Thumbnail by wren107
Click the image for an enlarged view.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9329477

Good Morning Sandy. Beautiful photo!! Where is that?

I hope everyone is going to have a great weekend.

We are supposed to have nice weather this weekend. Maybe I will get to those leaves. I watched a press conference with our gov yesterday. He really doesn't mince words with some of the news people. I feel it is a good thing that the President calls our governor every day. Christie thinks the majority of NJ will have power by Monday. My heart goes out to all the people who lost just about everything.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2012
5:19 AM

Post #9329482

Good Morning!

Thanks for the new thread Sandy. And for the gorgeous photos you post!

Loretta - good luck with the leaves. I'm off to a rock garden meeting. We plan to stop at Trader Joe's on the way home.

Have a good day everyone!
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9329483

Thanks

That picture is on the St. Johns River South of home, and west of St Augustine. Same place I took the sunsets just looking north

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2012
5:26 AM

Post #9329486

Good morning, it is chilly outside, but that is not deterring the deer hunters. Today is opening day of deer season here, and it will not be safe to be any place close to our woods. Most hunters will come through the neighbors property to hunt our woods. This is the only way that they are allowed to hunt here. If they get on the property without us knowing it.

Off to town to pick up the license plate for the new vehicle, and to pick up a book case that I bought for the church.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9329492

I've been hearing the hunters all morning.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 10, 2012
6:00 AM

Post #9329506

Good morning,

I am really worried...something out in the yard. Not sure if I should call 911 or not...a mysterious YELLOW glow around the yard, no ice...and the birds are chirping. Mr. Sun has made an appearance from very early this morning...and supposed to get that thermometer up. Yay! I will miss it as this is probably the last "Harrah" for our Indian Summer.

Have coffee and nothing exciting so far.

Sandy, you do have a gift with that camera and your photos! They make my mornings much brighter seeing the scenes and sunsets/rises.

Tam, glad you are home safe.

Elsie, speaking of hunting...wait til you see the picture I took yesterday!!!

Tummy troubles still going on...oatmeal for breakfast I think

Not sure what the day holds...but going to find out with coffee!

Have a good morning
Debbie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9329515

Sandy -- I'll echo what the others have said... Your photography is stunning. Love the sunset over the river.

WOW - just checked the weather... is supposed to be 67 and sun today. I'll believe it when i see it... If so, I'll spend some quality time with the furkids in the yard. [Still do not trust Lucky alone, he will still climb the fence. Charlie I can leave be by himself... ]

Tam - I assume you are home safe, giving the kitties their quality time.

~~ waving to all others...

This message was edited Nov 10, 2012 2:05 PM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9329521

Thanks everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9329675

Terese, it is supposed to be 72 here. I have been back from town, did put together a lasagna for tomorrow's dinner, made some home made roll dough (to make sweet rolls for church in the morning) and am now heading out to do some outside things, as I know this will probably be the last pretty day for awhile.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2012
10:17 AM

Post #9329687

was supposed to be nice today... we've had lots of thunder and rain... go figure. Buddy is not happy.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9329705

It was supposed to be sunny and warmer today. It's been chilly and cloudy. I hope it clears up tommorow. At least it isn't storming.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 10, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #9329735

Pretty day here too! I've started digging in the garden and I'm beat...more digging tomorrow.
Sandy, thanks for starting a new thread. Great pics! Love the Garbage dog Andre!LOL

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 10, 2012
1:12 PM

Post #9329755

We never got our warm day either. I went outside for about 20 seconds and back in. I have been cleaning in the attic and found a box of pictures..."OH LOOK a bird" and that was about it!! I did get ride of four small bags of clothes!

Jeanna & Carrie...and DH and I on one of our first dates horseback riding.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #9329767

I get y'all beautiful day!!

SORRY!!

Thumbnail by wren107

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 10, 2012
2:02 PM

Post #9329788

Oh Sandy, that is so so pretty! And SOOOOOOO not nice! lol
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9329799

Great pictures Debbie!! Where is the other picture you mentioned?

Sandy, I love that picture too!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #9329818

Thanks

S and A

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 10, 2012
2:37 PM

Post #9329824

Oh Elsie! I forgot!!!

Just loaded them.

Was driving down Lake Ontario St. Parkway aka The Seaway Trail on way to Rochester. This is the route I go to stop and wave at Dianne across Lake Ontario.

Saw a movement...slowed, and the hit the brakes. This guy just looked at me...I grabbed the camera...and he/she continued hunting.

These pictures are ...the hunt...the pounce...the snack and looking at me!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2012
3:13 PM

Post #9329846

NICE!!! Great job

S and A
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9329860

Great pictures Debbie!! The last one - looks like she has been hanging around with a cat. hehe

Was watching the animal planet - the puppies. One family brought home a tiny goat - too funny around the little puppies.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9329911

Howdy!

Debbie - way cool photoshoot of the hunter! You were adorable in the long blond hair. Looks like a great date!

Loretta - I got a bag of organic limes & am thinking of trying the freezer thing. Are you still happy with how it worked for the lemon?

BonnieB - it sounds like you are feeling pretty good. I hope you got all you wanted accomplished today!

Terese - poor Bud-man! We didn't get the glorious day I'd hoped for but at least there was no T&L here.

I didn't do a lot today - went to the rock gardening meeting, bought groceries and ate my own weight in greens. OK - maybe not quite that many. lol

I read a book called "Eat to Live" while on my trip. Written by Dr Fuhrman. It has inspired me to get back to an diet of almost only plant-based foods. So I ate a couple huge salads w/balsamic vinegar, roasted brussel sprouts, roasted cauliflower with lime juice, an orange and an asian pear. For lunch & dinner. I'm stuffed (and not fit for civilized company, at least if its in close quarters. lol). I need to pare down 5lbs and would love to drop 10-15lbs.

Tam

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9329918

Tammy, it sounds like you are veggied out. I only used the frozen lemon once. I put it in soup and I was happy with it. I had to toss it with everything else in the freezer. I will have to pick another up. I used my fine plane to grate it.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9329983

Oh, it was a grand day here. Took Mr. B and Casper for an early ride today about 2:00. It was Casper's first truck ride. He is scared and timid in the vehicle, but was so happy to be someplace different that he could run and play. Took him to our local cemetery where DH is working, and there are moles making huge mounds and he looked like one of those lawn statutes that you see where only the rear of a dog is showing. Honest, he could do that really good. Then got in a burn area where DH has been burning some tree debris, and he was mostly black there for a good while this afternoon. He is so funny.

The weather was gorgeous. Enjoyed every minute of it, even if I didn't get much accomplished outside.

Sandy, you are bad!

Debbie, oh, wow, you really have changed. Why didn't you tell me you rode when you were here, we could have gone for a ride!

Elsie, I guess you did have to toss everything from your freezer. What a loss.

I have some roll dough in the fridge, and will pull it out early in the morning, and make sweet rolls to take to church. Yum, they are really good too!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 10, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9330017

BonnieB, can you believe I was 28 in that picture and maybe 120 lbs! Yes, I was very tiny until I had my "the child" and then DS at age 33 and couldn't loose the weight. Gained over 100 lbs in less than a year and doctors said something with metabolism and thyroid just went haywire. I would never get on a poor horse this size...just couldn't do it to the animal, but love them dearly.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2012
4:50 AM

Post #9330111

Happy Sunday Ladies...

warmish morning [well, warm for Nov] 50's and very breezy... more rain on the way then temps crash for tomorrow, only 30's
today should be mid-60's

Not sure what the day holds... Bears play tonight ... but I'll probably watch all the afternoon games anyways.

2nd cup of coffee down already -- may need to make another pot.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2012
5:02 AM

Post #9330116

Good morning, the sweet rolls are made and rising, and have some apple dumplings in the oven. They are for lunch.

Casper and one of DH's hunting dogs have done it again. Tore all the wiring out from under our car. DH is just getting up, so there will be an explosion here in just a bit.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #9330121

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 11, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #9330142

I hear thunder oh no it is BonnieB's DH. Ducking for cover! Did you hide the guns? Poor dogs.

Work has been crazy. Friday was horrendous! Really! First the manager had to babysit her DGK's. Then the clerk was trying to unload the truck. I was running the cashregister. Which crashed. We had just gotten a email on how to fix it. But first I tryied rebooting. Had customers walking out. REal fun. Reboot didn;t work. Tried their fix and that didn't work. Went back and got the other girl to get on the other register. She took over and also tried to get mine going. I went and was unloading truck. She called me up as she needed the key. I went back to truck. She called me up again and her register had crashed. Mine was still down. TRied to reboot both of them again. Her's froze and mine came back. Again customers leaving. She went to unload truck. While she was doing that I tried her's again. It came back. Then it was time for dog food and she said she couldn't do that herself. So back I went. This driver was sending things down so fast. The other girl had come in and she was standing at the curve in the rollers catching the loads so they didn't fly off! Talk about dumb driver. He even said he doesn't take orders or anything from anybody. That's why he drives for himself.

Yesterday I was just plum wore out from the stress and the work. Hope today is better.

Deb wonderful pictures from the past. Memories can be so fun.

BonnieB can you set aside a roll or 2 for me please! I need to make some one of these days. But I make the carmel ones.

Elsie I was watching AP also only the cat chow where the guy comes in and retrains your cat.

Better get going. Have possible company coming and have a ton to do. Then it will be off to work.

Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 11, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9330176

Good morning,

OH BonnieB, those are the first dogs I have EVER heard of to do that under a car. Talk about being in the dog house!! Hope it isn't as bad as it looks. Casper, you better pack your bags and get up here to Aunt Debbies. Mr. B can vouch for me.

Vicki, love the pictures. Sorry work as have soo bad. I have to ask...when is frog transport day? Getting some icy mornings now and going to start freezing soon. Have to have the camera ready for that too! I can barely wait!! (ducking and running)

Woke up sneezing and still having some stomach issues. Think I am going to need to go to a GI doc and not wanting this at all. Sigh.

Off to the coffee pot. DH is watching political show and I can't handle that bickering...its 53 so Izzy and I are going out for a bit!

Waving good morning to everyone...be back soon
Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 11, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9330198

Deb no frog transporting this year. They seem to of left on their own. Brats! I actually kind of enjoy doing it. So miss it this year.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9330206

Good Morning!

Oh Vicki - that sounds like just a horrible day at work! I bet you were happy to be home after all that stress. What an idiot on the truck too. wow! Just keep looking at those beautiful scenes where you live. Those photos are wonderful. I sure am enjoying all the photo's here!

BonnieB - yikes! I think I am feeling the earth shaking from the explosion over the car from here. It sounds like those dogs need something to keep them entertained while they are outside near the car. Enjoy your day - you've painted a lovely picture of the smells in your kitchen so maybe that will calm him down a bit.

Debbie - enjoy the walk with Izzy. I can't imagine watching political shows at this point.

