cheaper than going to a salon.

I'm beat... having some soup. May go lay down for a bit.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
3:24 PM

Post #9322191

Adina, so happy Cici had a wonderful birthday! Sounds like you both had a nice celebration together and with Nicholas calling. I know how much he is
missed.

Terese, thats the sights I have been on and searching...thank you.

Thinking of teleporting to Tammys for dinner and dessert. LOL We had cheeseburgs on the grill.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2012
4:34 PM

Post #9322249

Sorry that Daisy is bad...she probably misses her man...
The new dryer is nice...had the plumber out yesterday and he fixed the drain for the washer so it works and doesn't spit the water on the floor...he also fixed the drain for the kitchen sink...he was real expensive...Phil was not happy.
I decided to have my sale next Saturday..I just could not get everthing ready...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 1, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9322317

Good evening. I did a lot today, and yes got in a nap this afternoon, and then cooked supper. I am doing well, and the surgery sites are almost healed. Still doing 2 sitz baths a day. It was sunny but chilly here today, so didn't get anything done outside.

Adina, so glad that Cici had such a nice birthday. So good of the fellow employee to bake a cake for him.

Tammy, gosh I think you are on a depravation diet due to no chocolate. Better buy you a few chocolate bars to tide you over till that craving goes away. Your dinner choices sounded really good. Hope that you ate what sounded good to you.

Terese, your hair cut and lowlights sounded like it would perk you up. I just had mine done last week. I had thought with winter coming on, that I would let mine grow but I just can't get past that growing out stage.

Debbie, your hamburger on the grill sounded good too.

We had a pork roast, roasted potatoes with dill, fresh sliced tomatoes, broccoli casserole, and DH had his cooked turnips. I made a blackberry cobbler for dessert. DS is staying here helping his DD strip tobacco, so I am cooking a bit more for him.

Need to check another thread, and then I am heading to bed.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2012
7:02 PM

Post #9322345

Had a glass, or two of wine... did not hit the spot... heading to bed.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 1, 2012
7:02 PM

Post #9322347

I've had the best evening in a long time. At 5pm the lights came on! And I got a call from Loretta. Dinner out was fabulous.

It does not sound good for Loretta - no power and they are rationing gas so even folks with a generator can't run it much. I just hope they get her back on line soon!

I followed through on my plan for dinner. Was really good. Had a couple of cocktails and that made it even better. There were 6 of us. We let the boys sit on one side of the table and us girls took the other side. :-)

Terese So its Dec4. We'll be there. The crew has agreed to keep any squabbles they may have at home and will be there for you 100%.

Debbie - burgers on the grill sound really good too!

BonnieB - wow! Your dinner sounds fabulous too. My dessert was so rich I should be good to go for quite a while.

Keep Elsie in your thoughts and prayers. It sounds like she is in not in a good situation there.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 1, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9322382

Tam, that sounds like such a nice evening! Oh my gosh, big hugs to Loretta!!! My BIL said they are struggling to get it all untangled!

I had made a roast and mashed potatoes last night with mushroooms and carrots, so we slacked off tonight. lol

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 1, 2012
11:41 PM

Post #9322489

Good morning! It's a foogy morning, but the sun comes through. I have a lot to do but first I wanted to check in here. I was worried about Loretta and now i'm worried sick!
Tam, thanks for the update. I can't remember if she has a generator. Can you tell us?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2012
4:24 AM

Post #9322537

Morning everyone

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Loretta}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9322580

Good morning, sure hope elsie's situation improves today.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 2, 2012
5:55 AM

Post #9322592

Good Morning!

Adina - Loretta does not have a generator. She does have a gas stove & water. She's using her solar lamps for some light (though its been so dark out she said they don't help alot). She has a battery operated light that goes around your neck and is sitting wrapped up in blankets to stay warm and knitting to pass the time. Chloe is doing ok too. She visited her brother's in-laws to warm up a bit but hasn't had a shower in a while.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9322633

I so know what she is going through. Praying that she gets power back soon

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 2, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9322663

Good morning...

I got the dragon-disease this morning...My get up and go has got up and went. I think the fact I was under a cozy blanket and warm didn't help!!

Did they tell Elsie it was OK to drink the water? That would concern me as the filtering stations and all that were down. I am sure she has bottled water to drink.
We cant even send her stuff as I doubt the mail is working!!!

I was sorting papers on the kitchen table last night...the cats "nailed" them. They have to be filed...don't know how I can clean them!!! Of course one pile was
rabies certificates from the vet!

It is only 39 out...Izzy didn't even want to stay outside.

Going for coffee...stay safe everyone.

OH...and there is this really strange thing outside...its kind of yellow in the sky.

For your morning entertainment...I give you, the grand cats.
Cassie...Stewart...Cody/Stew/Marvin...Cody & Cassie and Marv. Marv & Stewart are two of the biggest cats (wide) I have ever seen!!!

Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 2, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9322673

Elsie sending hope that things are back to normal soon or closer to normal.

Downloading some pictures to print out for my mom. Think it might make a good Xmas gift for her.

TGIF for those that need it. For me it is hump day so my week feels like it is going fast.

The other day at work I cleaned off some shelves to put other things on it. With the help of my co-worker. I didn't get it all on and the one that is not so good filled it up! I was so mad that she does not make room on her own or fill shelves properly. I had to put away a lot of stuff she put on them so I could finish my job last night.

Better go and feed Ty.

Hoping all are feeling better or things are just going better.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #9322741

Good morning. It was quite frosty and chilly here this morning. I have managed to clean my oven, and then went to church and worked on the storage area. Hauled out 3 bags of trash, so you know what kind of shape it was in.

Back home and I am going to the attic to put out some dcon. Saw evidence of mice there a couple of days ago. I have a small pumpkin in the oven cooking. When it is done, I will let it cool, and put the useable pumpkin in a freezer bag and freeze.

I have some bills to pay and our bank statement came the other day, so will get to them.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 2, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9322831

I've got stuff thawing to make a chili for dinner. I'm going to add in the leftover cabbage, use the beans from my garden (and tomato sauce). I'd bake a chocolate cake but I'm leaving in two days so that would be silly.

Debbie - we need to wash down walls and rugs. Our crew has definitely "nailed" a number of spots in the house. I took up a small rug where it smelled pretty bad - yep. Was soaked. I cleaned a few obvious spots but the house still smells. Its just so frustrating and depressing!

BonnieB - I've got a few mousers you could borrow! ;-)

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 2, 2012
11:42 AM

Post #9322852

Spent some time talking to our Kelly. Miss her posting here. She promised to stop in. Kelly is REALLY doing amazing things
with the M.A.I.N animal rescue. Breaks my heart seeing some of those animals so ill and what they go through.

Tam, I have to throw out all throw rugs...anything with a rubber backing is attracting to them. AND the dogs bed with cedar in it.
Any box gets pee'd in by Daisy...but the boys just play in them and with them. I can't leave the toilet seat up because afraid someone would fall in...but swear if I did...Axl would use that instead of the litter box. He sits in the middle of the seat and pees!! What the heck!! Has been better since he finished his
meds for crystals/irritation.

BonnieB, can't keep up with you!! How is DBIL doing?

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 2, 2012
3:03 PM

Post #9323001

Tam, thanks for letting us know about how Loretta is doing. I pray for her and all the people suffering like that to have the power back soon. Please send her my love and support !

I managed to make a ketchup and a sauce for roast. Tomorrow I'm making a winter salad with the green tomatoes and peppers I have left from my garden. I'm beat so off to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.

Adina

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2012
3:09 PM

Post #9323004

Just get home, went down to St Augustine, get some Angle mints, pralines and some Chocolate wine.
Let's Party!!!!

Get our tax bill for the house-not quite as bad as the house insurance but close.

sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 2, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9323020

I found the kitties had pee'd on the "welcome" rug at the door to the porch. So that's two rugs they hit in the last 24hrs. I've sprayed them and will wash them for short term & will buy new when I'm back.

I have a big pot of "leftovers" chili. I used roasted tomato sauce, red peppers, beans & garlic from the garden & ground beef from last years beef split. I also threw in left over cabbage. Its about ready & I'm starvin' so I'll be back later. :-)

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 2, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #9323030

DH wanted to go out to dinner but I had taken my lasix late, so he went over to next town and got us a take out. I had a chicken stinger sub, grilled with lettuce, tomato and mayo. Some kind of seasoning on it thats good...I think Italian dressing it is marinated in?

