Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

NOVEMBER What are you working on Part 2?

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

We came from here. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1286483/#new

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm first!! yaaaaaaaaaaaay
Betty - I KNOW what you meant, but I chose to agree with your "unedited" comment, cuz Everything you do is "top of the line"!!! :-)

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I'll post this in the proper area too but thought I'd put it here too.

Does anyone have a use for muslin scraps? There are about 30 pieces, 25" to 36" long the width varies but the least is 14".

I just finished cutting out the inner bags for bean bag chairs for most of the kids. I always keep a bit of muslin on hand but I know I'll never use this much.

I could always use muslin scraps........
btw - I went to the "want/have something" thread, and it brought me to the "edit post" screen

I fixed it Susan. Okie Dokie if you want them I'll send them on to you. I'll have polar fleece scraps too as soon as I get the outer bean bags cut out if you can use them. I can let you know later on the sizes but they are all kids prints.

kewl on the kids' polar fleece! I can make more quilt blankies for the church "cry room" at the back of our sanctuary! I made 2 before, but didn't have much in the way of kiddie prints.

I won't know for a couple days just what sizes I will have in the polar fleece until I get them cut out. I don't know if I can cut tomorrow. I cut 10 bag liners of the muslin today and my hands are really angry with me.

oh oh oh...... don't want to overdo, Karen! Use some aloe vera type of hand cream...... make your hands feel better, I'm sure.
I always soak them for a few minutes in warm'ish water so get them more receptive, then use the hand cream..........
It doesn't matter about the sizes of the polar fleece - I cut them into 4" squares (approx) and just join them all together. I have some polar fleece I found in my "stash" yesterday. They have all kinds of tonal values, some dark some light, and I'll just put them all together.
btw - I used to think I couldn't sew polar fleece on my machine cuz it would "fuzz up" the machine and stop it working. I've been told on one of the DG threads that this isn't so... that I should be able to sew it on the machine (good thing, cuz hand sewing took forever!).

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Momma's quilt is sitting at her post office, waiting for pick up....I sure hope she goes to check her mail tomorrow...if you look really hard you can see the quilted flowers

Thumbnail by barefootT Thumbnail by barefootT

this is the quilt design I am doing with the strips from the strip swap. I did black and whites, red, pinks

Thumbnail by barefootT

got my little sunflower hanging up, to go with plate Momma made....look at the cute little cup I found at the habitat store ^_^

Thumbnail by barefootT
Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Love Momma's quilt!! that black background with those colors.... wow. Those are the similar colors I was going to use on the tumbling block for my niece, but decided to make one for me instead. Her red, blue and yellow quilt suited her much better, I think.
Thunder, you're really going at it! I'm still plugging along on this baby quilt..LOL

Such a beautiful quilt for your momma, Thunder! I'm a fan of black contrast, too!

well I don't know as if Momma's quilt counts as plugging along....it took about 8 years to do it!!! she showed me a picture one day and said could I make this?? I could not find a pattern, so I made up my own.... I did all of the quilting by hand, worked on it here and there....took about two hours to quilt one large flower, there were large and smaller ones....to many to count....
she just moved, and I wanted to get it to her for use in her new home. My sister said it is a lovely shade of blue, and she thinks the quilt will look really good in there.
her birthday is next week, we are buying her new jammies, (silk from llbean) , and giving her a gift card to get new sheets...those things you need, but hate to spend the money on!!! me, two of my sisters, and my Waylon....are chipping in.
my hubs bought her a bunch of marbles, I made a bag for them....they have a joke between the two of them about losing your marbles...ya know like in peter pan??
she usually goes out on Tuesdays, so thought for sure I would get phone call today...I know the box is at her PO.

Oh, so what I thought was black, was actually navy blue?
It's really gorgeous, and shows a lot of love in those quilted flowers.
I remember the quote in Peter Pan, about Toodles losing his marbles LOL

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

WOW some great work going on & Thunder the cup was good find!

So pretty Thunder, bet your momma is going to love it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thunder your mom will just love it..it's the inside family jokes that bring families together..you've worked hard a creating the perfect birthday gift for her.

Finished the piece I started yesterday, Missy has decided it should be hers..guess I will go back into scrap bag and make her one lol

If you hear me say I'm using up leftover fabric to make a top..stop me right there..tell me I must quilt all the ones I have before starting something new..please/please...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Betty - well you could bring the tops to FL, leave them with me to quilt this winter, then pick them all back up in the Spring!!!!!