Terese - I hope you find something really fun for today.

~~~ to everyone else!

I lost 3lbs in one day! I know its not fat but it feels nice to see such a quick result. Tonight we have a potluck at friends so I won't be able to stay on it 100% but I plan to focus on the veggies & fruit as much as possible. I'm bringing an apple crisp, which is next on my agenda today. Then heading outdoors to pick up after Sandy. And not the sweet Sandy living down south. She's never trashed my place. :-)

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9330222

Tam LOL But I am about to trash this one!!! Or is that de-trash??

Sandy and The trasher

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 11, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9330235

What, no frogs? I think you better look again...major disappointment!!

Tam, sure wish I could eat the veggies like that...I just love them but they don't love me!

Sandy, you and I are on the same page. I need to detrash for sure. Told dh it was "moving day" as we are moving furniture and cleaning.

I was SO embarrassed yesterday. Someone stopped by (DH & DS mow his moms yard) and he wanted to come in. Well, the smell was so overwhelming
from the cats...he had to leave!! They are destroying this house and we can't find all the damage. Last night I caught Axl peeing on the evening paper!!!
Shannons cats go to the vet tomorrow for shots and getting all that spay started. she MIGHT be in an apartment by December...but not holding my breath.

OK, off and running...at a slow pace.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9330349

Sorry folks, I think I can put up with the destroyer dogs rather than the smelly cats. I know that it is just a behavior thing with both you and Tam, but no knowing where they have gone, and then starting to smell it after a few days. Yuk. Maybe you all need to become stock holders in Fabreeze air freshners. Love their commercials where the blindfolded people discover that they are in a horrible place, after describing it as clean, etc.

Vicki I guess I missed the frog moving last year. What did you do with them? Oh horrors on your work day yesterday. That truck driver sounds like he needs some instruction from corporate offices about how he is to conduct himself. Tell the manager when the registers crash like that, you are going to tell the customers to be on the honor system and you will take what they think the merchandise is worth. Hehe. May light some fires to get things fixed.

The sweet rolls were great. Didn't bring a one home from church. The lasagna was the best one I have made in a good while.

Dinner is finished and I am heading outside to do a couple of chores, then possibly a nap. Our temps are still in the high 60's but have a wicked wind blowing, so I am sure that will change before the day is over.

Casper is probably chasing either a mouse, rat or chippie from the garage and it goes up under the car. He is not a destructive dog, so I don't think it is intentional, he is just determined to get his prey!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2012
10:37 AM

Post #9330355

BonnieB -- do you ever share your recipes? I have to say... I also make a great lasagna. I do not make home made sauce though.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9330359

Terese, sure, what do you need?

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2012
12:14 PM

Post #9330441

Oh -- lasagna. ;-)

I dont do "rolls", as i'd ROLL out the door.

I like to experiment with others recipes.

and i LOVE lasagna.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2012
7:37 PM

Post #9330755

Terese, it is easy, or so I think. How about sometime tomorrow I dmail you the recipe I use. Mine came out perfectly this time. Sometimes it is a little runny, other times a little dry, but this time it was just right, and I cut and served it, and it looked like what you would order in a restaurant. I served a green salad and garlic bread with it. The good thing about this recipe, if there is any left I can freeze it, and it is just as good thawed and reheated.

I am a cook who really doesn't use a recipe. Now when I bake that is the only time that I follow a recipe precisely. My DM who taught me to cook was a pinch of this and a shake of something else, a dab, etc. My DGD wanted my recipe for gravy, and I told her that I didn't have a recipe that she just needed to come to the kitchen and watch what I do when I cook certain things. She is becoming a good cook, and is doing it my way. Since her DM isn't home until about 6:30, often times she will start cooking supper, and when she was first doing this, would call me with lots of questions. I didn't mind, and still don't, but as she gets experience I am finding that her calls are less and less. Even her mother has told me that she is getting really good. This is my exDIL and when she was married to my DS, she wasn't much of a cook, so the DGD may end up being a better cook than her DM.

Tammy, DH wasn't as mad as I thought he would be. It was almost like he expected it, since it had happened before. And the fact that I saw with my own eyes one of his beagles under the car with Casper. He did call the guy who fixed it before and we are taking it to him tomorrow for him to work on it.

DH will have to either close the garage doors, put out traps, or poison, get some cats from the humane society and take care of the varmit population. That is what Casper is after, as he is not a destructive dog. DH said when I first told him about the damage to the car that we would have to find Casper another home, yada yada. I told him that he came from an abusive situation, and was just now getting used to his new home, and becoming very familiar with us, and I WAS NOT giving him away. Now if we have to temporarily keep him in the enclosed kennel, get him some training, put in an underground fence or whatever else might help I would agree to anything temporary, but not giving him away.

Elsie, so are you supposed to report for work this week? Would be nice to have heat and working phones, etc too.

Debbie, I don't know what to tell you about the cats and their behavior. I am suspecting that it is because of the DD's cats coming to live there. Do you have a basement where you could maybe separate yours from her's and therefore reduce the stress? I don't know, and I have only had one house cat, so not a very good person to get advice from.

Bonnie would be nice to hear from you and how everything is going with you.

Dianne, here is hoping that you are feeling better and that you are just busy getting things ready for winter.

Sandy, I will only say one word MUZZLE!

Off to read a bit then to bed.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 11, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9330778

BonnieB, they started this before DD and her cats moved back home. I think it is miss Daisy starting the issue. AND Axl has crystals in his urine, he finished his meds and the flare up is starting again. DD is taking "the babies" tomorrow, and I will talk to the vet again about something. I am going to get another Feliaway and see if that will help. It did before.

I moved furniture today, took the covers off of sofa and washed, Izzy is no longer allowed on couch!! AND Dh helped get the carpet cleaned until work called and he had to go in. I did what I could. Ended up moving furniture, including the big sofa bed & love seat all over til I was satisfied with placement. DH came home and scolded me for doing that...and YES, I already feel it in the back. BUT needed done!!

DD has been told she has to re-home the babies, regardless of her tears (OR MINE) and that she was told NOT to have any animals in that apartment...it was in the least right from the start and she didn't listen. Trouble is, shelters are all full as I have called around. The Lolly Pop farm just had a "free cat" day, where they re-homed 165 cats & kittens last week! Its about a 2 hour drive...but may be the final choice for us.

Well, busy day tomorrow as DD has dentist appointment, then the cats appointment...and getting ready for her birthday this week. Eggads!!!

Sweet dreams everyone
Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2012
3:51 AM

Post #9330835

Good morning everyone
Went to take pictures again last night, not much color again. May play with the editing program

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2012
3:59 AM

Post #9330836

We have power at work so I'm getting ready. It should be great getting back to these people who have called and emailed. It's supposed to be another nice day. I am still seeing power company trucks so I assume that there are still outages in this area.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9330932

I am heading off to Louisville for a follow up with the surgeon. Hope that all is well and I get a release and a clean bill of health.

Terese, I will do the recipe later, I haven't forgotten, just busy.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9330996

Good Morning!

Debbie - there must be some veggies you can eat. I know you've mentioned various meals with veggies. Just eat as many of what your system can tolerate. Remember fruits are really good for you too. The author advocates following his diet to the letter for 6wks and then add back in a bit of animal protein & additional starchy veggies & pasta. But I think it helps just increasing the amount of plant-based foods over giving up. Its amazing how much 1lb of greens is! I bought 3lbs yesterday & that's supposed to last just 3 days. (At least1lb raw greens & 1lb cooked veggies each day. Plus at least 4 fruits, 1c beans and just 1oz raw nuts & 1 starchy veggie. No more than 1tspn added oil, no animal protein. I'm not following it exactly).

BonnieB - Great news about DH's reaction to the car. Good luck with the surgeon!!!

Sandy - I did a lot of de-trashing myself yesterday. It started with wanting to put a grow light system in teh attic. I suspect the cats may have pee'd on it so I wanted it out of the area to see if that was the problem. The attic was full of boxes - for electronics we no longer owned and boxes we saved for christmas presents we no longer give. So I spent hours clearing it out - breaking everything down for recycling. I was inspired by BonnieB, Debbie, Terese & your efforts on this front. And while I followed the Loretta method and created a huge mess I was able to move on to the next step and get it back to order again.

Loretta - good luck! I hope everyone is pleasant. There certainly is no excuse for rudeness when clearly the communication snafus are not your company's fault!

Vicki - day off today?

Dianne - been thinking of you since your last post. Have you made progress with the volunteer ideas? I think time spent helping others would probably help, even if it was just distracting you a bit from your sorrow. Its a testament to your marriage that your DH is so deeply missed.

Well I have two office assistants, the clocks are all changed, everything is back in place after the trip and I guess that means I actually have to focus on work.

Have a good day everyone!
Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #9331033

Cold and sunny here this morning... Buddy's water bowl was frozen. Yikes.
I had left two potted plants out over night... it was raining pretty hard so i never got a chance to get them in
the water trays under the pots had ice in them. Put them in the sun room for now...

not much else going on today ... DH had to cancel all his plans for the day as "all offices are closed" for the holiday.

The biggy was... A few weeks back, he got a letter in the mail from 5th 3rd Bank stating that a large sum of money was withdrawn from his mom's account [he deals with ALL her -- everything]

So, of course it's about 5pm... he calls the back to find out what happened and said he did not take any money out... After a sleepless night, he got some answers the next day...

LONG story short... "due to inactivity" [the account was a long term CD] the account was sent to "unclaimed property" at the state of Illinois !! DH was like... I had just contacted you on change of contact information ... and it's a long term CD, of course there is no activity. He was pissed. Called the state, they have no idea where the money is... they dont have it yet. He calls the head office of the bank... Nothing they can do. DH is even more pissed... So he had to file a claim with the Unclaimed Property with the state, and they asked how long ago MIL had passed... DH was like... She's not dead - they just closed the account... and this is quite a large sum of cash. DH is just livid.

The Bank stated they tried to contact us... but we never received any notice -- phone or mail.

Plus a few other things... like DMV and Emissions testing on the car... so all is put off until tomorrow.

So I may do more "cleaning" today... should really make a run to Good Will this week.
I'm trying to give away a bedspread on FreeCycle... I've had two women say they want it, then bail on me... it's been out on my porch for two days now... too nice to just throw out...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9331052

Tam I have not even started de trashing the house. Life keeps getting in the way.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 12, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9331054

What a night!!

If DH and I make it through the day it will be a miracle. Izzy is sick, had us up every 20 minutes throughout the night. She is now laying beside me and the noise her stomach is making is NOT good. Horrible gas. I don't know what she got...but its not good.

Terese, that is going to be a mess to clear up. Get all forms of ID ready for DM and DH...as you will need it. We had to get a document signed by a Notary also for some things. I hope yours isn't a mess like that. AND...after getting this big letter I had "unclaimed property" and all that...it was a bank account that had like $35 in it from when I lived in CT. Wouldn't tell me amount til I had everything verified!!

Tam, glad the helpers are back. Just makes me smile knowing they are there and imagining their "positions" on the work table and chair. Is rice allowed on that diet? If I mix veggies with rice, I don't get sick. IF eaten alone...for some reason I spend two days in the bathroom. I eat LOTS of fruit, I love it more than anything...but that turns straight to sugar in my body...to fat. I have gotten more into mixing it with yogurt...which I really do not like flavor of. Anything leafy doesn't do well in my system and I so love it.

BonnieB, will be with you at the docs...thoughts and prayers!!

Bonnie, thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts.

Vicki, last day before "weekend"? Whats the plans?

Another cleaning day here...I have Mr. Clean/Lysol/bleach...a whole shebang...and going to keep moving. On 2nd load of laundry. Right now it is 58 but going to be bottoming out througout the day.

Be back after tea...running late on breakfast.

Debbie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 12, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9331056

