Winter landscapes Part 2

Perth, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

Bit of an early start for snow pictures but theres been quite a bit on the hilltops here in Scotland (2nd November)
This follows on from the previous winter thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1065574/

Took these yesterday on the hills above Loch Turret, at about 2500ft there was a lot of snow. (still falling as rain lower down)
Loch Turret, Choinneachain Hill nearing the summit, summit cairn, patterns in the snow formed by the wind.

Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh

Some from the recent snow we had here at the start of December (all gone now)
Benji on a walk, highland cattle and couple of views from Glen Turret.

Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Nice selection of snow pictures, DMersh ... the one of Benji on the little bridge is especially lovely! No snow at all in my neck of the woods.

PERTH, Australia

Wonderful shots, DMersh. How I'd love just 15 minutes of that cool air.

Thanks, its actually really mild here for January - 11C/43farenheit, though had some hill snow last Sunday. it must be scorching down there, middle of your summer.
Benji seems to like the snow, he hates rain though!

Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh
PERTH, Australia

We had a run of extremely hot days over the Christmas/New Year period. 40C+ most days. Cooler the last couple, but heading into more heat by the weekend. South Australia and Victoria and New South Wales are copping the heat at the moment.

some here of the hills around Crieff, quite well covered at the moment

Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Oooh, so pretty ... and, looks so cold!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh lovely shots DMersh, I had to put socks on my feet after looking at them. ☺
The little doggy doesn't look too happy about the snow though.

I really like the bridge photo also. We had a streak of about ten days close to 80 degrees here, just now dropped down to cooler temps. Had to wear my long pant on this mornings walk again, and even a light jacket.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.