Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Brugmansia LBG

Brownstown, IN

LBG blooming in the plant room, love the color and substance.

Karen

Thumbnail by gardenpaw
Hamilton, OH

Karen
That's so Beautiful, Great Job getting it to Grow in your Plant Room, I bet it has a Great Scent
Congratulations on your Bloom

Elizabeth

Brownstown, IN

Thank you Elizabeth!
It was blooming when I dug it up and brought it in the house, did`nt drop a bloom.

Karen

Mulberry, FL

One of my favorites love the color after a few days!

Hamilton, OH

Karen
That's Great, I love it when that happens, I bet you're getting Rain right now, we sure are

Elizabeth

Mulberry, FL

Happy Birthday Karen!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Hello All!
Well the beautiful Dr. Seuss that Gitagal gave me finally bloomed! (Started in October)
Now, I'm pruning it and hoping to be successful in getting some thriving cuttings.
Meantime, I've got a few blooms that I'm thinking of trying to preserve. I've looked it up, but no luck in discovering anything.
I think the blooms most closely resemble calla lillies in their texture. So I tried looking that up as well. No silica gel on hand:)
Has anyone ever tried preserving brugmansia blooms?
Thanks Much!
Marlene

Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Did Flame ever bloom for you Karen? ;)

Brownstown, IN

Hi,
Flame did bloom for me summer before last but did`nt get one bloom last summer........was in full sun and I
think it just got to hot, I`ll move it to a new location next summer with a little more shade. :)

Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Mine did not bloom as pretty the first year. This year it is fantastic! I got a very large flush and almost all were perfect. I wish the same for you.
I also finally saw (at season's end) a bunch of gulf frits. Get your passions fired up, I think next year you'll receive a package with
chrysalis! And have a very Happy Holiday-I didn't know it was you until someone up there called you Karen!! :)

Thumbnail by TrumpetFlowerz
Brownstown, IN

Wow, that is a beautiful flush!!! thank you for posting the picture it`s gorgeous!

TrumpetFlowerz, love that name! What is your name on BGI?

Wishing you Happy Holidays!! :)

Karen

Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

It's Nicci, the lil' wild thang, lol.
And the same to you and your family. :)

This message was edited Dec 26, 2012 8:21 PM

Brownstown, IN

Hi Nicci!!!
You had me going LOL
I was trying to think, who is TrumpetFlowerz LOL to cute!

How is your weather there? We just got about eight inches of snow here today and it is c-c-cold, it`s supposed to warm up to 45 on Friday.
Talk to you soon.:)

Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Weird weather, guess real soon even the nonbelievers are going to have to accept the fact Global Warming is true.
We had the tail end of the same weather system you describe above. But down here it swirled in one giant cloud
mass, not unsimilar to the look of a tropical storm. Very strange. It looked like July. The wind blew terribly strong and I spent
a third of the day uprighting my potted brugs.
But all and all, I cannot complain. Everyone is blooming like mad this year, and I cn smell the fragrance from the open house door.
:)

Brownstown, IN

That sounds sooo lovely all the beautiful blooms and fragrance this time of year! Not to mention the open
house door :) Things to look forward to in the spring!
So what is blooming for you right now?

Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Pink Perfektion, Pink Dragon, Dorthea (she is a constant bloomer, year round for me) Ann Sessions,
Flame just went out, lol

Brownstown, IN

Nice,nice,nice zonal envy! LOL
I know you are enjoying those blooms!
Great job! :)

Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

For you Karen, some pretty winter blooms on Pink Perfektion :)

Brownstown, IN

Awww, thank you Nicci :):):) Sooo pretty! So uplifting to see this time of year.

Hugs,
Karen

Long Beach, CA

Very Nice! Hope mine will look that good when it starts blooming! Rhapsody

Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

LBG put this flush out for me a couple of days ago.

This message was edited Apr 6, 2013 5:41 AM

Long Beach, CA

nice!

Brownstown, IN

Beautiful! Great job!

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.