Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Southwest Gardening: Blooms!

Communities > Forums > Southwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Southwest GardeningReplies: 6, Views: 171
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Fish_knees

Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

November 5, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9325550

My MG hasn't bloomed all year. Guess it just needed a break from the heat. This is Jaz's garden. She's enjoying the blooms. Plumbago in the back and faux pear tree, it is finally perking up too.

Next pic is Canna Australia in the pond. Loved the way the late afternoon light was hitting the bloom

Thumbnail by Fish_knees   Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Click an image for an enlarged view.

NancySLAZ

NancySLAZ
Sun Lakes, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9326245

Lovely setting for Jaz. Hope she realizes that! Love the canna color in the mellow light!
lovetropics
Scottsdale, AZ
(Zone 9b)

November 17, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #9335722

what a beautiful garden Jaz has. More blooms than mine.
Crista
Gilbert, AZ

November 17, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9335917

Your MG is gorgeous!!
MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

December 27, 2012
10:39 AM

Post #9368430

Your MG id beautiful. What is the secret. I have one a friend gave me from LA and I think it doesn't live the heat here. My regular one didn't flower very much either.
Mickey
Cave Creek.

Fish_knees

Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

December 27, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9368690

When I had the plant swap @ my house back in 2003 I think? Someone gave it to me in a gallon pot. It sat in the pot lingering for about a year because I had no idea what it was? I planted it in the ground and it has been a happy nightmare ever since :)

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Click the image for an enlarged view.

judyb
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 28, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9368905

I love that phrase "happy nightmare". It so fits this plant. I pulled mine out a few years ago. It resented my efforts and grew twice as fast with the part that hid from me and didn't get removed. It's on the other side of the arbor now anyway so I've let it stay. Where it had been previously was on the latch-side of the gate and it busily sewed the gate closed every time I turned my back. Now it just serves as an automatic closer. :-)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Southwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Brugs are Bloomin SUNNYAZ 28 Nov 30, 2007 11:52 PM
Purple Hopseed Bush Judy81350 6 Jul 23, 2013 10:47 PM
Lady Bugs Desertdenial5 17 Jun 17, 2007 9:08 PM
Snail Vine KactusKathi 37 Sep 4, 2007 4:33 AM
My magnolia has flower buds. RODICAP 19 Feb 6, 2008 3:18 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America