Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Time to give thanks for food!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Coming from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280602/

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

With power outage it threw off the timer on our household water filter, so it was cleaning it just as we were going to make dinner so I couldn't run any water
We were going to have pierogies hubby ended up making cheese steaks

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

What kind of filter has a timer?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It's the newer filters for our well water, the kind that don't need salt

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Yum I love perogies!
Hubby had a meatball sandwich I had eggplant parm.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

we had a TGIF party with church people and other friends. Pot luck is great!
DH made Pumpkin Lasagna. lots of people loved it.

This message was edited Nov 2, 2012 8:51 PM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Goes to show I don't have a clue about wells

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Wells are a menance especially to a public business. In NH the NHES ( nh environmental safety) has controll on testing the water. 2 times a year you have to do a basic test that runs around 300 bucks for bacteria's. Then once a year comes the big one where they look to see the levels of Iron, copper, bla bla bla. This test runs around 700 bucks.

Even business with city fed water has to do tests to see if mold, alegea or anything is collecting on public faucets or drinking fountians.

arghh - gotta go to work and fluff flowers.

Thomaston, CT

Pumpkin lasagna sounds great to me, Jumper.....my brother brought over a pizza, & saved me from cooking another meal....

Thomaston, CT

Today made pork roast with sauerkraut, applesauce, butternut squash....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Escarole and beans, crusty Italian bread.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Was nice to sit in a place with lights today for lunch.. We went to panara .. Nice to use the netbook we have on the wifi there

Thomaston, CT

I like Panera...it's always way crowded around here...had chili and salad today...

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

on my own tonight, I'm thinking grilled cheese sandwich

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

DDIL made chili tonight. We had a Trunk or Treat event in the church parking lot so we had the chili afterward. A friend and I had made up 150 bags of goodies. We ran out. So glad someone else had lots of extras to share. We had 16 cars lined up and also had hot dogs and drinks. We served over 200 hot dogs. It was fun, but very cold. I wore lots of layers.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My daughter and I went out for about 45mins, we usually go to our friends' house on the other side of town cause the houses are closer together but they said there was no one out over there.
For the first time in YEARS I had White Castle

Thomaston, CT

Looking at the next storm & my empty freezer.....will be expecting my family here again if power is lost, so I better stock up today....

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

My turn to cook, so it was back to the Easy Chinese book. Deep-fried Lemon Chicken, Sichuan Green Beans and steamed rice. Turned out surprisingly well, although again I dirtied a lot of dishes during prep. Made Ghiardelli brownies for dessert (I know, its not Chinese, but its better than fortune cookies!).

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

that drives me crazy when have to use all the pans and bowls for prep work

Thomaston, CT

I always buy the Ghiradelli mixes...taste better than my homemade.....I really like lemon chicken....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

tacos tonight

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

grilled cheese (blame whoever had it a few days ago) and tomato soup

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I love tomato soup and grilled cheese
I make brownies from scratch using Ghiradelli chocolate, I wonder how the mix compares

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

pasta, wax beans, salmon

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I can test the results Deb

;)

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

pork steaks tonight.

sorry Allison, it was me.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that's ok.. it was good

:)

Thomaston, CT

Since Mom is here again, made our meal at lunchtime....baked chicken, sweet potatoes, asparagus.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Braciole and stuffed shells.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

baked ham and mashed taters

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yum

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

DW made chicken salad with grapes, apple, kale, nuts.

Thomaston, CT

Love braciole!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

me too!!.. I never made it.. but love it

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

It was good! So tender from simmering in the sauce all day!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

yummmmmmmmmm

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

I'd never heard of braciole, but you got me curious so I looked it up. Sounds good! Wikipedia says it's called involtini when wrapped around little bundles of cheese and stuff. How did you fix it Ronnie?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nothing fancy Don, flattened a bit more than the store cut, added parmesan cheese, oregano, crushed red pepper (we like it a bit spicy) lots of shopped garlic and salt, rolled it and tied it and browned in olive oil on all sides. Simmering in your favorite tomato sauce makes it tender and melt in your mouth good. My MIL used to stuff hers with an egg, bread mixture years ago, I never cared for the stuffing part so, eliminated that.

Thomaston, CT

I buy mine at the grocers...they put fresh spinach in it.....I also simmer in tomato sauce & red wine......

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Wild cod and scallops, Brussel sprouts, peas, tater tots

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.