Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: REVEALS - Thanksgiving & Christmas Holiday Swap 2012

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 37, Views: 277
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 8, 2012
1:35 PM

Post #9328118

Now that everyone knows who their swap buddy is...I'm moving us here to reveal the goodies as they come in :-)

We Came From Here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1284158/

Happy Holidays!

Let's SEE The Goodies!!!!

Thumbnail by Kim_M
Click the image for an enlarged view.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9328317

What a gorgeous cornucopia of Fall bounty. Thanksgiving is truly my favorite Holiday.

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

November 8, 2012
5:56 PM

Post #9328361

Oh, me too Susan!! Thanksgiving is "our" holiday where we get together with just us & the kids!! We all decide on a "menu" together and then each one of us gets one or two things that is "ours" to make!! I'll never forget the year our youngest son wanted to try baking a squash--he cleaned it all out ,baked it, scooped it out , put it back in to make twice baked squash, and then couldn't wait for it to come out and when it did he tasted it and said "EWWW this is gross!!!" It was hilarious!!! The kids all have a great time getting ingredients and making "their" item from our menu!! Gets kind of hectic and the kitchen is a disaster when the day is done but wouldn't trade it for anything!!!! And the boys have become quite the cooks/bakers if I say so myself!!! Daughter lives out of state and does the same with her kids also(too young to actually cook ) but they get to mix ingredients and set timers just like these guys did when they were younger!! Absolutely love it!!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2012
7:16 AM

Post #9329560

sbish5 what a great family tradition you have started and will be remembered for the rest of their lives. That is the true meaning of the holidays.
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 19, 2012
11:44 AM

Post #9337246

GOODIES ARRIVED!!! Yayyyyyyyy Yipppeeeeee

I received a Lovely package from CheerMom (Sue)
I received not 1 ornament but 4 Lovely angels in a pretty Christmas blue box, scrumptious Ghirardelli chocolates filled with the things I love...especially mint! Which was a nice surprise... potholders and oven mitts. The box of seeds are wonderful and I especially like the heirloom black columbine.

Thanks so much Sue I Love everything and I am delighted :-) My 5 year old daughter saw me eating a chocolate square and asked for one. I gave her Halloween chocolate and she looked puzzled...I said, "This is grown-up chocolate" She said...grown-up chocolate? ha ha ha! I feel spoiled now :-)

Thumbnail by Kim_M   Thumbnail by Kim_M   Thumbnail by Kim_M      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 19, 2012
3:06 PM

Post #9337406

"Grown-up Chocolate" nice! I had to teach my husband the difference between 'chompin' chocolate and 'savoring' chocolate. Basically, if you buy it at the supermarket checkout stand, you can chomp it all you want. Now that he has discovered the delight of a good chocolate he surprises me with them often. Old dog, new trick. Who knew?
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 19, 2012
3:19 PM

Post #9337417

LOL! LMBO

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 19, 2012
4:09 PM

Post #9337452

Speaking of chocolate!!! WOW! Thanks to Kim for my bounty of Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies! The packaging alone was gorgeous, but the wonderful surprises inside made my day all sparkly. It included two very special packets of seeds that I really, really wanted enough to put on my DG want list, and several other packets of pretties that I can't wait to get started. I know, I know...I have to wait until after the New Year (at least). There is also a tropical print potholder and a CUSTOM, PERSONALIZED ornament. I have one piece of jewelry with my name on it but absolutely nothing else. This is my newest, most prized possession! OK, the huge box of Russell Stover chocolates do come in a close second. :P

I had been having the worst day filled with what were, fortunately, only first-world problems. My day improved immediately upon receiving such a joy-filled package!

Thumbnail by lanakila   Thumbnail by lanakila         

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2012
4:13 PM

Post #9337455

Never have met a Chocolate I didn't like and received 9 different flavors to make hot chocolate in my box from Emily today. Chocolate Supreme, White Chocolate (have looked everywhere locally for White Hot Chocolate), European Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Truffle, Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate French Vanilla, Peanut Butter Brownie, Chocolate Caramel and Dark Chocolate Mint...oh my, which to savor first?

Then there's a very nice thick Snowman oven mitt. And look at this sweet Snowman ornament with a "Wish List" pocket, so darn cute. That's where the seeds were of mixed Heirloom Tomatoes, Rudbeckia hirta 'Black-Eyed Susan' (wink), Ipomoea quamoclit ' Cypress Vine', Gaillardia sp. 'Blanket Flower', Callicarpa americana 'American Beauty Berry'. There were also cuttings of Dicentra sp 'Bleeding Heart'. Really hope I can get them to root. Several of these were on my wants list and are much appreciated. Or should that be "Wish List" :)

Thank you so much, Emily, great job!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine      

Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 19, 2012
4:43 PM

Post #9337483

Wow! Seems like today was Joy Day! LOL Everyone has such good taste and did a wonderful job. I couldn't be more happier with my goodies. I already had 3 pieces of the chocolates...which is more then I should have. I'm always on a diet...lately more off then on. Ha!

