Photo by Melody

Herbs: Buy herb plants online in November?

Communities > Forums > Herbs
bookmark
Forum: HerbsReplies: 1, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rick7
West Newton, MA

November 9, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9329290

Does anyone know of a mail-order herb farm on the East Coast that will ship plants out in November? I have a nice indoor grow light system in my kitchen pantry here in Massachusetts and and would like to try to keep a few herb plants growing through the winter for cooking. I'm most interested in getting a few French tarragon plants, as oregano and thyme I'm growing myself from seed or rooting from stem cutting.

I found an excellent mail-order herb nursery in California that will ship to me here but because of the distance involved they have to ship by Second-Day Air and charge a very high rate for it, much more than the cost of the plants. Thanks for any suggestions.

This message was edited Nov 10, 2012 4:03 AM

This message was edited Nov 10, 2012 4:05 AM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9329310

Try Cindy at The Tasteful Garden in Alabama. Just received their newsletter this week that it is getting late in the season for shipping plants but you could certainly inquire. With such a good set up of grow lights, have you considered starting your herbs from seeds? That might be an alternative if she's not able to ship plants to you now or particular ones you're interested in are out of stock. They're also a Top 5 Garden Watchdog here on DG with mainly favorable feedback.

http://www.tastefulgarden.com/store/pc/Herb-Plants-c2.htm

Someone who lives closer to you may be able to provide sources in your area. Best of luck with your Winter endeavors.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Herbs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
HERB COLD REMEDY jcf 25 Oct 3, 2009 3:18 AM
lemon verbena? laylarose 13 Jan 25, 2008 2:03 AM
Artemesia absinthium- common wormwood balvenie 14 Dec 31, 2007 6:44 PM
Rosemary Minihostalover 48 May 31, 2008 12:53 PM
Echinacea ... what to do with it anyone? IO1 46 Aug 8, 2009 7:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America