Looks like we are all having a "de-trashing" party and cleaning fest today!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2012
8:39 AM

Post #9331088

Not me!!! I have my feet propped up---thought the DOG just came in and told me it is time to go out side and play

Sandy and the DOG

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 12, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9331417

Home and taking a breather. Why do days off have to go so fast?

Made breakfast. Went to chiro appointment. Then to store across the road for the grocery sales. Gotta stock up on some things. Then to Chippewa to Farm and Flee. Had to check the nut prices and see if they were still on sale. Yes they were. Still expensive but if you have to have them you have to have them. We also got new boots to wear outside to do chores. They are big on me but that doesn't matter putting wood in stove or shoveling. They were 25% off so a good deal.
Then to WW to see if they had what the other stores didn't Yes and no. Then across the road to check Aldi's and the same there. Then to McD's for a sandwich and a fancy flavored coffee. Then back to town to the hardware store to check on some shells for his brothers gun. None. Then gas and home and I am beat. But said I would make some cookies. Guess I will start that soon.

Supper will be leftovers. Gotta clean the fridge as he will be heading north soon to hunt. Yep that time of year.

Tam I think you had a very productive weekend. They are giving us cleaning incentive aren't they? I will start tomorrow when DH is at work. Have some of it planned in my head. It feels full.

Sandy I am so sorry all the exercise does not make Andre as tired as you! LOL

Deb is Izzy feeling better? Hope it is just her system acting up and nothing she ate. Loved the old pictures and thanks for sharing them.

BonnieB hugs! and some Ty puppy kisses.

Deb I also hope you can eat the vegies with the rice. Don't know what I would do without the vegies.

Elsie hope today was a good day and that they were all very understanding. Bet Chloe was happy to see you. I saw somewhere that there are still 120,000 with out power!

Terese hope that mess is easy to get straightened out! Geesh off with the head of the person that did it!

Dianne what did the Doctor say about the vertigo? I take A med from WW called Rugby Travel sickness. 100 tablets for 6.50 or so. They are 25 mg and cut them in half. Usually take half in the morning and most days I am good all day then, If I start to feel icky later I take another half. What would it hurt to try? I take it with my other meds and yes it was first Dr. prescribed. Then I was told about being able to buy it over the counter lots cheaper.

Better go and start the cookies. But a nap sounds good also.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9331467

Tammy, I'm so glad you are following my organizing to do's. hehe American Test Kitchen showed a chicken veggie dish. The veggies were in some oil and seasoning and the chicken was cut into 8 pieces. It actually looked easier than I thought. It was roasted at 475 for 30 - 40 minutes. so you got really nice crispy veggies and chicken skin.

Terese, I hope your DH can get his all fixed. I think I would want to see some heads roll. Doesn't anyone check this stuff before it's sent off?

Vicki, it sounds like some days at your work are almost as fun as mine. hehe

BonnieB, how did things go at the dr?

Dianne, how did you make out at the dr and the dentist?

Bonnie how are things on the home front? I hope you are taking care of yourself.

Debbie, I hope you can get your Izzy feeling better. Can you keep your trouble makers in an enclosed area away from everyone else?

I sounds like all of the people I work with have power now. Some got it back today. Work was hotter than ever since it was ice cold to start with. So up went the thermostats. They lost the four remaining fish in the huge tank. I'm sure due to the cold.

People for the most part were nice today. Some not so much. The people who think their magazine is more important than our disaster are so wrong.

I had to get some groceries after work. The Shop-Rite has reduced the amount you have to buy to get a free turkey or ham for Thanksgiving. They did it for the storm victims. I thought that was very nice.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 12, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9331475

Hello, Just finished dinner. Meatloaf...which Ioaded up with onion, shredded carrots and mushrooms and it was really good.

I don't know what is up with Izzy. While it was nice out, she laid out in my "clutter garden" as DH calls it. (Sweet potato ground cover..he calls clutter) and
laid in the sunbeams. She ate her breakfast but has been needed to go in and out every half hour. Only thing I can think, we weaned her into a new food, Senior formula with more fish oils and lower protein.

Regarding the "naughty critters". Well, if I put them down in the basement, which is a "rough basement" I will worry. Its about 58 down there. Not any natural light down there much at all, especially this time of year. AND, there will be territory fighting. I do suppose it could be an option. I had a large disagreement with DD this morning...so will see how things go. Can't believe tomorrow is her 22nd birthday...only thing I would like to give her is a swift kick!!!

Elsie, is it getting any better there? I see that on TV and so scary still. And now the Indiana explosion did so much damage. We had one in Alfred...about 3 hours from here...last night also. Gas leak they think.

Vicki, you better check for frogs...its relaxing (for me) O:)

Tam, how did your day go?

We broke a "high temp" today of 70...and guess what??? Snow flurries expected tonight!!! Ya'll aren't nice sending it over this way!!!

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 12, 2012
4:27 PM

Post #9331513

Well Deb it had to go somewhere! Ducking and running!

that is one thing I didn't mention today.THE WEATHER! Yes I am yelling. It only got to a high of 26 and the wind was blowing so hard the snow was going sideways! Really. Just enough to cover the ground and keep it nasty out.

I checked for frogs yesterday and didn't see any. Was going to today and you kow the weather was nasty. Will see how tomorrow goes.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 12, 2012
4:32 PM

Post #9331517

You expect me to feel bad about your weather after that? NOT!!! And now sending it up here to me. Fine.

It will wait til a few inches of snow...and then you will have to trudge through the snow to save them.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 12, 2012
4:34 PM

Post #9331519

TRUDGE TRUDGE TRUDGE

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 12, 2012
4:38 PM

Post #9331522

It is sounding nasty outside now, the wind is really picking up.

I have a gas filled dog laying here...and would LOVE to open a window!!!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 12, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #9331523

Poor Puppy!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 12, 2012
4:43 PM

Post #9331524

I am the one that needs the gas mask! lol

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 12, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9331529

But you switched her food and I bet she is hurting. Can you give her a tums? Gas-X? Go crack a window and sit by it. Get the fan and blow it away from you!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #9331531

>>Terese, I hope your DH can get his all fixed. I think I would want to see some heads roll. Doesn't anyone check this stuff before it's sent off?

Elsie -- yanno - DH called our local back and explained the story and asked if they do anything like that... the gal commented that they have been known to physically go to the person's home and bang on the door to see if folks were 'still alive'.

Something to say for "small town" banks. [we've been with them forever... me as a kid - it was my first bank account when i was about 6, and I assume DH forever too] We use them for everything.

Hopefully tomorrow DH will get some answers. If the $$ is not at the State... DH is gonna raise heck.

lazy day, didn't do much... but finally got a taker on the bedspread... glad about that. it was pretty, just didnt fit my bed well. [it was MIL's for her spare BR]

also -- been on line Laptop shopping for the kid... his is limping along and for his classes in school - they work on their personal computers. Need to get him a new one before this one dies.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2012
5:05 PM

Post #9331545

Debbie - the kitties will be fine with 58deg. Remember my crew wants to go outside even when its in the teens out there. But the territorial issue is a whole other problem. I think I mentioned Gary created small room for Fred so he & Pixel can both be in our basement. There was an area maybe 6' wide by 10' long that led to what looks like a set of steps. Someone cement blocked up the doorway (and I've been dying to know what's in there since I first saw it).

On the veggies & rice - you are supposed to have as many beans as you want and just a little brown rice. (he prefers no grains like brown rice the first 6wks). I'm not following this diet exactly. I would say eat as many veggies you can and mix in brown rice to do it if necessary.

Vicki - now you just keep that cold weather up north, ya hear? Sounds like you fit a lot in your day off!

Terese - OMG what a huge mess that bank created! I wonder who is the agency responsible for oversight on stuff like this? Consumer Protection Bureau? I hope its easier to straighten out than it sounds to be.

Loretta - did you try the recipe? I love roasted anything I think. I got out my wok and made a stir fry. Been a while.

Sandy - sounds like it was time for your walk. :-)

BonnieB - kinda hoping to see you post with good news. Let us know how it went today.

I made an appointment to drop off the extra roosters. I had become rather fond of one but the other I will be quite happy to see gone! He's mean and chases the hens & other roosters. Four is just too many. Will make chicken noodle for my dad with them. I have them in boxes and will take them to a menonite family that butchers them for a very small fee. They have organic produce so I'll pick up sweet potatoes and see if they have cauliflower or broccoli, spinach... anything green.

Tam

This message was edited Nov 12, 2012 9:44 PM
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9331607

Tammy, I just saw the recipe last night. I was amazed at how easy it looked to cut up a whole chicken. I'm sure when I do it the ER will be involved. It looked very good for sure. Cutting up the chicken lets you cut off fat and extra skin. And it crisps up and doesn't get too many soggy juices in the veggies. And it's baked on a baking pan not a roasting dish.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 12, 2012
6:34 PM

Post #9331609

Me cooking a fresh chicken...I dont know if I could do one I had "known". BUT we get fresh turkeys all the time and I have no problem. I just do NOT look at the turkey farm driving by and make eye contact. lol I remember about 10 years ago, SF...evil as he was...couldn't eat the turkey as he had "met him" and picked it out...while still alive. LOL

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9331617

I am going to bed---before I lose it and kill the 2 I share this house with.
I have about reach my limit---I need some wine and dark chocolate.

Sandy and That thing covered with hair

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9331619

Good Night Sandy. Good night everyone. I'm logging off for the night too.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 12, 2012
6:55 PM

Post #9331623

Good night, I have to watch Castle...then will probably turn in for the night. Waiting for the wind to die down out there.

Sweet dreams!
Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9331625

Elsie you crack me up. It used to be when I cooked anything I put the local emergency squad on notice! The recipe does sound good. I love chicken, DH not so much, but roasted veggies, yum.

Debbie, I think that the cats would be okay with that temp. Just put them a little blanket in a basket and they will cuddle. Something has to give, you can't keep cleaning the messes, or more accurately finding them first.

Terese, our Treasury Department is the department where the unclaimed funds go. However, it seems that this bank did not follow all the procedures that our banks and other entities are required to do before turning the funds over to unclaimed property. Our state has a web site where you can go look and see if your name is on the list that has property being held. Right before she died, DMIL's name was posted there, and she had to fill out an affidavit, etc, but it was an insurance policy that she had bought and paid for years before, and somehow it was with another employer, and they turned it in. It was about 2,000.00 I think, anyway a nice surprise, almost like a gift. (sent you the recipe)

Tammy, we are eating lots of sweet potatoes. I told DH that I have been checking the mirror to see if my skin is orange yet! Oh, and he is eating turnips. One bigger than the one I took a picture of the other day. Yikes, I think they are going to turn on him, and attack us in the night! Attack of the killer turnips, hehehe. Watch for the movie.

Vicki, sounds like you get some of the chores that my DH gives me to do. On my list of things I need to buy this week is shot gun shells. Now, I do know the end of the gun that you put them in, but that would be a risky business for me, a gun and shells. If it were a handgun, or a rifle, now you better watch out, I am a crack shot, and have medals and trophies to prove it. Your weather doesn't have anything on us. Today when I left for Louisville, it was raining, and rained all 50 miles there, and was raining when I started home, only mixed in with the rain was these drops that had ice in them! It has gone from 68 last night to right now it is 36, and by tomorrow morning WL's are saying we will be at 28. Brrr, and I have a dentist appointment tomorrow, so will need to be out and about.

Well folks thanks for your thoughts. I didn't get released. She says that there are 2 small places that although better, they are not completely healed. So more sitz baths for 3 more weeks, and then hopefully she will release me. I am going to have the cleanest, most swiveled bottom on anybody on the face of the earth. Hehehe.

well tomorrow I have a dentist appointment, and while I am in that town I will do the grocery shopping so I don't have to go out on Wednesday. Thursday, I am having lunch with a former work friend, and at the same time taking my DS to a Dr appointment in that city. He doesn't know where the Dr office is, so I volunteered to drop him off, go have lunch and then pick him up. Friday my DGD is coming, and I have a mandatory review and test for the ministry certificate I hold. It is from 9-4. Since I am going to be held captive, hope whatever bad weather that is in store comes on that day.

