Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Vines and Climbers: Costa rican potato vine

Communities > Forums > Vines and Climbers
bookmark
Forum: Vines and ClimbersReplies: 2, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9323884

I have had this potato vine in my house for around 4 years, and I have no knowledge of what to do for it.It will completly defoliate, and be bare, then it will put out leaves, and just when you think its on its way, it will repeate this process.
It did out grow the pot, that I started it in, and I re potted it in a much larger pot. I have this vine in a deep plant window, and it gets sun, (Morning), but not direct.

I am open to sugestions. I will try for some instructions on this fella, but as of yet I have little instructions. It says it has a lavender flower, and a yellow fruit. So far I have seen neither. Thank you Mike
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2012
6:07 PM

Post #9323914

Do you keep it indoors year round, or does it go outside in the warmer months? If it's indoors all year that may be the problem, I'd try putting it outside during the warm months and just bring it in for the winter. Indoors it can be hard to get enough light for many types of plants to bloom. The fact that it's defoliating also suggests it's not completely happy with the conditions you're keeping it in so you might check on watering, etc as well.
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9323924

Sounds very reasonable. Thank you. Mike

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Vines and Climbers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
air potato - Discorea bulbifera euphorbrom 7 Jun 13, 2012 7:59 PM
Mexican Flame Vine Aimee 11 Jun 25, 2013 8:28 PM
Dutchman's Pipe! golddog 15 Jan 10, 2008 6:14 AM
Speaking of Wisteria... hpluver 27 Jul 10, 2009 11:58 AM
confederate jasmine dixiechick 9 Jun 1, 2008 5:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America