We had some snow flurries mixed in with rain. I had to take Izzy out and she wanted me OUT with her. DIdn't think it was bad til I hit the back yard with no coat.

DH is working the weekend, so other than taking Izzy for grooming tomorrow...I am not sure what to do.

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 2, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9323151

The kitchen-sink chili was very good but VERY hot. I'd thrown in a handful of hot peppers from a plant a friend gave me when I made the sauce. DH put his over rice to help him eat it. (He said it was very good. And VERY hot.)

I don't have a master plan for tomorrow either. I need to pack. Maybe I'll try cleaning the house a bit. I'm sure there's a lot of need to do but I've blocked it out. :-)

I keep thinking about Loretta & all the others in NJ & NY. It just sounds so awful there. One of my friends is from NJ. Her mother said there was a growing concern about violence with the situation there.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9323178

Had a good day. Did some things around here this morning, cleaning the oven and tending my indoor plants, did a load of laundry. Then off to church where I tackled the storage area, trying to move the Christmas decorations closer to the front as they will be needed soon. Took out 3 large bags of garbage, so you can imagine what kind of shape the room was in.

Came home and roasted a small pumpkin, but when I cut it open, it is NOT a pie pumpkin, so probably will toss the whole thing.

Went to pick DGD up in a nearby city. We ate Chinese, then a trip to Penney's and then home. I don't know what we will do tomorrow, but if my DS calls, may help her take personal items from their houseboat which she sold in the last week. This is the DS whos DH is in the hospital. It is not a good time, but the new owners want possession, so may help her get that all taken care of.

DBIL is about the same. Still in a coma and the ventilator breathing at 80% for him. Opens his eyes, but is not responsive. So don't know, just pray and wait.

Off to read another thread, then it won't be long before bedtime.

Tammy, if you talk to else, tell her I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 3, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9323408

Good morning,

I was up til 1:30 a.m. playing a crazy game but couldn't sleep worth anything. Was still awake when DH left for work at 4:30!
I see a nap in my future but have to stay up as Izzy goes to the groomer at 12:30.

I have coffee on, I hope everyone had a restful night.

What are we all doing today?

Debbie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9323444

today we are celebrating MIL"s 79th Birthday.

cloudy, probably cold... think it should be close to 50.
So unlike me... lately i've been sleeping til about 7:30-8am
my norm is about 6am. Thankfully, I sleep soundly. [unless the cats are rumblin' in my room]

can't think of much else... same crap, different day...

Wondering how Bonnie is doing too, haven't heard from her in a while.
Any update on Elsie? very worried about the folks in NY & NJ.

I was reading a news article about Staten Island yesterday... they feel like they are not getting any assistance.
Very heart breaking.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9323445

Good Morning!

If the power is on at the hair salon today, I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon. I plan to do some clean up outside. Lots of debris on the ground. I also found I have another 100bulbs to plant. I just need to get a little gumption to get myself in gear now. :-)

BonnieB - do you roast the pumpkin whole? You can make pie out of almost any squash (though pie pumpkins are obviously bred to have more flesh - sweeter & less stringy. But a whiz in the blender & a pinch more sugar takes care of those issues.

Debbie - maybe Lizzy & I will both get our grooming in today. :-) I hope you find something fun to do. A nap sounds good too

Sandy - can't believe I missed your post that you have angle mints & chocolate wine! I'll be right over. :-)

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9323448

Cross posted w/you Terese. I plan to give Loretta a call this morning. I'm going to help her find a hotel room is she's still out of power. Without the internet, even that is quite difficult!

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 3, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9323451

Good morning everyone

Tam come on down.

I am hoping to find some Empire Honey Mead today-if not I will have to ordered it and have it delivered.

Going to go do some shopping, back later

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 3, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9323454

Brr, chilly here, and it is sprinkling rain. So a nasty day ahead.

No plans, but will probably keep busy nontheless. DGD is here and wants to go out, what for and where? Kids.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9323510

I just talked to Loretta. No power. Her company's phone line got crossed with others and now the calls are going to a doctors' office. I got a chuckle out of the idea of an unsuspecting receptionist there dealing with the calls Loretta deals with! She sounds like she's in good spirits. I told her about a hotel with a room maybe available tomorrow night. NOthing open tonight. Chloe is enjoying Loretta's seat warming skills. Apparently unwilling to move off her chair after Loretta got up to put breakfast on the table. She said thank you for the thoughts & prayers.

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 3, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9323575

She sounds so cheery! Don't know if I would be. Keeping her in my thoughts!

Deb I sent Ty to join Izzy. Did he make it in time. He needs it so bad.

We just got back from our walk. 40 minutes worth. A pheasant flying up scared me. Going to see if DH can make some more trails. Will he laugh hysterically or just say no!

He is off fixing his gas tank.

I am off to try to get something done. Was going to plant the tulips I missed. But it is kind of cold out there today. One nice thing is loading the dishwasher and they are done when I get back.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 3, 2012
9:45 AM

Post #9323603

I am back from shopping. Found a Liquor store that carries the Honey Mead I like and they also carry Lemoncello Creme . Get a bottle of the Mead, two kinds of the Lemoncello, Irish Cream. Creme de Mint, a Hazelnut Liqueur_ that should keep me pickled for a bit!!! LOL

sandy and andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 3, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9323655

Tammy, sorry didn't answer your question about roasting the pumpkin. I roast them whole. Put in a pan with a little water in the bottom, put in a 350 oven and when you can stick a fork in the outside, they are done. I then cut them in half, and when they cool enough to handle, scoop all the seeds and goop out, and that leaves the perfectly cooked meat of the pumpkin. I do that with other small squash like butternut, and if your oven is big enough and you have the time, any other larger squash. Sure saves peeling and cooking.

So glad you got through to elsie. I sure hope that she does decide to stay at the motel at least one night to get a good hot shower and some food, and a good night's sleep. I have confidence that she will handle this like a prol.

Am cooking some pumpkin bread, sort of a recipe I modified. Will let you know how it comes out, and cooking a pork boston butt to make pulled pork BBQ sandwiches for tomorrow's lunch.

DGD just got a call from her DM and a friend of theirs had to have open heart surgery early this morning, and she is going home so that she can go support that man's family.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9323840

Back from running all over the place getting almost nothing done!

BonnieB - would never have thought to cook it whole! I always cut them in half, scoop out the seeds and then roast.

I sprayed the walls and floors in the foyer with the enzyme stuff thats supposed to remove cat urine odor , wiped it all down with water, did it again and then got out my steam cleaner. Water only. Got home after 5hrs and it still smells in there. In the library I'm pretty sure they pee'd in the seed starting tray I got from one of the Rock Garden Society members who passed away last year. Its lined with plastic so hopefully can be cleaned. I wiped it out and sprayed it with the enzyme stuff too. It really smells in there!

I bought a few cheapo throw rugs to replace what they got. I also got my hair cut & stopped by the wine store nearby and got a couple bottles. I've been having headaches again so that might not have been smart.

Tam

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 3, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9323946

Tammy, a secret that I learned is to set out a cup of vinegar and it absorbs odors. I keep it in the laundry room, as we have two outside dogs who sleep there at night, and they neither one have regular baths, so they really smell like dogs. Tonight they smell like wet dogs, as it has rained this afternoon.

Yum the pumpkin bread turned out good. Will take a loaf of it to Sunday School tomorrow to share. I used some pineapple and some nuts in it and it is delicious.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 3, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9323949

Tam, I used vinegar also. I clean with natures miracle...and the spritz the area with vinegar. I use it to wash the rugs also.
Today Daisy walked over to the window seat and pee'd on my large metal tin that holds crafts. I cleaned all that up and she went back and pee'd down the side of a box holding my back massager!!

Izzy had a good "spa day" but is totally exhausted. She slept through our dinner too! No begging. Didn't even get up with DH or DD came home...tail just did a couple happy thumps.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy         

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2012
7:15 PM

Post #9323955

OK. Will put a cup of vinegar in the foyer & library tonight.

Izzy looks adorable in her pink ribbon. I can't believe how white her teeth are - do they bleach them at the spa? :-)

Off to bed for me. DH is watching football so he can have the big screen for the rest of the night.
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 3, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9323966

No, those are her natural teeth...she has a marrow bone she gnaws on all the time with her peanut butter or cheese in it.