Sunday our church is having our Thanksgiving dinner. I volunteered to cook the turkey, so will thaw and brine it beginning on Thursday. Have any of you tried brining a turkey? They are so much more moist and tender.

Well, anyway, thanks to all who went with me to the Dr, and thanks for your t & p's, I know that you all are getting so good at it, that I am asking that you continue your thoughts for me another 3 weeks!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9331640

Thanks BonnieB -- And hopefully in 3 weeks you will be released. Are the sitz baths a thorn in your side, or can you think of them as "me time" ?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9331651

Well, I have made them more interesting. I take the phone with me, and I have caught up on some calls that needed to be made, but just hadn't had time, and then since I usually have a book going, I take the current book with me, and that helps to pass the time. Although 15 minutes is not a long time, when you are watching a clock, it seems twice as long!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9331663

Ugggg - our first snow fall of the year... looks VERY wet.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 12, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9331664

Terese, can't remember if I posted it here (don't see it) or another thread...but we had a high of 70 today, and they are talking snow flurries over night!

Its just not right!!

Stay safe!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 12, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9331678

Hi. Remember me?

After I hired the professional Senior Mover, a plan fell into place like a wildfire.

I flew into Panama City on Sunday and drove to the Mexico Beach condo. On Wednesday I go into Destin to the Candelwood suites to share Claire's 13th birthday and Nutcracker performance on Sunday afternoon.

Patti2 who drove me and the boys to the Shores last summer will fly to Katy this Saturday and pick up my boys and drive them in my car to Destin where she will meet me on Sunday. On Monday we will drive to the Shoes which will become my primary residence.

I will begin furnishing mom's apartment at the ALF.

Meanwhile back in Katy:

The packers and movers will pack and move mom's things on 11/29. They will deliver to the ALF in 6-8 days. Upon receipt of the shipment at the ALF, Monique will start the drive to the ALF with mom and her two cats in her car, giving me 3 or 4 days to put away her things, hang pictures, and get her apartment ready for her arrival. I will fly Monique back to Houston.

After Christmas I will go back to Katy for two weeks and get her house ready to sell. Then I will go back to the Shores, rest a while and then go back to Katy and stage my house to sell.

This was all made possible by hiring the Senior Mover.

On Sunday night when i arrived, I went to bed at 7:30, awoke at 10:00, slept so hard, I thought it was 10:00 Monday night. Still having trouble keeping my eyes opened. I have been sleep deprived for so long.

Going to bed again.

Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 12, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9331686

((((Bonnie)))) So happy to hear from you and that all is going "as planned" and you are able to get some rest and peace of mind!!!

Hugs,
Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 13, 2012
4:19 AM

Post #9331788

Good Morning everyone

{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}} for both of our Bonnies

All quite here right now-both of my pain in the rumps are asleep

Waving

Sandy and pain #1

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 13, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9331892

Good morning,

Off and running for birthday shopping. Nothing like last minute.

Have a good day!

Debbie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 13, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9331905

Big Huggs Bonnie... at least there is a plan and it is in motion... one day in the not too distant future, it will be all over and you can relax on your patio watching the ocean.

it is currently 27 and sunny. Buddy's outside water bowl is frozen solid. We only got a dusting of snow, though when it was coming down - sideway and in big HUGE flakes, it looked like it would have been more.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9331989

It was 28 last night...I managed to get 3 cart loads of salvias in the greenhouse and I tried to water all the plants outside...to my surprise the tomatoes still look good..but I think the squash is toast.
My cast iron skillet was used to cook a steak that had teriyaki marinade on it..it has become one, with the skillet..how do I get it off?

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 13, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #9331997

found this... http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-clean-a-cast-iron-skill-107747

and here is a youTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npWOnXZAFLY
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

November 13, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9332000

Good Morning everyone!

Sunny but cold and windy here. I really didn't need to rake all of those leaves, the wind would have carried them right through the yard.Quill, Diesel and I did enjoy our time outside though so I am not complaining.

Good to see you Bonnie. I am so happy for you that the plans to move your mother are coming together so well.

BonnieB sorry to read you still have to take the baths but reading your book has to help. Here's hoping the next time you see the doc you get discharged.

Loretta I am glad your power is still on. I have a friend whose power was on during the whole storm then they lost it 2 days after and still don't have it back. Is Teddy coming in to work?

Tam I have sort of put the volunteer thing on hold till I get to the bottom of these dizzy spells. I would hate to commit myself to something then have to cancel at the last minute.

Saw my GP last week and she has referred me to an ENT doctor. My appointment is Dec.10 in Napanee. This doctor is the Head of the ENTs here in Kingston but has opened a satellite office in Napanee so I was able to get in fairly quickly. My GP doesn't think it is vertigo because of the severity of the spell and that they are increasing in frequency. Tomorrow is the dentist - oh joy! Doc will finish up the root canal, put in a temporary cap and look at a new tooth that broke off at the gum line this week.Vicki I asked about the med you mentioned and the drug store had never heard of it. I'll ask in Kingston the next time I am in.

Sandy does Andre still wear his thunder shirt?

Debbie hope your shopping goes well and you get home in time to rest up for the festivities. Dec. maybe for Shannon, eh? Are you holding your breath?

Time to remove a tick from Diesel. Man they are just not going away this year.

Dianne

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 13, 2012
8:19 AM

Post #9332012

I saw a small tick again last week.

Dianne see if you can order them on line.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 13, 2012
9:42 AM

Post #9332075

Dianne his Thunder shirt is now way to big for him, need to get a smaller size.

Sandy and the brat

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 13, 2012
1:50 PM

Post #9332298

Hello! I am home! LONG day! I was very selfish and did some shopping for myself as I needed a few things for upcoming events.

Did OK picking up something for Shannon. New pants, bra's, Toby CD, candle and paying for her haircut tomorrow for her.

Dianne, I would like to think Dec. for Shannon, but something is going on and she isn't talking. I think instead of her getting her Financial aid reimbursement (dropped classes) that they sent it back to the Bank...as she was NOT doing well in classes. She was depending on that refund to get an apartment. SO, not
sure how they are working that...I am staying out of it.

Need to get things organized. Just having us here tonight...the sisters and crew will be her Friday.

Waving to all ...be back soon

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 13, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #9332357

Going to dentist in the morning to have the teeth cleaned-hoping the weather is good so I can go to the gardens take some pictures

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9332513

I read through all your posts but am just too tired to respond. Glad to hear from our 2 Bonnies & Dianne.

Have a good night ladies
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 13, 2012

Post #9332522

Good evening. It must be dentist season, I had an appointment today. When my last cleaning was due, and I had an appointment, I was in the hospital with pneumonia and just had never made another appointment. Didn't get good new though. I had noticed sometimes that the upper right jaw was tender and it hurt to chew on that side, but couldn't see anything. Well they found it today. An abscess and infection on the roots of a tooth that had a root canal and crown many years ago. What? I thought once you had a root canal that it was almost guaranteed that you wouldn't have any more trouble with it. Well, he wanted to check with my surgeon before prescribing antibiotics, so will probably hear from the dentist tomorrow to go pick up some antibiots at the pharmacy. He said that first need to clear up the infection, then he would drill into the bottom of the tooth, and that is when my eyes glazed over and I don't know what happens after the hole drilling!

Dianne, so glad that you have the appointment with the ENT. I am so hoping that there is just a half bubble out of plumb and they can put it back in the right place! Bet that Diesel is a huge dog now.

Sandy, I am making my arms and body a thunder shirt for Mr. B. I have got him just about to the point that he isn't afraid of shooting that is going on with deer season.

Melva, gee, I thought you didn't have temperatures like that. It doesn't take much for the squash to be history. Since the heat got the early stuff you didn't have a very long growing season. I don't use my iron skillets for anything that has sauces or marinades. It tends to seep into the pores and it takes forever to get the smell and taste out of it.

Bonnie, I am so glad that things are falling into place for you and your DM. I know that you are not out of the woods as far as moving and getting her house ready to sell, nor you house ready. But just think of it as being a very productive road that you need to travel, and when you get to the end of that road, you should have some peace and quiet and be able to know that your DM is being cared for. ((hugs))

terese, poor Bud man. A frozen water bowl this morning. Does he come inside to sleep at night? Or is he mostly an inside dog who just happens to have a water bowl outside too?

Debbie, so glad that you got the shopping done. That is always a big stress for me. Just like Christmas, I like to get my shopping done early so that I don't have to fight the crowds at the last minute. Hoping that the child gets her finances in order and is soon able to afford a place of her own.

Vicki, I imagine Ty is enjoying this cooler weather. I still haven't heard an explanation of the frogs. Guess it is an inside joke between you and Debbie.

Tammy, will you be going back to CA next week? I had to laugh about your greens. The first time I tried to cook fresh greens from our garden, I started out with a large pan, and by the time they cooked down, I had about a cup full. Very good though.

I have the turkey for the church dinner in soaking tonight. Bought it today, and it is in brine, and it is such a large bird that it will take it several days to thaw. I am keeping it in the garage fridge, and will change the water every day. I will cook it on Saturday morning.

I am heading to bed shortly. As far as I know, I don't have any where I need to be tomorrow, so it will be nice to stay at home.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 13, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9332550

BonnieB -- Bud is an inside dog, but he loves his COLD outside water.
I will fill his inside bowl with fresh water, and he will go outside and drink out of his bowl that has dirt in it... silly dog.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 13, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9332554

I had a dentist appointment this afternoon. After I had my last crown - a piece of the filling of the next tooth fell out. Saw so many trees down and cut on my way to the dentist and going home. One of the guys that comes to the office with the owner still has no power out on Long Island. they thought they had power today and his wife went to the house and she just cried her eyes out. I think it's the same town where they have started a lawsuit against the power company.

Sweet dreams.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 13, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9332555

Terese, how did your DH make out today?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 13, 2012
8:09 PM

Post #9332583

Yes it is dentist season for sure. DD went yesterday morning and ended up with "three sides" of her tooth repaired that just crumbled.

Although it is her birthday, that kid has had a horrible day. I really felt bad for her. She held up fine until the restaurant screwed up her dinner order, and that
was just the icing on the cake and she started crying.

I am heading to bed. Over tired for sure.

Everyone rest well...

Debbie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 13, 2012
8:23 PM

Post #9332614

>>Terese, how did your DH make out today?

the gal at the State said we should get a letter in 60 days !! to tell us if they have the money or not... .

DH called our lawyer today.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 14, 2012
1:53 AM

Post #9332719

Good morning everyone

Back this afternoon

Sandy and Andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

November 14, 2012
3:58 AM

Post #9332740

Good luck at the dentist Sandy. Think of me while you are in the chair
.lol Sounds like alot of us have our mouths worked on this week. BonnieB I so know how your mouth is feeling. I think this last antibiotic mt G P gave me last week is finally working. Hurrah!Bonnie did you ever get that crown fixed? Neighbour is driving me into the dentist.
Tam hope you had a good sleep.
Terese when is your surgery? We'll be there with you.
Back later if the dentist doesn't kill me.
Dianne

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 14, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9332778

Good morning. It is a sunshiny morning, but lots of frost on the ground making it look like a light snow. The usually outside dogs (Casper and Abby) sort of hesitated when I opened the door for them. Abby went out, Casper has decided to stay in until it warms up some.

Nothing planned for today, but need to do a lot of clearing kitchen island, putting things away, and then have plenty of other things that can be done or not depending on my mood.