Lovely ladies... Just lovely. Thanks for participating.

Also there was a package received by Emily from Lanakila on the 13th. I'm hoping she'll post soon :-)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9337555

Yep! I agree, Kim. Anxious to hear from my Bud as her goodies were delivered this afternoon.
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

November 20, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9337916

Hello everyone, Got home late last night to a box on the porch!!! Guess what has arrived???? Wow, Susan what a wonderful box of goodies!!!! Really cute snowman sign has a place on the house next to the front door!! VERY SOFT fleece lap blanket will be wonderful for snuggling while watching t.v.!! Sharing my delicious candy treats with the boys!!! LOVE the two blue glass ornaments!! Homemade potholders and dish cloth--handmade by you???? Love them!! A great smelling candle(love my candles). And wonderful seeds that I can't wait to see next year!! All ones I have requested somewhere along the line!! What a GREAT surprise after a looonnnggg day in the madness of work. Haven't been on in a while because have been working "crazy" hours(sat. was 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.) as I have been picking up all the "extra" hours I can as this is only seasonal and will end in Dec.!! And also, have funeral tomorrow. But , anyway, THANK YOU so much Susan--a bit of cheer at the end of some long , hard, stressful days was just what I needed!! THANKS

Thumbnail by sbish5

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

November 20, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9337934

As for my box of goodies--sorry for the delay, but it is being mailed out today on my way to work(work till 9 again tonight!). With the crazy hours I have been working it is VERY hard to get to anything while it is open(everything is still closed when I leave for work and by the time I get out of work everything is closed again!). Not to mention the seemingly non-stop deaths in the family:( Funeral again tomorrow:( We have lost another wonderful aunt in my family--the 7th family member to pass away in the past year and a half:( And that is only on my side of the family--not counting the ones on my husbands side:( Getting really scary !!! Not liking this at all!! Any way, sorry for the delay to my buddy-- but it will be on it's way today!!! Have a great day everyone!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 20, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9338122

Mine will go out tomorrow, so sorry, seems to be a pattern with me anymore. I really had it in my brain I had until tomorrow, just got on to see what all was going on and packages are going on...
I put everything in my smart phone but I guess my phone outsmarted me again. Worked well for the craft shows... ;(
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 21, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9339051

Box is on it's way...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 21, 2012
2:31 PM

Post #9339262

Shirley, So glad you're pleased and it cheered you up after these extra long days you're working, and am so sorry again for another death in your family. I did knit your potholders and dishcloth and your ornaments were blown by a guy who lives out West. Seeds were ones you'd requested from the Robin. Thought you'd like to have them now since you're near the end of the flight path. I had to chuckle when we were talking about grown-up chocolate vs regular and sent an assortment for you and the kiddos, large and small.

Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 21, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9339315

I really love knit...and crochet. Everyone got wonderful packages!
evr13
Fort Myers, FL

November 21, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9339468

Hi everyone,
So sorry to have missed some of these early posts, but yes, I received a lovely package from Lanakila and will try to post pics of the beautiful handmade goodies! It may take me a little while, but I will get there -- this is not only holiday madness season for me, but also travel for conferences and fellowship application season (I'm in grad school). I got an application in today and a pumpkin pie made, so checking in here is about all I have left :)

Susan, I'm so glad you received your package -- I was afraid of those cuttings sitting at the post office through Thanksgiving weekend. I've never tried cuttings of those before, but I saw them on your want list and figured it was worth a try. They're supposed to be easy and they take over parts of my yard, so if they don't take let me know and we can try again :)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Emily
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 21, 2012
7:18 PM

Post #9339494

Wow, Emily! You are a busy lady, and thank you for offering a do-over if I can't keep the cuttings going. I hope you have time to take a break tomorrow and enjoy the day with family. That cute Snowman ornament is on my desk, in anticipation of putting our tree up this week-end.

Happy early Thanksgiving, everyone!