Safe travels tomorrow Tam...let us know soon as you get there.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2012
9:44 PM

Post #9324031

A few pictures from today..the pictures are of the squash and the tomatoes and I think a rose picture got in there too.

Thumbnail by melvatoo   Thumbnail by melvatoo   Thumbnail by melvatoo      

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2012
10:00 PM

Post #9324041

Here are some of the salvias I got this summer...squash and morning glories got in there too. I am still going to get a picture of my hair...I hate pictures of me!

Thumbnail by melvatoo   Thumbnail by melvatoo   Thumbnail by melvatoo   Thumbnail by melvatoo   Thumbnail by melvatoo

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 4, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9324175

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #9324181

Good morning, quite frosty here, but the sun is shining. Off to get ready for church.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 4, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9324206

Good Morning!

Nice pictures Melva! I'm jealous that you're getting 'maters now but I guess we were enjoying them while you were sweating in the heat of Aug & Sept!

Debbie - maybe I should get a marrow bone too. I understand they are also supposed to be very healthy too.

BonnieB - the vinegar didn't seem to do much. I'll just leave it there while I'm gone - maybe it'll help over time.

I'm all packed. I'm gonna finish planting the bulbs and then grab & shower, lunch and leave for the airport.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 4, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9324214

Tam safe trip

Sandy and a tired out puppy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 4, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9324224

safe travels Tam.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 4, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9324236

Be safe Tam!

Busy in the kitchen.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 4, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9324275

Travel safe Tam, hope the airports are all back on schedule for you.

Chilly 34 degrees here, I went to bed early last night. Heard DS come home about 12:30 but otherwise slept all night. Someone forgot to tell the cats & dog
about setting their clocks back and were up early to eat. I napped on the couch!!

Those weather liars said to be on the look out for snow today. Sheesh!!!

I have my coffee...working on getting sociable.

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 4, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9324341

Thanks - I'm checked in and the flight is on schedule.

I found 8-9 eggs in the bucket of my front end loader (on the tractor). Now I know why they've been going in the tractor shed. Some of those eggs are HUGE. I cracked a couple in a bowl and then fried 'em (to be sure they were good) and they were delicious!

Debbie - sure hope they are wrong about this storm heading our way! Last thing we need is snow & another storm.

Truffles is all cuddled up next to me trying to convince me to stay. She's doing a really good job. Should be in sales.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 4, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9324402

I love scrambled eggs...what a Delicious idea! A late breakfast/lunch/brunch. lol

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 4, 2012
11:33 AM

Post #9324418

I am at the airport so called Loretta. No power. Her folks old house just got electric so she is heading there to warm up and charge up. No watt to drink though.

All my friends in my immediate area now have power. Airport is fine. Almost quiet

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 4, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9324445

Tam, thanks for the update on Loretta. OMGosh, still now power or water! That is so so scary and sad. Hopefully she can take a warm shower while there too.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 4, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9324509

Safe travels Tam! I'm so happy Loretta can go to her folks place to warm up. Thanks for the update.
I worked all day today and managed to write 2 more articles. came home and cooked dinner, fed the doggies and now I'm off to bed.
Waving to all!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9324522

Tam, the vinegar is sort of gradual, so not surprised that you didn't notice much difference. Patience, is the operative word.

Went to church this morning, and the church wasn't good and warm, dummy me hadn't worn a coat, so got chilled, and didn't get warm till after I was home, and had some dinner. Laid on the couch this afternoon and covered up with an afghan, which finally did the trick. Bet I won't make that mistake again.

Melva, yum, you got fresh veggies when all of us are without. DH brought in about a dozen tomatoes that were given to him by a neighbor. They looked delicious, but you could tell they were not vine ripened. Better than supermarket produce though.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2012
4:42 AM

Post #9325033

Good morning everyone
S and A

Thumbnail by wren107

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 5, 2012
4:53 AM

Post #9325042

Good morning, very frosty and cold here. Off to the hospital in just a few for the CT scan.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 5, 2012
5:41 AM

Post #9325086

Good morning, cold and 31 degrees!

All furbabies are fed and munching down.

Going to put the coffee on!

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 5, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9325283

Good Morning!

I got into the Ca office before 7am today. I'm still amazed at how warm it is here - supposed to be in the 80s for a few days before going back to a more seasonally appropriate upper 50s high. Sure wish I could send the warmth back east for all still w/o power!

Sandy - that is an absolutely stunning photograph!

BonnieB - I hope everything is clear with the CT scan.

Debbie - what a good fur-mom, feeding the crew before you had your morning coffee! Stay warm.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 5, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9325294

Tam. glad that you are settled in there, and oh, envy you on the warmth. It was very brisk out there this morning, but the sun is out not valiantly trying to warm things up.

The technicians were running late, so my 9:00 appointment actually happened at 11:00. Having company tonight for supper, so need to do a few things to straighten the house and then into the kitchen to do some prep.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 5, 2012
9:16 AM

Post #9325297

BonnieB, we are there with you...don't let them look under the table!!!

Tam, glad you arrived safely...enjoy that warmth!

Went to Walmart with DD to pick up a few things and $100 later...sigh...headed home. Never did get my coffee!

I have to get this house cleaned up, there was a paper shredding festival between yesterday and this morning...and I have just enjoyed watching
and not picking up after the little devils.

These pictures...sae area...the difference a week and a wind storm make.
Have a good day
Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy      

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2012
9:52 AM

Post #9325319

I have so many chigger bites on my back that I have scratched and they itch like crazy! I couldfn't sleep last night..finally dozed off around 6am...I am going to google chigger bites and see if there is something I can do...

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #9325610

WOW -- we've really been quiet today.

just another day here... spent the day cleaning ovens...

I've always had a self-cleaning oven, but never used one... I recall BonnieB talking about hers... so i used mine today.
wow, it's like new. I also cleaned up my counter-top convection oven... my kids are slobs...

the rest of the day, diddling on the internet... "window shopping" for a 55+ community for when DH and I are ready to move.
Currently - I'm leaning towards Leesburg, FL.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 5, 2012
5:43 PM

Post #9325614

checking in for the night

Melva - how did you get chigger bites on your back???

Debbie - I do not want to see more of those pictures. I'm gonna remember the first one and pretend it stays that pretty through til spring. :-)

Terese - sounds kinda fun. I keep window shopping for places in Ca. They have some gorgeous and affordable properties in an area inland a bit where we have a small office for some key folks. I just can't see moving while my folks are still in Pa though.

BonnieB - enjoy dinner!

~~ to all you very busy people!
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9325622

Hi y'all

Tam I am not busy, just lazy.
I did take DM to a doctor's appointment, we will see how this goes

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9325632

OH --- I forgot to mention... last night DH calls me downstairs and tells me to look out the back patio doors...
there was a skunk out by one of the trees - I'm assuming he was eating fallen seed from a feeder.

DH said he was looking for Buddy, and looked outside... Bud and the skunk were nose to nose at the chain link fence.
I laughed and said... Oh, Buddy has a skunk friend.

well, hopefully the little critter wont make a habit of hanging out at our fence ... as one day, [err night] Bud will get nailed.

My guess is... Bud was hanging out in the yard and the skunk just walked up. If the skunk was there first, Buddy would have been barking like an idiot and charge the fence... and probably have gotten sprayed.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 5, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9325661

Terese, better get all the supplies ready for a really good bath, because sooner or later it will happen. The magic ingredient is hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. If I remember right in school isn't that what they used to simulate a volcano? Hehe, Buddy is gonna be smokin! Remember when Mr B got sprayed and I had to give him a bath. That was at night too. I had heard tomato juice did the trick, but it may have helped, but didn't take all the smell away. Took weeks and weeks for all of it to be gone. I still loved him even if he wasn't sweet smelling!

I made the best dessert for supper. It was a recipe that my DM gave me years ago, and if I had ever made it, I can't recall it. It is like cake and sauce. You boil water, cocoa and sugar, while mixing up a cake batter. Then pour the liquid in a casserole and then just spoon the batter on top and bake it. It turns out like cake and a sauce. It was very choclaty. To make it worse (calorie wise) I put whipped cream on top too!

Melva, I don't know what to tell you about chiggers. I had heard that nail polish would suffocate them, but then read that was not true. I would think something like Calymine lotion would help with the itch. So sorry that you got them.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 5, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9325694

Nail polish is supposedly a old wives tale according to internet. I looked up to help Melva too...and that was the first the kaboshed!!! Said take benedryl and use topical cream...it is the saliva from them biting you that has the irritant in it that causes reaction. I had a BAD case of chiggers when I lived in Florida...OUCH!
What about soaking in a tub with vinegar splash in it? Or even rubbing that on the bites?: I sued that for flea bits and mosquitos.

