Photo by Melody

Canadian Gardening: November in your neck of the woods .. come chat :-)

Communities > Forums > Canadian Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Canadian GardeningReplies: 146, Views: 639
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 4, 2012
10:39 AM

Post #9324383

Hopefully I moved us over correctly :-)

Happy NOVEMBER everydone !!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 4, 2012
10:42 AM

Post #9324385

We were originally here ...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282840/

~M~

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2012
2:22 PM

Post #9324525

Thanks, Betty.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 4, 2012
2:47 PM

Post #9324547

Yes, moved successfully, Betty!

VAnn - I agree with you on the extra garbage created by the individual servings for each coffee cup...

We got some blackberries yesterday - 12 of 6oz containers for $6.99! We grabbed them, and I'll make some jam or blackberry sauce out of them... yummmmmm!

Bob didn't do well at his bowling tournament this am - he got 22 below his average and needed to be above, to be considered for the Provincials.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 5, 2012
5:28 AM

Post #9325072

Score on the blackberries Susan. Hope your jam or sauce turned out.

Apparently there is a mechanism to decrease the litter from the Keurig, looking into it.

Not a good day for me today. Very a achy and I'm just not into taking more drugs, so I'll be quiet and stew.

Watching the American election buzz closely. Will be watching how Ohio votes as apparently that is the key State

Have a great week

M

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 5, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9325340

I have the blackberries in my porch, where it's much cooler (sheltered, but lightly heated).

a "mechanism" eh, Marilyn? Sounds like a better idea.
I hope you get to "stew" quietly...

I guess the US voting is tomorrow...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 5, 2012
11:12 AM

Post #9325396

Lots of unsettled voters in New York. Am hearing an extra day will be added for them to vote because of the state of their State.

May be a snow storm headed our way getting all the shovels and blowers ready.

Still flat out. :(

M

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 6, 2012
7:07 AM

Post #9325948

Hi all ..

Am going to be more of a 'lurker' for the next little while.
The medication I am taking to HELP me is plain and simply knocking the beejeebers out of me.
My stomach is NOT happy, and sleep is my enemy .. MAJOR insomnia happening ..

I'll write as I can ..

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2012
12:36 PM

Post #9326222

Take care, Marilyn, and God Bless!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 6, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #9326443

"M" understand how difficult it is for you to be up and writting when you feel like "h@&l". Had hoped these meds would be the answer. Sending hugs and prayers

Watching elections as well, I likely pay closer attention to the USA election , find it interesting

Had lost you all, thank goodness I found you all and now back on the radar

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2012
6:44 PM

Post #9326522

yay, you're back, Betty!! lol
I wonder if the election is finished? I don't watch much politics...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 7, 2012
5:05 AM

Post #9326738

I guess Obama and the Democrats are happy today. I wish him and Biden well.

Soldiering here. Biggest goal for today is a shower.. Kinda weakish,good thing there's a shower chair.

Keep smiling

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 7, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9326803

Morning, nice day out there..

Was up watching elections, didn't go to bed until 2:30am, will need a nap today for sure..

"M" do take it easy today..glad you have aids to help, guess you are now sharing with Lorna

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 7, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9326839

Betty, Lorna 's equipment is coming in very handy to say the least.
Accomplished the shower and was going to make a cheesecake pie but no icing sugar. Am sure I have some but where is another question.

Dull and damp here.

Hope everyone has a great day

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 7, 2012
7:38 AM

Post #9326863

Wonderful that you have each other to lean on..
Is Gord still going hunting?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 7, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #9326868

He's wanting to stay back as I have a couple of appts, but, I have said no.
I'll be OK .. have people I can count on if things were to get complicated .. and I'm not expecting that to happen.
Have decided I have let my electrolytes get out of whack, so am sitting up in the kitchen drinking some juice, had a banana as well .. hopefully that'll get me back on track, a bit.

Gord and Lorna are being very considerate of me, but I absolutely HATE feeling this way :-(

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 7, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9326884

You have been there for Lorna, I'm sure she feels as though she is being of value to you. Bet they are watching your every move..

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 8, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9327715

Pretty much being 'hovered over' and even though I appreciate it, I also hate it. I am truly an independent soul .. but, as the days pass me by, I realize I am going to have to accept the hands out ..

ABAnn .. I see Edmonton got pounded with a huge snowstorm .. hope you manage alright.
Susan, did Calgary get snow as well ??
We are being forewarned of a major winter storm due to hit the Thunder Bay region on Saturday. We're ready for it, Lorna and Gordon have gotten the snow blowers out, changed up the oil and spark plugs, plus Lorna is just chomping at the bit to use her 'MULE', they have secured the plow blade on it and it's ready as well ..

Hope everyone enjoys their day

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 8, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9327731

Now you know how Lorna felt "M" and how warm it felt in heart when you were able to do something for her..your turn now, know it's done out of love. Rest and maybe take up a new hobby!

was -6 this morning, calling for double digit temps for the next 3 or 4 days..should be home getting things done but it's Christmas Shopping weekend for me, a friend and 2 SIL's, can't say no to that lol
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 8, 2012
11:16 AM

Post #9327971

"M" Ditto on Betty's advice. You are a caregiver and not a care getter! Just like my Mom! and my MIL. Get into your new "normal" and things will be better. I bet Lorna feels good being able to help, would it be easier if you looked at it from her perspective? At any rate I hope your pain is easing as that would be nasty.

Thanks for asking about the weather. Got Slamed yesterday about 8 inches on top of almost bare yards. Lilac's bent to the ground with weight as they still had their leaves and the wet snow stuck to them like glue. Work had trucks stuck all over and in the ditches, pretty much shut us down. Got to go home 30 minutes early as most other folks live far away and I'm only 7 minutes on a good day. Traffic was lite at 4 pm.
Hubby did snow blowing up and down the neighborhood , thank goodness for a small snowblower!
Work is slow today so am catching up. Temps are dropping and travel is not advised. Cookie baking weather!
Alberta Ann

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 8, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9328016

WOW .. 8" of snow!!! That sure is plenty enough to cause havoc. I wonder if that's what's coming our way .. as I type this, Lorna and Gord are outside putting up a 'shelter' for her Mule .. it was on sale at Canadian Tire today and since I think my shopping is going to be done mostly online, I just told her 'MERRY XMAS' buy the enclosure .. every so often I peak out and see some progress. Gord is not a patient man, but, Lorna is quite calm and methodical .. so .. it's coming together, albeit slowly :-)

Trying to become used to being cared for, doesn't come easy to me .. but I'm trying.
Was laying on the bed, reached to get the heating pad and inadvertently UNPLUGGED it from the power bar which is way under the bed .. so .. will have to wait for someone to re plug me LoL

Hope you get to bake some cookies ..

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2012
11:51 AM

Post #9328018

ABAnn - I SAW how you were slammed yesterday!! Are you dug out now? And I'll bet it came with cold... brrrrr There were a lot of vehicle accidents reported too...

We've got the light fluffy stuff, but with a wind, and predicted to be 15 to 25 cm...about a foot. Still, less than Edmonton got! Theirs looked like snowball snow, and if it's in the trees, I imagine a lot of broken limbs too... right?
Thank goodness for your DH and his snowblowing. He's a "snow angel" for many people, obviously.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2012
11:52 AM

Post #9328020

~M~ get used to be cared for - it's lovely, and you're worth the pampering, for all you do and have done in the past!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 8, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9328036

Omg AlbertaAnn, hard to believe you've already got that much snow..yep cooking and baking time! They are calling for double digit temps here, I'd better enjoy.

Should call my plowman, he knows he does my yard but just to make sure if I'm away he plows.

I'm sure Lorna is thrilled with her Christmas gift..we are not children, when it's something we really like, hey, why wait. They were saying many are using on-line shopping, getting bargains galore.

I still enjoy the going out and looking for that something special, cold/stormy doesn't matter.

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2012
1:59 PM

Post #9328135

Ooh and my DH is in Edmonton w/o boots! His cousin lives there and after a short meeting in Calgary, he went to Edmonton to help his cousin go through their late aunt's belongings, most of which Sandy just packed up and took home. He's got a flight back to Ottawa tonight.
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 8, 2012
2:23 PM

Post #9328148

ViolaAnn He will know to check the flight schedule, right? It has started snowing again and that's not the big problem today, its the moist snow that has frozen. Very slippery everywhere. Even when you get the snow cleared it has left a sheet of ice. I went around my yard last night with a broom to bump the trees so they would dump the snow that bent them to the ground. Would have been a funny Utube. I got covered!