PS Kim, after a length of chain stitches and single crochets...I'm lost.
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

November 26, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9342722

GM to everyone! Someone on the list that hasn't received their box yet should watch the mail today!!!! Tracking info says my box should arrive at it's destination today!!! Have a great day everyone!!
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9342728

I've been informed another package is on the way too :-)
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

November 26, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9343184

Tracking # says my package was delivered to my buddy today!!! Hope you enjoy!!! Shirley
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 26, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9343403

I got my package and what a beautiful package it is. Everything arrived safe and sound. I took lots of pics but the cable is at work so i will post tomorrow but wanted to tell tell my buddy sbish5 Shirley thank you so very much. The card is amazing! It is wooden with a snowman on the front then it opens and there is a beautiful painted message inside. You just won't believe it. Full of things I love and perfect for me. Can't wait to show the epics.
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9343435

Can't wait to see!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9343638

Here are my pics and everything is so cute.
This is naming all the stuff around the outside, a jingle bell door knob decorations
a tin solder with candy in it
decorated cup with a snowman on it with let it snow on the outside of it which is so darn cute along with hot chocolate
bag of beautiful tulips they are beautiful (oh did I say they were beautiful...rofl)
the most beautiful wooden card with a hand painted message inside (sorry the picture of the ouside isn't verry good)
little bags with snowmen on them that have ornaments in them - two different santas
the santa towel and potholder right up my alley
really cute happy holidays plaque which my DH's bathroom at the holidays is decorated with woodsey stuff and will fit perfect
and then the seeds, lots of seeds that will be so much fun in January when the cold and snow is here.
I got
mixed asiatic seeds
mixed hollyhock seeds
mixed decorative gourds really excited about this one
mixed marigold
yellow scabiosa
and two more packs with hand decorated env's that I didn't open...rofl, cause I didn't want to mess them up so not sure what is in them...rofl the packages were just so darn pretty.
So thank you so much everything fits me perfectly and excited about all the different seeds. You were truely a great swap buddy.
Dang can only upload 5 images, I took a pic of the seed packets but I think you can see her handy work in the original photo. OK I have to post another pic in another slot because the env's are just not showing up like I wanted. Again thank you I smiled all evening.

This message was edited Nov 27, 2012 8:16 AM

Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9343645

OK here is a pic of the seed packets. I love the hand painted ones for sure.

Thumbnail by happgarden

Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2012
1:23 PM

Post #9343929

What a Lovely package. I'm so glad everyone was pleased with their packages. I'm going to decorate my Tree this weekend :-)
One more person should be receiving a package soon.

legallyheidi

legallyheidi
Griffin, GA
(Zone 8a)

November 27, 2012
1:29 PM

Post #9343934

That card is amazing!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 27, 2012
2:45 PM

Post #9343983

Made you smile for sure, happ! Santa and Snowpeople, what could be happier?

Lovely job, Shirley. The wooden card is such a unique idea.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9344213

Yes that is a card that will be on display for a long time.
snowmen and Santa's are my thing for sure. Couldn't have been better.
Each item was wrapped in Bubble wrap and tied with ribbon...rofl. very pretty.

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

December 4, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9349477

I am so sorry everyone I have been MIA...I recv'd a BEAUTIFUL and SO much FUN box! Yummy Chocolates, a gorgeous set of pot holder& towel, a GREAt cookie cuttter with a rally cute poem attatched, some wonderful tea, a really cute ceramic snowman filled with yummy dip mixes, and so much more! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I promise not to be MIA anymore:)
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 4, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9349608

Oh great! I know you've been busy with some things...did you take any pictures?

Did anyone not receive a box? I hope all packages been received.

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

December 6, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9351277

I received my wonderful box from Alicia on Monday, here is what I received!

A beautiful little handmade card and everything else had handmade tags (wish I was so talented!)
Creamy carmel fruit dip mix (Yum!)
Packages of seeds hand wrapped with bows (again - you've got too much talent Alicia LOL)
A package of lotions (always need)
Happy Holidays kitchen towel and pot holder (again - always need)
Vanila Bean hand gel ( I love vanilla!)
Peppermint Patty hand soap (smells great!)
nail file ( can never find one when I need one thanks!)

Great job Alicia - thank you sooooooooooo much!

You really put me in the holiday spirit!

Sue G
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 6, 2012
11:33 AM

Post #9351387

Ohhhh Wow that sounds great! I've seen some of those little seed packs of hers...wayyyy too cute :-)

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

December 10, 2012
6:09 PM

Post #9355108

I finally got the pic of Alicia's box to upload!

Thumbnail by CheerMom

Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 11, 2012
7:06 AM

Post #9355448

Ohhhh that is very nice box full of goodies :-)

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

December 11, 2012
10:40 AM

Post #9355616

So glad your package arrived fianlly! I am so sorry it was so late! have a very Mery Christmas!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 13, 2012
7:27 AM

Post #9357174

That is a great box, and worth the wait I would say. Very nice.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America