Well, speaking of food...BonnieB that reminds me of a "tunnel of fudge" cake we used to make. It kind of sunk into the cake and you would find the "soup" in the middle when you took bites.

I made something new for me. Broccoli cheddar soup. WOW, did it turn out good and Shannon...of all people...loved it. She does NOT eat veggies at all.
Said she had it someplace and loved it...and would I make it. Was fairly easy and very good. Inexpensive meal.

Terese, Leesburg is a very nice area. My parents used to own a lot there and had at one time planned to build.

Tam, glad you are in CA. It is 31 again with a "feels like" 29...and a low tonight of 25. BRrrrrr!

Stay safe. Wish we would hear from Bonnie!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 6, 2012
2:13 AM

Post #9325790

Good morning everyone! I slept in this morning,, but only because I went to bed so late I had to finish an article and it had to be done yesterday.
Very beautiful day here, but a strong wind is blowing. It seems it's bringing cold...brrrr!

Melva, where did those chiggers come from? You might need a desinsection...or what is called, to get rid of them. I know they appear in fresh wood. Take care !

Waving to all! BBL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2012
4:58 AM

Post #9325840

Good morning, it is sunny, but chilly here today. Need more coffee to get jump started.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 6, 2012

Post #9325841

Good morning everyone.
For red chiggers-nail polish only helps if it is put on right away. It will kill the chigger before it can do much damage but as they only stay on you for a short time it has to be put on with in minutes of the bite

Adina chiggers are very very tiny mites that are found usually in wooded areas.

It is raining today but we will have to go out to vote

waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2012
5:22 AM

Post #9325865

Sunny and Chilly here too. not sure on the temp, but light frost on the ground.
I was hoping to save a Salvia and over winter it again... will have to see if I can't grab it today.

Will go and vote today, have to wait til DH gets a call about a new machine [replacement] that is being delivered today.
will also have to do a bit of grocery shopping. We did good on cleaning out all the left overs out of the frig over the weekend.

OH and laundry too.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 6, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9325869

Morning! DH says be ready to go when he gets home tonight so we can vote. I picture a fun time tonight.

No nothing about Chiggers. Don't want to know anything. Skeeters are bad enough.

Was so busy the last couple of days. Sunday I was in the kitchen doing stuffl Then the kids came out until I had to get ready for work. Then I was not feeling right. The vertigo was just sitting there making me feel not right! Took half a pill that pretty much helped. Got home from work ate and feel asleep in front of the TV. Sat up and was a tad dizzy. Took another half a pi;;. Felt the same way when I woke up. So took a whole pill. Felt better. Took a shower and felt even better. Went to chiro appointment. Stopped and got pop on sale. Went to town to cash paycheck and then DH needed to go to the DMV. Made a few more stops then home and I was ready to crash. But had to get the fish moved and it was a good thing as there is some SNOW out there this morning.

Still need to drain and clean the pump. Wish I had done it yesterday. What was I thinking.

Adina I can hardly wait to read your articles. Sorry it is getting cold out there. But sad to say it is that time of year. How are the doggies doing?

Deb I love that soup and yes it is so easy to make. I might have to make some also now.
Well since Ty didn't make it to the groomers with Izzy I started brushing him last night and DH clipped his pantalooms and tail again! I don't like it but he does get all kinds of twigs and stuff tangled in that long fur.

Terese I hope Bud and the skunk stay friends. But do get those supplies on hand. I have read only god about using them and they have to be mixed fresh to work like BonnieB said. I have a hard time thinking about moving. Someday I might have too.

Tam I hope those places you are looking at stay affordable if that is where you want to go. Watched Revolution last night. I forsee a show or 2 based on the brand coming in the furure.

Better go and feed Ty. Get my day started. Coffee is almost gone.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9325911

Wish someone would get Izzy on a time schedule. All I asked was that DH let her out at 4:30 while he is up making his lunch for work. Nope, he can't do it. So by the time he backs out of the driveway and is a mile down the road...she needs out. Then I can't settle back down because the cats come down with OH Mom is up, time to eat!!!! They do this again if I lay on the couch trying for another round!!!

Adina, glad you got your article done. We have a very cold front moving in here also. Was down to 25 last night...and the east coast that got hit by the hurricane is getting it bad with cold and wind again. Stay safe!

Vicki, As much as Izzy loves the groomers, it does a number on her. Since Saturday when she came home...I have had her on tramadol. She has been having trouble walking, so stiff and sore legs...I assume from standing so long with two bad knees/ACL. I actually cried on Sunday watching her try getting up the back stairs...I don't like this at all.

Talked to my SIL last night...asked her if I gave Harold the address for Loretta, could he go fix her power. She said "Deb, if he had a choice...he would in an instant." These men are suffering as bad as the victims. Harold got down to NJ last Sunday...had his FIRST shower just this Saturday. Their food sometimes comes from the kindness of strangers...grilling and offering hot dogs or such. He has been sleeping in the truck here and there to get rest. AND of all things...he is having knee/hip surgery Nov. 16, so I know he isn't comfortable!

Bonnie B, when do you hear on the CT scan results?: Keeping the prayers going for good results. How is DBIL doing?:

Well...coffee is on and smells good, and I am going to need a nap today!!

Debbie
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2012
6:23 AM

Post #9325913

There are a lot of chiggers in the back yard..I put insect repellent on before I go outside..but they seem to have become resistant to it. Phil treated the area for me..said there were about 15 bites.they tend to get everywhere...depending upon how long I stay outside..guess I need to start making shorter stays. They will die soon when it freezes...Yea! I am using Benadryl cream which does seem to help.
Can't use vinegar topically right now since I have scratched so much the bites are all inflamed
I took some more pictures yesterday but they didn't get loaded..I will post some tonight.
I saw the Daisy clone, down the street she must live there, she was sitting on the porch looking like she was home...it is the same kitty that Corky chased. Corky must have offended the lady who was coming to feed him as she doesn't do that, anymore..
I love brocolli and cheese soup...maybe I will make some tonight.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9325924

Here is the broccoli cheese recipe I used. So so easy. I didn't use the heavy cream though...I used just milk.

http://www.mrfood.com/Soup-Recipes/Country-Kitchen-Broccoli-Cheese-Soup-425
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2012
7:10 AM

Post #9325949

Debbie, thanks for asking. DBIL is about the same. Some little improvements, but more that is wrong than is right. It looks to be a very long time before something happens. They did get his kidneys working on their own, but still in a coma.

The Dr office should call me in a couple of days about the CT scan. Sure hope that it is okay, so I can get rid of this oxygen equipment. Haven't used it for about 3 months, just sitting here, but needs a Dr's orders before the company will come pick it up.

Back from the bank and voting. So now to get myself up to the attic and start on that job.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9325956

Oh BonnieB, we have the same chores. I need to get up in the attic...and it scares me! Stairs are bad enough...but there are critters up there!
Not to mention it is COLD.

DBILs body is going to need rebound time and healing from inside out. The kidneys must have received a major trauma between the accident and all the
"rescue meds". Glad they are kicking in and working again. Will continue the prayers. Same for CT results!

Had such a chuckle about Budman with the skunk. That is just a cute image in my mind. lol Good thing they are so far sighted that he probably thought he found another "large" skunk! Hope it stays...sociable and non-smelling!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9325960

Good Morning!

I texted Bonnie last night. I thought I posted that here but not. She said she was overwhelmed with all the work needed to move her DM. She found someone to help so sounded like she has hope now. It sounds like she's gonna be in high stress through the holidays, based on what she said. At least she won't have to worry about her mother injurying herself once she's in the assisted living facility!

I voted via absentee ballot a few weeks ago. I'm so worried about the outcome of the election - but I'm sure I'm not alone there. Both sides are feeling its a key one. :-)

I have a busy day today - first meeting at 8am and probably will go right through the day in meetings. Be good ladies!

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 6, 2012
11:37 AM

Post #9326161

Deb do you have Izzy on any other meds for her knees?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012
11:42 AM

Post #9326168

Vicki, she has the glucosimine, omega 3 fish oil and the tramadol.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 6, 2012
12:09 PM

Post #9326197

I thought you were giving her something just wanted to make sure. How is her weight? We try hard to keep Ty's down as I don't trust his hips. I noticed he was gaining some and cut down on the snacks. We snack he snacks! A vicious cycle! For all of us.