Dianne, hope that the dentist visit doesn't reveal any more surprises for you. Aren't friends and neighbors just so wonderful?

Okay, need to get started.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 14, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9332795

Good Morning!
st
I'm in for a dental appointment tomorrow too. I'd had to reschedule it from last week. Thankfully just a cleaning.

BonnieB - Is there a possibility that you'll need any more surgery or is it "simply" just 3wks of sitz baths? I've heard that there can be nasty infections with root canals. I've seen emails saying you shouldn't have them. I don't think the alternative (losing a tooth) is better so I don't know what you're supposed to do! I am plannng to make a monthly trip to Ca for now so I scheduled my flights for the first week of Dec.

Dianne - Good luck with the dentist. (I should actually say that to most of the folks on the thread today!) I sure hope that ENT can figure out what's going on with you and solve it. Give the crew a big hug for me for taking such good care of you through your difficult times.

Bonnie - whew! You've got it all mapped out and will have this all behind you before you know it. I bet the boys will be happy to settle in with you in one place too.

Terese - our kitties do that too. We'll pour them a nice fresh bowl of water and Fred especially will go over to the puddle of water spilled from watering a hanging planter on the deck. Still in shock over that CD story. wow. Scarey!

Loretta - Newsweek just did a nice spread on the heros of Sandy. Sad that Long Island is still in such bad shape. Just a shame too. I'm glad your office is back to work. I bet the down time is very hard on their bottom line.

Sandy - good luck at the dentist. Looking forward to the photos!

Debbie - Try to have your DD think of something to be grateful for every day. It really does help to improve your outlook and health. She was out for dinner on her birthday with her parents. I think I was taken out for dinner on my birthday by my family maybe 1 time (and that was a couple years ago w/my mom). I know she has challenges, more than most.

Vicki - what's on your agenda today? Not sending any MORE nasty weather our way are you?

Melva - how did you make out with the cast iron skillet? Making sure you season it well before you use it again. I don't like dealing with clean up of cast iron. I just use mine for fried eggs now. Rarely anything else.

Adina - I hope all is well for you.

The roosters are all ready for us to pick up. I will get them after work or DH will get them after he takes the cats to the vets. He has three appointments in a row. Two cats for the 1st, two cats for the 2nd and the last cat for the last one. what a trooper! We used to rush home from work, collect the cats and take them to the vet. We'd get back at 8:30 or 9pm and then have dinner. So nice to have him retired!

OK - off to work for me. Have a nice day ladies.
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 14, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9332851

Free to good home: 1 large dog with major issues and a basket full of cats...as many that fit you can have!

We were up and down with Izzy all night again. Then I finally gave up at 4:50 after DH left for work and came down to sleep on the couch. Switched on the
light and the cats...most of them...had gotten in the little garbage can, which had little round candies in it...and were playing soccer! Took me about 5 minutes to collect them all, and by the time I did and got that messed up, turned around to find Axl wrapped up and rolling around with DH's ace bandage he keeps by his chair for his knee!!! Finally laid down and "someone" got on top of the bird cage. I give up!!!

Tam, good luck with your babies at the vet.

AND everyone good luck with the dentists!!!

Well, DH is in a panic attack. Hehehe. Tomorrow we are going to the Buffalo Bills vs. Miami Dolphins game. These two are rivals big time!!! Well...guess who is the ONLY Miami fan out of 60,000 there??? ME!!! AND...we are on the side behind Miami players bench. I do NOT like sports...at all. BUT a Miami football game...I will be in heaven, especially behind the players bench...Great view! (my bad!) I am worried about the stairs, but we will go early and possibly leave early depending on the score/game status...if I haven't been carried out by a "squish the fish" lynch mob beforehand.

Be back with coffee
Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 14, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9332884

Morning! Where did yesterday go? Oh yeah spent od doing various chores. Got some things marked off my list and today I will see what I can get done in about half an hour or so.

BonnieB I just forgot your question. My above ground pond gets some frogs in it over summer. Then when the cold fall comes I usually have to move them to the big pond as the small one freezes solid. I will move them and the next day there are more/same ones. We are picturing me walking up and down the hill with a fish net and frog. Then the next day there are more! So it is usually a very funny undertaking. But yesterday I went and bailed water out of the above ground pond and there were no frogs. Poor doggies being forced out into the cold. LOL That turkey sounds good. What do you brine it in?

Tam love that you are now going once a month. Why the change? The holidays? Are you ready to make soup.? I made pea and ham soup yesterday. So good!

Bonnie you are so busy but glad it is planned out so well to make it a smidge easier. Update us when y ou can.

All these Dental visits are making me feel guilty. I need to go and keep putting it off.

I woke up and I think I am getting a cold. Don't feel right. Think I will go and get something done as it will be a long week for me.

I told the boss I would work for her on Tues. As her SO is having surgery. I told her instead of splitting my days off I would work Monday also(making it 7 in a row) and have Wed. and Thurs. off. Don't know if I will even be consious Tues. night as by Sun. I am wiped out!

Thumbnail by ves522

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 14, 2012
8:10 AM

Post #9332931

Oh, vicki, that is a funny sounding endeavor with the frogs. I am hoping that you won't need to do it this winter, and besides if they are smart enough to get in the fish pond, aren't they smart enough to get out and go some place else?

I put the turkey in a very large canning kettle, add salt, brown sugar and pickling spices and cover with water. Change water every other day if it is in the fridge or every day if it is not. So takes a little effort, but it is worth it. Makes the meat so moist and tender and it is just delicious. I made one for church Christmas like that one year, and people just raved about it. I didn't share that little piece of advice with them, but now brine every turkey I cook. I can be done with any large piece of meat. Bet the venison would be good like that. If you need directions, DMail me.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #9333014

Oh we get some cold..just not a lot.
Clean up of the cast iron is slow. I tried scouring with the Kosher salt and got some off...next I will attempt the boiling method...the pan belonged to my Mother she had it for years, not sure how many. I use it for everything. Thanks for the you tube video and the website too...
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

November 14, 2012
11:30 AM

Post #9333114

Back from the dentist a little worse for wear. Two lins in one tooth with a crown back on and a dressing put into a rear molar. Hopefully the dressing will do the trick and I won't have to have another root canal. Back in 2 weeks.

Diesel decided to shred 2 books while I was gone. First thing he has destroyed in weeks
At least I had read the books.

Vicki I so know the feeling. You are a pro you can do it. Bless you for helping your coworker out. Another tick here this am.
R
Melva how did you make out with the pan?

All this talk of turkey makes me hungry for a Thanksgiving meal
We always had ham too.

Seone at the door - got to go.
Dianne
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2012
12:05 PM

Post #9333135

Boiling water in the pan got a lot of the stuff off..I may need to do it again.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 14, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #9333153

Put some backing soda in it while you boil it...or even Dawn or a touch of oil with the water. Your going to have to re-season it anyway.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9333192

Good idea...thanks

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 14, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9333416

Howdy!

Debbie - wonderful offer but I'm gonna have to decline. lol I hope you catch up on sleep tonight.

Vicki -that's a long stretch w/o a break! I think you should have gone for three days in a row off. What happens TG? Is the store closed I hope?

Melva - got some good suggestions there. You can scrub it too. Definitely need to reseason so scrubbing is ok. But boiling w/baking soda in water and then scraping off the goo a few times will get you most of the way there.

Dianne - he was just prepping them for the compost pile. Very helpful. I found Pixel had shredded about 12 pages of my favorite cookbook a couple weeks ago. I was able to tape them together for the most part. I was between laughter & tears the whole time. Mom gave me that cookbook when I graduated college.

Wow - another long day. Weird thing - my boss called me and just chatted like he had all the time in the world. This on a day I know he has packed full. I've been on a number of conference calls w/him trying to figure out how we're going to ship our production units this quarter. I guess he heard the stress in my voice and wanted to make sure I was ok and knew he was supporting me? Anyway - nice gesture. Still stressed though. :-)

Oh - DH picked up the chicken. So we have that and lots of wonderful organic veggies from the menonite farm. Amazingly inexpensive.

The vet is worried about Scirocco. She's lost more weight. She is absolutely feeling better though. She's been running around like a maniac the last few days. But he wants to check her in a month and if she hasn't put on any weight, do an ultrasound to see if there's anything he can see there. Fred & Zephyr both got a clean bill of health. It turns out tomorrow is Pixel & Truffles.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 14, 2012
6:09 PM

Post #9333417

Good evening. I have had such a busy and productive day. I have cleaned like the devil was right on my heels. I did laundry and I cooked. My house is clean really clean for the first time since I have been sick. I had been doing what I felt like doing, and letting the rest go, so guess that is a testiment to my health.

Tammy, there is always the possibility of more surgery, but won't know until she does some blood work, and another test to see if there are any cancer cells left. The dentist didn't want to do anything to my mouth if there was a possibility of any kind of surgery or treatment in store for me short term.

Vicki, I don't envy you of working so many days in a row. That sure will make your week really long. I don't blame you for wanting you days off together.

Melva, hope that the skillet comes clean, and that you remember next time not to use iron to marinate anything. I wouldn't take anything for my iron skillets and muffin tins and corn bread tins. I have the ones that puts the lines on the cornbread just like rows of corn. Very old. They were my DGM's, passed on to me by my DM. I think some of them are called gem pans. Did you all know that the Griswold brand of iron skillet is worth more than any other brand?

Terese, oh, so the beuracratic red tape begins. I don't understand why they just don't admit that somebody messed up, and help you get the problem straightened out.

Debbie, how is Izzy? I sure hope she hasn't eaten any exotic items and is suffering the tummy ache from that. Sounds like your house is a zoo most of the time. I didn't mean that as a pun either! I had tears in my eyes when you told of your DD's horrible day yesterday. Seems like the comic strip character that had the black cloud over his head all the time, can't remember the name of the strip.

Dianne, oh, sounds like you are a little worse for the wear at the dentist, and then to find 2 books shredded. Maybe you can get him a part time job with the mobile shredders that go from office to office destroying and shredding old files. He would be perfect for that!

Sandy, how did you come out today? Hope that you had a nice drive and that your dentist visit was productive.

Havng lunch with a DG friend tomorrow. We haven't done this since early spring before I got sick. So looking forward to it.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 14, 2012
8:18 PM

Post #9333526

I had to relinquish my computer to Shannon for school work, so just getting on.

Isabelle is not doing good at all, and I have a very very bad feeling. We will be at the vet soon as they open in the morning. She now has "projectile" diarrhea.
She was whining laying on the floor (she isn't active at all) and started licking her lips. Usually means she is going to vomit. Got her outside and massive runs with LOTS of gas, which is where the projectile issue came in. This has happened three times since 8:00. I called Kenny...good friend and vet tech at Vet, he said hold food, provide water and call first thing in the morning. Said the 2 hour drive to ER clinic might stress her too much. SO...unless something good happens over night...thats the plan first thing in morning.

Will go back and read it all...Sorry about the books Dianne, glad you had read them. And good news the Dentist is a progress.

Will give update in the morning.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 15, 2012
3:28 AM

Post #9333610

Morning everyone-winter out side, trying to decide if I really want to go out. Dog run and gym day but I do not want too!!! Cold and wet out there

Debbie praying that our Izzy gets better {{{{{{{hugs to both of you}}}}}}}}}}}

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 15, 2012
5:12 AM

Post #9333649

Good Morning!

Sandy - here too. It was 32degF / 0degC here this morning when DH took the cats for a walk.

Debbie - do let us know how she is this morning! ((((((( Izzy )))))))

I'm off to the dentist.
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 15, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9333653

Tam not that cold here but not nice either

S and a
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

November 15, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9333673

((((Izzy and Debbie))))
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 15, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9333685

Good morning, sending healing thoughts and prayers for Miss Izzy and Debbie. Sure hope that it is something that is easy to fix.

