Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Pets: Has anyone tried this or anything similar?

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 14, Views: 165
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

November 8, 2012
7:18 PM

Post #9328434

Moses has a beautiful shiny coat, but he scratches with this gas heat now. I thought this might help soothe him. The vet always seems to want to give him some sort of med. Anyone used this?

Alaskan Bear Treats Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil

Oh, BTW, he has something he wants to show you ... ☺

Thumbnail by IO1
Click the image for an enlarged view.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 8, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9328441

OH Susan! Moses looks great in his puppy boots! Love them! I couldn't put those on Izzy...she would eat them.

Now I have never heard of the Bear treats BUT was just told to change Izzys food to a fish based food with Omega 3 fish oil in it...so
I think you are on the right track. Izzy has the itches really bad also, first flea allergy...then the heat being on like Moses.

He looks so so good!! Thanks for the picture

Debbie
IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

November 8, 2012
7:57 PM

Post #9328458

Well, his Daddy says he's embarrissed for him. LOL

Thumbnail by IO1
Click the image for an enlarged view.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 8, 2012
8:09 PM

Post #9328466

His Daddy should be proud, they are NOT pink...and look very masculine! Not like you put bows on them (yet, wait for Christmas!!!)

jasminesmom

jasminesmom
Saugerties, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2012
5:26 AM

Post #9328604

I love the booties, I have never heard of Bear Treats but I do know that the fish oil does wonders. Moses is one handsome guy !!!
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9328677

My vet had suggested something with Omega 3's in it for my Sam a few years ago. So I say, go for it. The omega 3s are heart healthy too, so what could it hurt. It might help in more ways than one.

Love the boots!
IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

November 9, 2012
8:47 AM

Post #9328811

Oh thanks for the compliments on my new boots. My Daddy was giving me a complex, and I have tender tootsies. When I'm guiding Mama, I can't be worried about what I'm going to step on ... I need to be concentrating on where we're going. Sometimes, when we're walking along the road, I just want to say ouch ouch ouch! I wish people wouldn't throw trash out. And really, I hate chewing gum!

jasminesmom

jasminesmom
Saugerties, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9329006

I agree with you Moses about people throwing the trash, I had a rottie step on a thumb tac once and darn did that do some awful hurting for the pad of her foot, she hurt for weeks til it healed. You'll be happy to have the nice booties when the cold & snow hit you precious paws
lizzipa
Emerald Hills, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 9, 2012
4:12 PM

Post #9329182

I use the oil for my cats. I've given them Omega 3 oil for years, ever since the vet suggested it for one of the cats with sensitive skin (who loses hair if he doesn't get it). Then the vet mentioned it for another cat to help with arthritic issues... so, now I give it to all my cats. The last time I bought it, I noticed the Alaskan Bear Treats was cheaper, so now they're getting that - just don't tell the kitties it's labeled for dogs. LOL!
IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

November 9, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9329270

Shhh, I'm not tellin! LOL

My Mama has ordered me some! I can't wait to try it. I love my Glucosamine/Chondroitin with Omega 3, so I know I'm gonna love this ... plus I think it's gonna make my itchies better.
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2012
10:21 AM

Post #9331205

Susan, Moses is gorgeous! My Border Collie is 14 and gets an allergy shot every 21 days - he's miserable without it. I have spent a ton of money on otc remedies, but none worked - make Moses comfortable - get the meds!
IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

November 13, 2012
10:27 AM

Post #9332114

Kay, he gets meds. ☺ I really want to look into options other than meds. He's so young, and if I can control it without meds, I'd like to. You just never know about side affects when you take meds year after year. If I can't, then of course we'll go back. ☺ I'm just exploring options. I'll keep that guy comfortable!

BTW, thanks for the compliment!
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

November 14, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9333140

Zapita's heart is a flutter! She said to tell the mean ol' daddy that HER boyfriend is perfect!

She's excited about seeing him...and has been looking at all of her bows to pick out the perfect one for her hair for the meeting.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 14, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #9333301

OH My big boned baby girl...Zapita and Araness, we have missed you!!!

IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

November 14, 2012
9:01 PM

Post #9333548

Aww, he's all bathed and ready!

We're counting down the hours ... LOL

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America