I have those meatballs sitting on the counter and table and I leave the room and he doesn't touch them. He is so good!

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2012
12:27 PM

Post #9326206

She's backkkkkk!!!!

Debbie, my heart goes out to your DBIL. I can't imagine working in these conditions. I hope the people of NJ have been nice to he and his co-workers.

I so wish I had Tammy reserve that room over the weekend. Everything is in short supply and lines are very long. The gas situation has gotten better. People for the most part have been very nice. We had very long lines to vote this morning. the largest numbers in years. It was actually hot in the polling place. They had nice plump leather sofas. I think I should have holed up there.

Still no work. We have no idea when the office will open. The power company in WV said the area around work was the hardest hit in this county.

My DB brough over a propane heater and just about cooked me. About a 1/2 hour after he left I heard a noise - thought it was another generator. It was my refrigerator. I now have to empty the fridge. And the trash wasn't picked up last week.

I've been so tired since this storm hit us. I'm thinking it must be pure stress. I spent a couple of nights at my DB's. He has a large generator, hot water and a pellet stove. And he has TV but no internet. But it was like heaven.

There has been a lot of laughing and a whole lot of crying. Tomorrow we are looking at some snow tonight and there is a fear of trees falling.

I guess I need to get to that fridge. Thanks for all of your good wishes. I'm pretty sure my feet will get warm in December.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 6, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9326231

Elsie so glad you are back. But I am not going to stop worrying as there is a ways to go yet before things can be called normal there. Wish we lived closer because I would let you borrow my DH for some of the work I am sure you will need done. So happy you have family that could and did help.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9326242

((((Elsie))))) So glad you are back! And warming up! We have all been very worried about you. Is Chloe managing?

As Vicki said, wish we were all closer to help out! As BIL said, doesn't matter if you have money and go to a store...the stores are EMPTY and nothing
restocked in many areas, the trucks still can't get in!

Stay safe!!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012
12:47 PM

Post #9326243

Got so excited I forget to answer your question Vicki.

Was told by the vet her weight is perfect. She is an extra large breed, weighs 92 lbs and is proportioned very well.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9326249

elsie -- welcome back!! Hope you warm up sooner than December -- I'll be praying that things get back to normal sooner than later.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2012
1:23 PM

Post #9326272

Whooppee, Elsie is back. So glad that you checked in. I have worried myself sick wondering if you were doing okay. I am sure that it will be a long while before things can be called normal for you all. Makes you appreciate the heat and water and the gasoline so much when you are forced to do without. I appreciate my well stocked pantry, and although I need my gas grill repaired, when the power is out, we can exist with things cooked on the grill.

Need to finish supper , but will be back later.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 6, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9326274

Just got done cutting my hair. A good 6 inches gone and it still seems to long in the back. I just want to be able to pull it back. On the sides there are a few short strands that hang but those are okay this time of year as they aren't blowing around and annoying me.

Gotta go and get the pump out of the pond.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9326527

Very unexciting day. I did get up into the attic but only worked about an hour. Since out outside temps were hovering at 50+, and I was wearing a sweatshirt, got a little warm for me. That is okay, since if the conditions had been perfect, I would have worked until I finished and then been so worn out. I can do an hour a day, and before you know it I will have that job all done.

Dr's office called and the CT scan is clear, so they faxed the medical equipment company, and they are coming for the oxygen supplies tomorrow afternoon. I am sending it all back with the accumulated dust. They probably hire people to clean it before it goes out to another customer, anyway. Hehe.

I think we can add Mr. B to the dogs that need to be on a diet. Since his neuter about this time last year, he has gained weight and I don't want him getting to the point that he waddles when he walks. Have been trying to cut down on his foods some, but the real culprit to him gaining weight is snacks and his treats.

Elsie, have your feet got warm yet. Sure am hoping that each day will be better than the one before, and before long, it will all be back to normal. Hope the weather liars are wrong about the noreaster that is predicted.

Hoping that I wake early in the morning, so that I can get started on my grocery/errand day early. Tomorrow is senior day, and it is usually swamped and I want to get there early so I can get out of that nuthouse and home before noon.

Hope that you all got out and voted. The turnout in my precinct was higher than usual, and it seems that trend carried over statewide too. Don't know national results, and with the interrupted voting in the areas hit by Sandy, it may be several days before a result is know.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9326551

One of DH's "little turnips"!.

Thumbnail by defoecat

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012
7:21 PM

Post #9326552

Oh BonnieB, such wonderful news. Know you will sleep a bit better knowing that is all clear!!

I voted and took DD with me for her first time. She actually asked me to go, and I was proud of her for that. Got to say...she has matured (KNOCK WOOD) a bit and we have had some good conversations. She knows where I stand...and what I will not stand for.

Bonnie, I thought the same thing...might be several days before we have a true "final vote" with all the issues and delays.

I hope everyone gets a good nights rest...I am cold. Took a hot bath, had a bowl of special K...and still cold.

Sweet dreams,
Debbie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012
7:21 PM

Post #9326553

Wow, that is HUGE! have some healthy soil there.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9326571

BonnieB, that is some turnip - what does he feed them?

I am headed for bed. If I can get it back from Chloe. I have so much stuff to do and I'm still so tired. My SIL told me the stores are swamped. I guess just like me people are getting power back and have to replenish at the store.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2012
7:57 PM

Post #9326576

Hi everyone. I am going down for the third time. I am so overloaded, overworked, and overwhelmed that today I called in professional help in the form of a member of a national organization of Senior Movers. once I identify the items that will be going to the assisted living, which I did today. she will supervise the rest - from packing to shipping, to delivery and unpacking on the other end and even putting things away if I need that service. They can even arrange for estate sales or other ways of disposing of the contents of the home, cleaning and making home repairs and putting the house up for sale. Having her here to supervise the packing frees me up to go to FL to furnish the apartment so it will be ready when the personal items arrive. Then Monique can arrive with mom and the 2 cats 3 or 4 days later, which should be sometime in early December. The first move date the movers have is 11/28.

I cannot tell you what a weight this has lifted from my shoulders. I feel like I can breathe again.

Haven't had much time during the day to be online and I get no signals at DM's house anytime. There is a radiant barrier in the attic to keep the house cool - basically a sheet of aluminium - that blocks all air signals, incuding cell phones. I am in the garage right now,

Need sleep. Goodnight.

Bonnie

ecember

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9326588

Loretta I tried to call you from mom's tonight, but each attempt failed. So happy to hear your power is back on.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 6, 2012
9:08 PM

Post #9326609

BonnieB that is good news.

Bonnie hoping everything goes smoothy for now own

Loretta Glad to hear from you and hoping everything soon returns to normal-what every normal is??

Debbie I had a time with the voting today, redraw the districts and for some strange reason the put some very strange curves in our. We have be voting at a church that is only 3 blocks east of from our house. There is another voting place at another church west of us only 5 block away .
BUT our new voting place is another church almost a mile away, that is not wheelchair friendly!!!!
AND another problems was they are in churches so I had to bite my tounge and not say what I wanted to.
So I drank some Italian Lemon wine.

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2012
9:53 PM

Post #9326616

Yeah. Such good news here.

Loretta had power ,BonnieB got a thumbs up fro CT scan ( and you are still an ex smoker and staying ex?)
Bonnie has help! Vicki has a new do

Sandy found her voting place, Debbie is proud of DD and Izzy is officially perfect weight

That is one big turnip!

Election results are in. It's weird hearing the results so early. Was really expecting a long fight

Good night
Tam

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 7, 2012
3:04 AM

Post #9326693

Good morning everyone! I just heard the voting results and I hope this is good for all of us.

Elsie, good to see you posting, girlfriend! I'm so happy that you have the power back,, but my prayers are still going on for all the people in NY and NJ. When I saw those lines for gas I remembered Ceausescu and the times when we had such lines for gas. We also had the pair and impair thing for driving the cars on weekend. Lucky we didn't have a car back then!LOL I hope things get back to normal soon.

BonnieB, what a relief! I'm so happy for you!

Bonnie, good to hear that you have help for moving your DM so you can have some relief and time for yourself!Hugs!