It is chilly here, but need to go out and get the garlic out of the barn and put it in a better winter storage place. Then I am having lunch in a nearby city with a DG friend.

Will check in later.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9333712

Hugs to Debbie and Miss Izzy

Light frost on the ground, the pond next door has ice on it, but the water bowl does not... how odd.

not sure what the day holds for me today... but i will get in my 30 min bike ride. [in the basement]

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 15, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9333766

Morning!

What distressing news from Debbie. Hope Izzy is better this morning.

Got DH on his way up north to hunt. Ty and I can celebrate later. Got my work hours and I didn't get the days I want. I have Mon. and Wed. off. Work Thanksgiving. Oh well have no plans for that day anyway. Plus it will be easier on me.

Dianne hoping this is the last Dentist appointment for awhile after he does a recheck on this one. That Diesel he just missed you and was bored. I think until Ty was a bout a year old we kept him in the crate while we were gone.

Tam hope Sicorroco(sp) is okay. Furby is a skinny boney cat and his brother Leon is this fatty if I don't watch his food. But they are both healthy and happy.

I am trying to decide on Chicken or Pork roast for Thanksgiving. Maybe I will make both and freeze some. Sounds like a plan to me.

BonnieB have fun at lunch. When are you coming here to clean?

Terese I really need to start some exercising besides walking. The walking will stop when it gets snowy and icey here.

Kelly the girl I use to work with that was my right and left hand visited me last night. She joined the local gym and it is $18 a month. I will have to think about that. About 8 blocks from work. She had her first Zumba class last night and really liked it.

Deb I saw a frog in the pond this mroning! The hunt will be on when it warms up a bit more.

Better get something done.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9333777

Vicki -- how far north does DH go to hunt? and I've been meaning to ask forever... where do you work?

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 15, 2012
8:16 AM

Post #9333805

Terese he's about an hour from home depending on how fast he drives. Hawkins-Catawba area. I work at Family Dollar.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 15, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #9333817

We are both back home! Definitely something amiss in Miss Izzy's intestines. No blockage at all, but lots of gas and loose stools on xray.

She is on Metronidazole, Cerenia & Forti-Flora Canine packets (healthy bacteria) and Canine I/D dog food to mix with her regular.

Of a big concern also is her xrays showing severe arthritis in her hips, and more so in her spine. She said she is surprised she is walking as
well as she is. After getting the tummy issues taken care of...we may have to put her on something besides the fish oil & glucosamine for that.

I am hungry and tired, going to get some breakfast and sit for a bit.

Thanks so so much for the good thoughts, I am still not feeling to good about her. Doc wanted to keep her but was worried it would make more stress.
If not turning around in 24 hours...going to admit.

Debbie ( WHo is SO SO excited about a frog adventure!)

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 15, 2012
8:31 AM

Post #9333821

Deb was waiting for news on our Izzy. Not what we wanted to hear but we will worry with you and hope for the best. Now Ty and I will go on our walk and then see what we can find for frogs! The walk will warm me up so I can spent time outdoors.

Update in an hour or so!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 15, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #9333839

With all going on, forgot to share some "good" news. At least so far it is good.

DS gota job at a new restaurant about 10 miles away. He got a call yesterday and they put him to work at 5:00 yesterday afternoon, got home at 1:00 a.m. and I dropped him off at 11:00 this morning. He said it is a really nice restaurant and they are letting him work way around and see what qualifications he has and where to fit in best. Gave him bar-tending test which he passed, no problem. At least I know where he is now.

Off in the distance I hear "here froggy froggy". LOL

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9333847

Awesome news about DS, Debbie... big hugs to Izzy. Sorry to hear of the arthritis.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2012
9:43 AM

Post #9333874

Thanks for all your suggestions about the pan..I got a lot of stuff off..I used kosher salt and olive oil just a while ago and it is pretty clean...
The pan wasn't used to marinade the steak...just to cook it...think in the future, we will have a pan that is designated just for Phil's steaks...(not steaks made of Phil...just steaks that Phil cooks) needed to make that clear.
The itching is continuning even though I haven't been outside. New spots keep turning up, and I have been miserable! Thought about it and the spots started turning up with the arrival of cold weather..I have been using a blanket that is new.
So I am washing both blankets and the sheets as they came in contact with the blanket...we'll see if that helps..sure do hope so.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9333884

>> just for Phil's steaks...(not steaks made of Phil...just steaks that Phil cooks) needed to make that clear.

ROFL

Sorry to hear you are still itchy... is that still from the chiggars??
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9333890

Don't think so..I believe it may be the blanket I have been using with my other blanket...they are all being washed, so we'll see. I hope that is it, I have been taking Benadryl so I am sleeping a lot.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 15, 2012
10:16 AM

Post #9333895

Well Deb the deed is done! All frogs are rescued and what a slimey mess it was. I first walked 2 (seperately) down the hill and back(puff trudge trudge puff trudge). Ty went with as he thought we were going further. Decided to use a bucket for the rest. Caught them with luck and the net. This is the easiest year of frog catching yet! I should just about have it down pat. Next year will tell the truth. I just can't believe how well they hide in the pond sludge. One I saw air bubbles. Another I saw swimming.I saw the eyes of another. Several were just lucky dips. Then we went for our walk when all done!

Time to shower!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 15, 2012
12:10 PM

Post #9334005

Frog #1 "Come on Eddie, I know a quicker way to get up to the big pond...follow me."

Frog # 2 "Oh, that crazy lady...yeah, she will take us."

Frog #1 Yells back to the group of Frogs..."..follow me, we will get a ride" and they all jump in the little pond...and wait for "the bus".

It is the ONLY answer as there were no frogs before hand!!! The have your number.

Melva, Wonder if you have somehow gotten bed bugs on your blanket? They are quite common in homes now days, and they cause the itches like you said.

Definitely washing and putting in dryer will help! Has to drive you crazy.

Izzy is still sleeping. DH got out of work early as we have "the game" tonight. She didn't even meet him at the door...very odd. SO, I am showered and dressed as a Buffalo Bill's fan...complete with my little helmet earrings...and I am the #1 Miami fan! I have to do it for my protection. Those Bill's fans are NOT nice!

If you watch the game...I am on the 30 yard line...behind the Miami Bench...36 rows up. I am sure you will have no problem spotting me. (LOL)

Tam, how did the girls do at the Vet today? Between dentist and vets this week...we have an ongoing cycle here.

Won't be home to really late. Have the kids scheduled to come take Izzy out while we are gone. BUT I think she will just sleep anyway.

Waving to all.

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 15, 2012
2:14 PM

Post #9334092

Oh, Debbie, I am hoping that the meds will do the trick and Izzy won't have to be an "in patient" at the vet clinic.

Vicki, I am sure that Debbie was exergerating with the dialong with you and the frogs. I still think they got there some way, and would get to safety themselves!

Tammy sure hope that the kiddens had a good report at the vet today!

I had lunch with my friend today at a Chinese Buffet, and we got pretty well caught up on all the goings on in our lives. I took her some garlic to plant and then the excess to sell at her farmer's market booth. So will see how well it does, and maybe she will have a good market for it next year.

DS is here and we are broiling steaks for supper.

Back later.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9334119

I hope it is not bed bugs!!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 15, 2012
3:43 PM

Post #9334134

Debbie, I hope Izzy starts to feel better. Poor thing she probably doesn't even want to be around herself. Congrats to DS!!

BonnieB, your day sounds great. I didn't know you were in the garlic business.

Melva, new fabric usually has lots of chemicals in it. I never wear or use anything until I wash it. I hope the itchies go away.

Tammy, I hope the dentist went well. How are all the kitties? It sure was cold this morning.

Bonnie, I hope you have been able to get some rest. What happened with your watering and wilted plants?

Vicki, that doesn't seem right to work for someone else and then have to work on Thanksgiving. And I bet you have been there the longest.

Dianne, I hope all of your teeth are feeling better. I always thought that no more troubles after a root canal. One of my teeth cracked and it got infected and then pulled. PIA

Sandy, I hope your joints are feeling better. Those pictures you have been taking are just beautiful!

The guys at work submitted lists of food that they lost to their insurance companies and they are getting money - up to $500. I had no idea. I will have to check with my insurance company.

I woke up around 3 this morning and thought I had no power even though the alarm clock was on. then I couldn't figure out what day it was. I thought it was Saturday. They day just hasn't gone well. I called an idiot customer back and he asked what I wanted. I told him I was returning his call. Has no idea. He had been to the IWF and all I could think of was wrestling.

Then another customer is looking for the article about the wobbly chuck. Really? then I have to email the editor and ask about the wobbly chuck.

I got my new cell phone today. I hope I can activate it and get all of my stuff from one phone to the other. Actually I hope I can learn how to use it and like it.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2012
3:52 PM

Post #9334143

Debbie -- since it's on the NFL channel, we don't get Thurs Night Football.

Bet you're gone already... Have a blast!! I've never been to a Pro game... sort of prefer the warmth and comfort of my living room.

~~ forgot to say,,, Funny Frog story... couldn't ya just seeing something like that happen.

This message was edited Nov 15, 2012 6:52 PM

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 15, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9334231

Elsie - did you find out what he meant by IWF? I hope you get full recovery of everything you lost with Sandy. Don't have any experience to comment. How has Teddy been doing? Is he back in the office?

Debbie - how old is Izzy? I'm glad its not something she ate but gosh that does not sound!

Melva - why did you go to bed bugs? Do you see little spots on your sheets? It could be an allergy to cold too. My brother and I both had that issue growing up, he more so than me. Small little itchy bumps on the skin. I have a friend who has the problem too. Hopefully its just the blanket

Vicki - bummer about TG. Maybe it'll be a light day 'cause everyone will be home eating?

BonnieB - Truflles lost a few ounces (which is a good thing) and they both got a clean bill of health.

Terese - I need to get in my exercise too!

Well... this "eat to live" diet is working pretty well but I'm getting tired of all the raw greens. I've eaten 4lbs since Sat. Not quite hitting my pound a day but close. No salad dressing, no salt. I've tried balsamic vinegar as well as lime juice. I'm putting the tiniest amount of salad dressing (less than 1 tspn for a HUGE salad and its barely detectable but a little help. I'm enjoying the cooked veggies w/beans though.

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9334241

Debbie suggested bed bugs...

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 15, 2012
6:01 PM

Post #9334256

Oh - I guess I was reading too fast! I sure hope its not bed bugs but it doesn't sound likely.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 15, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9334297

Well, supper was good, DS cooked it and I cleaned the kitchen.

Melva, if the washing doesn't end the itchies, I don't know what to say. I guess you could be allergic to the fiber that the blanket is made of. That is the only other thing that I could think of that no body has mentioned. I loved your garbled sentence about the Phil's steaks. I followed it, but enjoyed hearing you try to bail out of the sentence.

Tammy, I do like green veggies, but gosh, I don't think I could eat that much a day. Even splitting it into several meals. I love a good salad. Tonight the salad and bread was my favorite things about the meal. Baked potato and garlic bread was also on the menu, Well, I am sure that losing a couple of pounds is not cause to worry, especially in an older sedate cat. Just a natural slow down of body metabolisms. Any more though and then I would start to worry.

Elsie, I raised garlic this year. Actually garlic is planted in the fall, and then grows all summer and is harvested in the fall of the second year, I kept enough for me to use, and gave the rest to my friend. She grows a garden and sells the produce at a farmer's market. Since she had never had garlic to sell, she said she would try it to see if the customers were interested in it, and may plant some herself from what I gave her.

Terese, guess who has access to the Thursday night football? Yep, told DH that I am buying me a bigger tv for the bedroom so that I can watch what I want in there. I do need to see if I can rearrange the room to accommodate a comfortable chair, as right now there is no comfortable place to sit and watch, except on the bed, and I don't like to do that.

Well, tomorrow we are picking up DGD from school so will need to leave here about 1:00 in order to get there by 3:00. Have to go by her house and pick up her suitcase and then on to the school. So that won't leave me much time to get anything done. Saturday I will be busy as I am cooking the turkey for our church Thanksgiving meal on Sunday.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9334479

Good morning

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 16, 2012
5:03 AM

Post #9334480

Good Morning back ya at...

