Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Computer Talk: option has disappeared

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 3, Views: 52
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9329238

This is hard to explain- When I browse websites such as Tomatoville, DG, PlantSwap, etc, in the past when I wanted to get out of a thread, I would click on the X and would get the message asking if I want to close the tab or close all tabs- I would choose just the present tab, and it would go back to the main window. that has gone away, and I get put out of the whole website, and have to reopen it. Can someone tell me what caused this? I'm wondering if it may have been a windows update. BTW, I am using windows7 home premium on a fairly new PC- Internet Explorer9 - (please don't tell me to switch browsers- been there -like IE9)
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9329253

I have IE 9, and if you want to close just one tab, the easiest thing to do is if you look at the tabs that you have open, you should see a little x on the right side of the title of the active tab. If you click that x, it just closes that one tab.

If you click the big red X in the upper right corner of the browser, mine still asks me if you want to close all tabs or just the one. When that question pops up, there's a check box in it asking if you want to always close all tabs, so my guess is at some point you accidentally checked that box so now whenever you click that X, it closes the whole browser.

If you want to get things back to where clicking the red x gives you that option to close all or just one again, go to Tools-->Internet Options, then click the "settings" button in the Tabs section. In the settings screen, make sure that "warn me when closing multiple tabs" is checked.
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9329305

Many thanks, ecrane- that did it- guess I clicked sometime not knowing !
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9329917

Glad that worked for you!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America