Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Fruit: citrus leaf damage

Communities > Forums > Beginner Fruit
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FruitReplies: 1, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bloomer1
Franklin, LA

November 11, 2012
12:24 AM

Post #9330074

I have a problem with the young leaves on my lemon and orange trees curling up, however, before they curl up I can see what looks like a silvery trail on the tops of the leaves. Sort of looks like what a snail might leave behind when it moves across a glass surface. It is a random squiggly trail all over the top of the leaf. At first I did find some mealy bugs on the leaves and black and gray eggs on the underside of the leaves. However, the young leaves are being attacked almost as soon as they bud out. What is my problem?...A nearby nursery has the same problem and they don't know what is going on either.
birke
Broward County, FL
(Zone 10b)

November 12, 2012
3:57 PM

Post #9331487

Leafminer. At the end of the trail is the larvae, very tiny, if not hatched already.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Fruit Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blackberries, blueberries and strawberries... RyanandRachel 15 Mar 9, 2007 9:11 PM
Cuttings from Old Apple Tree wildgardengirl 4 Mar 16, 2007 4:08 PM
Strawberries HighCntryGrdnr 18 Sep 4, 2012 6:23 PM
wondering about the fig trees sslopoke 4 Apr 14, 2007 12:26 AM
Queen Ann Cherry Trees lafko06 1 Apr 16, 2007 2:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America