Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Support for our Becky (Bec_no_va) #2

Communities > Forums > Mid-Atlantic Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Mid-Atlantic GardeningReplies: 222, Views: 1,797
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9329275

please see next post

Thumbnail by critterologist
Click the image for an enlarged view.

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9329277

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280766/

After a harrowing, roller-coaster ride through diagnosis last month, Becky just got some good news.

A large "thing" in her liver turned out to NOT be cancer at all, simplifying her treatment plan. In fact, the ONLY cancer found after a great deal of poking and prodding has been the squamous cell cancer in the lymph node that was removed at the beginning of all this. So, it's still cancer, and she'll still need to undergo chemo in order to blast any stray cells that might be lurking, but the fact that they've only found it in this one place is tremendously good news.

If you're just finding this, you might be confused by "platypus" references. During most of the diagnostic phase, her doctors were assuming that "thing" in her liver was cancer, so she was looking into clinical trials and discussing various aggressive treatment plans. I said I thought she should insist on a biopsy of her liver before proceeding, because "it might look like a duck and quack like a duck and turn out to be a platypus." So when we all got the news that the mass in her liver was benign, we said, sure enough, it was a platypus!

Becky had her first chemo session yesterday, and she reported that she just sailed through it, because, as she says, she is just THAT GOOD. LOL

Please continue to keep Becky in your thoughts and lift her up in prayer. Thanks!

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #9329355

I wish I could find a link...any who...Dr. Mark Sloan aka McSteamy (RIP - I'm still not forgiving the writers for THAT one) on Greys Anatomy had a great line in one episode..his response was simply 'because I am THAT good' So it's been a running joke between Becky and I since. Just thought y'all might wanna know where that came from...LOL
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
7:37 PM

Post #9329356

Well, I've gotten here two ways now, so this must be the spot.
Thanks Jill and Chantell for continuation thread.
Looking forward to seeing your shining smile each day when I log on Becky, as you continue your Mission Possible journey.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #9329501

Yes, Mission Possible! Yay! What a journey!!! I count it all joy to know all of you.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2012
6:14 AM

Post #9329518

Jill, thanks for clarifying for me. You are a wonderful support person.

Becky if you felt my 'not so much' comment to minimize your situation, I didn't mean to.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9329603

Giggle, nope, to at all - it's what I'm doing with my Tiz'nutin but a thing, so it's all good ^_^
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9329669

TOY Bec and following along so this pops up in Holly's thread watch. Does anyone else remember "Feed me platypus duck, Bill", a funny little ditty. Ric

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9329685

What a beautiful day we're having - sitting at the kitchen table, drinking tea & looking at our bird feeder. Freya thinks it's a kitty smørgåsbord...my little assassin wannabe!

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 13, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9331857

Will continue prayer and add that your chemo won't take ya down to much. My prayer for continued improvement and much joy in your life, you are a LIVING testament to God!!!!!!! of his wonderful healing.

You go girl!

Jan
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9331938

Enjoy those peaceful moments whenever you can... and remember, resting IS fighting. You're keeping your body strong so you can rebound from the chemo effects.

HUGS

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 13, 2012
9:31 AM

Post #9332067

Woke up feeling much better today after 2 days of meeeh and tired - also got a touch of flu I had to battle, so I did do some good resting and sleeping...if it continues like this I'm positive I can 'sail' through it with a few days of feeling 'off' - today I'm thinking I'll attempt some cleaning in the bathroom, the cupboards there are frankly quite scary and I'm afraid of what I might find! ^_^
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2012
11:41 AM

Post #9332183

and why are you bouncing around already, preparing to do battle with your cupboards?

because...

You are just THAT good!

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2012
3:16 AM

Post #9334442

You go girl.

Jan

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2012
4:04 AM

Post #9334458

So happy to hear about the "platypus"!! My best friend Milllie (who was diagnosed about the same time) and I follow your progress and add you to our prayers daily. We feel that our prayers for you are being answered and it gives us hope for her too. We laugh about her over protective daughter who would be mortified if Millie announced that she would be cleaning cupboards, so all this is done when Noelle is not at Millie's house. Eventually she will relax and let her mom continue to live her life according to the way she feels.
rubyw
Crozet, VA

November 16, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9334557

Becky...I made a note earlier in the week to dmail you and the note got lost and I got side tracked. I suppose I will write publically what I was going to say privately...it may help someone else on down the road.

I think of you often and it hit me earlier in the week that over the years that I have dealt with chronic illness I finally came up with a strategy that has really helped in terms of how I feel these days. For many years I attempted to try and continue the same level of activity as before illness. This often left me very frustrated and depressed. My body had betrayed me big time at a very young age. I am in contact with others who suffer the same chronic illness as myself and I attempt to pass along what has been the most help for me in terms of coping with disease.

What I finally came up with was the very simple idea of listening to what my body was telling me and then act accordingly. It has made a real difference and I am much better off whenever I heed my own advice. I realized that before illness and needing to become very in tune with my body, I had always acted in a certain way and often didn't respect the messages that my body was trying to send me. Once I was able to listen to body signals, I truly began feeling better. If I was tired, I had to allow myself time to rest. If I was sleepy, I needed to sleep, even it wasn't bed time. If I had hunger pangs, that meant I needed to nourish my body. If I were in pain, I needed to treat the pain in some way. I now believe that our bodies will guide us as to what is needed if we will just pay attention. A healthy person may be able to let nagging voices to be quieted and not dealt with. For a person battling health issues, it is imperative that they pay attention to what the voices are saying. I can guarantee if you begin listening to the signals your body is giving you, that it will make a major difference in how you feel.

This advice is the very best I have to offer you. I wish you continued feeling well and stand with all the others in prayer for your recovery. Have a good weekend friend.

Ruby
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9334608

Ruby, you put that very well. It's a hard thing to learn, especially for those of us who are particularly stubborn determined.

Becky, hoping this will be an "up" weekend for you. Looks like pretty weather, so maybe you'll be able to get out and about this weekend if your white count is behaving. Prayers for every molecule of those chemo drugs to be executing a successful "search and destroy" mission against any suspicious cell... more prayers that there's nothing that needs zapping!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 16, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #9334645

Yes, that was very well put - I decided against the cleaning and spent the last 2 days just chilling - did a few small jobs that needed to be delivered, I can't give up work completely as long as I have the energy.

However, my poor Sammie came down with acute pancreatitis yesterday and it's been an incredibly hard 24 hrs - we're beyond worried and scared we might lose him - he's been on so many medications for so long for his other medical issues that his immune system has no defenses left
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 16, 2012
9:23 AM

Post #9334652

Oh Becky, my heart goes out to you all.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 16, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9334667

Hugs and prayers for you

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 16, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9334934

Another Angel crossed the rainbow bridge today...my sweet baby is not in pain any more
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2012
3:09 PM

Post #9334938

Oh, Becky, I'm so sorry. He was such a sweetie... I'm pretty sure that, big as he was, his heart was even bigger. Knowing he's got some good company as he waits on the other side of the Bridge doesn't do much to make you & Greg feel better tonight... So I hope you can feel all the love and hugs coming your way...

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2012
3:16 PM

Post #9334940

so sorry to hear of your loss, my Acacia, Blessing, and Sarah are there to befriend Sammie.

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #9334957

Oh Bec, So very sorry. It is awfully hard to loose a much loved pet.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 16, 2012
4:41 PM

Post #9335015

Becky and Greg I am so sorry!!!