Got a small batch of Chocolate chip done last night but one of these days it will be Christmas bake time. I do that in bulk with a neighbor. We end up almost killing our selves but it's worth it as all my baking gifts will be done.
Yep winter is here
Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 8, 2012
2:57 PM

Post #9328172

surely it's not there to stay??

Aunt Muriel gave me two recepies, wanted to make them while she visited last night but forgot to get 1/2 of the supplies, so will have to be another day.

ViolaAnn, am sure your hubby will be glad to get home to almost summer temps. Lol overwhelming going through someone's belongings..

suzanne has been doing that the last few nights..thing is a lot of it you wonder why on earth they kept it but realize its a treasure from someone special.

Got Stokes seed catalogue today..bit early don't you think..will go through it and ohhh and ahhhh

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9328237

I don't think the snow is here to stay in Calgary - ours disappears pretty fast because of the Chinooks.
Don't know when we're getting another one though. Last one got rid of our last snow storm week & a half ago.
lol AbAnn - picturing the snow "klumping" down on you - where was that camera when we needed it, in VAnn's DH's hands? LOL

VAnn - he'll be happy to get out of the Edmonton snow!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 9, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9328746

Watching the weather channel and the snow reports from Alberta. Looks so frigid I guess if you ski you would be joyous!
Thunder Bay is expected to get maybe 5cm on Saturday should be easy to deal with.

Don't want to jinx myself, but, my right hip is a bit less painful today. Fingers crossed the medication is working after 2 weeks. But I I know it'll take a month or more for the full effect.

TGIF

M

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 9, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9328754

So glad your hip is feeling better (don't want to jinx it either however...)
Heading out to get some bloodwork, ordered by my new Dr.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 9, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9328775

Gorgeous out there this morning, cool but promising to have double digits..will enjoy..leaving for Buffalo with 2 SIL's and a friend for Christmas Shopping weekend, brought a light jacket so here's hoping they are right or I'll surely freeze.

"M" nice to know you aren't in severe pain today..just do not overdo, easy to do and then pay the rest of the day.

Susan, glad the new Doctor is keeping on top of things.

Was in bed before 6:00pm last night and still tired..thought I'd catch up on sleep because I know with the girls there will be little of that..they even look for store open 24/7!!

I'm pretty much done but always nice to find the unusual..

When I get home I will have to go in search of a new mattress,either that or if I find a good 3" memory foam buy it..woke up in such pain..think the fibers of the mattress are weak and I'm feeling the metal coils, maybe its them putting pressure on nerves..got to look after that for sure..

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 9, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9328807

Susan, do drive carefully your roads look treacherous.

Trust me Betty, I am cooling my jets don't want to pay dearly for the reprieve
Hope you have a fun weekend shopping, should look for the memory foam there.

M

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 9, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9328891

~M~ I didn't drive, Bob did, and yes it's treacherous out there...

OMGosh my new Dr sure requested a LOT of tests... all fluids (have to return with some, later), and an EKG. Guess I can cancel my cardiologist app't of Nov 29th then, cuz it's DONE today...
And so quickly too!! As the technician said, "he asked for everything".
I see my Dr on the 19th for a complete physical now. I'm impressed!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 9, 2012
10:22 AM

Post #9328906

Great Susan..hopefully you will have answers to your health issues.

Just what I needed "M" an e-mail from Khols saying extra discount tonight-open until midnight and open tomorrow morning at 6a.m. lol Will check for the memory foam, if it's more $$ than here than I shall wait until I get home..not likely have a lot of room in the car with 4 women and their luggage..ohhh maybe I could sit on it..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 9, 2012
10:28 AM

Post #9328912

I know my "heart" issues are related to drinking those energy drinks...won't catch me having them anymore!!!!!! My heart is juuuuuust fine, but I appreciate my Dr checking!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 10, 2012
4:40 AM

Post #9329468

Have never drank an energy drink, in fact I don't even drink coffee as I dislike the "speed up ' it gives me.
You're wise to avoid them.

Waiting for the snow /freezing rain to hit. Looks imminent according to the radar.

One step at a time today.

Enjoy your weekend

M

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 10, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9329547

Happy birthday to VIOLIST. :)

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9329555

Happy birthday to VIOLIST who is enjoying a BEACH birthday. :)

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 10, 2012
12:34 PM

Post #9329741

Happy Birthday, Violist!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 11, 2012
3:29 AM

Post #9330091

Morning all,

Remembrance Day, time to reflect and say a prayer of thanks for those who have and do protect our freedom ..feeling safe is due to their courage!

happy belated birthday Violist!!

Hope the weather for most of you is as nice as it has been here..actually shopped all day with no coat. Sure hooe you didn't get the freezing rain..

Got to tell you, won't feel badly about NOT shopping for awhile, I am shopped out.
Managed to get 4" memory foam topperm sure hope it does the trick, suitcase full Christmas fabrics, rotating Christmas tree stand ( wasn't it I who said didn't even know if I wanted to decorate this year? few Christmas pressies for the boys anfpd boy, did I spend my allowance!

Listening to 3 women snore in unison, rather listen to them than get them up early and have to shop for another 6 hours..I'd say this weekend we non stop shopped
17 hours..boo to the stores that are open until midnight and to the 24/7 big box stores.

I am hoping that once we go to other end of town for breakfast and a few stores, back to a few miles from border so they can pick up those ' I should have bought' item that we can start for home around 5 or so but hoping it will be earlier..3 1/2 hr drive..

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 11, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9330120

Sounds as if you have had a very 'SHOPFULL' weekend Betty. I'd be with you though re going home earlier .. enjoy breakfast :-)

I am UP here, and, will remain so .. I SO want to go to the Remembrance Day ceremony in the city, but, I do think that that would be pushing it .. I'll watch it on the tellie.

Damp and dreary day .. snow did not amount to much .. rained (profusely) during the night .. with some thunder.

Hope everyone has a good day ..

Lest we forget !

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 11, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9330317

Was VERY impressed with the CBCs coverage of the Remembrance Day Ceremonies in Ottawa.
Shed a tear or three for sure when I watched the interview with the Silver Cross Mother.

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 11, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9330475

We had a very moving service at the Church. Girl Guides did the Opening, and Closing, with the flags. One of our congregation did a reading from a book by a Canadian author who was 7 yo at the time of WWII, and her remembrances. It shows how children are affected... she remembers an aunt housing children from Britain who had to come to Canada, and missed their parents who stayed behind... Everyone is affected by war.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 11, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #9330522

Just got home, walked in, filled the tub, set the memory pad on the bed and guess who will be laying on it shortly?

Sorry that with all the road running I didnt get Remembrance Day telecasts, perhaps on evening news, just hope I can stay awake for it.

Sure hope "M" that you were able to be up for a few painless hours..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 12, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9331181

I rather like this - I got it in email today...

Christmas 2012 --Birth of a New Tradition

As the holidays approach, the giant foreign factories are kicking into high gear to provide Canadians with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods --merchandise that has been produced at the expense of Canadian labour.
This year will be different.
This year Canadians will give the gift of genuine concern for other Canadians. There is no longer an excuse that, at gift giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by Canadians hands.
Yes there is!

It's time to think outside the box, people. Who says a gift needs to fit in a shirt box, wrapped in foreign produced wrapping paper?

Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates from your local Canadian hair salon or barber?

Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.

Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small, Canadian owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.

Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plonking down the dollars on a foreign made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful gift receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or driveway ploughed all winter, or games at the local golf course.

There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint. Remember, folks this isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting your home town Canadian with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.

How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or motorcycle, done at a shop run by the Canadian working person?

Thinking about a heartfelt gift for Mom? Mom would LOVE the services of a local cleaning lady for a day or a treatment at the local spa.

My computer could use a tune-up, and I KNOW I can find some young guy who is struggling to get his repair business up and running.

OK, you were looking for something more personal. Local crafts people spin their own wool and knit them into scarves. They make jewellery, and pottery and beautiful wooden boxes.

Plan your holiday outings at local, owner operated restaurants and leave your server a nice tip. And, how about going out to see a play or ballet at your home town theatre.

Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands.

Honestly, people, do you REALLY need to buy another ten thousand foreign made lights for the house? When you buy a five dollar string of lights, about fifty cents stays in the community. If you have those kinds of bucks to burn, leave the mail man, trash guy or babysitter a nice BIG tip.

