Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cooking: freezing cheesecake

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 5, Views: 80
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dun1kirk
Berkeley, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9329181

Does anyone know if a cheesecake can be frozen for a few weeks?

lourspolaire

lourspolaire
Delray Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 9, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9329240

I make my own cheesecake, using Alton Brown's sour cream cheesecake recipe. It's easily found on Google. It freezes beautifully. I even have a friend who cuts it into 12 pieces, so he can defrost one slice at a time. Good stuff.

Purchased cheesecake, or any other recipe; I don't know, but Mr. Brown's recipe is a winner.

Sylvain.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 17, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9360375

I don't know why not...you can buy them frozen in the grocery store. We buy cheesecakes from The Cheesecake Factory and freeze them and they are excellent.
torriesmom
New York, NY
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9361019

You can freeze cheesecake. Cooking them in advance saves so much time. Make sure that it is wrapped well in plastic wrap and then place in a air tight container. (Think of something that has the air sucked out so there are no refrigerator taste and smells getting to it). Then double the zip lock bags etc.
I freeze my cheesecakes all the time and use them within the month or so. After that I found that the texture changed a little bit, or eat them frozen.
Let us know how they turned out.
Ivy
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 29, 2013
8:07 PM

Post #9402095

I always freeze mine. I slice it and set it on a cookie sheet. Freeze,then take it out and wrap the frozen pieces up in Saran Wrap. Put back in freezer. And take out one piece at a time. Unwrap them before they thaw out so their perfectly shaped slices when they thaw. Works perfectly for me!!
NikkiDrews
Monticello, IA

May 22, 2014
2:18 PM

Post #9846268

Yes you can. I have made it many times and frozen some to eat at a later date.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America