Photo by Melody

Wildlife: Whats up with my Wild Turkeys?

Communities > Forums > Wildlife
bookmark
Forum: WildlifeReplies: 2, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2012
4:32 PM

Post #9323858

We have huge flocks of wild Turkeys that gather on our hill at night. We often count upwards of 75 before we lose our reference point. At night when they fly into the trees to roost there is a lot of conversation type noise between them.

Yesterday morning I heard a noise from the Turkeys that I have never heard before. They were in the woods on the back of our property and were making a different noise, Very loud and continuous. There were dozens of Turkeys flying from across the road, landing in our pasture and flapping their wings and running into the woods to join the loud group. They acted like something really important was happening. This lasted for almost an hour, with more joining every few minutes. Any of you Turkey experts know what was going on with them?

~ ~ ~ I tried to Google what was going on and got the answer that it was a protest, as I read on they were talking about In Turkey, Not Wild Turkeys. LOL I ruled out a protest.~ ~ ~

Resin

Resin
Northumberland
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2012
4:58 PM

Post #9323869

Mobbing a potential predator, such as a Coyote?

Resin
picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #9323874

Thank you, We do have a lot of Coyote in the area. Have also seen some Bobcats in the past.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Wildlife Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Doing the Bunny Leap Bloomer 5 Apr 6, 2012 10:46 AM
The nicest thing happened in the local Walmart in their greenhouse.............. Merry_Sunshine 2 Apr 6, 2012 10:44 AM
Black Panther at pond BittysGarden 3 Apr 6, 2012 10:56 AM
BIG cat incident lantana 7 May 16, 2012 7:21 PM
I'm A Moose Matador Weezingreens 166 Feb 6, 2014 5:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America