You see, Christmas is no longer about draining Canadian pockets so that China can build another glittering city. Christmas is now about caring about us, encouraging Canadian small businesses to keep plugging away to follow their dreams. And, when we care about other Canadians, we care about our communities, and the benefits come back to us in ways we couldn't imagine.

Forward this to everyone on your mailing list -- post it to discussion groups -- throw up a post on Craigslist in the Rants and Raves section in your city -- send it to the editor of your local paper and radio stations, and TV news departments. This is a revolution of caring about each other, and isn't that what Christmas is about?

BUY CANADIAN - BE CANADIAN

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 12, 2012
12:20 PM

Post #9331289

Excellent Susan..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 12, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #9331343

yeah, 'tis!

I'm learning how to use the Health Walker that our neighbour gave me - kewl as dirt (from one gardener to a whole bunch of others!!)

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 12, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #9331366

I do try to buy local stuff,or, Canadian made. Can sure be a challenge.

How did the memory foam work Betty? My friend, Joanne loves hers.

Susan, is the health walker like a treadmill?

Not a good day discomfort wise.. Getting used to it.

M

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 12, 2012
1:50 PM

Post #9331373

It has pedals that I put my feet on and swing forward & back, with handles that move with the pedals, sorta like snowshoeing with poles - same type of movement.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 12, 2012
3:03 PM

Post #9331441

sorry "M" that today isn't a good day for you..think weather isn't helping..know my headaches this week is part and parcel due to it!

Susan, do you need this piece of equipment ?? Or are you preparing for the future? Lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 12, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9331658

oh my... do I need it? YES! I was exercising today, and boy did I realize I was out of shape!! Good thing it was free-to-me, eh?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 13, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9332216

"Free to you" is always a bonus Susan .. hope you enjoy the exercise ..

Gorgeous sunny/cool (cold) day here .. I actually was able to walk from the house to the garage and back .. about knackered me .. but, it was my goal .. that and my shower ..
Am doing some fairly low impact exercises for osteoarthritic hips .. I watched this woman doing Yoga on You Tube and thought what the heck .. anything to help me get some mov't back on the right side ..

Don't know why I am so interested in the 'Petraeus affiar' in the US. Guess I just can't understand how he could sully such a stellar career by not keeping his pants zipped !!

Hope everyone is doing well

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 13, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9332227

Petraeus affair? I hadn't heard about it... maybe I don't want to? LOL Oh wait... yes I heard something on the radio this am - talk show hosts mentioned it. Boy, it really must have been something, to cross over to our border...!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 13, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #9332270

"M" if it's cool but sunny you must have sent the overcast sky and snow..
low impact should be all you are doing..let's hope it's not more than you should be doing. Terrible how much pain you've been in..

Had to stop into dealership this a.m., thank goodness I was early, icon came on the car, I stopped and looked at the manual, thought it meant 'brakes' but attendant said it was air pressure..filled the tires, I asked why on earth would my tires need air, all 4..said the cold deflates..guess he was right because the minute he put air, no danger icon

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 14, 2012
5:08 AM

Post #9332763

Arggggggggggggg .. those 'icons', or, as my brother calls them "money lights".
My Toyota Corolla seemed to have the same anomaly as yours Betty. About every 2 weeks to a month the little light would come on to fill the tires, just ONE tire .. front passenger .. finally, after 3 trips to the dealership, I had them take the tire OFF and check it. Sure enough, I had picked up a nail.
This Rav I drive now has 'nitrogen' in the tires as opposed to plain old air .. don't ask me why that's supposed to be so special, but, it supposedly 'just is' :-)

Up more than down the last few days, hope to keep that up, but, must also factor in the 'pain' variable ..

Gord has just taken the dogs to be groomed, first time ever WITHOUT me along, feel so bad about that .. sure hope they are GOOD in the vehicle !

Have a great Wednesday

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 14, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9332793

Nitrogen??? hmm never heard of that one.

Yes, everytime one of those icons come on you have to hold your wallet tightly to your body, money grabs for sure..not so bad when you have warrantee but lordy I go through the miles so quickly that usually its a payout.

That's positive news "M" your being able to cope a little better with the pain.I'm still aching/paining like crazy in the shoulders, too stubborn to go back to the doctors..perhaps once the Christmas season is behind me.

drats, mom called this morning, she has been in bed with flu since my MIL's funeral..anyway, started to talk about how she'd see if Jim would take her to Buffalo, really??? just took her what 3 weeks ago??? she was going on and on and on, know she was waiting for me to say I would.

Finally I said only weekend I could is Dec.1st and would drive there on Friday night and back Saturday night, need some Sunday's to get things done...and ONLY if no storm is in the offing.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 14, 2012
8:50 AM

Post #9332989

Your mom is obviously loving the trips - gives her an outing with her daughter. I also know it's hard on you Betty...
Is she over the flu bug?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 14, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9333040

She wasn't feeling the best but is much better than she's been all week. I think its the knowledge with her illness that she just can't go and spend the winter in Florida as she used to

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 14, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9333054

yeah, my Mom used to spend a month with her niece, in FL every winter. But that was over 20 years ago...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 15, 2012
7:21 AM

Post #9333746

Sunny and 6C today.
Gordon left at 8am, should arrive in Wisconsin by 3pm.

My parents wintered in Florida for about 15 years. I visited often but never really liked the heat and humidity.

Trying to remain positive and out of bed today. We'll see

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 15, 2012
7:39 AM

Post #9333768

Working from home today and tomorrow

Just having a break and lunch, Lordy when you are up at 5:00 it seems like lunch, tummy thought so as well!

"M" here's hoping his hunting brings mega meat for the freezer..never a wild game meat person, likely all in the mind..think it started when we had stew and dad ended up saying it was rabbit. Yuk..

Weather much the same, if it weren't for the phone I'd be out raking but need to be inside..how come nice weather is always when you have to be inside.

Vacuumed, dusted top floor, brought in a few totes filled with christmas decorations..from time to time I will unpack one that way decorating won't seem as overwhelming.

Got Suzanne's rag quilt done, uhhh she sure picked wild colors, now quilting the 12 placematts I did yesterday..liking them..if I didn't have some from a DG Christmas swap I would make myself a set.

Well, just finished salmon sandwich, kitties are smelling my lunch and want me to share. Lol

If I don't get up right now guess who will do noting all day

Hope "M" you have a good day

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 16, 2012
7:14 AM

Post #9334560

Busy days for you Betty.

Re venison, have multiple ways to cook it so it tastes okay. The ground meat is pretty versatile to use.

Still suffering from the side effects of the medication I am on. Not about to give up on it after having put in 3 weeks.

Hope you all have a great weekend

M
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 16, 2012
11:43 AM

Post #9334724

Hey all
Have some nice sunny days for a little bit.
M, is the medication helping at all? My Husbands family is into the wild meat thing and throughly enjoy a feed
Betty you make me tired just thinking of all the things you are getting up to.
Susan enjoy the exercise!

We have adopted a small family here at work for the Christmas season. Allways makes me feel better about the abundance in my life when there is a difference made to someone elses.

Had some sobering news from my sisters good friend who is battleing terminal Cancer, her fifteen year old daughter has just been diagnosed with two brain tumors that will be surgicaly removed(hopefully) in the next few days. I just don't know what to do with this information... sending my sister loving texts reminding her that Shannon is a warrior, and hugging my family a bit tighter. Counting my blessings X2.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 16, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9334909

Bless you, Ann, for keeping Shannon in loving texts, to your sister.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 18, 2012
5:38 AM

Post #9336036

AbAnn my thoughts are with your sister's friend and daughter. What devastating news.

I did finally have to get off the medication I was on. Stopped it yesterday and am battling a low grade headache and upset stomach no fun at all!!

Enjoy your day

M

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 18, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9336049

Marilyn - get some rest (hopefully you can, with this headache...). Mild soup should help your upset tummy...
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 18, 2012
12:27 PM

Post #9336311

Thanks "M" she is an amazing woman and although it's a big hit she takes a positive attitude and marches on she is such a wonderful role model both for her friends and children.
Medication can be a blessing and a curse. Not nice to feel so miserable either with pain or side effects. Hope it eases soon can you at least nap through some of it?

It's overcast today and we had a small flurry that made another mess of the roads. We are to get more snow on Tuesday I think.

Trying to get ready for a visit to Calgary to have a family meeting to see how we can help Mom with Dad. He is becoming so frail that we don't want to her to become a mess because of spending a ton of energy looking after him. She needs some help so that she can look after herself too. Will be getting together with a friend who is an OT to get some ideas. The fact that they are on an acreage adds a complication but I have smart sisters and with our support Mom will be fine. Did some baking so I can take it down, Dad does like his sweets even if he can't remember what they are called, LOL.
Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 18, 2012
1:24 PM

Post #9336357

what a rough road your friend is travelling ann, you have to wonder how people can be so courageous..will add her and her family to my prayers.

