Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

How Was Your Day #365

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Welcome, please join us for a Chat

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1286407

Thumbnail by wren107

Good morning everyone

So far other than gas Andre is no worse from his garbage diving yesterday

BonnieB Thank you The picture was taken at my uncles place late yesterday

Sandy and old sticky

Thumbnail by wren107
Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Good Morning Sandy. Beautiful photo!! Where is that?

I hope everyone is going to have a great weekend.

We are supposed to have nice weather this weekend. Maybe I will get to those leaves. I watched a press conference with our gov yesterday. He really doesn't mince words with some of the news people. I feel it is a good thing that the President calls our governor every day. Christie thinks the majority of NJ will have power by Monday. My heart goes out to all the people who lost just about everything.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Good Morning!

Thanks for the new thread Sandy. And for the gorgeous photos you post!

Loretta - good luck with the leaves. I'm off to a rock garden meeting. We plan to stop at Trader Joe's on the way home.

Have a good day everyone!
Tam

Thanks

That picture is on the St. Johns River South of home, and west of St Augustine. Same place I took the sunsets just looking north

Sandy and Andre

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Good morning, it is chilly outside, but that is not deterring the deer hunters. Today is opening day of deer season here, and it will not be safe to be any place close to our woods. Most hunters will come through the neighbors property to hunt our woods. This is the only way that they are allowed to hunt here. If they get on the property without us knowing it.

Off to town to pick up the license plate for the new vehicle, and to pick up a book case that I bought for the church.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

I've been hearing the hunters all morning.

Lyndonville, NY

Good morning,

I am really worried......something out in the yard. Not sure if I should call 911 or not....a mysterious YELLOW glow around the yard, no ice.....and the birds are chirping. Mr. Sun has made an appearance from very early this morning.....and supposed to get that thermometer up. Yay! I will miss it as this is probably the last "Harrah" for our Indian Summer.

Have coffee and nothing exciting so far.

Sandy, you do have a gift with that camera and your photos! They make my mornings much brighter seeing the scenes and sunsets/rises.

Tam, glad you are home safe.

Elsie, speaking of hunting...wait til you see the picture I took yesterday!!!

Tummy troubles still going on.....oatmeal for breakfast I think

Not sure what the day holds....but going to find out with coffee!

Have a good morning
Debbie

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Sandy -- I'll echo what the others have said.... Your photography is stunning. Love the sunset over the river.

WOW - just checked the weather... is supposed to be 67 and sun today. I'll believe it when i see it.... If so, I'll spend some quality time with the furkids in the yard. [Still do not trust Lucky alone, he will still climb the fence. Charlie I can leave be by himself... ]

Tam - I assume you are home safe, giving the kitties their quality time.

~~ waving to all others....

This message was edited Nov 10, 2012 2:05 PM

Thanks everyone

Sandy and Andre

Terese, it is supposed to be 72 here. I have been back from town, did put together a lasagna for tomorrow's dinner, made some home made roll dough (to make sweet rolls for church in the morning) and am now heading out to do some outside things, as I know this will probably be the last pretty day for awhile.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

was supposed to be nice today... we've had lots of thunder and rain.... go figure. Buddy is not happy.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

It was supposed to be sunny and warmer today. It's been chilly and cloudy. I hope it clears up tommorow. At least it isn't storming.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Pretty day here too! I've started digging in the garden and I'm beat...more digging tomorrow.
Sandy, thanks for starting a new thread. Great pics! Love the Garbage dog Andre!LOL

Lyndonville, NY

We never got our warm day either. I went outside for about 20 seconds and back in. I have been cleaning in the attic and found a box of pictures....."OH LOOK a bird" and that was about it!! I did get ride of four small bags of clothes!

Jeanna & Carrie.....and DH and I on one of our first dates horseback riding.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

I get y'all beautiful day!!

SORRY!!

Thumbnail by wren107
Lyndonville, NY

Oh Sandy, that is so so pretty! And SOOOOOOO not nice! lol

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Great pictures Debbie!! Where is the other picture you mentioned?