sunny -- should be 50's for a while.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9334489

Same Temps here. Will run 50-63 here all week.

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 16, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9334493

wow -- that seems unseasonably chilly for this time of the year.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9334496

very!!! I have not gone outside yet!!!

S and A

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 16, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9334533

Good morning,

Dragging a bit, didn't get home til a bit after Midnight.

Be back after coffee possibly, DH is home.

Izzy is doing a bit better, slept all night, took meds and ate all her breakfast.

Tam, Izzy will be 7 years old on Dec. 4.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 16, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9334561

Dawson was only 9. Ty is 6. But I have worried about him all along. He is guarding the front of the house right now. The vacumn cleaner is really making him anxious now when I run it. He use to be okay with it! Plus I think he is more anxious when we are gone. But DH could be reinforcing that when he comes home. I kind of ignore him the first few minutes I get in the house. Plus he has Ty talking lots more for his food.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2012
7:18 AM

Post #9334564

Good morning.

I guess 7 for a Newfie is getting up there. Poor girl. It still seems like you got her just a couple years ago.

I had a very nice start to the day. Truffles cuddled up and just purred the whole time she was on my lap. Gary got me my coffee so we wouldn't have to disturb her. She was a little miffed though when he didn't bring down my office so I could continue to have her cozy and happy on my lap when it came time for work. (My late post today is 'cause I didn't want to disturb her by working on my laptop). Oh I want to be reincarnated as a cat in the home of one of my DG friends!

We have a huge pile out for the recyclers and garbage guys to pick up today. Feels good to get all that junk out of the attic.

I think I have a spa date with my friend from Norristown tomorrow. need to check - we got whacked by Sandy right about the time we were scheduling. A facial and then lunch. OK - I don't have a bad life this time around. But I still think the kitties have it better.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2012
7:50 AM

Post #9334579

Good morning. A little later, as DS and I went to the church early and cleaned and moved tables in the fellowship hall for the thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. Good to get it all out of the way.

DH and I are leaving in just a few to go pick up DGD but a stop by the casino, and lunch there. So gonna make a day of it.

It was really white with frost this morning, but the sun is out and it is warming up nicely.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 16, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9334593

Have a great day BonnieB. Nice here also with the sun melting the frost. Will be time for a walk soon! Half the house vacumned. Will be cleaning out a cubbard and doing some rearranging in it. Got more stuff to stuff in it!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2012
8:11 AM

Post #9334596

Tam thanks for reminding me about recycle. LOL

I am crocheting, right kind of weather. I will also try to get the shawls that I have already done mailed next month. No money left after home insurance payment.

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 16, 2012
8:22 AM

Post #9334605

Tam, glad you had breakfast with your assistant. I now have a new assistant as DD's kitten Darla is my shadow. Sleeping across my chest right now as I try to type. She is just the tiniest thing at 6 months.

I joined DG in July of 2005. I had just lost our cat Harley & dog Maggie on June 1st. I only had three cats then. Franky, Dexter & Daisy had just shown up the month before. Huck arrived in September...and he and Daisy are both 7 now also. THEN you all were so mean and kept telling me how much I needed a puppy.
Come January, 2006 when DD's friends dog had a litter of "Shih-tzu/collie" mixes for homes...I was ready. Time has flown.

Well, I have to go to grocery store, then back to clean before party and make that dang cake I hate making (strawberry pretzel dessert). Its just so messy!

Here is a picture from the game last night and military salute. We all had to hold up "cards" and each side spelled something different. Our side said "Thank you Veterans" and other side said "Thank you Military".

Although blurry...this is the line of military men carrying the rolled up flag back off the field afterwards.

OK, off and running to store.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy         

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2012
11:22 AM

Post #9334706

I had a little vinaigrette on my green salad and it was much better. So I'm gonna modify this diet a bit.

Debbie & Vicki - amazing how fast time flies! Truffles & Pixel are 4yrs old already. (I told DH they were 3 and he corrected me. OMG where did the time go!

We're contemplating a movie out. But the choice is Skyfall/Bond or Lincoln. Both are probably going to be swamped tonight so maybe Sun instead. (My group is going out to see Bond this afternoon. Gave me the idea)

Tam.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 16, 2012
11:26 AM

Post #9334710

Tam, exactly, I remember when you brought those little fluff balls home!

Back from a horrific grocery shopping experience. WHY did I take DH. I did get some great hugs from one of my "kids" i haven't seen in over a year.
Shanes friend JJ saw me several isles away and just yelled "MOM!" and came running. Really brought tears to my eyes.

Still cooking and cleaning

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #9334719

PLEASE someone send some SUN down here to the Sun(less)shine State!!!!
I have not seen the sun for 2 days.

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 16, 2012
12:19 PM

Post #9334752

We went "sun less" for over 10 days. I understand. Now we have sun...and 37 degrees!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 16, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9334779

53° and bright sun here

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9334788

55 and dark and damp. We will not see the sun until the middle of next week.

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2012
2:00 PM

Post #9334841

47 and the sun finally came out so it could set.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #9334862

I am going to kill a dog!!!!

Sandy and the DOG

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #9334956

Sandy - I really don't think he ate the sun. lol

I'm having beef for dinner. wow am I not following this diet. Still lots of veggies and probably 2oz of beef so probably not a big deal. :-)

Debbie - you've lived a good life to have those kind of things happen to you.

I have my not-so-little fluff ball back on my lap. Truffles. Purring up a storm too.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2012
3:41 PM

Post #9334959

I need a lap warmer--Truth be told I need a lot of them, this house really needs to have the air ducts replaced

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #9334986

Yesterday I came home after grocery shopping and it was dark. I looked up and thought gee that moon is large and very orange - it was so pretty. It was a large orange balloon at a car dealership.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2012
4:38 PM

Post #9335011

Loretta - but the moon really was large and orange just a few days ago. :-)

Sandy - will be packing up a few lap warmers for you in the morning. They require morning Fancy Feast, lots of lap time and 24/7 door service.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9335026

Tam I will look for them. Tell them there is a lot of birds and bugs for them to hunt but they need to be able to run fast to keep Andre from playing with them.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9335068

Good evening. Well it was a long day, and it seemed like we were in the car most of it. The thing of it is, I have driven fewer miles and gone out of state, but we drove and drove and was still in Ky. We did have lunch at the casino, and then played about an hour at the slots. DH won a progressive jackpot of $364, and a few odd cents, so he cashed out and was ready to go. I lost $40, and I was ready to go. Even with what I lost, and paying for lunch, he came out about $300 winner. Better than losing.

We picked up DGD and then came by a new Amish store in the county adjacent to ours. I love salt rising bread, and they had fresh baked bread there. All kinds, sour dough, wheat, white, rye. Oh, I know where I will shop when I need a good bread fix. That is my downfall.

Well, I had forgotten, but I have to be in class from 9-3 tomorrow. This is a requirement to keep my preaching license. So gonna put the turkey on tonight and let it cook, and it will be ready to take out in the morning. Otherwise, I wouldn't get it cooked. DS and DGD will be here tomorrow, so will depend on them to think of something to cook for supper tomorrow night.

Elsie, you were so searching for a bright object in the sky. Well, I don't think I have ever mistaken a balloon for a moon or sun!

Tammy, I guess you figured out that I typed pounds when I meant ounces. Yep, a couple of pounds would make a BIG difference. You sure do have a great lap warmer. Wonder what happened all of a sudden to make sitting in your lap such a good idea? Winter?

Debbie, I didn't actually see you last night, but the cameras did a pan of the Bills bench area, and I was hoping they would pan the area behind, but didn't while I was watching. Fortunately for DH and unfortunately for me, we pay that ridiculous price to have all sports from Direct TV. Bet he would complain if I had unlimited soaps, or cooking shows, or something like that!

Sandy, since all of us have to endure no sun for days at a time, I am sorry that you are having problems dealing with a couple of days without sunshine!

Terese, it got in the high 50's here today with sun, and it was pretty comfortable. I enjoy days like that, as I know there won't be very many more.

Vicki, Was Dawson your grand dog? Having trouble placing that pet. I am ashamed, but seems like I am slowing losing names of pets, glad that it isn't humans just yet.

Dianne,, hope all is well with you and Diesel, Quill, and the felines.

Melva, how is the itching? Hope the washing did wonders for the blanket.

Well, gonna start thinking about going to bed. I didn't have a nap today, and my eyelids are starting to want to close.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9335073

BonnieB it is not so much me as the darn dog. He wants to go out side and play and I have to be out there with him. At least in the house I do not notice how rotten it is out side. NO FUN sitting outside in this miss.

He has finely gone to sleep

A sad note--Rebecca 's Sammy has passed away.

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 16, 2012

Post #9335087

OH NO!!! Poor Bec & Sammy, what a loss for her right now.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9335108

WOW - Sammy was just a baby!

Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 16, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9335145

OH Heavens... how terribly sad.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 16, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9335149

Sandy -- I did a quick look around, even on Fb... What happened? I recall Sampson had issues before... Oh poor sweet boy. and my heart aches for Bec.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 16, 2012
8:35 PM

Post #9335170

Hi. Checking in with an update.

I am in Destin. Celebrated Claire's birthday last night with cake and ice cream and tonight with a fondue dinner at The Melting Pot.

Patti2 is all set to fly to Houston tomorrow and set out driving my boys in my car to LA. She will meet me here in Destin on Sunday. I will breathe a big sigh of relief when I see her and my two cats. Prayers please for Patti2 and my boys that they do not get away from her while in her care.

I have been sleeping night and day - cannot catch up. Will be so happy to get to the Shores on Monday.

Goodnight all.

Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 16, 2012
9:20 PM

Post #9335200

Sammy had pancreatitus very bad and came on suddenly...I think he was maybe 3 years old at the most. So very very sad.

Bonnie, stay safe...and safe travels for Patti2 and the boys. Rest all you can

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 17, 2012
3:59 AM

Post #9335257

Good Morning everyone

The huge dogs have a lot of heath issues, they do not live very long. I have a friend who loves Bull Mastiffs she lost a lot of them. She had to be very careful with them, 4 to 6 was the average age when she lost them but she was able to get a couple to live 10 years. She changed breeds as she could not bare to lose them

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 17, 2012
4:55 AM

Post #9335281

Good morning all, anxiously awaiting text from Patti2 saying she is on the plane. Then I will cancel my return fight to Houston scheduled for Monday morning,
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9335287

Bonnie, prayers for you, Patti and your boys. Won't they be happy to see you. Put something on tv about politics - that should put you right to sleep.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2012
5:25 AM

Post #9335293

Good morning, a really frosty one here. All dressed and ready to head out to the required school for today. DS and DGD will be manning the kitchen today. The turkey is cooked, but too hot to handle just yet. Told DS to take it out of the broth and into the fridge to get it cool. It looks and smells delish.

Back later.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 17, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9335309

Good Morning!

I don't think I could bear owning a dog (or any pet) with such a short lifetime. I believe Bec knew he wouldn't live long but clearly 3yrs is way too young. I hope her little Thor is still well and giving her some comfort.

Bonnie - great suggestion from Loretta. :-)

I gotta say I sure do enjoy kitties. When I was getting my coffee, Truffles jumped up on the counter (we have a small rug on it for the cats). As I turned around with the milk to pour in the coffee, she flipped over to get a belly rub. Almost fell off the counter. She caught herself in time and did the cute thing to be sure she got her scritches. lol

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 17, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9335365

Tam, don't you wish you could get those moves on video!

Be back...just got company.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 17, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9335380

Morning! Feel so bad for Bec. Was teary eyed when I read it over on FB. That is way to short especially for her right now. Wishing them all the best.