Ann, your dad will be smiling seeing the sweets you are bringing him. So difficult for your mom, a lot of time the caregivers need help more than the individual they care for..great you are having a family meeting and the solution left for one or two to make..

"M", likely you having withdrawals..did you check with your doctor to see if you should get off the meds?

Long day yesterday, 4 stops, crat shows, fabric store and Ganz warehouse..disappointed with all! 12 hours shopping, too much..feeling my age

Tired today, did put up my Christmas tree, few more decorations out, cooked turkey dinner for 10 ?? What's with that, knew only me for supper lol..had a friend drop in, tried to talk her into staying to eat but she had supper cooking as well..

Need to put some empty totes away in back shed, best I do it before it gets too dark then hot bath, feet up and watch a few tv shows then off to bed, another long week!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 18, 2012
1:29 PM

Post #9336361

Sorry to hear about all the stuff needed for your Mom, Ann - of Course she needs to take care of herself, and looking after your dad is hard on her...

Betty - you thought we were coming for dinner, didn't you?!?! LOL Now you have loads of leftovers!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 19, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9337108

Reading through all the posts ... one thing I can say is, 'life evolves, and we revolve with it'.

AbAnn I wish you all the best with your folks, you're lucky to have a family that 'shares and cares'.

Betty .. TWELVE hours of shopping would have finished me .. in fact, ONE hour would finish me right now .. as for the turkey dinner .. like Susan says , LEFTOVERS :-)

I am actually sitting up at my computer right now .. not laying in bed balancing the playbook from hand to hand ..
Have been off the med (wicked stuff) since Saturday. I am hoping I can actually MAKE my family docs appt on Thursday .. the side effects of the med I stopped are a lack of energy and this dang nabbed headache, makes me want to just curl up and cry.
God bless Lorna for being here ... Gord was going to come home, but I would feel SO bad if that happened, he plans this trip for months.

Starting to poop out :-(
Just wanted to letcha know I'm OK ..

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 19, 2012
9:06 AM

Post #9337118

Glad you popped in, Marilyn... not Really OK are you, Marilyn... hope the stopping of the meds will soon get you back to "normal"!!! Y'know those commercials where they says "do not take this medication IF..."? Did you check the side effects, and are these some of them? If they're contra-indicative with some conditions or meds you're already on, then maybe you should not have been on them in the first place...

I agree - one hour of shopping (or maybe 2) would do me in, too!! My Bob is the window-shopper, not me...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 19, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9337122

Glad you posted "M"
Won't be many leftovers after tonight, DIL Melanie is working afternoon shift, called Greg, he and the boys will come for supper..there goes all the leftovers for sure.

Know how you feel about the headache, nothing worse. You just have to make the appt. with family doctor. Wish I had one, feel like two tractor trailers ran me over, can barely stand the pain..actually at lunch am going to pharmacy and check for drugs..need drugs..no laughing matter..lordy I'm tired of headaches and aches..know you know what I mean..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 19, 2012
9:12 AM

Post #9337135

((((((((Betty))))))))))
hope you find the right meds to clear your headaches and pains...

btw - wanna hear something funny?!?! I went to my Drs for a physical, and Forgot that I'd had a hysterectomy about 18 years ago... and agreed to a Pap test LOL Now, how funny is that?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 20, 2012
9:00 AM

Post #9338057

2 schools of thought on PAPs post hyst Susan. If your hyst was a completer hyst (removal of cervix, a PAP is a bit redundant, but, if it was JUST uterus and fallopian tubes .. yes to the PAP.
Now you just have to remember LoL

I am whipped, whacked and wiped today .. AGAIN .. and hopping angry about it .. called to cancel my docs appt on Thursday and started to cry, explained to the receptionist what was happening and she wants me to try my best to get there .. so .. I may have to use Lorna's wheelchair as I get these little fainting spells ..actually they're 'weak spells' .. in fact, I must phone my son and see if he is off Thursday .. perhaps he could take me instead, or, as well.
Otherwise, I am UP .. sitting down, but NOT alying down !!! GAWD that is frustrating, laying in bed and your mind in high gear with thousands of thoughts exploding from one synapse to another.

Betty .. huge hugs lady .. this headache phenomenon is a real downer .. perhaps you need your iron level checked ?

Belong to another forum for arthritis sufferers, thought it would be a downbeat forum, but, I have learned so much from the people on it .. one of which was how potent the drug i WAS on is!!

Have a great day everyone

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 20, 2012
11:51 AM

Post #9338160

Yay!!! Murray will be accompanying me to the doctor, it's his doctor as well so it will be a 'family affair '
Kinda feel better already. :)

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 20, 2012
2:53 PM

Post #9338332

"M" wonderful news that you will have company while going to the doctor's..you poor thing, can't imagine how frustrating it must be..for this to have come on so quickly you just have to wonder..let's hope your family doctor can provide answers and drugs that aren't worse than the illness.

I'm sure I have the flu that everyone has here..seems to last 2 or 3 weeks..some have the vomiting while others headaches and aching bones..don't know which is worse

Was to have met Jeff for dinner tonight but cancelled..

Here it's not 6pm yet and I'm already home, bathed, in my nighty and ready for bed.

Guess this is living on the wild side Lol. NOT!

Weather is keeping near 10c this week, if only it could last at least till Christmas..newscaster was saying how many millions of dollars Toronto saved last year with not clearing snow..doubtful they will have another year of the same

Think a hot chocolate with marshmallows and side plate of toast is in order..was thinking soup but toast is tempting me.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 20, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9338352

LOVE toast, has been my mainstay for the past while, however tonight I made spaghetti, and, I actually ate some.
Sure hope the flu like symptoms subside Betty. Lots of rest is needed.

Re my doctors appointment. Thursday.. I was a bit leary with having just Lorna with me, it's kind of a trek to his office from the parking lot and my stamina level is not fully charged up quite yet.

Awesome temps here as well, would be nice if they'd stick around.

NCIS tonight. :)

Toodles

M
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 20, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9338365

Ladies Ladies, am thinking of you both and hoping there is relief in sight!. It is very important to advocate for your own health when you can so keep challenging the docs so they keep looking/trying things.
Alberta Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 20, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9338367

Marilyn - glad that Murray will be taking you to the Dr. Maybe you should check YOUR iron levels.

btw - had a Total hyst. They had to put 7 hot blankets on me - I went into total cold shock! AND cried like a baby for 3 days... the first week, until the HRT took effect, was terrible! Then, when I was home, my DD said "you wanted hanging plants, you get up on the stool to water them"... Obviously I couldn't climb stairs, stools, or even vacuum for 6 weeks... I went to stay with my Mom for a week, and just sat while she looked after me. My hubby came home and gave our DD "what for". I really SHOULD have remembered it, but it was 18-20 years ago...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 20, 2012
3:24 PM

Post #9338369

Betty - wasn't it this time last year when you had the same thing...for about 3 or 4 months? I remember that nasty "bite" that you thought it was... you still have that scar, don't you?!?!!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 21, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9338926

Yahooooooo! The drug fog has lifted some more... You have no idea how much that means to me.!
I was able to get up this morning and let the dogs out. MYSELF, I didn't have to rely on Lorna to get up and get into her leg and do it. The enclosure has to be checked out for skunks before the dogs are allowed out, better safe than sorry.
Physically and emotionally I feel at least 30% better. Still working on the energy reserves, they're kinda low, but I plan to strip the beds today and put on fresh sheets. Would love to attempt to take the pups for a small walk about the property, they are so missing that one aspect with Gordon away. He walks them daily .
I best listen to my body.

Hope you're feeling better Betty. I am convinced that rest is the ticket to feeling better. :)

Enjoy your day everyone

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 21, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9338974

"M" just thrilled that your having a 'sunshine' day even if the sun isn't out! Let's hope more improvement is on it's way..soon you will be doing the 'happy dance'!

Just took a few pills for muscle pain, put on voltaren, don't feel quite as bad as yesterday..

spoke with DIL and cousin, booked hotel room in Buffalo for Fri.Nov 30th..thought I'd post all the workshop boxes out, do some last minute shopping (people I just realized I should have a little something for) and be back home Saturday night.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 21, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9338996

If you al could see the huge frown on my face right now, you would know I am so disappointed.
I didn't listen to ME, and, I overdid it. :(
I just about fainted getting breakfast together.. All the stuff is sitting on the counter waiting for me to come back.
Bit off more than I could chew.