Sandy, I love that picture too!

Thanks

S and A

Lyndonville, NY

Oh Elsie! I forgot!!!

Just loaded them.

Was driving down Lake Ontario St. Parkway aka The Seaway Trail on way to Rochester. This is the route I go to stop and wave at Dianne across Lake Ontario.

Saw a movement....slowed, and the hit the brakes. This guy just looked at me...I grabbed the camera....and he/she continued hunting.

These pictures are .....the hunt...the pounce....the snack and looking at me!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

NICE!!! Great job

S and A

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Great pictures Debbie!! The last one - looks like she has been hanging around with a cat. hehe

Was watching the animal planet - the puppies. One family brought home a tiny goat - too funny around the little puppies.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Howdy!

Debbie - way cool photoshoot of the hunter! You were adorable in the long blond hair. Looks like a great date!

Loretta - I got a bag of organic limes & am thinking of trying the freezer thing. Are you still happy with how it worked for the lemon?

BonnieB - it sounds like you are feeling pretty good. I hope you got all you wanted accomplished today!

Terese - poor Bud-man! We didn't get the glorious day I'd hoped for but at least there was no T&L here.

I didn't do a lot today - went to the rock gardening meeting, bought groceries and ate my own weight in greens. OK - maybe not quite that many. lol

I read a book called "Eat to Live" while on my trip. Written by Dr Fuhrman. It has inspired me to get back to an diet of almost only plant-based foods. So I ate a couple huge salads w/balsamic vinegar, roasted brussel sprouts, roasted cauliflower with lime juice, an orange and an asian pear. For lunch & dinner. I'm stuffed (and not fit for civilized company, at least if its in close quarters. lol). I need to pare down 5lbs and would love to drop 10-15lbs.

Tam

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Tammy, it sounds like you are veggied out. I only used the frozen lemon once. I put it in soup and I was happy with it. I had to toss it with everything else in the freezer. I will have to pick another up. I used my fine plane to grate it.

Oh, it was a grand day here. Took Mr. B and Casper for an early ride today about 2:00. It was Casper's first truck ride. He is scared and timid in the vehicle, but was so happy to be someplace different that he could run and play. Took him to our local cemetery where DH is working, and there are moles making huge mounds and he looked like one of those lawn statutes that you see where only the rear of a dog is showing. Honest, he could do that really good. Then got in a burn area where DH has been burning some tree debris, and he was mostly black there for a good while this afternoon. He is so funny.

The weather was gorgeous. Enjoyed every minute of it, even if I didn't get much accomplished outside.

Sandy, you are bad!

Debbie, oh, wow, you really have changed. Why didn't you tell me you rode when you were here, we could have gone for a ride!

Elsie, I guess you did have to toss everything from your freezer. What a loss.

I have some roll dough in the fridge, and will pull it out early in the morning, and make sweet rolls to take to church. Yum, they are really good too!

Lyndonville, NY

BonnieB, can you believe I was 28 in that picture and maybe 120 lbs! Yes, I was very tiny until I had my "the child" and then DS at age 33 and couldn't loose the weight. Gained over 100 lbs in less than a year and doctors said something with metabolism and thyroid just went haywire. I would never get on a poor horse this size....just couldn't do it to the animal, but love them dearly.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy Sunday Ladies...

warmish morning [well, warm for Nov] 50's and very breezy.... more rain on the way then temps crash for tomorrow, only 30's
today should be mid-60's

Not sure what the day holds... Bears play tonight ... but I'll probably watch all the afternoon games anyways.

2nd cup of coffee down already -- may need to make another pot.

Good morning, the sweet rolls are made and rising, and have some apple dumplings in the oven. They are for lunch.

Casper and one of DH's hunting dogs have done it again. Tore all the wiring out from under our car. DH is just getting up, so there will be an explosion here in just a bit.

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107
Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I hear thunder oh no it is BonnieB's DH. Ducking for cover! Did you hide the guns? Poor dogs.