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9335048

For those of you not blessed to have received a big ole slobbery smoocharoo from this fine looking gentleman or have been klunked by one of his Texas size bones let me just tell you. He was the sweetest big goober you ever would want to meet. His bark made your rib cage vibrate and your ears ring...for those that remember the movie Turner and Hooch - yepper, Sammie could go head to head in the drooling Olympics with Hooch. He had no issue backing up to you while you were sitting on the coach and sit directly on your lap...anything for a butt scratch. Bec and Greg would, much like the mommy with the burp cloth, run after him with his drool rag...to take care of his 'hangers.' Once he realized it was 'you' at the door - he'd lumber over to find one of those HUGE bones and walk toward you 'woofing' with his mouth full - that was Sammie's way of greeting those he'd 'allow' into 'his' townhouse. And his kisses...well safe to say they started at your collarbone and ended at your hairline...won't even discuss when he'd catch you with your mouth open...LOL. Becky and Greg worked hard with him...and spent much time with him at various vets. He was so lucky to have them...and they in turn were blessed by this sweet boy. I will certainly miss my New Year's Eve date this year. Please keep Bec and Greg in your prayers...

Thumbnail by Chantell

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 16, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9335094

I am so very sorry for your loss, this just breaks my heart. Sammy was such a special "big goober" as Chantell said.

We have been having similar issues (digestive) with Izzy and finding a cause and cure is so so hard...especially these big breeds.

Bec & Greg, sending great big hugs to both of you...I know your love for him was returned 10 X by him to you.

Debbie

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 17, 2012
3:11 AM

Post #9335251

Many hugs and prayers for you guys, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!! :(
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 17, 2012
11:58 AM

Post #9335583

just dropping by with a big HUG

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 17, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9335589

Jill ~ you're right, his heart was as big as the rest of him...he loved us to distraction, loyal, protective & a big baby all at once - him & I had an incredibly strong bond - those he loved, he loved fiercely. The house is incredibly quiet & I can't quit crying...he taught us patience & unconditional love. He'll forever be in our hearts & minds, from the funny crap he got into (eating socks & cell phones, with detrimental results) to the exasperating barking at the tiniest thing & the UPS dude. We know there is another dog out there who'll need us & he/she will find us when the time is right...until then I'll remember my heart dog & know he's waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge, long with Izzy, JB & all the others who's been in our lives to teach us about joy & love of life.

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 17, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #9335625

Becky - I am so sorry about Sammy. I know the strong bond you shared with him and the heartache you are feeling now. My thoughts are with you.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 17, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #9335815

Dear hearts, Big hugs coming your way as you grieve about sweet Sammie
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 18, 2012
10:37 AM

Post #9336241

Keeping you & Greg close in my thoughts this weekend... I know that you know it'll get easier, but I also know how much you just hurt right now. *hugs*
rubyw
Crozet, VA

November 18, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9336451

What sad news...I had heard so much about this big boy for so long that I felt as though I knew him. Becky, I knew of your great love for him too and just read that you cannot stop crying. About three years ago I was in the same place after losing my big boy that I had almost fourteen years. I spent just one day grieving like I cannot remember grieving before. I awoke that second morning and knew that I just could not continue the amount of crying and the sadness I had experienced the day before. When I thought of the reason I had always felt that Lucky came in to my life, I had to step back and think that since with every ounce of my being, I believed him to be a gift from God to help me heal through my most tragic of life's problems, I couldn't revert back to the same level of grieving I was doing when he came in to my life. He would want me to be happy, even with him gone, because that was his job here on earth...to make my life more pleasurable and happy. I knew it would truly grieve him to know that he was responsible for the amount of sadness and despair I felt, so at that moment I was able to turn things around and think of him and that he was and meant to me while alive.

Everyone grieves differently and for different periods of time. I know that there will be a time when your tears have stopped and you too will remember him with total joy. Cry all that you need to for now though...each and every drop is healing for you. You have had a lot to carry on your shoulders recently. God hears the prayers and sees the tears and he knows our hearts. He will not allow you to suffer to beyond what you are able. He will pick you up as you start to fall.

I am so sorry for yours and Greg's great loss. God bless and comfort you sweetie.

Ruby
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 21, 2012
1:08 PM

Post #9339211

Hope you're doing well, have a nice holiday, and I'm thankful it's a platypus. Ric
VA_Wild_Rose
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 21, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9339501

Oh my gosh Bec! I am playing catch up on threads and just saw the news on your Sampson!
I am so very sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Greg!
I remember him when I came to the swap at your place... he never quite warmed up to me,
but what a splendid animal he was! My heart aches for you tonight!

Karen

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 21, 2012
8:59 PM

Post #9339556

Hey Folks - I'm late coming on to share some additional 'news' - my apologies but I've been trying to keep up with my sis' health since her surgery last week (please cont prayer for her) - went to a previous patient's husband's funeral and attended a funeral for a friend's father at Arlington Cemetery today (see photo below)...mercy...enough of that. I just wanted you all to know why I'm so late with the following...sadly Becky's 5 year old Thor (Norwegian Forest Cat) has passed away. I only 'spoke' to her (texts) briefly but apparently he died in his sleep. I'm speechless as to all of these things happening in such a short time. I don't understand the why's...there's no way to explain them. I ask that you hold Bec and Greg up in prayer asking the Lord to provide comfort and the peace that passes all understanding. I can't even imagine two losses so close together not to mention enduring this during such a stressful time for her. Even a few min's a day from each of us - of holding them up in prayer will most certainly be appreciated. Hugs to you all!!

Thumbnail by Chantell

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 21, 2012
10:23 PM

Post #9339588

Oh, no! What sad news. Thor the Thunder Cat! It's just heartbreaking to think they've lost him, too, so soon after losing Sammie. I'm so sorry.

(((Becky & Gregg)))

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2012
2:52 AM

Post #9339640

Oh man, this is such sad news!! Yes absolutely, I will keep keeping them in my prayers, of course!!!!!

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9339740

Good gosh. How much can be heaped on someone at once? I know you will continue to remain strong and your fighting spirit will dominate. All I can say is you have hugs, prayers, and friendship from us, and hopefully it helps you knowing that you have a loving group standing beside you for whatever support you need. God bless yuou Becky and Greg.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9339847

Hi all & thank you - I just couldn't bear to post any more negative stuff...we're heartbroken about Thor the Thunder kitty, he was the most loving kitty ever, had the most horrible fish breath and a compulsive licker!! The dynamics in our now very tiny family has been turned up-side-down and it'll take a long time to get back on track again - we know there are other animals out there who'll need parents like us, so Thor and Sammie will send them when the time is right. As we're about to celebrate Thanksgiving I'll freely admit I'm having trouble finding things to be thankful for, but I know I have so many blessings in my life and this too shall pass - have a great weekend, enjoy each day and your family, fur-children and friends to the fullest...Bec

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va   Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #9339848

[quote="aspenhill"] All I can say is you have hugs, prayers, and friendship from us, and hopefully it helps you knowing that you have a loving group standing beside you for whatever support you need. God bless you Becky and Greg.[/quote]
us too.

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 22, 2012
8:25 AM

Post #9339889

Thinking of you this morning. I still can't stand to cook the liver from the Thanksgiving turkey, because Blake and I used to share the treat. (Eliot won't touch it, so he's not being deprived.)

Some years the blessings are harder to count than others. I'm glad you & Greg can hold onto each other today. Is your DMIL still there, too?

Love you.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2012
8:54 AM

Post #9339907

Yes, she thankfully is - she's been such an incredible support for me/us - she leaves on Tuesday though :( We're heading down to FL 14-19 Dec to celebrate Greg's 50th (timed chemo around it :))

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 22, 2012
9:00 AM

Post #9339909

(((Bec & Greg))))

These times in life make it so so hard. I understand not finding something to be thankful for. Perhaps be thankful that Thor chose his own time, and you didn't have to make that decision again...he took that stress away from you.

My mom always used to sneak the giblets into the stuffing. I would get a bite of turkey liver or heart...and just gag. BUT she did it every year, and it was always a "joke" who would get that piece. Well the first year without her...I had such a hard time eating that stuffing because I left it all out. The next year...well, one of my daughters got a chunk of gizzard...and while swearing at me, we all had tears in our eyes. Knowing a piece of grandma's tradition had returned.

You will find something like this to smile about soon...we all love you Bec

Debbie

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 22, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9339940

what part of FL are you coming to? Have a safe trip down.

I'm on the west coast just south of Tampa should you be over this way please say hello.