Voltaren is a good med Betty, you can get it as a topical ointment to rub in as well.

Best be off

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 21, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9339061

Oh no, small steps "M", small steps..

Yes I use the Voltaren cream and love it..immediate release from pain.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 21, 2012
3:08 PM

Post #9339295

I agree with Betty, Marilyn... baby steps - 30% is not 100% better, after all...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 22, 2012
5:06 AM

Post #9339704

Off to the doc's appointment in about an hour. Have not been out of the house for three weeks!
Am hoping all goes well, we'll be going real slow, and, if I have to use the wheelchair, so be it.

Fingers and toes crossed.

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 22, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #9339717

Morning..

Here is hoping your day will go without mishap and yes, what did you tell Lorna, am sure it was "will make things easier for you and it's only for a bit" so in the wheelchair you go..you won't tire as quickly!

Your family must be so concerned

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 22, 2012
12:38 PM

Post #9340008

Well ladies, it has been quite the day.
A 50/50 mix of good and bad, with a dash of surprise thrown in for the heck of it.

I have been diagnosed with PMR http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polymyalgia-rheumatica/DS00441
I happened to mentione to my doc that my jaws hurt when I chewed .. he almost let out a WHOOP !!!!
Murray was sitting beside me and he caught the look as well .. apparently there is a very thin line between diagnosing Rheumatoid Arthritis and PMR .. one of the defining symptoms is the jaw pain.
So .. I am on low dose prednisone for a bit, have had a chest xray, and am being booked for a bone scan
I did use use the wheelchair and was glad I did. My energy level is just not there.

It was SO nice to be OUT after 3 weeks in the house .. came home, Lorna stayed with the SUV to do a few things and I meandered to the back door and let Lilly and Piper out .. I went over the threshold, fell over my own feet, crashed to the floor with the door slamming shut behind me!!! On the way down all I could think about was avoiding a fall onto my right hip !! So, I took the fall on my left knee !!
I laid there in tears because for the life of me I could not figure out how to make myself upright !!!
Lorna came to the back door and immediately wanted to call 911 (NOT on yer life) all I needed was her strong arms to get me on my butt .. which we accomplished, I then was able to grab the door frame and haul myself up with her pushing .. I had ice on my knee in minutes, and, I feel OK (for now).

And, so it goes ...

~M~

This message was edited Nov 22, 2012 3:41 PM

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 22, 2012
1:08 PM

Post #9340024

oh Marilyn - both good & bad... Good that it's diagnosed, and BAD that you're afflicted with it...
I am keeping you in my prayers...
OH, on the fall!!! it hurts just to Hear about it... I wanna give you a big hug and make it all better...
Good thing Lorna was there with her strong arms!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 23, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9340425

Dare I say that I wakened feeling 'GOOD' ??
After just 2 doses on the steroid I am feeling less stiff and sore .. YAHOO .., and it's a good thing because after a record setting high temp of 10C on Thursday, we got a HUGE dump of snow overnight!! Schools are closed, roads closed yadda yadda.
Lorna is SO happy because now she can use her new machine to do the ploughing, BUT (always that but) .. it's in the garage 300' from the house .. so .. we're going to have to use the snowblower to set a path to get out of the yard .. the dogs literally DOVE into the drift at the back door this morning, Piper is ecstatic, not so much Lilly, she likes to be able to see the interlock !!!!
So, our day is cut out for us .. and .. it will be done SLOWLY a BIT at a time !!!

Thank you for the hug Susan, and, please do keep me in your T&Ps .. just beginning this new journey, and, with trepidation I'm afraid.

Enjoy your day everyone

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 23, 2012
8:23 AM

Post #9340493

You're welcome, Marilyn. I will definitely keep you in my T&P!!!
Glad to hear you're feeling better, but oh my... what a snow day for you, eh?

ok - somewhat excited, but reining it in...
Both Bob & I are starting Temporary jobs on Monday. We found out yesterday when he went to an interview with a gov't office who place people in "training" programs doing painting & construction.
They were going to involve ME in this, until they realized I was registered with their Champions program for disabled peoples... Anyway, he'll make minimum wage until he can find a perm position.
I got a call from an Employment Agency and the company wants someone from Monday until Dec 28th. It MAY Potentially become perm, but I'm not getting all excited about that possibility.
It IS employment for both of us, and $$ coming in for now, and I'm very happy about that.
S'funny that we both get jobs that start on Monday, eh? LOL

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 23, 2012
9:51 AM

Post #9340521

Happy to hear about the jobs Susan I wish you both all the best.

Safe to say winter has arrived and will stay. I totally overdid it and am paying the price.
Lorna on the other hand, is revelling in the white stuff, she's just plowing away..looks great.

Still doing research on this PMR... Hoping to find something positive to hang onto.

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 23, 2012
10:23 AM

Post #9340530

Afternoon all,

Just had potato soup and feel half human

"M". What in the world are you doing to yourself? So glad no bones broken from your fall!

Yikes, snow storm ?? Lordy, I'll not be greatly, you can keep it, I'll do without.

Temps sure did drop thugh..just put up the furnace, making note to self..change air filter seeing I've been cutting bvwood and sawdust is in the air.

Sky looks mean, wind is up, although its not snowing the rain keeps getting more textured..having friends come for the day tomorrow, hope it won't be a snow day.

Laughing at Lorna, surely there are things more exciting than her out playing with snow equipment Lol. Good for her..

Did your hubby come home with meat for the freezer??

Susan, exciting that you will get to set the alarm Sunday night..you will feel better working near Christmas

Eyes are heavy, should really get off the couch

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 23, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9340563

I'm excited too, just trying to not get "expectant" of it becoming perm. Been down That road before...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 23, 2012
11:57 AM

Post #9340599

Well if you take it in your stride and just relax, think its but for a few weeks, enjoy who knows...no sense fretting, as you say, you've been down that road before. What kind of firm and what will you be dong..likely you said, but I've worked so hard cutting and staining wood that words just aren't making sense..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 23, 2012
3:29 PM

Post #9340728

oh, I hadn't said... it's for TransAlta, an oil & gas company, working as an Admin Ass't for the Director (name of Lora - oh geeze, another woman Director...hope she's Post menopausal!! I've had terrible luck with women Directors - 4 of them... I know it's a stressful job, but geeze!)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 23, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9340753

Well from past experience you know they like to show their brilliant and in charge so just agree with everything, they have a system, might not be the most effective system but it works for them..some women don't like to think other women are smarter than they, thus individual might try to get up the ladder an their job be in jeopardy sooo go with the flow..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 23, 2012
4:56 PM

Post #9340782

I do, Betty - last time I "went with the flow" I was told I "didn't learn fast enough".
Sometimes I can't "win for losing"... but, I will do my best without being a smart-alec.
you'd think at my age I could just be myself...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 23, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9340845

That is exactly who you should be..

"m" you just had to send me your storm..snowing to beat the dickens..here is hoping it stops during the night..had some friends driving in tomorrow mornimg for day of crafting, don't want them driving in a storm..

In a way, wouldn't mind them cancel'ing lol, could spend the day getting a quilt finished.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 24, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9341158

We are in a 'Courier and Ives' setting out here in the woods today. Gentle snowfall, deer munching on 'stuff' out back, dogs and pusser in front of the woodstove and, I have Cinnamon buns in the oven.
After yesterdays fiasco, I am taking it EASY today .. I most assuredly paid for the small amount of shovelling I did do.

LOL re Lorna and her toys, she was in HEAVEN out there .. snow blowing then plowing with her machine, the place looks wonderful.

Gord is still in Wisconsin .. may be home on Monday, still no deer (I don't mind).
Thanksgiving at his friends was quite nice, typical big American family.

Susan .. whenever we got a new Head Nurse we went through the same angst that you do .. which way does this one work .. being middle management we always knew they were shooting for the coordinators job (or higher) .. wish you all the best ,,

Hunker down Betty, sure don't wish the 25cm we got on you .. what a mess !!!

Enjoy your day ladies

~M~

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9341166

Good news on the jobs, Susan. I hope they work well for both of you.

Been busy with things. Bells keep busy this time of year. Tomorrow we play in church and in the afternoon at the first Carol sing of the season (we will do 3) even though it's not Advent for another week. Really cool arrangement of Amazing Grace for tomorrow morning. There are links on our schedule page to sound clips of it if any are interested - you'll find our schedule page at: http://clients.teksavvy.com/~frederking/Ann/schedule.html

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 24, 2012
9:34 AM

Post #9341253

ah Marilyn - 'Courier and Ives' - that sounds beautiful!!

