Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Blushing Beauties Pink varieties of Zantedeschia aethiopica: Rare here too

Communities > Forums > Article: Blushing Beauties Pink varieties of Zantedeschia aethiopica
bookmark
Forum: Article: Blushing Beauties Pink varieties of Zantedeschia aethiopicaReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lortay
Navan
Ireland

November 5, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #9325461

Hi Peter,
I have tried to obtain a pink form of this for some time but they are very uncommon here and I think you are right that 'Kiwi Blush' may be responsible for Garden Centres and nurseries avoiding it. Even the 'Plantfinder' has a surprising lack of both cultivars and suppliers and, of course, none in Ireland.
I will keep looking. 'Marshmallow Pink' looks beautiful and would be great if it was hardy.
lortay
Navan
Ireland

November 5, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9325481

I see that the Plantfinder now lists 'Kiwi Blush' under Z. albomaculata, so that may be why it is difficult outdoors.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Blushing Beauties Pink varieties of Zantedeschia aethiopica Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hi everybody arsya 0 Nov 3, 2012 3:14 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America