Thunder - your Mom is going to love that quilt.

Still raining here so I guess I'll be "forced" to hang out in the Studio & sew all day!!!!

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Betty, these FL ladies are really giving you an easy path.....LOL

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I am at a lose for words about your mom's quilt Thunder. Such love, such beauty for a special lady in your life.

Betty, I get startled every time you mention "Missy" loving something. That is what all my Canadian family calls me so I keep thinking did I say/do that........no wait! It is the cat. LOL

Jean please send us some of that rain...it is so dry here.

Victoria Harbour, ON

They sure are..omg what generosity, it has no bounds, they just keep giving/giving.

I'm sure if I get at it they will all be done before Christmas..don't really need as many as I have so the last of them can wait until my return..

You didn't slap my fingers girl, thought ok I would cut squares for Suzanne's 2 rag quilts today, that would keep me out of mischief and what did I do, saw the pattern 'Take Four' placemats..thought now wouldn't they make a nice easy gift so in my bag is fabric/batting and lining..let's hope they stay in the bag.

Victoria Harbour, ON

LOL..will have to call you Missy then

I most likely would answer. My late birthday started that when I was very, very young and it just stuck. In fact, a great niece hear someone call me "Marion" and asked "who is that?". Ross never, ever called me by my given name unless he was upset.....then I knew to "shape up fast".

Marion - maybe this rain will stay intact across the state. Sure is a large orange/red blob approaching from the Atlantic.

Guess I need to check the forecast as we certainly could use some now. My water bill is going to outrageous.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy Marion, think in October we had something like 22 days with rain. Never did get all the raking done then this weekend I'm off again so come on snow, at least if it hides it I won't keep fretting that it's not done.

Well, 10:00 a.m. and got the blocks cut..knew I should have brought in the accuquilt/rag'ing die..still got all day ahead of me.

Not colors I would have chosen but then I'm not the grandma with a little girl aged 5

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Not quite the entire day..shoulders are so pain'ing that if I move around a bit I'll get through the day..cut enough fabric that I'm hoping to make 2 sets of 6 placemats..cutting was easy now lets see..they are all done with same fabric but differently

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Karen - on the home page today I noticed that there is a new member to DG from Travers City MI.!!!! Name is flagrider......

Victoria Harbour, ON

Saw that as well, wondered if it was someone Karen knew..

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

along with Bella's quilt, I've also been finishing these: pot mats, and crocheted dish cloths from cotton yarn. I actually played around on the mat for FMQ, so I'm keeping this one!
The crochet pattern is 1 triple, 1 sc repeating across. Really worked my arthrititic joints... had to take a break every so many rows! But it makes a nubby texture that are wonderful for doing dishes!

Thumbnail by Kizmo Thumbnail by Kizmo Thumbnail by Kizmo Thumbnail by Kizmo Thumbnail by Kizmo

oh Karen - won't that be nice, to meet a member on DG in same city?!?!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

O Thunder, that quilt for your Mom. Just fantastic on so many levels.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

OK....so all three of those posted at once. Love the crochet.

Victoria Harbour, ON

wow, can't you just tell we are getting in the Christmas spirit, we're all working overtime..absolutely lovely..bet you make hand made items every year and family are looking forward to seeing what treasures you will give

My kids about October always ask 'what new craft did you learn this year mom?' know that whatever new project is that is what they will get lol

I am doing those placemats and for the amount of time I'll be putting into them (least amount of work) that's what I should have done for everyone..that and Barb's tree skirts..

Was the person from Traverse City in the sewing forums?

Love all the things your making Kiz. I have a pattern for a really nice thick crocheted pot holder easy and quick to make too. I have a lot of the dish cloths too love them.

Victoria Harbour, ON

think she/he was listed as a 'new membership'

I just won an eBay auction for a ceramic Christmas Tree. After seeing the one yesterday, and losing it in that auction, I did some checking on-line this AM. New ones are going for $100+. Decided to check eBay and there was one with 45 min left and in my price range. I waited till 1 min before the end and snuck my winning bid in. It will be perfect on the foyer table!!!!!

Got my estimate for the kitchen cupboard doors, counter top, etc. A bit more than I was hoping to pay. Need to sleep on it for a nite or 2. Would be nice to have a pretty kitchen for Christmas........................

Good for you, Jean!! What was the winning bid?

aaaaah a "pretty kitchen" Would be nice, wouldn't it?

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I've been playing with the presents today. Not complete but getting close!!! Making two!

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.