Sydney, Australia

Plz help me.

Thumbnail by Paperdaisy Thumbnail by Paperdaisy Thumbnail by Paperdaisy Thumbnail by Paperdaisy Thumbnail by Paperdaisy
Austin, TX

Where were the photos taken? The first one looks a bit like Quercus trojana.

Sydney, Australia

Dural, Sydney, and taken recently, end of spring and early summer time in Southern Hemisphere.

Austin, TX

OK. I asked because I really don't know very many Australian plants, although some of your pictures could be imports. Here's a link to a site showing Q. trojana.
http://oaks.of.the.world.free.fr/quercus_trojana.htm
I don't think there are any pictures of it here at DG. In fact, I think there was not even an entry for it until I added it last week. I added it because someone just sent me some seeds of it from California, but it's an Asian/European oak. So it's unlikely to be what you have unless it's cultivated.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

#2 is Quercus rubra

#3 is probably Ailanthus altissima

Resin

bc, Canada

Hi, I'm not familiar with Australian trees, but as someone said, some of your trees may be imports. My guesses are:

#1 Sawtooth Oak, either Quercus acutissima or Quercus variabilis
#2 Red Oak or maybe Black Oak, not certain which
#3 Looks like a Sumac of some kind to me, a Rhus variety
#4 Looks a lot like an Elderberry, a Sambucus of some kind
#5 Not at all sure on this one. I was thinking another Elderberry of Crepe Myrtle.

Don't know if that's helpful, but I hope so. Good luck!

Sydney, Australia

Thank you guys very much. Infs are very helpful.

Austin, TX

Crepe myrtle has single leaves. Pictured is a plant with pinnately compound leaves. Elderberry, on the other hand, has pinnately compound leaves.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Not sure what #4 is, but definitely not an Elder!

Resin

Sydney, Australia

Thank you very much.

And i asked my neighbour who has the tree with berries in last picture, she said it's Chinese Pistache.

Austin, TX

Quote from Paperdaisy :
Thank you very much.

And i asked my neighbour who has the tree with berries in last picture, she said it's Chinese Pistache.

That used to be a recommended plant here, but not I believe it's considered invasive. Very beautiful colors in autumn.

Sydney, Australia

One my friend said that the flowers in the fourth picture is Longan fruit flower.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.