Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: My patio farm diary, the back forty square feet: Mini vegetables

Communities > Forums > Article: My patio farm diary, the back forty square feet
bookmark
Forum: Article: My patio farm diary, the back forty square feetReplies: 0, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ElementalDomain
Landers, CA

November 12, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9331002

There are a lot of what they call "mini's". Some hybrid, some heirloom. You can literally grow most everything (sometimes only a few in a category) not only in a container, but inside, during the winter. And of course outside during the summer. There is a product on the market called "My Lazy Gardener". If you desire to grow a warm loving veggie, you can put this product in your container and it will keep the soil warm AND water it. Basically care-free and fairly cheap. If you would like a list of the available mini's - contact me. There are also heirloom tomatoes which have been bred down to anywhere between 3-5 feet. It is called the "Tomato Dwarf Project". Most of them are available at Victory Seeds online

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: My patio farm diary, the back forty square feet Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
inspirational Dutchlady1 6 Nov 9, 2008 10:54 AM
love the sugary! onewish1 4 Nov 10, 2008 10:01 PM
Nice phicks 1 Nov 9, 2008 11:02 AM
great article, gram vossner 1 Nov 9, 2008 11:01 AM
Wonderful article Aunt_A 1 Nov 9, 2008 10:57 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America