Photo by Melody
We want to hear from you! Please take this short, anonymous survey to help us improve the DG home page.

Cooking & Preserving Foods: freezing cheesecake

Communities > Forums > Cooking & Preserving Foods
Forum: Cooking & Preserving FoodsReplies: 5, Views: 86
Add to Bookmarks
Berkeley, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9329181

Does anyone know if a cheesecake can be frozen for a few weeks?

Delray Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 9, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9329240

I make my own cheesecake, using Alton Brown's sour cream cheesecake recipe. It's easily found on Google. It freezes beautifully. I even have a friend who cuts it into 12 pieces, so he can defrost one slice at a time. Good stuff.

Purchased cheesecake, or any other recipe; I don't know, but Mr. Brown's recipe is a winner.

Blackshear, GA

December 17, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9360375

I don't know why can buy them frozen in the grocery store. We buy cheesecakes from The Cheesecake Factory and freeze them and they are excellent.
New York, NY
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9361019

You can freeze cheesecake. Cooking them in advance saves so much time. Make sure that it is wrapped well in plastic wrap and then place in a air tight container. (Think of something that has the air sucked out so there are no refrigerator taste and smells getting to it). Then double the zip lock bags etc.
I freeze my cheesecakes all the time and use them within the month or so. After that I found that the texture changed a little bit, or eat them frozen.
Let us know how they turned out.
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 29, 2013
8:07 PM

Post #9402095

I always freeze mine. I slice it and set it on a cookie sheet. Freeze,then take it out and wrap the frozen pieces up in Saran Wrap. Put back in freezer. And take out one piece at a time. Unwrap them before they thaw out so their perfectly shaped slices when they thaw. Works perfectly for me!!
Monticello, IA

May 22, 2014
2:18 PM

Post #9846268

Yes you can. I have made it many times and frozen some to eat at a later date.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking & Preserving Foods Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Dehydration Grits 33 Jul 5, 2010 7:08 AM
The secret to excellent salsa dave 11 Apr 10, 2012 8:43 PM
Question on Canning Cucumber Pickles Karrie20x 18 Mar 21, 2008 3:53 AM
More Unusual Canning Recipes darius 61 Aug 18, 2014 4:11 PM
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America