Work has been crazy. Friday was horrendous! Really! First the manager had to babysit her DGK's. Then the clerk was trying to unload the truck. I was running the cashregister. Which crashed. We had just gotten a email on how to fix it. But first I tryied rebooting. Had customers walking out. REal fun. Reboot didn;t work. Tried their fix and that didn't work. Went back and got the other girl to get on the other register. She took over and also tried to get mine going. I went and was unloading truck. She called me up as she needed the key. I went back to truck. She called me up again and her register had crashed. Mine was still down. TRied to reboot both of them again. Her's froze and mine came back. Again customers leaving. She went to unload truck. While she was doing that I tried her's again. It came back. Then it was time for dog food and she said she couldn't do that herself. So back I went. This driver was sending things down so fast. The other girl had come in and she was standing at the curve in the rollers catching the loads so they didn't fly off! Talk about dumb driver. He even said he doesn't take orders or anything from anybody. That's why he drives for himself.

Yesterday I was just plum wore out from the stress and the work. Hope today is better.

Deb wonderful pictures from the past. Memories can be so fun.

BonnieB can you set aside a roll or 2 for me please! I need to make some one of these days. But I make the carmel ones.

Elsie I was watching AP also only the cat chow where the guy comes in and retrains your cat.

Better get going. Have possible company coming and have a ton to do. Then it will be off to work.

Thumbnail by ves522 Thumbnail by ves522 Thumbnail by ves522 Thumbnail by ves522 Thumbnail by ves522
Lyndonville, NY

Good morning,

OH BonnieB, those are the first dogs I have EVER heard of to do that under a car. Talk about being in the dog house!! Hope it isn't as bad as it looks. Casper, you better pack your bags and get up here to Aunt Debbies. Mr. B can vouch for me.

Vicki, love the pictures. Sorry work as have soo bad. I have to ask.....when is frog transport day? Getting some icy mornings now and going to start freezing soon. Have to have the camera ready for that too! I can barely wait!! (ducking and running)

Woke up sneezing and still having some stomach issues. Think I am going to need to go to a GI doc and not wanting this at all. Sigh.

Off to the coffee pot. DH is watching political show and I can't handle that bickering.....its 53 so Izzy and I are going out for a bit!

Waving good morning to everyone....be back soon
Debbie

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Deb no frog transporting this year. They seem to of left on their own. Brats! I actually kind of enjoy doing it. So miss it this year.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Good Morning!

Oh Vicki - that sounds like just a horrible day at work! I bet you were happy to be home after all that stress. What an idiot on the truck too. wow! Just keep looking at those beautiful scenes where you live. Those photos are wonderful. I sure am enjoying all the photo's here!

BonnieB - yikes! I think I am feeling the earth shaking from the explosion over the car from here. It sounds like those dogs need something to keep them entertained while they are outside near the car. Enjoy your day - you've painted a lovely picture of the smells in your kitchen so maybe that will calm him down a bit.

Debbie - enjoy the walk with Izzy. I can't imagine watching political shows at this point.

