Photo by Melody

Article: Why do trees reject their leaves in the autumn?: Marvelous!

Communities > Forums > Article: Why do trees reject their leaves in the autumn?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Why do trees reject their leaves in the autumn?Replies: 1, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
abbeyrooney
Lubbock, TX

November 12, 2012
4:00 AM

Post #9330837

Thank you for an interesting, well-written story about "Fall"-ing leaves. And welcome to Texas. (I'm an import also.) In spite of the heat and drought we're currently enduring, Texas weather does have its advantages, like warm, sunny winter days (if you live in Lubbock), and a climate which will allow a garden in which something blooms every month of the year (unlike Minnesota ((where I once lived)), and Massachusetts ((which I greatly appreciate))). And thanks for the reminder that fallen leaves do serve a purpose, if one can learn to appreciate their "purpose", and not think of them as only a nuisance.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 12, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9330991

I used to write an article every fall about being cold. No more. I love the weather now, it's just the 113* that was difficult. Thanks for your kind comment!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Why do trees reject their leaves in the autumn? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
leaf mania reil 1 Nov 12, 2012 10:15 AM
Yay! Finally!.......and a question, too. SoooSirius 4 Nov 12, 2012 3:44 PM
leaves. odingod 1 Nov 12, 2012 12:27 PM
A different idea. KnuttNHoney 1 Nov 13, 2012 9:57 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America