Prayers of comfort for the heart breaking loses you have had.

I wish God gave us their companionship for a lot longer.

Jan
VA_Wild_Rose
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2012
1:35 PM

Post #9340039

{{{{{hugs}}}}} Becky!
So sorry for the many trials you are facing now.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9340224

Oh, my dear. We are continuing to hold you and Greg up through another loss. looking forward to hearing about the next ones that Sammie and Thor send your way.
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2012
7:36 PM

Post #9340267

My 6yo grandson called me this morning to say Happy Thanksgiving but mostly to tell me the one thing he was most thankful for..."the one cat that is still alive, 'Snowball' but Grandma, I think 'Sassafras' is still here,too. She's like watching me and 'Sleepy', too. I can sense them!"

I pray that we all will love ourselves and each other in the wholehearted way our fur friends have shown us is possible in all the days ahead. Prayers continue for you and Gregg here.
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2012
1:43 AM

Post #9340336

Bec, So sorry to hear about Thor. It's been 3 1/2 years and I still miss Bubbles. Ric

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 23, 2012
11:34 AM

Post #9340580

Chloe said this morning "Memee, I miss Grandma May and Amber". Bet grandmas pretty happy Chloe at least mentioned her BEFORE the dog - LOL! I told her the usual - they were in heaven with Jesus and had brand new bodies with no pain. She smiled, thought a moment and said "But I still miss them". I said "I know but aren't we thankful that we got to have them around for a bit - huh?" So hard..even as an adult but good to remember the times we've been blessed to have our furr babies as well as our human family if even for a little.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 23, 2012
1:32 PM

Post #9340649

Well said, dear.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 23, 2012
1:44 PM

Post #9340657

It's official - I'm bald!!!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 23, 2012
1:44 PM

Post #9340658

Crap - forgot my bald picture!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 23, 2012
2:05 PM

Post #9340669

I figured it was about time for the "bald is beautiful". Ten days after start of chemo...it is just like a timer goes off and the hair falls out. I think mom made it to 14 days.

Good thing you are so beautiful you don't need hair on your head anyway! BUT keep it warm if you go outside!!!

Love you Bec, you are just amazing!

Debbie

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 23, 2012
2:31 PM

Post #9340682

Dammit - I thought it went through :(

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 23, 2012
2:36 PM

Post #9340684

You look great!!!

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 23, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9340731

WOW you've got such beautiful eyes Becky!!! Forget the hair, it's much nicer this way to make your gorgeous eyes stand out! =)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9340771

WOW is right! You look totally dramatic... strikingly beautiful eyes, then accented with the strong outline of your glasses... people who don't know you will think this is a purposeful "look!"

It's such a change when you see yourself in the mirror, I know, but somehow it also steels your determination... you look at your reflection and say, "OK -- we're doing this!"

I posted this before, but just for solidarity... I cut off the ponytail before my hair came out completely (which happened pretty much all at once).

LMK if you want to borrow my blond pixie wig! I didn't wear it much... but I did get it out for this family photo...

Thumbnail by critterologist   Thumbnail by critterologist         

Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 23, 2012
6:01 PM

Post #9340819

I concur. You look wonderful!! Your eyes just draw us in.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 24, 2012
1:14 AM

Post #9341045

I really love that photo of you Becky, it's STRONG and beautiful. I can imagine you having it pinned up somewhere, and looking at it from time to time.. and your photo self looks straight back at your real self, as if to say, "OK, look, I know times are tough, but WE WILL BE JUST FINE. Ya got that!?".

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 24, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9341098

Becky, You totally Rock that look. I mean it.
Which is not to say - there could have been some 'moments of concern' when it started to go- who wouldn't be concerned over losing their hair all at once?

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 24, 2012
10:31 AM

Post #9341297

Actually - the hairloss was planned out perfectly - cut it really short before treatment and my hairdresser and I agreed I'd come straight down once the hair starting coming out
rubyw
Crozet, VA

November 24, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9341377

Not many folks (females) can pull off the bald look, but I am with the others in saying that it really does suit you. Kind of goes along with the strong attitude you normally have. I AM WOMAN!!! No doubt about that...the photo is great!!!

So sorry about Thor. My gosh...speechless, which doesn't happen too very often here. As always...I am holding you and yours in prayer.

Ruby

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 26, 2012
1:29 PM

Post #9343108

Quick health update...my blood work both weeks came back close to perfect, I'm gaining weight - 'cause I'm eating everything in sight! Feeling great and minus a rotten cold, I'm ready for the next round of chemo on Thursday

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 26, 2012
1:37 PM

Post #9343116

Bec that is such good news! You must be on steroids to be starving like that? Keeping you in thoughts and prayers and sending LOTS of hugs,

Debbie

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 26, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9343133

Only Steroids during treatment, not the rest of the time ^_^
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 26, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9343189

Woohoo!! Happy dance!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 26, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9343294

Wow, awesome!

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 26, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9343383

Holding you up in prayer - kick this nasty cold and build strength for TH...LOVE YA

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 27, 2012
3:03 AM

Post #9343567

YIPPEEE, that is GREAT news!!! Here, give me that cold, I'll take it for ya! < =D

coleuslover123

coleuslover123
Mount Laurel, NJ

November 27, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #9343585

Wow, hang in there Bec, so sorry to hear about your health problems and then the death of your animals on top of all that! Your cat looks so beautiful! I wonder how long you had it.
Good luck to you, I hope things start getting better.

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2012
9:45 AM

Post #9343785

good news thanks for letting us know

Jan

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 27, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9344125

I heard to day that some insurance will pay for your 'cranial prosthesis' (Wig, LOL!)

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 27, 2012
9:26 PM

Post #9344384

Yes, I can get one up to $1500 - I'm good with my free one from ACS...look like a drag-queen wannabe, but that's ok :-)
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 29, 2012
4:09 AM

Post #9345205

Warm thoughts and prayers coming your way for round two chemo today.
Bundle up Becky! And I hope your wig or hat or whatever doesn't itch.
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 29, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9345331

Sending warm wishes and support your way.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 29, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #9345366

Greetings from the chemo room...just woke up after a 2 hr "nap" :-) still doing great, the meds they give me keeps me pretty happy & drowsy...MIL has left, so Greg's with me today & will be for remaining cycles...just sent him downstairs to the "chow hole" for lunch - they have the best hot dogs & fries! Unlike other people on chemo, I'm having no issues eating - rather the opposite :-) toodles
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 29, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9345372

Happy lunch time. Always suspected you wree one of a kind!

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 29, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9345564

Hope your tolerance for this treatment continues and you stay feeling good.

Eat to your hearts content.

Jan
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 29, 2012
1:41 PM

Post #9345573

Yummm -- hot dogs and fries!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 29, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9345859

Glad to get a good report! I gained weight during my chemo, too, and my oncologist said it wasn't a concern, rather the opposite, because he thought (just a sense of things from his experience, no stats here) patients who gained weight during treatment seemed to have a better prognosis/outcome. So, appetite is good! You gotta figure the chemo is doing some damage to various "good" cells in your body while it's hunting down and blowing up any bad ones... so your body needs extra resources for healing as you go through the process. Munch, munch!

Mega hugs

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 29, 2012
7:50 PM

Post #9345864

So I might end up a 'few' pounds heavier - who cares, I'll be fat, healthy and happy :)

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 30, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #9346075

I like the visual of treatments as tiny commandos, / ninjas, destroying the enemy! Sadly, I think the Norse people are too nice to have their own version of ninjas- Or wait, Vikings? Thor, taking his hammer to the bad cells? A bunch of tiny Thors.