Have to go to work. Talk to you later.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2012
4:07 AM

Post #9326715

Good Morning, it's so nice to be home and warm with a good cup of coffee. I am waiting to find out if we work today. Even though I had a very good night's sleep I feel like I could go back for a couple more hours.

Bonnie, I'm glad you have help with your monumental tasks. For some reason my phone is saying the line is busy when it's not. I hope it's still the towers

Tammy, how is CA going? I didn't think the voting would be decided so early either. Especially with voting not going well in places like NJ.

Not looking forward to snow and/or sleep tonight. I guess I will shovel and rake leaves at the same time. hehe

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2012
4:20 AM

Post #9326720

Good morning everyone

Happy that I will not be having the phone ring so much for at least 4 years.

Waving at everyone

sandy and andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 7, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #9326769

Good morning,

Elsie, it is so good seeing you are back and OK...we were all worried sick! Doesn't that coffee smell wonderful! LOL

Tam I was shocked it was so early also, the poles had just been closed minutes out west coast and BAM...Ohio poles results came in and
clinched it...and rest didn't matter. I personally think it should all be changed and be "vote for vote" not this electoral business.

Vicki, you cut your hair yourself? Brave woman! I am thinking french toast this morning with sourdough bread, but not sure yet.

Bonnie, that group to help you sounds just wonderful. So happy you found them to help. You have your hands, head and heart full...take care of YOU too.

BonnieB, go slow in the attic...do not over do!

Good morning Adina, you are so busy! Bet you are glad the garden is done and you can stay inside where warm! How is Nicholas?

Well...someone just tossed their breakfast...be back

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2012
6:06 AM

Post #9326783

Good morning, it is raining here this morning. Figures, this is grocery/errand day. Nevertheless, I will be heading out in about 30 minutes to get it done.

Bonnie, so glad to hear from you, and doubly glad that you are having help with the move and the settling in process. Hope your DM is okay with this, and you won't have to deal with her over it.

Debbie, oops, I would have to wait a bit to deal with upchucking.

Elsie, hope the coffee and the warmth become familiar for you. Oh, you meen sleet? I don't know how you would shovel sleep! Teehee. Naughty fingers.

Tam, you sound chipper, it surely has to be the warmer weather.

Elsie, DH doesn't feed them anything, just sows the seed and waters them if it is dry. Monsters aren't they? He insisted that I cook one that big, and I thought it would be hot, etc, but not. I don't eat them, just cook them for him.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 7, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9326822

Morning! We switched the channel last night and were surprised to see the results already. We think it should also be the popular vote. Oh well it is what it is. Just glad it is done!

Elsie just be careful do what you can. I bet if you go to work it will be a mad house.

Bonnie good to hear from you also. Glad you got help and hope Mom handles everything okay.

bonnieB cloudy here but seems warm out. Not suppose to rain but we will see. Seems nice enough I can finish my few outside chores. Have fun doing your errands.

The boss just called and she made it sound like a political call to elect Arron Rogers! I was trying to think of a smart answer and my brain was all used up yesterday with replies.

Better get going so I stay on schedule.

Will try to pop in later.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 7, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9326824

Good morning

We sat outside for dinner last night. No coat or sweater required. But Ca is gonna get "cold" tomorrow. A high in the upper 50s. Hahaha. But I get to go home to the same sleep as Loretta hehehe

Great day everyone
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9326825

BonnieB, oops - haven't typed in over a week. I don't think I've had turnips - or maybe I have and I don't like them.

Tammy, that weather sounds so nice. You are just too funny!

I'm watching the news and I'm getting afraid about this storm. I'm not so sure the trees will stay up with more high winds. My house is surrounded with pines on three sides. I think I should have gotten groceries and gas yesterday. I think I may go out and replenish. Can't get gas until tomorrow.

We have co-workers who were told they might have power by thanksgiving.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 7, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9326828

Tam, you are getting cold tomorrow...and by the weekend it is supposed to be 60 or above here. I can't wait!!! LOL

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 7, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9326833

I heard our weekend was suppose to be 60 also! Whoopie! I get to work! LOL

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9326849

Vicki -- just checked our weather... 61-62 for the weekend, then 38 for Monday.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 7, 2012
7:31 AM

Post #9326855

Of course my day off! LOL

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 7, 2012
9:51 AM

Post #9326976

I'm back! Just talked on the phone with Andreea and Nicholas. He wanted to watch cartoons and his Mom said No then he started to yell and cry and she jsut let him do that. Lucky I was on the phone and distrtacted him. I asked him on the phone and talked to him which made him stop thinking about cartoons!LOL They came at the office on Sunday when I worked and I printed some coloring drawings for him from the internet. He loves excavators, buldozers and cement trucks!LOL So now I told him I would print him some more of those drawings and he will come to get them with his Mommy. It worked and he forgot about what he wanted before!LOL

Debbie, besides what I told above, I have a possible good news about Cici getting softer about Nicholas coming to our place on week-ends. Andreea asked again if her Dad reconsidered us staying with Nicholas on week-ends and I told Cici who said it might be, but not now because I still have lots of work to do in the garden...which is true! Keep your fingers crossed!
I loved Izzy's ribbons , but got me worried about her legs. Is she better? Guess who 's picture is on the November calendar I have at work? Izzy , as a puppy, when she was behind the kitchen door!LOL I just love that picture!

BonnieB, I forgot to comment about the giant turnip...wow! Your DH was a hero last summer having to wtaer so much and getting such good harvest! You must have a good land too!

Sandy, I had to read that twice to understand why you weren't getting so many calls for the next 4 years...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Melva, I hope you can get rid of those nasty chiggers. Are the bites still itchy? Sending hugs!

This day went so fast, I couldn't do anything at home and so little at the office. A few more hours and it's over.
But I have something to be happy about, a new article which appeared today. Here's the link if anyone wants to read it :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3971/

Elsie, don't tell me there's another storm coming towards you! I hope it's a small one, just a strong wind and nothing else. Try and stay well and get what you need before it comes.

Vicki, congrats for the haircut! You're good!

Tam, what a nice dinner on the terrace in CA! What a dream for many of us! Enjoy while you're there!

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9326989

Thanks Adina, for asking about the chigger bites...they still itch..I have been putting benadryl cream on them.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9326993

Adina there was up to 10 calls in one day. All most all of the where recordings. The few that where real people where not to bad as I could ask them to take us off their call list and they did. All but a few where from the party that I would not vote for every again-specially after being hounds by all the calls.

The weather is nice and I found a web site where I can get a picture from space of the cloud cover-now I can better figure out when to go try to get sunset pictures.

waving at everyone

sandy and andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 7, 2012
11:09 AM

Post #9327052

Adina, the East coast (from Virginia up) is supposed to get another bad storm...this time a cold one, with wind and snow. It is scary.

That is one of my favorite Izzy pictures that you are telling about, she looks so innocent in that (haha). The doctor tells me that at age
almost 7...she is a senior citizen...because of her breed. AND both of her knees are bad, one from taking the extra weight from her torn ACL
when she was hurt playing frisbee. I have her on lots of vitamins and such to help.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2012
12:31 PM

Post #9327125

It's snowing lightly. I checked my work emails from home - over 2500. I'm guessing many emails have already been deleted because of space limits. The program is awful - it doesn't show you which emails you have replied to. UGH

I had a lovely bowl of soup after shopping. Sausage tortolini that I put in chicken broth - yummy. I wouldn't have thought it was possible but it was too hot in the grocery store. I guess I over dressed. I have one funky hairdo from wearing my hoodie all day and night.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

November 7, 2012
12:51 PM

Post #9327140

Elsie I am so glad to read you have power back but not so happy about the pending storm. You are a trooper! I had been thinking about how many emails you would go back to work and have to read. Maybe the automatic delete is a good idea!!! So glad you and Chloe are safe.

Worked outside most of the day yesterday in hopes it would help pass the day and help me sleep. Yesterday was 6 mon since my guy passed and I gotta say each day is not getting any better.

See the doctor tomorrow in hopes she has some answers about the dizziness. I think I have had every blood test known to man. I am beginning to think Vicki was right and it is vertigo. The dizzies come out of tomorrow and other than my lips burning no other signs. Weird, eh?

I think of you all daily and try to get here to at least catch up.
Dianne
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9327179

Dianne, I hope you get some good news tomorrow.

I'm running the dishwasher and it will be so nice to have clean dishes. Do not eat anything with gooey cheese if you don't have heat and hot water. It was like cement on my spoons.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2012
2:02 PM

Post #9327183

Some one please shot me!!!!