I'm always worried about "matching" myself with management. I just read an article from Business Insider called "WHY PEOPLE WHO HAVE FAILED MAKE GREAT EMPLOYEES" or "The Best Hires Have A Healthy Paranoia And Fear Of Failure"
Read more: http://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/homeaway-founder-why-i-hire-failures.html#ixzz2DA8lJlA4

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 24, 2012
1:34 PM

Post #9341387

Afternoon,

You didn't post "M" that you were shovelling, shaking my finger at you, you should have knawing better. Tsk. Tsk. Glad to hear you are resting though.am sure Gordon will be glad to be home so he can you for yourself how you are doing!
You will have the best plowed yard in town..Lorna likely feels she is contributing and making things lighter work wise for you.

ViolaAnn this is your really busy time of year, know its hectic but you so enjoy it..how are the renovations?? Or are you back in your church..can't be yet??? But time does fly by..

Susan, going to visit the links
friends just left, long trip back to the city, hopefully NOT as long as it took them to come, tractor trailer upset and several smaller mishaps.

Great time, tired me out though. Loaned my car to Kyle last night am hoping to get it back after he finished work, wonder if it will be empty. Lol

Bit to late for me to get to home depot though..made a list of groceries, just maybe there is nothing that can't wait until tomorrow.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 24, 2012
3:27 PM

Post #9341452

Betty - empty of full of gifts, or empty of gas?? lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 24, 2012
4:18 PM

Post #9341495

Gas, but he surprised me, there was more than when he got it..

Did go to town, thought if I went then tomorrow I could just play..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 24, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9341497

Good for him/you!!
Y'know when Kyle's all grown up when he does responsible things like this!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 24, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9341518

Maybe his dad warned him that if I got the car back empty, no more car..from experience as a teen Greg would know this. Lol

Tired so off to bed I go

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9341611

Betty- yes, we are back in our church. We got back in a year ago Canadian Thanksgiving after 16 months of being out of it. We now have one of the very few LEED certified church buildings in Canada.

There are lots of picture of the journey at http://www.emmanuelunited.ca/worship_renewal/revitalization.php and the newspaper article is informative too with pics, although for some reason the pics stop in August, nearly 2 months before we got back in. But then we were cleaning for a month and for awhile the entire place was sealed - something to do with the LEED certification.

And of course, there are still the little things that go on and on after such a project and a few remain such as lights in the CE Hall that flicker on and off and nobody can figure out why. Probably skip the video unless you are really interested in LEED.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 25, 2012
4:48 AM

Post #9341788

Morning, going to enjoy hot chocolate and toast while wrapping gifts! Cool outside so good day to stay inside and play Santa..gifts to wrap, gifts to make..always busy time of year.

I am interested ViolaAnn, I just cannot believe its been a year you've been in the church..seems like yesterday you were posting of your temporary move for the renovations..shaking my head, time is flying.thanks for the link

Better not stay sitting or I'll lose my get up and go

Enjoy your busy day, much going on for you. Am sure you will come home full of the Christmas spirit this afternoon..

"m" keep out of mischief today.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 25, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9341872

We got more snow overnight, perhaps 6cm .. enough to shovel, of which I have done LITTLE .. Lorna is using the blower and will then use the Mule to spruce up the drive ways.

I feel a bit more energetic today, but, have come to realize that will wane as the minutes tick by, no matter what I do to protect it.

We did venture into the city yesterday for a small grocery shop. NOTE TO SELF, "NEVER go grocery shopping on a Saturday afternoon' !!!
Lawsie, the place was PACKED, and here I am with a cane trying to keep upright ! I finally got a cart and held on for dear life !!
Thing is, it's a small Metro on the other end of a mall where a brand new WalMart just opened last week. Doubtless they are reaping the benefits of the myriads of people going into WalMart.
Picked up Chinese Food and came home .. by 5pm I was ready for bed.

Today I plan to not plan anything LoL .. as I am a consummate PLANNER and Multi tasker, I am going to have to put that part of me on the back burner for quite awhile.

Enjoy your gift wrapping Betty .. I shudder to think of my 'need to do shopping' .. may do it all online.
Susan .. good luck tomorrow to both you and Bob.
ViAnn .. good to hear you;re back in your church and busy with the Bells ..

Toodles

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 25, 2012
4:17 PM

Post #9342274

Thanks Marilyn!!
A new WalMart? When will it end? LOL

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 26, 2012
7:26 AM

Post #9342812

Morning,

Squalls here today, my Sonic sure doesn't handle 1/2 as well as my Aveo did! Just called the dealership and Canadian Tire, because they clasify my car as the sporty model snow tires are between $600-$700
most different taxes..

Have to say, it was pretty as a picture this morning with all the snow on the pine trees..

Am thinking as I go to Buffalo this weekend I just might go look for tires, bring them home and have my brother put them on..have to make some calls before I decide what to do..hate to spend that when Christmas is so close.

While on with the dealership Jeff called, told him what I was doing, he said he and Greg could get me snow tires for Christmas..now what kind of gift is that, I want $$$ so I can put towards Florida trip and a wide throat sewing machine..lol Know it would all work out in the wash but just don't want TIRES from Santa.

"M" think the entire town was out shopping yesterday..picked up the crosses I had engraved for the grandsons and had to park at the far end of the lot..not a space to be had. C R A Z Y!!!

Know a lot of people who shop on-line and love doing it and can take advantage of the sales, would imagine you would have to shop soon though to get items in time for Christmas

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 26, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9342899

Article in our paper this weekend indicated that the buys on tires were just as good in Ontario as in the US. But maybe just mailorder - not when you actually go get them.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 26, 2012
9:39 AM

Post #9342905

WAHOOOOOoooooooooooooo ... I am feeling SO much better today, and for that I am eternally happy. I know that if the doc I see in Dec takes me off of it, I will regress, but, for now ... YAHOoooooooooooo .. I baked Banana bread this morning and stood start to finish .. no sitting down gasping or groaning ..

I hear ya on the tires as a Xmas gift Betty .. kind of a let down, but I guess it'd be nice all the same ... one year I got a Dyson vacuum cleaner and was in quite the snit about it for a few weeks, BUT, I did mention how much I liked them ... sure wasn't my Estee Lauder though LoL

Thinking about Susan today, hope her first day goes well.

CROWDS .. just NOT a ME thing at all ... I find Wednesdays are the best day to go shopping.
We now have THREE WalMarts here ... a SUPER WalMArt, and 2 smaller ones (were Zellers) .. the last Zellers is now gone and a Target is moving in .. how can you beat theses stores. Several of our locally owned business are suffering great losses.

I best get on with my day

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 26, 2012
11:46 AM

Post #9342981

I called a few place in Buffalo and yes no difference so will call and order them here..they say because they have computer monitor that is why they are so expensive..

Guess I'm aggravated that I just bought snow tires at Christmas and can not use them on this new vehicle..2 sets within the year is a bit much..think I paid $400 for tires and put them on. Might as well bite the bullet, don't like it but what can you do in snow country!

Glad today is a good day "M"..you've done enough now go rest.

ViolaAnn, are you getting these squalls?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 26, 2012
12:53 PM

Post #9343070

What is up with these TIRES .. I do believe it is becoming a 'racket' of sorts.
My tires on my Toyota Rav4 SUV are filled with NITROGEN, just like a plane .. the reason being they expand and contract with the temperature, and, are virtually guaranteed NOT to have a leak (we'll see).
Gord has just bought a 2013 GMC Sierra .. he was all ready to sign on the dotted line when he (thankfully) asked about the TIRES .. well .. kafuffle time .. here the tires were the lowest of the low !!! He balked, and the dealership folded and gave him the PROPER tires.

Chilly here today (windy) but no snow thanks :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 26, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #9343100

No wonder you have no snow, you sent it my way didn't you..

know they say all seasons are great but not for our kind of winters..

snowing out there now, just getting everything packed up..tomorrow they are just calling for it being overcase so no need to switch phones to my house..