(from http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.plu.edu/~vanwyhga/thor.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.plu.edu/~vanwyhga/mythsand.htm&h=744&w=1038&sz=63&tbnid=KR0ybwxjf5FpgM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=126&zoom=1&usg=__sk32jNvZ_uZspQPhmsr31A7KBfY=&docid=DWac6DYziewvUM&sa=X&ei=O7q4UNSEO6-50AG3soHAAw&ved=0CFEQ9QEwBw&dur=4819)

Thumbnail by sallyg

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

November 30, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9346082

It's wonderful to watch your encouraging progress, Bec. You'll have plenty of time to shed extra pounds if you want to. My friend Millie is going thru similar experiences and is also happy for your progress. You both look rather exotic with and without your hats and wigs.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 30, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9346130

Got an unepected gift yesterday - well, more of a loaner gift - my neighbors therapist sent this with him for me - a proper wig...I DO look like my mother :)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2012
9:52 AM

Post #9346232

As to the lighter side, I'm ROTFL I got this mental picture of Bec being up all night because the hammering is just driving her bonkers.
You can't exactly tell Thor "No hammering between the hours of 10 and 6." LOL Ric

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2012
8:15 PM

Post #9346615

I really do like this one, Bec!!

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 1, 2012
2:54 AM

Post #9346689

Oooh, this one is adorable Becky!! Hmmm... hard to pick now, between this one and none at all. This one is a really good colour on you and the style is cute and chic at the same time, but none-at-all is BEAUTIFUL.

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #9346713

Really good looking!! Let us know if they are comfortable so that we can substitute some expensive hair appointments with a good looking alternative!!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 1, 2012
11:58 AM

Post #9346980

They are comfortable, but can get a little hot and itchy after a while :) wore it last nite, people didn't recognize me - I can be all sneaky and inconspicuous now!!

On Christmassy note - Greg and I just became the proud parents of a noooo kitten - Freya needed a kitten after we lost Thor and "Lily" is sleeping in a kennel, while Freya is suspiciously eying her up...she's a tiny 9 week old light red and white kitten - all princess :) pics will follow once she's awake and up :) super cuddly, super sweet and I think she's the perfect match for our home...now Freya needs to get over the newness and I think they'll get along great :)

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 1, 2012
2:38 PM

Post #9347065

Meet Lily

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va

coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 1, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9347071

Oh my goodness she is very very sweet.You are a very lucky new kitty mom. God bless all.
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 1, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9347075

Bec what a cute new kitty. I am sure that she will fit right in to the family.
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9347101

She is beautiful!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

December 1, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9347136

What a sweetie!
rubyw
Crozet, VA

December 2, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9347575

Becky, it is great to hear that the treatments are going well for you. Hope it continues. Oh gosh, I have been on steroids in the past and they are really good for adding the pounds. Jill mentioned the need for your body to replace the nourishment and other things that are wacky at the moment...so have fun eating whatever your heart desires.

Waving hello to all others here.

Ruby

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 2, 2012
9:10 AM

Post #9347615

Thanks Ruby, yes, treatments are going very well and minus the bald, shiny head I'm doing great :) I'm only on steroids for 2 days after treatment, so not sure where the appetite is coming from - am gaining weight as we speak...of course stuffing my face with everything in sight isn't helping one bit!

Kitty's name changed to Freda, another Norse name - she is totally fearless!!! :)

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 5, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9350494

Quick update - not sure if it's the treatment or the Fibro, but the last couple of days have been rough, tired, worn out and pretty bad bone ache/pain - I've managed to get some sleep, but it has been pretty erratic for the last 3 days, I was expecting it to get a bit worse with each treatment tho, so I guess it's par for the course - I'm feeling a bit better today, so I'm hoping it'll get better each day - I do need to get outside and take a walk, think it'll work wonders - it's so pretty!!! :)
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 5, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9350528

Bec, This is no easy thing you are doing. Wish I could do more for you than to send good wishes but I will send them. Yes try to get outside even for just a few minutes. Wrap up and sit in a chair for just 5 mins it will give a boost to both your mind and your body. Fresh air does wonders and a new view will help as well.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

December 5, 2012
10:11 PM

Post #9351037

Ditto... and, just to check, if you got one of those shots to boost white or red cell counts, flu-like symptoms (especially those bone-deep aches) are unfortunately par for the course... but if that's what's going on, it should just be a couple of days, and then you'll start picking up.

I don't think it's necessarily true that chemo gets worse with each treatment, although your body's reserves can be less as you go along. But it is true that each chemo treatment can be its own thing -- the side effects can be a little different each time. Next time, you could breeze right through, and that's sure how I'm hoping it'll go.

Meanwhile, we've got to keep getting you through *this* time... lots of prayers and well-wishes heading your way! Hope you're getting lots of good cuddle time and giggles from your kitties. Purrrrrs are very theraputic.

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 6, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9351146

Heres to continued prayers for endurance for this treatment for ya. Hope you were able to enjoy your day yesterday.

Jan
Foxnfirefly
Falls Church, VA
(Zone 7b)

December 8, 2012
2:16 PM

Post #9353170

Just got back in to DG after a long time-out and saw this. I am very worried and concerned for you, Becky. It has been a roller-coaster reading journey through this thread. I pray that you can persevere and keep up the good humor and spirit that has kept you on the healing path. It's wonderful to know there's a great supprt team on DG!! I wish you all the best.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 8, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9353308

Thank you so much :) I'm doing pretty good today, this is when I feel ok for 2 weeks before next treatment - we'll be in FL for 5 days, so I'll be enjoying getting spoiled by MIL and family :)
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

December 8, 2012
7:09 PM

Post #9353342

Enjoy Florida dear!

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2012
10:18 PM

Post #9353401

Soak up some sun...(a very little bit) and drink a frozen beverage for me!!! Remember this view...

Thumbnail by Chantell

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 9, 2012
3:53 AM

Post #9353449

I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing time in FL, and soak up lots of loving spoilage! =) ... hmmm, that didn't sound quite right, huh? heeheeheee

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 9, 2012
6:06 AM

Post #9353512

we are enjoying incredible weather right now. We just had a block christmas party yesterday and the temps were in the 80's with the best sea breeze blowing. What part of FL are you going to?

Jan

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 9, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9353605

Naples :)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 9, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9353973

Bec I just got back from Siesta Key area. I was in the water on Wednesday before plane left, the water was 73!!! Temps in the 80s, so you will enjoy!
Naples is beautiful, I have friends that live nearby.

Enjoy the sunshine and warmth...safe travels!

Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy         

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2012
8:27 PM

Post #9354224

Give 'mom' a hug from me...hope to see her next time she's up. Keep that mask in place while on plane!! Hugs
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

December 10, 2012
4:50 AM

Post #9354369

Ditto what Chantell said -- including stay safe as possible from all those recirculating germs in the airplane! You can take it off and smooch with Greg when you're on the ground.

Have a wonderful trip! Christmas bows and palm trees... I can just picture it!

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2012
9:32 AM

Post #9354663

Have a great time relaxing in the sunshine!
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 12, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9356802

Bec, I just found this thread and you and your family are in my prayers. I been having medical issues since Thanksgiving and had a second CAT Scan at Hershey Med on Tuesday. Colon and/or stomach. Have fun, enjoy the warmth of your family and FLA and you are on my prayer list. Judy (Buttoneer)

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2012

Post #9356918

Thanks Judy! Hope everything turns out good with your results!!!

I'm so looking forward to a few days of doing absolutely nothing - I can't be in the sun much, but I'll be enjoying Mom's lanai ^_^
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

December 12, 2012
9:21 PM

Post #9356963

(((Judy))) Keep us posted!

Becky, safe travels! I'm picturing you with a huge straw hat, lying back on a lounge, arms open wide to soak up the warmth of the sun... resting, relaxing, healing...

(I sure wish I could give credit to whomever created this image... it's been making the email rounds for a while now)

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 13, 2012
5:12 AM

Post #9357042

Siesta Key, well you were right down the road. Becky Naples is beautiful, glad you will be where it is warm for a while. Enjoy.

Jan

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9357120

Jill--

That is hilarious! Could you send me that picture without your copyright on it?

