Plz help me.

Sydney, Australia

Plz help me.

Thumbnail by Paperdaisy Thumbnail by Paperdaisy Thumbnail by Paperdaisy Thumbnail by Paperdaisy Thumbnail by Paperdaisy
Austin, TX

Where were the photos taken? The first one looks a bit like Quercus trojana.

Sydney, Australia

Dural, Sydney, and taken recently, end of spring and early summer time in Southern Hemisphere.

Austin, TX

OK. I asked because I really don't know very many Australian plants, although some of your pictures could be imports. Here's a link to a site showing Q. trojana.
http://oaks.of.the.world.free.fr/quercus_trojana.htm
I don't think there are any pictures of it here at DG. In fact, I think there was not even an entry for it until I added it last week. I added it because someone just sent me some seeds of it from California, but it's an Asian/European oak. So it's unlikely to be what you have unless it's cultivated.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

#2 is Quercus rubra

#3 is probably Ailanthus altissima

Resin

bc, Canada

Hi, I'm not familiar with Australian trees, but as someone said, some of your trees may be imports. My guesses are:

#1 Sawtooth Oak, either Quercus acutissima or Quercus variabilis
#2 Red Oak or maybe Black Oak, not certain which
#3 Looks like a Sumac of some kind to me, a Rhus variety
#4 Looks a lot like an Elderberry, a Sambucus of some kind
#5 Not at all sure on this one. I was thinking another Elderberry of Crepe Myrtle.

Don't know if that's helpful, but I hope so. Good luck!

Sydney, Australia

Thank you guys very much. Infs are very helpful.

Austin, TX

Crepe myrtle has single leaves. Pictured is a plant with pinnately compound leaves. Elderberry, on the other hand, has pinnately compound leaves.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Not sure what #4 is, but definitely not an Elder!

Resin

Sydney, Australia

Thank you very much.

And i asked my neighbour who has the tree with berries in last picture, she said it's Chinese Pistache.

Austin, TX

Quote from Paperdaisy :
Thank you very much.

And i asked my neighbour who has the tree with berries in last picture, she said it's Chinese Pistache.

That used to be a recommended plant here, but not I believe it's considered invasive. Very beautiful colors in autumn.

Sydney, Australia

One my friend said that the flowers in the fourth picture is Longan fruit flower.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.