At least if it's going to snow let it snow enough that we have a snow day lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 26, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9343356

Whew - back home
My job went well today – one of the other secretaries said it was a very “laid back place” but it is busy. I know I impressed my boss (Lora) cuz when she had me go into her email (only 70 new ones through the day…..) I found 2 that were flights for today (CGY to EDM and return tonight), and she hadn’t checked in, so I did for her. Printed her boarding passes.
Then I found a meeting for tomorrow that she needed to have a printout for and she hadn’t, so I did for her.
I’m going to a Sharepoint training out of the city tomorrow afternoon, and taking minutes at a meeting afterwards.
I set up a luncheon date for her and someone that will be in meetings with her, later on.
She had asked me to enter about 100 business cards into her Outlook contact list, so that’s all done too. They couldn't be scanned, so had to type them in. I got my computer access, and set up some other things for me. She left early this afternoon, so I will see her tomorrow am, and we can discuss what’s been done, and what I need to do.

Bob said he was in an Orientation today, and there were 30 attendees! It surprised the facilitators, cuz they weren't expecting so many.
Afterwards he took a test – some office skills, math, and invoicing. Guess they want to see where they “are” so they know what type of training to put them in?!

One thing……. It’s awkward as all heck to get to the office – have to walk up 5 blocks to the train. I made an error in the dark leaving - ended up I had to walk back 2 blocks to the beginning….. so it was 9 blocks, and my knee is still not healed enough to take long walks like that. I was hurting by the time I got on the train. Anyway, Bob picked me up at the train stn so that was good. Headed home and made dinner, now he’s out at his bowling league tonight. Rush, Rush lol
Think I’ll do the 7:30 to 4:30 shift, instead of 8:00 to 5:00….. easier to leave downtown at 4:30!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 26, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9343366

Beautiful
http://www.andiesisle.com/creation/magnificent.html

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 27, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9343618

Whoa, Susan, you had quite the day yesterday my dear!
NINE blocks of walking, well, if I had most of the day to do it it'd be OK LoL
Sorry your knee is acting up .. if you can get your hands on some BioFreeze gel you'll never regret it.
All in all it sounds as though you had a pretty good day though ... showed yer metal :-)

Loved the link, quite soothing ...

Snowed overnight here .. perhaps an inch .. I SO want to go and get a haircut ... will have to judge my energy level first though.

Gord got home at a bout 5pm .. no venison, but, it seems like he has LOTS of Xmas pressies :-)
Not too impressed with the gas mileage on his new truck .. but .. apparently that doesn't get better til after 5000 K.

Time to do some bed making and 'make me a plan for the day' LoL

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 27, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9343701

Is biobreeze sold in drug stores "M"

was a winter wonderland driving in to work, tree branches ladden with snow, sun out, just wanted to keep driving and not coming in to work.

Ordered new tires, can't get them put on until Monday at 4pm in Midland so here is hoping NO snow till then..am going to Buffalo Friday so here's hoping weather will be great and won't have snow storms.

I was behind a gentleman who filled his 4x4 the other day, almost passed out as I was watching the $$$ showing on the pump and I just cringed..my $40-$45 seems so little after that.

You and me both "M", I've a perm scheduled for tomorrow night, hair won't even take a curl right now..they don't last long but I should make it through Christmas and trip to Florida without fretting over looking like a witch.. Is your hair stylist close by or do you have to venture out a distance.

Ohhh pressies, did you get to see what is inside the packages?? for you??? Sorry he didn't get to bring home freezer meat..

Would have been my 47th wedding anniversary today..deep in thought, wonder what would have become of us as a couple?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 27, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9343753

BioFreeze is usually found at a physiotherapy clinic .. altho I have seen it in other places .. best to give a clinic a call and ask first. The stuff is just amazingly comforting .. very cold/hot after application, but sure reduces the pain !!

Nice to know you'll have new tires for the brunt on the winter Betty ..will hope for NO SNOW IN BUFFALO :-)

HAIR ... gads .. has been since August for my last haircut .. thing is, getting an appt when my hairdresser is THERE .. Margaret used to be my sons babysitter, and she's in demand that's for sure .. she cuts my hair EXACTLY the way I want it .. and, we get to exchange lotsa 'good gossip' LoL

Happy Anniversary, albeit a sad day, but, reflective anyway .. I would think only positive thoughts myself .. Roger would be so proud of his sons and grandsons .. and, still madly in love with you :-)

Sluggish day, want to go out and get some fresh air .. but am being met with 'NO NO NOs' everytime I mention it .. I think I'll just do it on the sly LoL
Did get the beds made, and some dusting done .. going to make ANOTHER banana loaf this afternoon .. it somehow evaporated to being only HALF as big as it was ... hmmmmmmmmmmm ... must be good ..

Gord is VERY careful when he brings home his pressies .. he secrets them away in the garage .. and I never look ..

Off to put together the banana loaf .. easy peasey .. an AGES old recipe from my Mom .. date on the recipe card is 1933 !!!!

Have a good one

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 27, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9344208

(((((((Betty)))))))) He'd be hugging, I know that for sure! It is odd to think about that, but still... I do understand what you're saying...

Well, today was a good day at work, too! My boss was out of the office all day, at meetings, but she emailed me to say "Great job on your first day, and you hit the ground running, with very little support! Thank you for helping me!" (sic). It's nice to be appreciated. I'd brought 3 Thank You cards to work. One for her, and the two Executive assistants who helped get me set up.

Marilyn - a 1930's recipe? Me wants!! I have SO many bananas frozen in the freezer that I can make banana bread Forever and Ever!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 28, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9344759

Susan, sounds as though you had a pretty good day yesterday .. hope it continues for you :-)

COLD here today .. am venturing out for my haircut tomorrow instead .. and, to hopefully do some shopping.

LOL .. my 'banana ranch' as I refer to it, consists of a very large plastic bag filled with over ripe bananas .. they make the best banana loaves :-)

From memory here on the recipe:

2 tbsp of marg or butter
1 (scant) cup of sugar

Cream together and add 2 eggs .. .. cream together again

Dissolve 1 tsp of baking soda in hot water and add to the creamed mixture.

In another bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of flour, a tsp or 2 of cinnamon, a shake of cloves (or more) .. add that to creamed mixture .. then mash and add 3 medium WELL ripened bananas .. stir it up .. put it in a loaf pan, LET IT SIT FOR 20 MINUTES .. then bake 50-60 minutes in a 350 oven.
DEEEEEEElish :-)
I Pammed the loaf pan

TTFN

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 28, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #9344914

sounds good!! I have a lot of bananas I froze, so I could make banana bread for the next 3 months, every week LOL

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 28, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9344945

Sounds delicious, have to stop throwing aged bananas out.

Just got in, had perm, now I really look like a grandma..

Blizzard going on and yet they say rain Friday and double digit temps next week..imagine!

Good luck with tomorrow "m"

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 29, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #9345219

Will need the luck Betty ..
Got up at 7am and am feeling my energy waning slightly, but, I'm sure the COLD air will waken me ..

Lorna's Aunt and Uncle are celebrating their 60th wedding anniv today .. they live in South Hampton .. have forever .. have 6 children and OODLES of grands and great grands .. hoping the weather will be good for their celebration, AND that she opens the cyber card I sent LoL

Bet the hairdo will relax in a couple of days .. I won't go through my perm story again ... talk about hair wanting to hold onto it forever !!

Take care all

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 29, 2012
8:44 AM

Post #9345360

Morning,

Am sure the weather will be fine..sunshine right now, perhaps rain tomorrow and Saturday, double digits on Sunday!!!

Suzanne said I had it cut off much too short but think it's long just curly lol

Working here (not office work) have the sewing machine going, making two Christmas runners..one to mail in a swap that needs to be mailed when I go to Buffalo tomorrow so guess who will be working overtime tonight!

Off you go before you need a nap

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 29, 2012
1:17 PM

Post #9345561

I MADE it ... 6 hours + .. and, I KNOW I will pay for it .. but .. that's OK .. I got some Xmas shopping done, and got a hair cut .. bought myself my OWN cane .. no plain Jane for me .. mine has SUNFLOWERS on it :-)

Making an easy supper .. shrimp creole over rice, and, I will be in bed EARLY !!

Hope you got the runner done for mailing :-)

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 29, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9345654

Hurrah..hurrah... that's a long time out and at it "M" especially when you haven't been able to be mobile for any length of time..and shopping to boot, you really must be thrilled with your day..can you post photo of that nifty cane?

I'm also bathed and ready for bed..can't seem to rid myself of this headache to took 2 pills, waiting to feel my eyes droop and off to bed I shall go..maybe candycane hot chocolate 1st.