I would like to send it on to some animal lovers...Thanks, Gita
rubyw
Crozet, VA

December 13, 2012
8:18 AM

Post #9357228

Hi guys - I have been missing on some reading for a week or so now. Sorry to hear that you had some aches and pains along with this last treatment Becky. Let's hope that is the worst of it. As for the eating...the steroids and stopping smoking are giving you a double whammy in the appetite department. In times past when using Prednisone I usually weigh in at the 200 lb. range. I took a short course of eight days last week due to hip pain which was making it very difficuclt for me to move around. Like magic, one day on the steroids and that particular pain felt much much better. Have finished the course now and no complaints thankfully.

Please have a great time in FL. Oh how nice that would be. Warm weather sounds good about now. Check in when you can. As always...thinking kind thought of you and wishing you well.

Ruby

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 13, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9357443

Meadow,I was everywhere from Palmetto to Venice and in between! Wedding & visiting in Bradenton, visited family in several places and my old home in Venice.

Safe travels Bec!!!

Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

December 13, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9357649

whups, thanks Gita, I did mean to turn off the copyright when i posted that image -- especially since it's not mine.

trying again...

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9357671

Thanks, Jill...
I cannot imagine any cats putting up with having this done to them.
Maybe they were drugged??? They DO look a bit "laid back"...

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 14, 2012
8:24 PM

Post #9358621

photo shop

jan
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 15, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9359209

Will let you all know when I see my doctor on Monday. I cheated & got a copy of the report *& the CD from the cat scan. Would rather be prepared when I see Dr. Mike on Monday. Judy

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2012
7:23 AM

Post #9363734

Hey hey all - had my 3rd treatment yesterday, so I'm half way there!! Still no major side effects, just the tiredness/ache and hairloss :) We're celebrating a very, very quiet Christmas, did all of that in FL last weekend...no decorating or big dinner for us here, the flying kittens wreak havoc, so no tree :) I'll make a ham on Sunday and side dishes, so all we have to do is heat it up come Monday and Tuesday...I'll probably be sleeping most of the time anyway :) Nothing wrong with the appetite tho, I have gained 15 lbs in the last 2 months, not too concerned, I'm enjoying the food too much :) My nurse, Sarah, is in awe of how well I am doing, my blood levels yesterday were good enough to receive the entire rooms treatments, 5 800 is incredible and I'm a hematological wonder! I am being very, very careful about what I eat and do, stay away from crowds (except the FL trip), and so far have managed to avoid any colds...tons of vitamins and supplements - CT scan follow-up on January 3rd to make sure there are no major changes - still no cancer markers to be seen in my blood work. Not working much, don't want to commit to any larger jobs and then not being able to deliver, so only a few smaller jobs to bring in a little bit of income to pay for food, small expenses :) I guess I am doing everything the right way :)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #9363743

Bec, that is wonderful news. And yes, you are doing it the right way! Not many actually follow the doctors directions to the "T" but sure sounds like you are.
SO happy you put a few pounds on instead of the other way...that is what makes patients get run down, that weight loss from being unable to eat.

I am happy to hear the trip to FL went well. I hope this "snow storm" avoids you!

Stay safe, say warm...and enjoy your Christmas and Holiday

Hugs,
Debbie

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2012
10:19 AM

Post #9363856

you're awesome Becky!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2012
10:27 AM

Post #9363861

Wow! Well, it's been said before...

She is just THAT good!

Kudos to you for doing everything possible to protect your body while the chemo marches through your system. You put together a thorough plan for this battle, and you're sticking with it, not just hunkering down until it's over. Taking an active role like that in your treatment makes a huge difference, not just in prognosis but also in letting you still feel like you, still feel like you're living your life as you get through this.

You just grabbed the bull by the horns, stared it right in the eye, and said, look, Buster, we're doing this; I'm going to ride you, no question about that, and then I'm going to walk away, on my own two feet.

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9363967

Becky--

I know I don't post on this Thread a lot--but I have read EVERY entry and am celebrating your "awesomeness"
with all the rest of us. You rock!!!!!!!

I KNEW you would be tough throughout all this! It seems just...natural...that you would be!
That old Nordic survival mode sure kicked in! We are all of good stock up there...

Please know that I DO think about you--and i DO wish you the best. Just that after everyone else has said the same thing
a hundred times--there is nothing i can add.

I support you, and wish the best to you a100 times---in silence--in thoughts in my head--not necessarily printed on paper.

Hugs, Gita

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9364147

Yeah, I second what Gita said. < =) LOADS of prayers continue here, too! =)

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2012
5:46 PM

Post #9364203

Gita expressed what many of us have been doing. You are always in our prayers.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9364245

Amen, sistas!! Well said, you ROCK, Becky!!!
rubyw
Crozet, VA

December 22, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9364605

Such wonderful news Becky. We hear how sick some folks become with Chemo, so the fact that only a few aches and pains have happened with you is reason for celebration. Yes and ditto to what every one has said here. I too commend you on the ability to cut back and do less. Your main priority is getting healthy now. The other can all come later. Yes maam, you are truly one awesome gal.

Ruby
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2012
1:12 PM

Post #9364831

You go girl! Enjoy the sweets and spirit of the season. Ric

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2012
4:06 PM

Post #9364938

Amen for the update on your health, will continue to pray and hope to here that 2013 brings a return to good health for you.

Merry Christmas everyone, please remember to say a pray for our service members who are serving over seas.

Jan
(who has 20 days till son's tour is over and he will be home)
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

December 22, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9365087

Dear meadowyck, I do think of and pray for our service people all the time.

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2012
2:41 AM

Post #9365215

So do I. Their sacrifice for us is truly immeasurable.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2012
8:21 PM

Post #9365730

Bec, so glad to read u r doing so well and following dr's orders. You are in my prayers and here's wishing you & your family a happy & healthy new year. Judy, Bob & Fritzie.

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 29, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9369649

thanks fokes for remember the service members.

Bec, adding more prayers to a much HEALTHIER 2013 for you!

Happy New Year all.

Jan
rubyw
Crozet, VA

December 31, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9371340

Dear Meadow Jan - How wonderful that you will soon have your son home with you. I have service men in my family and I know even though it has been many years, the stress associated with having a loved one away from us for long times and often in very dangerous areas of the earth. What a day of celebration it will be. I wish you, he and all of yours the very best during 2013.

Bec, hope that you too are finding reasons for celebration. Sometimes we have to look for them, but they are there. Wishing you and all those reading a great new year ahead. May it be one of the very best ever.

Ruby
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2013
1:28 PM

Post #9374368

Hello Bec & all the rest of the DG-ers following this thread. Hoping u are ok & feeling better. I'm on pred for a year (6 months to go) & I could eat the globe! Starting to gain a little of that weight I lost from bring on tramadol for arthritis and I am now off of it for good. My Dr diagnosed me with Polymialgia rhumatica or Lumbago, hence the pred. I still have my hair but I now have the characteristic "Moon face" and buffalo hump on my back. Yeeee-uck but the Dr I saw in rhumatology today said that should hopefully go back to a semblence of normal as I gradually wean myself off the pred. I am praying for you and I do believe your beautiful Thor was missing Sammie so much, he joined him on Rainbow Bridge. I have a friend retired like me who has TWO Norwegian Forest Cats. Wow! Almost lost my Dear Fritzie twice this year. He gobbled up 1/2 of one of my pills for A-fib, had to spend a couple days in the vet clinic to have his stomached pumped & on IV's. That was early spring. Then last week, he gobbled down one of my BP Water pills. Got him to throw up but he is getting over it. We now have a child proof gate to keep him out of the kitchen when we are refilling our pills. I swear he is trying to commit canine Hari Kari. We are both fine now and I am going back to Curves soon. Can you wear earrings? You ought to wear lovely gold hoops. That would complete your very exotic look. Here's hoping we get to see you at the seed swap in February at Chef Lin's (AND I CAN DEVOUR THE ENTIRE BUFFET WITH ONE BITE. HAHAHAHAHAHAH) Hugs, Judy, Bob & Fritzie.