Debbie company already! to early for me!

BonnieB Dawson was just before Ty and he was my Soul Dog. When I was loosing him I don't think I was on Coffee yet or not very often and I probably didn't talk about him much there. We have always been lucky with our dogs but he was that special one for me.

Tam what a great move! Yes where is that video when you need it.

My BIL was taking my DS to work and came upon 2 bucks with their horns locked in the middle of the road. Hope they broke apart and got off the road. It was a city road but the damage if hit would still be terrible.

No walk today or for the next week plus. Just not right!

We got truck early and it is almost done already. Next week will be a breeze.

Bonnie so glad most everything is done. I bet you will be more rested then.

Dianne how are you? Still worried. Not seeing you anywhere lately. Hugs and hope you feel better soon. Give those puppies of yours a smooch for me and kisses for the kitties also!

Sandy that Andre is so entertaining! I will try to send you some sunshine when it is done drying up the frost we had. It was just white out there this morning.

Elsie did you stop for a drink on the way home? LOL

Better get going my to do list is getting smaller until I add to it.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 17, 2012
8:11 AM

Post #9335420

Vicki I remember when you lost Dawson, so very very sad. I think Janet930 and DebbieFluer. lost their beloved dog around the same time. I know the 3 of us were "browsing" adoption sites for some time and I remember you had Ty & his brother both out to visit and decide who would be the one.

Yes, visitor was the "neighbor" looking for DS for yard work again and needing DH to help move some items from Buffalo to here.

Then phone rang and "big brother" was on to chat a bit. Not Shoe, the other one. Needed to tell me his birthday is Friday (again). LOL Told him I already knew that but since he was going to be 60 his memory was probably shot and figured after all these years I had forgotten! He is a card for sure!

Just having breakfast, and then DH and I are heading out for errands.

Izzy seems better this morning but now needs a bath. I accidentally spilled a chocolate syrup all over her head and back! Cleaned it up with water and paper towels but didn't help much. She won't leave my side for anything...still not feeling good, but she seems better.

OK, off and running...
Waving and sending hugs to all who need it...and waiting to hear Patti2 and the boys landed safely!

Debbie
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9335534

You guys are very bad. It was a weather balloon I saw. It's about 8 feet tall.

That is a shame about Bec.

Debbie, why would you pour chocolate syrup on Izzy?

Here are a couple of pictures.
1 Chloe after the hurricane - I don't know anything about a neck pillow.

2 and 3 - neighbors houses with the tree trunks and roots. there are piles of cut up wood and branches all over the county.

Thumbnail by elsie   Thumbnail by elsie   Thumbnail by elsie      

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 17, 2012
10:10 AM

Post #9335539

Hey all - yes, still reeling from this, he had so many health issues & on so many medications, we just couldn't in good conscience make him suffer through yet another issue, his poor body could only take so much - so we had to do the only thing we could...unselfishly let him go, we could have tried more treatments I am sure, but not fair to him (or us), leaving him in an ER, alone, in pain and scared without us...we just couldn't do it - acute pancreatitis is so unbelievable painful and it was killing me/us seeing him in so much pain...he taught us patience, unconditional love and most of all loyalty. We know we'll meet at the Rainbow Bridge, where he's running with Izzy, Bailey, JB and Max - he was only here with us for a short time, but we needed him and he needed us and we know there is another dog out there who needs us and will find us when the time is right.

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 17, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9335542

Oh Bec! It took a lot of strength to do what was needed and then to post as you did. Sending hugs and strength.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 17, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9335565

{{{{{{{{{{{{BEC}}}}}}}}}}

We just get back went to the Farmers Market down in ST. Augustine and then drove down further to enjoy some sunshine. I spent way to much money but get a lot of good stuff. Get a neck and Back massage-have enjoyed a few hours with out pain-planing on going to see him at least once a month.
Get Muffins, cookies, 2 large gourds to make bird houses out of, some local bee pollen, lunch(Maryland crab cakes) popcorn and bread.

Sandy and Andre

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 17, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #9335644

Hi all! Finally could catch up with you! I'm almost done with gardening, just 2/3 of the veggie garden to dig and it's done. It's exausting, especially after work, but it has to be done.
I also trimmed back the roses and covered them with dirt for the winter, cleaned all the dry flowers from the garden and also managed to write another article. Yesterday we went to our old neighborhood to see Mom and have a haircut. Did some grocery shopping at the market and visited our friends too. Also Cici went to the dentist (it's definitely dentist time!LOL) where I met an old neighbor and had a nice chat with her. Got home worn out.

Becky, I'm so sad to hear about Samson! Poor guy, he was such a sweet doggie! My heart goes out to you...loved your words, made me cry.

Debbie, I'm so happy that Izzy is feeing better and DS has a new job! Cool pics from the game! Loved the short coversation of the frogs!LOL

Elsie, you're funny!LOL Chloe is a doll! Those are such big trees ! Are they the ones we saw before at your neighbors?

Vicki, what fun with those froggies! Cool picture too! What is it with our doggies being afraid of the vacuum?LOL

Tam, all is good, thanks for asking! Why are you on a diet? Have you gained so much weight?Sounds not so tasty and not enough for you. I hope you won't keep it for too long! My colleague from work keeps a diet based on meat and is adding a few veggies every week. No bread or sweets...yuck!LOL

BonnieB, have a great dinner! How big is the turkey?

Bonnie, Happy Belated Birthday for Claire! You're always making their BDs so special!

Dianne, I hope you're out of pain now. My doggies also had ticks so I put them another dose of spot on . My neighbor who has Fira, the large Romanian Shepherd, forgot to do it and she has babesiosis again...I'm very worried about her.

Melva, I hope the itching will stop after you washed the blanket. Have you seen chiggers somewhere in your house?

Sandy, massage sounds great! I hope you go back and do it again. Never heard of bird houses made from gourds. You must show us!

Time to go to bed. See you all tomorrow.

Adina

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 17, 2012
2:03 PM

Post #9335651

Adina I will if and when I ever find my cutting tool. LOL I am going to cut the openings for the Carolina Wrens who like a wide opening, not a round one.

Sandy and Andre
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 17, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9335652

Apparently the itching was not related to the blanket..still having new places pop up...Phil is wondering if it isn't fleas...he wants me to spray bug spray on my bed...I don't want to sleep with that spray. Wouldn't I see some fleas if there were that many? I use Advantage on Corky and I don't see any fleas on him. The itching is driving me mad. I haven't been outside and it has frozen so hopefully the chiggers won't be an issue until the spring.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9335687

Bec, I'm so sorry. (((HUGS)))

Melva, are they new bites? I wonder if you are having a reaction to the bites and they are itching more.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 17, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9335780

Bec - I am so sorry for your loss! It seems like you just got that little puppy Sammie. He grew into a lovely large family member and was obviously cherished.

Loretta - love that photo of Chloe. She is a doll.

Adina - I've put on about 5lbs travelling this year. Not a lot but its been worrying me that I haven't been able to lose it. So I read a book called "Eat to Live" The author is a doctor. He recommends stopping all processed foods & meats and dairy for 6wks and then adding back in a little meat and dairy. I've lost the 5lbs but am still at the top of the range I'd like to be so plan to continue a somewhat less restrictive version of his diet for a few more weeks.

Well the facial was nice. We had a good lunch. I picked up branches & sticks for a couple of hours but didn't really make a huge dent in what needs to be done. And then I made an indian dish I love called "saag paneer". It was a bit complicated but turned out really good. It has a lot of greens with fresh milk cheese (paneer - really easy to make as it turns out)

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 17, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9335797

There are new bites every day. I try not to scratch but its impossible not to..I wake myself up scratching.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2012
5:32 PM

Post #9335806

Melva, I think you need to wash all of your bedding and bedclothes in hot water and maybe spray your mattress with something. I hate to suggest it - could it be spider bites?

Tammy, so glad you had a nice time today. When we had no power I pulled the kitchen chair up to the sink. The sun was shining through the window and I thought I could get some sunbeams on the back of my neck and head. Apparently I am not allowed any sunbeams. Chloe got up on the counter and stood behind me and ended up blocking the sun. Yup - she's a doll.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

November 17, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9335826

I have washed all the bedding..I was concerned about the new blanket and since it had touched the other things I washed them all I haven't sprayed the mattress ...what should I spray it with? I need a new mattress and box spring..now might be the time to get it changed out.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9335827

Good evening. I finally got most everything done, had a shower and collapsed here at the computer. I am so tired that I will certainly have no trouble falling asleep tonight.

The training was good, and I was asked to critique 8 new lay speakers while they did their trial sermons. Oh, gee, they were good. One fella was so nervous that I doubt that he will ever accept any speaking engagements because I feel that he would get physically ill doing so.

Came home and sliced the turkey, mixed up the dressing, and cooked the ham. DH and I did go out to eat as I was just so tired, DGD was gone with one of her friends, and DS had plans. Only thing left to do is make some tea tomorrow morning.

Elsie, I am so glad you color coordinated the chair with Chloe's natural color. Her shed hair isn't noticible. Hehehe.

Tammy, aah, had I sat for a facial I would have been alseep in no time. glad that you enjoyed it.

Debbie, you have so many visitors and people in and out of your house. I don't know whether to applaud you or feel bad for you!

Adina, we are still having fleas and ticks here. DH noticed a tick on one of his hunting dogs and has had to put more flea meds on them. Mr B needs a bath, so will do that the first of the week, and give him some more meds for the pests.

Bec, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that our animals are a part of our families, and it is like losing one of them. It was a good while before I could have another dog after the death of my first JRT, but waiting only made Mr. B more special when he arrived. You will know when it is time to add to the family, and will probably just "happen" on the perfect one.

Vicki, I do remember your mentioning Dawson, but I think you were fairly new to the coffee and... thread. I am worrying about your having to work so many days in a row.

Melva, I am out of suggestions for your itching problems. When I think about things like that, I start to itch in sympathy.

Bonnie, sure hope that Patti got there okay and that the boys are settled in with you now.

Dianne, I am just saying that all is well with you, and you are just busy socializing with the neighbors, No, I will not worry, I will not worry, I will not worry.

Sandy, I bet you enjoyed that massage. I am thinking I need one, so may make an appointment for sometime next week.

Well, I probably won't check in tomorrow morning, as there will be lots to do. But will tell you about another delicious meal, tomorrow night when it is all over.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2012
6:34 PM

Post #9335861

Melva, I have no idea. Maybe Lysol? or alcohol?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9335873

Melva, I have had some luck putting vinegar on bites. May sting a bit, but it sure is cheap enough and worth a try. Just make sure that Phil knows that you have treated the itchies with vinegar, so if he dreams about pickles, you will be safe!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 17, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9335904

(((((Becky)))) such sad news. I am sorry for your loss.

I heard from Patti after she had been on the road 5 ½ hours. She asked if I thought the boys could make it the last 146 miles or if she should empty the bag of litter into the box it was sitting in at the rear of the car. YIKES!!!!! I advised her to fill the box with the litter. She said Swiper almost ran into her arm getting into the box. The poor boy must have been dying to go for hours. They should arrive at their destination within the next 30 minutes.

Loretta, love your sense of humor re: listening to a political discussion as a bedtime story. After all they all end up being fairy tales anyway.

I must say I will not be rushing back to a fondue restaurant anytime soon. I loved the first course, which was the cheese, but the entrée course was too much work and confusion and not enough flavor, IMO.

Yawning again. Thinking about going to bed. TTYL.

Bonnie

This message was edited Nov 17, 2012 9:48 PM

This message was edited Nov 17, 2012 9:49 PM

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 17, 2012
7:59 PM

Post #9335914

Woo Hoo! Patti and the boys are at their hotel for the night. Now I can exhale.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 17, 2012
8:38 PM

Post #9335933

fantastic news Bonnie.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 18, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #9336017

Time for a new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1288193/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America