The Yard guys ran the lawn mower over a old cable that was on top of the ground---Problem is was the phone cable. The repair person was able to jerry rig mine back on but until the cable repair people get here other house in the area are with out cable. We are blaming the city-the phone guy says it is not our falt

Dianne I had bad vertigo for a few days back a few months and it turned out to be my sinus and ears. PLease have them checked.

I have been on my feet way to much so going to go get me some Honey Mead and chill out.
(Give the older yard guy some on my chocolate wine and we have another convert(?))

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2012
6:44 PM

Post #9327448

Grocery/errand day for me today. Was raining when I left, but it cleared up before I got back home. The medical supply company came this afternoon and picked up the oxygen equipment, so hope that I don't have to have it again.

A neighbor and I shared making dinner tonight, she did the main course, a pork chop/rice casserole, and I furnished 2 sides, and we opted for no dessert. The next time, I will do the entree and she will do the sides. It was fun, and good.

Dianne, good to hear from you, and hope that your Dr appointment goes well tomorrow, and that you get some answers to your problems. ((hugs)) Mr. B, Casper and I can come if you need us!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 7, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9327468

Howdy!

What a long day! I sat in a conference room squinting at the screen trying to read waaaay small print. Gave me a headache so I bowed out of dinner with the gang. They won't miss me.

I can't believe the big storm heading to the battered NJ/NY area! I hope you get supplies tomorrow morning Loretta! Best not to wait.

Dianne - could you have an absess near your inner ear?

I did read all your posts but need to close this up. Have a good night!
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 7, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9327522

Tam, My girls talked to their sister in CT, they have 8 inches of snow at about 7:00 tonight and it is still falling! Said it took her 2 hours to drive about 10 miles home and is a mess. The twigs and sticks are freezing on the roadway mess from the storm and causing it to make worse.

BonnieB, that sounds like a good idea. I don't have neighbors that would do something like that...not neighborly at all.

Everyone stay safe. Loretta I hope you don't loose power again in this cold!! Bundle up!

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2012
4:24 AM

Post #9327642

morning everyone

s and a
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2012

Post #9327665

I still have power--yippee! I saw on the news last night that some people on LI got their power back yesterday and 4 hours later it went out again. I'm going to get gas for the first time since Sandy. Then I'm going to work. What I will be doing - I don't know.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9327698

Good morning, it is really frosty here this morning, with the ground looking like a light covering of snow. The sun is out so hopefully it will warm up and again be a very nice day.

Nothing on my agenda today, so maybe I can make another attempt at cleaning/straightening the attic. We will see.

Elsie, I read in the paper where the north/northeast has snow. I surely know that you all are tired of the wicked weather.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #9327709

another gray cold morning, no rain nor snow.
forecast calls for sunny and 50, time will tell.

no real plans either - yesterday I began cleaning out drawers.
I actually have 1 empty one in the bathroom and 1 in my bedroom.
I began looking for something that I used on my 2010 cruise, and have not seen since...
hence the cleaning... I think I need to become a minimalist...
gonna post a bunch of stuff on freecycle when i go thru it all.
and clothing to donate.

Have to say... DH deals with the attic... it's all his crap up there ... well, really - I have no idea what's up there.

elsie - so glad to hear you have power -- how awful would it be to be without for 8+ days, then lose it again due to another storm.
Wonder what happened to have pissed off Mother Nature so much.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 8, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9327730

Temp is 29...feels like 24. Brrrr!!! Cold one!

Elsie, so glad your power is still one. Safe travels for gas and work!!! I am sure there is a weeks worth of mail for you to go through.

I was going to Rochester to have lunch with DH but back spasms are too much today...so need to take meds and relax it.

Shannon had to work til 11:00 last night and back in at 8:00 this morning, so she stayed at big sisters house last night. Shane is still sleeping, came
home about midnight. At least he has been coming home during the week...so that gives me some comfort and peace.

Going to get my coffee...be back in a bit

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9327758

I am going to be off line for some time, as the phone company is fixing the cable the yard guys killed yesterday.

Back later I hope

Sandy and Andre who is supervising the work

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9327778

hot diggity... I found what i was looking for... it was shoved in a bag of bags/purses... just glad I did not lose it.
It's one of those water proof waist bag/pouch things you put your wallet/money/cc in while snorkeling. Need it for this next vacation.

Ugggg - can't believe it's almost 9:30 and i really have not done squat today ... been looking at houses in FLA and got some useful info from Sandy on plants in FLA.
Think i'm mentally getting ready to move...

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 8, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9327824

Good morning!

Sandy - sorry about the troubles with your phone & neighbors cable!

Debbie - hope that back calms down for you

BonnieB - I do potluck dinners with 2-3 other couples *theoretically* once a month. We've gotten so its more like once every 2-3mo but its always fun. I like it 'cause I can try out new recipes for things like appetizers or desserts that I don't want to have around long. I've also tried some fun main dish recipes but try not to experiment too much there 'cause I don't want a hungry group of friends (if it doesn't work).

Terese - you did a lot from the sounds of it! I have such a hard time getting rid of stuff. I need to be in the right mood or I just can't get myself to put it in a give-away or throw-away box! We so need to clean out the attic, the spring house and the closets. BTW - you are way too young to be preparing for a move when you are 55!

Elsie - so glad your power stayed on line! Bring some knitting and hope the phones are still routed over to the doctors office. :-)

Dianne - my DSIL had vertigo too. It was some sort of crystals in her ears or something. She said they put her on a big table that could rotate all sorts of ways. Whatever they did addressed the problem. She's had horrendous issues with back (3 surgeries), shoulders (2 surgeries), knees (no surgeries but lots of pain), blood clots etc but said the vertigo was the worst thing of all. She said you simply can do nothing when you get an attack. Sure hope they solve this for you!!!

Vicki - are all the decorations at work getting you in the mood for Christmas? It still blows my mind that you decorated before Halloween!

Melva - I hope those itchies are damping down for you! Do you have any squash yet?

Gary said we just had a light dusting of snow. Its supposed to be in teh high 50's here and then get in that range at home this weekend. I feel like I'm blessed with the good weather following me!

Have a great day everyone!
Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2012
8:41 AM

Post #9327856

Tam,

my youngest will graduate 12/2014 - hopefully he will be able to find a decent paying job...
then we plan to put the house on the market -- by that time, our real estate tax bill will be 10-11k
THAT is why we are 'retiring'. With DH"s forced retirement due to disability [though he still gets a paycheck from SWA, it's not what it used to be] so we just can't afford this area anymore.

we will do the snow bird thing... We have pretty much chosen FLA for a few reasons... being near cruise ports, no income tax and certainly warmer winters.
We both have been in Itasca since the 60's so it will be hard to leave that behind... but Jimbo should be married, [May of 2014] and Alex off on his own ...
so -- time to move on... Oh and I will be 49 then... close enough ;-)

Well -- I'm still riding the bike daily, trying to keep in the fitness frame of mind... it's just not easy.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9327941

We have had quite a bit of squash...Phil made squash burritoes using our squash and peppers and they were excellent They are predicting Monday night to be down to 27...may be the end of the squash. I am going to try to cover them and the tomatoes and peppers too..but sometimes that doesn't help much...May be just time to say good bye I have small plants of broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts to go in their spots (the squash)
Elsie, I am so glad you have power...can't imagine doing without for very long.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #9327944

Melva -- hope you are able to save your garden ... I do enjoy a good squash, but no one else in the family does, so I don't get it often enough.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 8, 2012
11:22 AM

Post #9327980

What kind of squash is it you grew? I have a great recipe for yellow squash/summer casserole. The kids just love it and it is simple.

I am wrapped in a blanket and fighting a nap as I took a percocet for my back.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2012
11:25 AM

Post #9327984

hope you feel better soon Debbie... not much worse than back troubles.

~~ I should run to the store, pick up a few items for soup I want to make... Or tackle the closet...
decisions decisions...

still gray and cold...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2012
1:36 PM

Post #9328121

I am going to close down here, might be back later or might not be back for a day or two.
They are out there working on the phone cable again. The ding bats this morning fixed up some of us but did not fix up everyone

Besides I hurt and am sleepy.