This message was edited Jan 7, 2013 8:22 PM

Thumbnail by Buttoneer

Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2013
1:29 PM

Post #9374369

This is the only current picture I have, me hiding behind my two staples, LOL

This message was edited Jan 7, 2013 8:25 PM

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 3, 2013
9:28 PM

Post #9374805

Evening all & Happy New Year! I've decided 2013 WILL be better than the last one :-) laying here watching TV & trying to get tired - had a CT apt today, but woke up feeling I'd been beaten (Fibro) & not capable of driving - sooo, that being said - now they are scrambling to get me a new apt before next treatment, IF there are no changes to be seen, they will be reevaluating my future (if any) treatments! The Platypus has been such an enigma from the start & my pathology still shows nothing, only good things. Last round my blood levels were awesome...they might stop chemo if they can't find anything!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2013
7:06 AM

Post #9375049

waytago Bec, except for the feeling beaten part, but yeah hope this is all she wrote and you can wave bye bye and just leave a fascinating puzzling case for somebody to think on.
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2013
7:25 AM

Post #9375064

Good reports Becky and Judy. Praying all of us will be up and running by Spring, if not before! Looks like the Seed Swap will be hugs all around!

Thumbnail by coleup

happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2013
7:34 AM

Post #9375072

Bec -- all the reports are just SO encouraging. I'm sorry about the fibro, though; what a pain to have to fight that in the middle of the chemo.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2013
12:49 PM

Post #9375403

Very encouraging news in spite of the fibro!!!!! Maybe they could let 'House' and his crew try to figure it out. Heehee.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2013
1:18 PM

Post #9375437

Well, dammit - I thought I'd get so lucky and hoping for no more chemo, however, no matter what is there or not, I still have to get all 6 cycles - feeling somewhat better today, not so achy and did actually get some sleep - until some knucklehead in Europe decided to call me at 6:30 AM to see if I could do a job...needless to say I bit his head off and told him to learn about timezones and hung up! Also been battling another project manager, she has called me no less than 8 times to see if the project was ready for delivery - after the 8th call I politely told her to stop calling, I'd get it done faster if she's leave me alone.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 4, 2013
2:27 PM

Post #9375538

Hi Bec & all, oh one more thing: I had a cat scan at Hershey & it showed several granulomas in the region of my stomach plus a little tumor on top of my adrenal gland so I am back to Hershey for an MRI. I looked up granulomas and nobody seemed too concerned so I figured they were not something to worry about but the adrenal gland must be important if the Dr is sending me for an MRI. Argh, from the frying pan into the fire. Still praying for you Bec. Oh, Becky , how do you germinate Dorstenia barnimiana? I just won 5 seeds on fleabay. Thanks, Judy

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2013
3:04 PM

Post #9375577

keeping you in my thoughts as you go through the MRI!!! Granulomas can be anything from what I understand, don't worry until you get the answers :) Tumor on adrenal gland I'd be more worried about - but, then again, I have 4 tumors in my liver, all benign!
Check this forum out - http://www.bcss.org.uk/foruma/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139199&start=0
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 4, 2013
5:08 PM

Post #9375691

Thanks Becky for the link & I registered. When I am approved, I can contact them about Dorstenia. BTW, when you gave me all those caudexed plants some years ago, Dorstenia was one of them. It, along with most of them, have survived and is thriving. Do you want one of the caudexed plants back for old time's sake? Lmk & thanks. Hugs, Judy.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 4, 2013
5:19 PM

Post #9375697

:-) thank you, but then I'd be tempted to start buying them again - I have primarily sansevierias & African violets & some generic house plants :-)

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2013
6:32 AM

Post #9376964

Bec one of your caudie babies was great for me a couple years. THen CHantell' s nephew came to swap and I figured he'd love the unusual character so now he has it.
; ^)
rubyw
Crozet, VA

January 7, 2013
9:37 AM

Post #9378104

I too am new owner of some of the Caudies. Most are in dormant stage at the moment, though one is hanging in and has green leaves on it currently.

Buttoneer, you are such a hoot. Love you lady. What stories you have to tell. Good grief on Fritzie and the pills!!! I know about inducing vomiting in a dog...not a pretty picture. I too am currently on the Prednisone gang list. This is the third time this year I have had to take short courses of it. I took it daily for seven years some twenty years ago and it is not something I want to return to. Yep, tep to the eating and not being able to stuff my face quickly enough. Food tastes so good when on that medication. I am actually waking up some days feeling full which hasn't happened for years and years. Not a good sign. I am down to only taking about 5 mg. for the next ten days or so and hopefully by then the symptoms that caused me to need to use it will be cleared and only history. I have had a few new things to me this year. Used to be I could pretty much tell what was going on body wise, but I have been diagnosed with several new things year which I am not sure is good or bad. Anyway...it is, what it is.

Becky, you and I must be made from the same mold. If there is a medical enigma, tis me. I guess that the chemo treatments at least haven't been as tough on you as they are for some and that is something to be grateful for. I too will join the celebration when this is all over and behind you. Thank you for allowing us to go along on this journey with you. It has been quite an interesting ride. Continued success to you.

Ruby

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 7, 2013
2:39 PM

Post #9378406

Thanks all - just came back from Reed, had my pre-chemo, lets-see-how-much-weight-I-have-managed-to-gain-since-last-time check-up and all is beyond well, my blood levels are perfect, no markers to be found (so they are stopping looking for them). I actually did NOT gain weight this time, not for a lack of trying either, I have decided chocolate IS a major foodgroup and am currently trying to eat my way through several pounds of Norwegian chocolate ^_^ Haven't even made a dent!
So minus the aches and pains (side effect from one of the chemos is myalgia, so it 'enhances' the fibro I already have) and chicken fuzz for hair, I am doing really well - it's kinda funny, most of the side effects I already have some form of, like the myalgia and the neuropathy (pinched nerve in shoulder) - so, I never really know what is what, chemo or 'normal' - the biggie for me is no nausea, which I am eternally grateful for - CT has been rescheduled for the 16th, will see if there are changes, if any - who knows, the cancer might have decided to stop playing hide and seek and show itself.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2013
8:08 PM

Post #9378760

Bec, I borrowed this off my facebook. It is sweet & I hope you like it. Not mean't to upset you.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2013
9:39 PM

Post #9378793

Hide & seek? No way! Any remaining cancer cells are fleeing the field of battle, never to be seen again.

Bald princesses... priceless. Somebody mentioned to me the other day that there's a bald Barbie. "Cancer Barbie??" LOL, there's definitely a Barbie doll for everything.

Is your hair at that fun "teddy bear fur" stage yet? I kept petting my head when it was long enough to be fuzzy but short enough to stick straight up. I loved the curls I had for a while when it first grew back in... and I've been thinking I might let the new color grow out for a while, mostly because I think Joyanna would love it if my hair was the same color as hers, and I think it's pretty close! 2 trips to the salon, and I'm already losing patience with the whole bleaching & toning process to get back to blond. Maybe I'll take my cue from Bitbit and try blue (or purple) next.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 7, 2013
10:14 PM

Post #9378797

The cells probably ran screaming from all the chocolate I've been stuffing my face with!!! ^_^

YES, I AM a bald princess! And I wear it well, both the princess and the bald part :) It's too little to be anything, kinda patchy chicken fuzz, blond!! I haven't been blond since the last bottle of coloring I used, which was years ago ^_^ It's growing on top and in the back, just not on the sides...so if I let it grow I'll look like I have a chicken mohawk!! My clinical nurse keeps telling me it'll grow, fall out and grow more...who knows - I might just shave it completely and buff it for a high shine ^_^ Thursday is round 4, then only 2 more to go!!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 8, 2013
5:14 AM

Post #9378877

I'll help make those cells flee, by stuffing my face with chocolate, too. Okay? Anything to help. Heehee

So very thankful you haven't been nauseous!!! Yayayayayaya!!!!!
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2013
2:30 PM

Post #9379332

I'm thankful that the chocolate taste good! :-} Ric

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 9, 2013
1:59 PM

Post #9380277

Mystery box arrived today with 3 wigs...from a Billie Williams, Springfield MO - NO idea who it is from!!!

donnerville

donnerville
Damascus, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2013
1:23 PM

Post #9381168

Beckie, you look great, hair or not hair.

