Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Texas Gardening: Plant ID Please

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 6, Views: 95
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
TexasTatum
Celina, TX
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9326042

We just bought a new home. When the water went down by our pond, this plant sprung up everywhere, in places that had been underwater, but are now dry due to the summer heat.
Our pond will soon fill back up, and I would love to make sure these come back since they attract a crazy amount of bees and butterflies.
First wondering what it is, and second wondering if I should leave the plants to reseed where they are,(this area will be underwater again before spring) or spread them around our fields.
When the plant was in bloom, the flowers were a light rose pinkish. If I need to take some more images, please just let me know. (I have been lurking around for years, but I am new to using the forums:)
Thanks so much! GG

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 6, 2012
12:30 PM

Post #9326210

I think what you have is Marsh Fleabane a very desirable plant, here is a link to learn more about it.
http://wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=PLODO
I would try to have some around the pond close to the edge where it won't be immersed in the water.
TexasTatum
Celina, TX
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2012
2:21 PM

Post #9326325

Thanks SO much! I had no idea what it was! You are correct. The flowers in the link are exactly what I have!
I suppose I will need to move some of them up the bank, since they will all be underwater soon!

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 6, 2012
3:28 PM

Post #9326387

You are welcome, happy to be of help.
I would move some and also scatter some seed.
Josephine.
TexasTatum
Celina, TX
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9326418

frostweed, I sent you a direct message. :) Thanks again!

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 6, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9326482

Thank you Texas Tatum!!
grits74571
Talihina, OK

November 7, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9327219

If you have been hanging around then you must that Frostweed is Our GoTO "GUY"for IDs

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America