By everyone

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 8, 2012
1:43 PM

Post #9328126

Take care Sandy! Hope its not too long.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9328146

Gee - one day of work and I'm just whipped. It was freezing there. The big cheese had a work light on his hat and a battery powered heated vest. They brought a lunch for everyone this week except for today. hmmm So even though we have been told the office was closed - they were expecting us to come in anyway. I had 50 voice mails and no internet to check on subscriptions. Very difficult to feel productive. I brought home some advertising work to do. Chloe will be helping me - it's tearing pages out of the magazine to send to the advertiser. hehe I won't be back to work until Monday - it's too cold. they had two kerosene heaters in one department but none in our area.

There are a rather large group of co-workers in different areas who won't have power until after Thanksgiving.

I got gas for the first time this morning - I was the only one there.

I'm very glad to be home. Chloe has her belly full so all is well.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #9328229

The squash is zuchinni..an Italian heirloom and the other is what is commonly referred to as Mexican squash...not sure where it came from..it was supposed to all be the heirloom squash...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9328397

Good evening.

Elsie, sounds like the office experience was miserable. Why go in to work when you can bring work home, and stay warm and also EAT! Now what were they thinking, that you would volunteer your time and they wouldn't even have to feed you? Sheeesh. Glad that Chloe is all comfy with you there. She is going to get used to you being there every day, and won't want you to leave her.

Debbie,sorry about your back. Hope that it feels better tomorrow. I would have just given in to the nap and maybe someone would have been interested enough in making dinner tonight.

Terese, you are surely making plans for the retirement move. Don't blame you for wanting a different place to be warm, close to cruise ports, and no income tax. Sounds good to me. I can't believe you still have years to go before you will be old enough to retire. Sheesh, makes me feel like an old woman.

Melva, squash sounds good. We are having our winter squashes now. I made a dish of baked cushaw last night, the night before I had acorn squash, have sweet potatoes a couple times a week, and having baked pears a lot too. DH just loves them. After typing that, it is all winter food. Well, feels like winter here.

Vicki, hope that you are keeping warm and trying to work outside. Those morning temps sure sound chilly. It was in the low 30's here this morning, and the ground looked like a light snow the frost was so heavy.

Sandy, sure hope that this time the workers get it right and everybody in the neighborhood has telephone/internet service. Bet Andre really doesn't care about the internet!

Bonnie, sure hope things are going well for you.

Dianne, so tell us what happened at the Dr's office. Did you get some meds to try for the vertigo, or whatever it is? I am hoping that your Dr will aggressively look to see what this is and to try to get it under control

I cleaned cabinets, drawers and cleaned the refrigerator today. Evidently a lot to do, as it took me several hours. I know it is done, but no one else will know or care. That is what is so discouraging about house work. I did a load of laundry too. See, I was busy most all day, but to look at things nothing looks different.

On that depressing note, I am heading to bed to read some.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9328405

I did manage to get rid of a few things on Free Cycle today... YAY... just stuff that has been collecting dust and hopefully a bedspread tomorrow.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 8, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9328425

My backs been a mess since surgery last year, some days are easier than others and I do not want to be dependent on meds...so I try and ignore.
I think the last couple cold bitter days just froze up and caused the spasms. Doing better tonight...thank you!

Didn't get a nap but DH did say to order dinner because it is pay day.

Tomorrow is supposed to warm up...sure hope it does for you too and "the neighborhood" of NJ & NY Elsie! I wouldn't go into work in those conditions
either.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2012
3:23 AM

Post #9328541

Morning everyone, 38 degrees this morning.

Debbie I know what you mean about the cold

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 9, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9328610

Sandy your temp is the same as ours! Just not right!

Great picture!

I am up and on the run, going to Rochester for the first time in weeks. DD's (the childs) birthday is Tuesday and I am limited on when I can go out
so today is the day. Sigh.

Tam, safe travels home! I know the kitties are waiting patiently for you!

Elsie, enjoy your day at home...and stay warm! Share the love with Chloe.

Vicki, I am skipping breakfast. Meeting DH for lunch and not wanting to over do it, so will have half a bagel on way to Roch.

Waving to Bonnie, Melva, Bonnie B, Terese and everyone...

I have to move or I am going to fall asleep again!

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 9, 2012
5:38 AM

Post #9328618

Morning! Coffee almost gone. Half to find breakfast soon.

Debbie have a good trip.

Outside work is pretty much done. Just cleanup that can be done as long as it is dry.

Keep getting offers on line to order plants/bulbs and so far I am resisting them. Pat on back inserted!

I am going to go and judge some pictures.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 9, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9328635

Thanks, I am stalling as I have to put gas in the car...and it is still cold out there! LOL

OK, off and running...honest I am!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9328652

Up and looking out the window, another frosty morning. Casper has already come to the door for his breakfast, but Mr. B is still in bed.

Don't know what my day will be, but am heading to get dressed and will decide then.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2012
7:31 AM

Post #9328742

I'm about to leave the hotel for the airport.

Debbie- Gary said Zephyr is really missing my lap. I'm sure I'll have to sit down as soon as I get in the house to make her happy. :-)

Have a great day everyone!
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 9, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9328749

Safe trip Tam. My the week has gone fast for me. Hope it did for you also!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 9, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9328755

Hi everyone! Yesterday we had an issue with some of the doggies... the neighbor's female Romanian Shepherd dog, Fira, was acting weird, cuddling in holes which she was digging next to the fence in their yard, and she brought the toys in there. I went to check on her, to see if she is sick or something and she grabbed my finger...not a real bite, but she acted agressive, which wasn't like her. The neighbor took her to the vet and guess what? She thought she had babies and was looking for a nest...haha!! Poor girl! She will be OK now. Before that, the neighbor went out with Fira to walk her on the filed and fell in a ditch, hurting his left shoulder. He came daily at our place for an ice massage. Yesterday he had to get Ionut to help him get Fira in the car and all the way to the vet. But she was calm.
Trica acted weird too, cuddling outside and he wouldn't come to eat...not like him! So I checked on him and saw an injury and a bite on his foot...nothing serious, he must have been in a fight with the "other gang"..."their gang" "controlls" about 3/4 of the street, from the back and the "other gang" "controlls" the front!LOL When they come to walk us when we leave some fights may occur, but usually they stay each on their teritory.

Elsie, you are a trooper indeed! Better come and work at home if you don't have all the comfort there. Chloe is very happy, I'm sure! Stay well, sweetie, thinking of you and sending hugs.

(((((((((Dianne)))))))))), I'm sorry you are so sad for the 6 months anniversary. Is your sleeping pill making his duty? How is our boy? Is he grown as big as your bed yet?LOL

BonnieB, how nice to have such good neighbors! YUmmy, such good meals! You are so busy and do so much work all the time!

Have to go, I have work to do...at th\e office!!!! Waving to all. Talk to you later.

Adina

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 9, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9328759

Safe travels Tam!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9328764

that week did go fast... Safe travels Tam.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #9328774

Safe travels Tammy!

It's supposed to be pretty nice weather into next week. I am sure the sunshine will be welcome to so many people. A NY politician said

I got the remainder of my trash out. It seems like a ton - they didn't pick it up last week. Something reeks in the kitchen and I am hoping it was the trash. I think it might be a really stupid mouse that thought the inside of the house was warmer than outside. I haven't found anything yet.

I need to get back to work.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #9328862

Looks like my flight will be delayed. Bummer. I brought plenty to eat and read so. Will be fine

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2012
11:50 AM

Post #9328987

Tammy, I hope your wait isn't too long. You are returning to some decent weather.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9329250

FREE TO A GOOD HOME
1 Elderly lady who forgets to lock a pet gate and is to lazy to take trash to the kitchen
1 DOG who gets into said trash.

Sandy and that dog

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2012
5:28 PM

Post #9329267

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9329308

Sandy, so sorry that I haven't said before, but you are taking some beautiful pictures. Love the sunsets. We had a gorgeous one yesterday.

Well, did some bills and made some calls today and found out that the laminate flooring that I thought Lowes had ordered back the first of October would be here this week, found out today that it WASN"T EVEN ORDERED. Talk about being mad, I sure am. Went to the store tonight, told them to cancel the order, and I wanted some compensation for my time and for the interest that would probably be charged on my Lowes credit card. Got 10% off the total order for my time and trouble. Was satisfied with that. Now will just probably wait until next spring to have it done, as it would require the doors to be open and workers going in and out, and just too cold or too close to winter to do that.

DH is watching Kentucky basketball, his winter pass time.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2012
4:03 AM

Post #9329458

New Thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1287417/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America