Thinking of you a lot! Wish you well.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 11, 2013
4:09 AM

Post #9381730

Becky,
I haven't been around DG as much as the old days and just found this thread,. I am sorry to hear of another cancer case and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You sound like you are a wonderful, determined young lady and I must say that "your bald is beautiful". Keep up the fight, but take a rest along your way.
Candee
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 11, 2013
5:12 AM

Post #9381765

Thinking about and praying for you, dear this morning!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 11, 2013
7:13 AM

Post #9381883

Finished treatment 4 yesterday, only 2 more to go!!! Follow-up CT on the 16th & another one ab 3 weeks after the final one (Feb 21st) and I should be done with this!!! Feeling ok, I was was very tired after yesterday, went home and went to bed at 7, just got up - guess I needed 15 hrs of sleep :) So I'm following the same pattern, with no unforeseen side-effects. If it stays like this, I'll be fine for the next 3 days, somewhat tired, then come Monday I'll be knocked out and slowly back to normal after that - the anti-nausea cocktail and steroids they give me are exactly the right mix and I feel so much better than I originally thought - guess they really know what they are doing :)

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 11, 2013
7:30 AM

Post #9381909

I think it's that YOU'RE JUST THAT GOOD! < =D

Oh, and, don't forget the chocolate! =)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 11, 2013
7:31 AM

Post #9381911

Bec, that is good news! Anti-nausea mixture can make or break the entire thing. Glad you could sleep, now nourish the body with some good breakfast!!!
What, chocolate chip pancakes you say? hehehe

Hugs! Keep up the good work lady...because you ARE just that good!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 11, 2013
7:32 AM

Post #9381912

ROFL Speedie...great minds think alike!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 11, 2013
8:27 AM

Post #9381962

Yippee!!! Yum, those sound good.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 13, 2013
4:57 AM

Post #9383391

Sounds like you have a plan. Glad you are getting close to the finish line, every day that brings you closer to that end makes things better. Keep up the great fight, sounds like you have got it under control.

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

January 13, 2013
5:51 AM

Post #9383409

Just to let you know, Bec, that you are weathering this storm much better than my friend, Millie. Milllie gets 2 other infusions besides the chemo, and it really is doing a number on her. Your good appetite and great attitude are really keeping much of the negative stuff away. Good for you!!

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 15, 2013
1:59 PM

Post #9386262

I get a regular daily email from Christian Voices, with a little humor, and a few inspirational, thought-provoking tales... and one I got today.. well, I just wanted to share it with you Becky.

Ordinarily

Ordinarily I don't like it when people send me those forwarded-forwarded-forwarded emails. Ordinarily I consider them a waste of time and often delete them without opening them. But lately a dear friend who knows what it's like to be facing an illness like cancer has been sending them regularly. She has picked beautiful pictures, inspirational thoughts and, best of all, laugh-out-loud jokes. I've been reading them all and I must admit I've even gotten to the point where I look forward to finding one in my inbox each day.

I guess my idea of wasted time has shifted a bit. I stare out the front window of our home more often, just to watch the wind ripple on the pond across the street - (I call it pondering ;0 ). Each time I walk by them I lean down to smell the flowers my husband bought me last week when I had to spend the day having tests at the hospital. I scratch my cat's ears more than I used to. I stand on our back deck, watch the clouds and listen to the laughter of our neighbour's children. I lay awake in the morning and stare at the outline of my husband's face in the early morning sun. The accumulation of these little things seems to make a difference as life has slowed into a rhythm of waiting.

I've also found that scriptures - those oh-so- familiar passages that can seem trite or even cliché at times - have a whole new depth now that I have a deeper understanding of my need for them. I get regular emails with scripture delivered to my inbox too, and I often open them first. The accumulation of verses seems to make a difference when my mood slips a little, when my heart is longing for something beyond this reality to hang onto.

One of the passages that arrived recently was this one from Philippians 4:8 -"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable ... if anything is excellent or praiseworthy... think about such things." I noticed there was no action connected to this passage, just thinking. You can do that anytime, anywhere, but to do it deeply you have to slow down a little. You have to pause, perhaps stare out a window at a small pond, and just think. Ordinarily I wouldn't be doing such things. My life would be bustling with urgencies like deadlines and projects and to-do lists. But there is nothing ordinary about living with cancer. It changes things. It changes you. Ordinarily I would think that a bad thing but now I treasure it. I treasure the tingling awareness of this world now that I know how tenuous my hold on it really is. I treasure the small things, the pondering.

Interesting - I seem to be smiling a lot.

….. Marcia Lee Laycock - The Spur (Marcia@vinemarc.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (www.ChristianVoicesWorldwide.net)

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 15, 2013
7:48 PM

Post #9386646

Thank you! Yes, this journey has made me slow down, think & ponder & absolutely a more spiritual connection than I had before - I enjoy things much more, I'm less selfish & care more about life :-)

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 16, 2013
3:06 AM

Post #9386765

I'm so glad you "received" this in the spirit with which it was given.. something true, something pure, something beautiful... not to mention, something loving.

I really have no idea why the Lord has put you in my heart so much, but He has, and you're in my thoughts and prayers a zillion times a day, and I am eternally grateful.

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2013
6:18 PM

Post #9388638

Thought I'd pop in and tell you that Bec's 'chicken fuzz' is as cute as can be...she ROCKS her 'chicken fuzz' and don't let her tell you differently!!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 17, 2013
8:52 PM

Post #9388789

Oh please - it's growing in uneven in a Mohawk pattern & it's getting shaved! Maybe it'll grow even then, it's a different color than before - I think blond
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 18, 2013
6:39 AM

Post #9389004

Heehee
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2013
1:32 PM

Post #9389376

Bec, Perhaps you could try a color pattern in Mohawk fuzz, Tee,Hee, or possibly have someone paint a flower into it. Snicker,Snicker, Ric

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2013
2:01 PM

Post #9389416

Poor unloved chicken fuzz...it's doin' its best to keep your thick skull warm...ungrateful I tell you! Hmph!! Stand by my intelligent (not to mention correct) observation...it's CUTE!! Everyone imagine rudolphs voice now as he leaps in the air saying 'she said I'm cute...!!!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNRPouqD_M

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 18, 2013
5:01 PM

Post #9389634

Chuckling here...keep your thick skull warm...hehe I can imagine it so well, especially Rudolphs voice

BUT Easter is coming and I can see fuzzy chick colorings on her crown!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 19, 2013
7:51 AM

Post #9390020

Oh, don't shave it -- it's trying so hard! If anything, get it buzzed to an even length if that's bothering you. Giggling about it coming in blond, kinda hope that stays... after all, my hair grew back really dark, a nearly-black brunette... so maybe you got my blond!

Eyebrows, eyelashes... are you drawing those on or kept them so far? That bugged me more than the bald, I think, especially since I've never experimented much with pencils/liners. I bet you and Chantell could make a fun afternoon out of experimenting with different dramatic "looks." But you know, with those gorgeous eyes and bright smile, nobody is going to much notice any other details -- including your chicken fuzz!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 19, 2013
8:08 AM

Post #9390030

Anything that grows back will start as "fuzz" so I agree with Jill, just trim it up if the uneven is bothering you.

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

January 19, 2013
8:41 AM

Post #9390050

Spent last week with Millie here at our house going thru the same things. We read all these posts together. Took her home this morning. She has her last chemo on Monday but will continue with her other infusions for another and will start radiation soon.

My daughter works for Life Technologies. This company sells products that the researches use in their work. She told us today that Merck is coming up with some REALLY SPECTACULAR pharmaceuticals in the near future. One is a medication that attaches to all the folic something or others (too involved for me). Anyway, this means that anyone discovering that they have cancer or a person who has another bout will forego the harsh chemo and take this medication that has the ability to attach to all the cancer cells and destroy them. I probably don't have it exactly right, but it sure sounded good to Millie and I. Lessens the dread of going thru it all again if necessary.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2013
9:17 AM

Post #9390072

That sounds very promising!!