Terese - I hope you find something really fun for today.

~~~ to everyone else!

I lost 3lbs in one day! I know its not fat but it feels nice to see such a quick result. Tonight we have a potluck at friends so I won't be able to stay on it 100% but I plan to focus on the veggies & fruit as much as possible. I'm bringing an apple crisp, which is next on my agenda today. Then heading outdoors to pick up after Sandy. And not the sweet Sandy living down south. She's never trashed my place. :-)

Tam

Tam LOL But I am about to trash this one!!! Or is that de-trash??

Sandy and The trasher

Lyndonville, NY

What, no frogs? I think you better look again...major disappointment!!

Tam, sure wish I could eat the veggies like that...I just love them but they don't love me!

Sandy, you and I are on the same page. I need to detrash for sure. Told dh it was "moving day" as we are moving furniture and cleaning.

I was SO embarrassed yesterday. Someone stopped by (DH & DS mow his moms yard) and he wanted to come in. Well, the smell was so overwhelming
from the cats...he had to leave!! They are destroying this house and we can't find all the damage. Last night I caught Axl peeing on the evening paper!!!
Shannons cats go to the vet tomorrow for shots and getting all that spay started. she MIGHT be in an apartment by December...but not holding my breath.

OK, off and running...at a slow pace.

Sorry folks, I think I can put up with the destroyer dogs rather than the smelly cats. I know that it is just a behavior thing with both you and Tam, but no knowing where they have gone, and then starting to smell it after a few days. Yuk. Maybe you all need to become stock holders in Fabreeze air freshners. Love their commercials where the blindfolded people discover that they are in a horrible place, after describing it as clean, etc.

Vicki I guess I missed the frog moving last year. What did you do with them? Oh horrors on your work day yesterday. That truck driver sounds like he needs some instruction from corporate offices about how he is to conduct himself. Tell the manager when the registers crash like that, you are going to tell the customers to be on the honor system and you will take what they think the merchandise is worth. Hehe. May light some fires to get things fixed.

The sweet rolls were great. Didn't bring a one home from church. The lasagna was the best one I have made in a good while.

Dinner is finished and I am heading outside to do a couple of chores, then possibly a nap. Our temps are still in the high 60's but have a wicked wind blowing, so I am sure that will change before the day is over.

Casper is probably chasing either a mouse, rat or chippie from the garage and it goes up under the car. He is not a destructive dog, so I don't think it is intentional, he is just determined to get his prey!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

BonnieB -- do you ever share your recipes? I have to say... I also make a great lasagna. I do not make home made sauce though.

Terese, sure, what do you need?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh -- lasagna. ;-)

I dont do "rolls", as i'd ROLL out the door.

I like to experiment with others recipes.

and i LOVE lasagna.

Terese, it is easy, or so I think. How about sometime tomorrow I dmail you the recipe I use. Mine came out perfectly this time. Sometimes it is a little runny, other times a little dry, but this time it was just right, and I cut and served it, and it looked like what you would order in a restaurant. I served a green salad and garlic bread with it. The good thing about this recipe, if there is any left I can freeze it, and it is just as good thawed and reheated.

I am a cook who really doesn't use a recipe. Now when I bake that is the only time that I follow a recipe precisely. My DM who taught me to cook was a pinch of this and a shake of something else, a dab, etc. My DGD wanted my recipe for gravy, and I told her that I didn't have a recipe that she just needed to come to the kitchen and watch what I do when I cook certain things. She is becoming a good cook, and is doing it my way. Since her DM isn't home until about 6:30, often times she will start cooking supper, and when she was first doing this, would call me with lots of questions. I didn't mind, and still don't, but as she gets experience I am finding that her calls are less and less. Even her mother has told me that she is getting really good. This is my exDIL and when she was married to my DS, she wasn't much of a cook, so the DGD may end up being a better cook than her DM.

Tammy, DH wasn't as mad as I thought he would be. It was almost like he expected it, since it had happened before. And the fact that I saw with my own eyes one of his beagles under the car with Casper. He did call the guy who fixed it before and we are taking it to him tomorrow for him to work on it.

DH will have to either close the garage doors, put out traps, or poison, get some cats from the humane society and take care of the varmit population. That is what Casper is after, as he is not a destructive dog. DH said when I first told him about the damage to the car that we would have to find Casper another home, yada yada. I told him that he came from an abusive situation, and was just now getting used to his new home, and becoming very familiar with us, and I WAS NOT giving him away. Now if we have to temporarily keep him in the enclosed kennel, get him some training, put in an underground fence or whatever else might help I would agree to anything temporary, but not giving him away.

Elsie, so are you supposed to report for work this week? Would be nice to have heat and working phones, etc too.

Debbie, I don't know what to tell you about the cats and their behavior. I am suspecting that it is because of the DD's cats coming to live there. Do you have a basement where you could maybe separate yours from her's and therefore reduce the stress? I don't know, and I have only had one house cat, so not a very good person to get advice from.

Bonnie would be nice to hear from you and how everything is going with you.

Dianne, here is hoping that you are feeling better and that you are just busy getting things ready for winter.

Sandy, I will only say one word MUZZLE!

Off to read a bit then to bed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.