Yes, did manage to do the 2 runner tops but now they have to be quilted and a border added..I work much better at 5am than at 7pm

Put the telephones here to the house..tomorrow morning I can get right at it..if I keep to a plan I will have it ready for mailing...lol..you know me, always got a plan..
I'll leave here when shift is over at 3:00 pm and drive to Barrie to pick my cousin (who is also my SIL) up and head to Buffalo..really shopped out so it's really only for Friday night/Saturday morning and hoping to head home around 2:00pm..that would get me home before dark..now let's hope Linda agrees

Just realized the painting girls on Tuesday left a container of sweets..omg..I've already eaten several..just know by weekends end they'll be gone.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 30, 2012
4:45 AM

Post #9346032

Cool days with snow on the way .. and, I woke up feeling pretty good this morning .. perhaps I MAY get out again ?

Will try to take a pic of the cane, will have to find a good background for it though as it's pretty busy LoL I could have gottten a shocking pink one with deeper pink ribbons emblazoned on it, but thought it to be just a bit TOO bright.

Hope working from home is met with success today Betty, and that your trip to Buffalo is safe and productive, drive carefully.

Toodles

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 30, 2012
10:40 AM

Post #9346258

Hwy 400 was closed early this am due to black ice..took Suzanne 2 1/2 hrs to get there..she just called and said sky was black, suppose to be terrible out..I've got to stay here till 3 so hooe it waits till after supper before storming.

"M" with snow and ice pleasebe careful, would be so easy to twist something

Was productive, yesterday did 2 table runner (tops only) this morning had it machine quilted and did sew the binding..already in a box ready for mailing on USA side of the border

Drats, need topacksomething form year, just can't seem to rid myself of this headache..they say excedrin migraine is back on some drugstore shelves..going to be looking for sure..onlythingotherthanneedles that seems to work

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 1, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9346780

Be nice to know when Betty is back, I see temps are wonderful down east, but I can imagine the drive yesterday may have been treacherous.

We have +5C in store for us over the next few days .. am not venturing out much, will be putting up the Xmas trees though (I hope)
I OVERDID it the last couple of days, and, am paying the price :-( (Note to self SLOW DOWN when feeling well) !!

Hope everyone has a great weekend !!

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 1, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9347098

Evening ,

Ride to Buffalo took 5 1/2 hrs..s and go, wasn't nice at all...
Imagine was at kohls at 6am, whooping, got everything done plus more, just got home, had bath and now in bed..couple of painkillers and hopefully will be nodding off..

Waving, must gab tomorrow

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 2, 2012
6:41 AM

Post #9347491

Good to hear your home Betty .. was in fits as Lorna's parents had mentioned the black ice down their way.

Hope the pain meds worked, and, you slept well and are feeling wonderful today :-)

Christmassing the house today .. :-)
Can you tell I'm feeling a bit better ?

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 2, 2012
7:38 AM

Post #9347549

Didn't sleep very well, you know what it is like when you are over tired.

Just finished wrapping presents that I bought USA side this weekend, if I buy much more I will have to move out of the living room! Lol. Considering half are already given out I'm pleased with what I've accomplished this year!!

Pouring rain out there, was going to put out Christmas lights but won't be today..

Had a long list of to do's but I'm not gaining much ground..maybe another coffee will do the trick.

Glad you are feeling better "M". Let Lorna and Gord get the big things done, you just supervise, don't want the decorating to set you back..

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 2, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9347683

It's a challenge every Christmas Season to just 'get it right'.
Brought in the 2 tote boxes and opened them, sorted the decs as to what goes where .. then the 'FUN' commences .. putting the NON Xmas things somewhere else, so the CHRISTMAS stuff can be put in place .. sheesh .. what a chore that was, and I was right in there .. after an hour I sat down and let out a sigh and said 'BREAK TIME' !!!
Turns out one of the fibre optic trees has 'bought the farm' .. gonezo .. but, the bigger one is OK (whew), I MAY go get another, not sure, am quite happy with the one coz it means I don't have to move my P L A N T S !!! Gawd, I am becoming so disenchanted with all my flippin PLANTS .. African Violets, Spider plants, Hoyas, etc .. I water them and care for them, but my oh my do they take up ROOM .. I truly would like to get rid of them, but, would feel bad as some are from my Mom and some from 2 of my brothers funeral baskets ... decisions, decisions .. ROOM vs Remembrance .. a toughie.

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well Betty, tonight you'll likely catch up .. fingers crossed ..
I have a med I take to sleep .. ages old .. called elavil .. it's used with folks with the auto immune disorders, helps make the pain more tolerable .. have a love/hate relationship with it right now .. I had to persevere through 5 mornings of being very tired .. then .. POOF .. I started to feel better, BUT (always that but) .. the drug makes me dream in 3D, colour, animation .. the whole 9 yards .. have wakened the house twice this past week yelling out .. so .. as good as it is, it does have a drawback in that one aspect.

Well, this is how I spent my BREAK .. best get back at it .. it'll soon be a done deal :-)

~M~

This message was edited Dec 2, 2012 1:32 PM

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 3, 2012
9:29 AM

Post #9348712

Popping in to say HIYA :-)

Putzy day here .. made some pie dough, rendering a pie pumpkin .. tidying here and there ..
All in all, I figure I had best take a rest or be in bed for a day ..

TTFN

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 3, 2012
6:55 PM

Post #9349170

Hi - would love to see your two houses all "Christmassed-up" :-)

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 4, 2012
4:20 AM

Post #9349326

Hey Susan .. how's the job going?

I'll try to take a couple of pics later today .. I have one pic of the HUGE Santa on our double garage .. I can attach that one. That Santa is close to being 55 years old !! His foot had an accident last year, plans are to repair the 'boo boo'.

WINDY here .. am going to try to get out for a quick shop ... fingers crossed ..

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 4, 2012
4:22 AM

Post #9349329

OOOOOOOOOOooo .. I wanted to add .. we have MORE grass than SNOW here now .. quite the switcheroo ..

Betty I think your temps are about to plummet, and Susan .. well .. what can one say about 'the West' ... brrrrr about covers it !!

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 4, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9349392

Morning everyone

Yes "M" it was 15 this morning driving in..spring weather..must be because I bought and had snowtires put on yesterday lol Will take the nice weather, longer we can have no snow it will make for a shorter season.

Poor Santa, a project for after Christmas..he looks good on the door!

Can you believe I'm DONE..Santa can come anytime..all under the tree, next Saturday I'll start delivering!
Nice to have no pressure weeks before the special day. Bought a snowmobile watch for Greg's birthday which is NewYears Day, Jeff's birthday is Saturday and Kyle's next week so 2 birthday gifts to get, likely I will have that done by this weekend..

Can't you see me sitting for 2 weeks with feet up, sitting on coffee and enjoying myself

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 4, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9349941

Job's going well - everyone's moving desks tomorrow, so I packed up today for an "overnight move" by computer techs and warehouse guys.
I keep getting told that I'm a temp, and job will end at the end of Dec. I'm just looking at it as a good temp job - will NOT get my hopes up of it being perm.
I keep finding things that were not done properly (like booking rooms for meetings... found one that was a meeting, but the room was already booked, so had to find another one on another floor. siiiiiigh. Cleaning up Lora's calendar from duplicate meetings...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 4, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9350029

Well Susan, it's great that it will get you through to the end of the year..it was a godsend wasn't it. How is Bob enjoying his job?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 4, 2012
8:09 PM

Post #9350117

Bob's enjoying his training very much. He came home today talking about interview skills... now he's online looking at jobs...he's Pumped!!

Betty - shouldn't we move to a December thread?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 5, 2012
1:50 PM

Post #9350662

Good to hear the job is going well Susan .. Bobs as well :-)
Can't ask for much more than that I guess.

I am starting to feel the 'fog' lift from the medication I reacted to .. they said 2-3 weeks for it to BE GONE, and it has been 2.5 weeks .. I went shopping today for 5 hours and remain UPRIGHT !!!

I would switch us over, but am afraid Betty will too .. so .. I'll leave it to her.

Hope everyone has had a great day

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 5, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9350794

I hopefully moved us here ..

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1290077/

Merry Christmas :-)

~M~

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Canadian Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Brugmansia 'culebra' available Dennis_taylor 6 Nov 12, 2007 5:22 PM
Rice Lake, ON OhioBreezy 27 Sep 19, 2007 7:46 PM
Hi from Québec / Saskatoon spklatt 53 Sep 8, 2008 11:40 PM
Welcome to ginnylynn from Blyth, Ontario OldFlowerGirl 21 May 20, 2008 3:34 PM
Petunia 2 u 2 DCarrington 44 Apr 14, 2013 11:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America