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 19, 2013

Post #9390812

So glad to hear the news. Amazing news.

Jan
Gracye
Warrenton, VA

January 19, 2013
8:34 PM

Post #9390817

For everyone on this thread, I wish for you the grace and strength that you give to your plants. May this Year take each step of yours and send you into a world of long life and appreciation for every second. You inspire us, no one knows how long we will walk this Earth, and it is my privilege to read your words.
May God nurture you, as you do the green stuff that springs forth and rewards with a pretty leaf, or blossom, or, if we're REALLY blessed, a red tomato!

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2013
4:49 AM

Post #9390924

Gracye, these MA forums really give us inspiration and make us feel very blessed. I do appreciate being part of this particular group of DG because of how I feel each morning when I join them with my coffee. Best way to start the day.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2013
4:13 AM

Post #9392043

The radiation should be a snap after all that she has been through. I sailed through mine with only a few slight problems. I pray she has all this behind her soon, believe it or not she will wake up one morning and will look back on this as a distant memory and will see all she has been through as a test of her sheer strength and stamina - and she is a survivor!

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2013
3:47 PM

Post #9394004

Gracye, that was really beautiful, thank you so much. I pray the same for all of you as well, and extras of those prayers for Becky and Millie.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2013
5:08 PM

Post #9394092

Just a quick update...got my CT results read to me over the phone (unconventional I know...) - and they are perfectly prefect - no changes either way, nothing has grown and nothing has shrunk (the Platypus was a concern, didn't want them to shrink)...I have 2 treatments left and will then be in 'remission' for all intents and purposes, since we have nothing to gauge it by - regular (and often) check-ups and all is well :)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 22, 2013
8:34 PM

Post #9394297

YAY!!!! That is such great news Bec!!! BIG hugs!!

Stay warm, rest...and recoup!

Debbie

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2013
1:58 AM

Post #9394394

WOOHOOOO, that's great news!!!! Doing a Happy Dance over here for you!!
Yeah, it is unconventional that they would give you results over the phone.. but maybe they feel it's cool to, when your results are GREAT!! (they don't want you to have to wait). =)
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2013
4:22 AM

Post #9394423

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooo!!! You are moving now!
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2013
6:17 AM

Post #9394503

Great news Bec! Ric

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2013
7:44 AM

Post #9394605

Way to go Bec!!

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2013
8:22 AM

Post #9394674

You're probably going to start feeling like SuperWoman now that you're finished with all that!!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2013
8:27 AM

Post #9394684

Giggle - a bald Super Woman :) My lovely "friend" Chantell had all kinds of great ideas, such as rubbing glitter all over my head - told her been there, done that (Christmas cards) - I looked like a disco ball! Ain't she lovely!! ^_^
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2013
8:53 AM

Post #9394716

That is ROCKIN good news!

Glad the platypus behaved itself like a benign if unwelcome guest!
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2013
10:28 AM

Post #9394838

That is just fantastic! Wonderful happy news!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2013
5:41 PM

Post #9395321

I shared this great news at prayer meeting tonight and everyone was thrilled!!!

donnerville

donnerville
Damascus, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2013
7:11 PM

Post #9395438

Very happy to hear the great news! Just wonderful!

By the way, I am all for the glitter idea :-D

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
2:17 AM

Post #9395617

... hmmm... I'm thinking... a little peanut butter, a few sunflower seeds... you'd make a LOVELY Winter bird feeder! ;)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2013
8:55 AM

Post #9395954

*giggle* *sputter*

good thing I'd just swallowed that gulp of coffee...

ROFL
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
10:01 AM

Post #9396074

And, if you prefer to not be your own 'chia head' maybe something from this site would do for your do.

http://inspirationgreen.com/succulent-inspiration.html

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
10:37 AM

Post #9396136

Bwahahahhahahahaahahha!

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2013
2:27 PM

Post #9396384

YAY Becky. Great hearing the GREAT news!!!!

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2013
2:47 PM

Post #9396396

WOW, Jill!

Where did you find THAT link???????????

AWESOME!!!!!! G.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2013
8:42 PM

Post #9398725

I was at the store today, got some wine, she carded me!!! I was stunned, but said think you, I'm 47 - girl was like 'no way' - not bad for a baldish, fuzzy haired cancer patient!!! I giggled all the way to the car :-)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2013
10:03 PM

Post #9398759

We told you -- you're STYLIN'!

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2013
3:48 AM

Post #9398814

It's your eyes... you had her mesmerized... errr... or is that "mesmerEYES-ed"? < =D
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 27, 2013
7:04 AM

Post #9398943

Bec, I can hardly think of the words to tell you how wonderful it is that you are doing so well with your treatment. What a marvelous person you are.
Coleup great site, Think I could spend hours looking at it and a great winter pick me up. Want to go out and buy Topiary Frames and plants.

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 27, 2013
6:58 PM

Post #9399537

Such a wonderful ending to the day to read this great news on you. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Jan

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 1, 2013
3:05 PM

Post #9405219

Only ONE more treatment to go!!! I hafta admit they are getting harder to bounce back from every time - tired today, a bit of a fever - but, luckily no other side-effects...even the steroids ain't giving me energy, tho there is nothing wrong with my appetite ;-)
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 1, 2013
3:13 PM

Post #9405226

One to go!!!! Yay. Have a restful weekend, dear!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

February 1, 2013
3:19 PM

Post #9405233

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Rest rest rest...oh, and eat. lol

Hugs,
Debbie
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2013
3:50 PM

Post #9405271

What a journey you have been on. I'm glad it is coming to a close in time for spring gardening!

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2013
9:56 PM

Post #9405568

Becky,
I see you are up at this late hour. Hope you are feeling OK. Me, I've gotten in to a pattern where I fall asleep when I get home from work and then wake up restless, hungry, and thirsty around midnight LOL. Horrible pattern, need to break it. Only ONE more chemo to go - thank GOD. First Jill, then a good friend from work, and now you have shown me what true strength really is as you face and handle this ordeal. Strong women all of you.
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

February 1, 2013
10:19 PM

Post #9405575

Do you know why the people of NY are so depressed?

The light at the end of the tunnel is NJ! Hugs,TOY, Ric

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 2, 2013
8:00 PM

Post #9406498

I'm still going strong, steroids gives me total energy & appetite - just polished off a HUGE Mexican dinner & I'm sooooo full! You should see me wolf down a 16 ounce Prime Rib...hubby is proud & my jeans don't fit! :-)

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

February 5, 2013
5:48 AM

Post #9408987

Should be the other way around, Ric!

Becky, I'm happy that you are feeling so well and near the end of treatment. Millie just had her last chemo but is scheduled for another year's worth of Herceptin and 6 weeks of radiation. Compared to you she feels LOUSY and said that even if there were a 7th treatment for chemo scheduled, she wouldn't go. I told her that previously there were 7 treatments scheduled for patients. She wondered why that had changed. I told her "they wouldn't go" and we had another good laugh together.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 5, 2013
11:09 AM

Post #9409277

Good one RRR!!!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 5, 2013
2:14 PM

Post #9409503

Too funny!!! I feel her pain, while I've done way better than most, I'm really tired this round, so I think I'll say the same - no more after 6!! :)

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 6, 2013
8:50 PM

Post #9410797

Time for a new thread...y'all grab you some sweet tea (or moonshine if you prefer)...some fried chicken...and stroll on over http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1297336/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-Atlantic Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening forum Terry 51 Jan 6, 2009 12:54 AM
Happy Hollow trip in MD who's in??? magoobu 48 Apr 26, 2007 12:41 PM
rocks??? nikki_conway 68 Jan 18, 2011 6:26 PM
Liriope - evergreen here? pennefeather 18 Aug 2, 2010 6:18 AM
Pineapple sage recipe to share. ladygardener1 18 Nov 5, 2010 4:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America