Never Ending Swap Goes On

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I finally found the thread and it was pretty long, so started a new one

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1152083/

This message was edited Nov 13, 2012 7:21 PM

Well Phooey! I got the title all wrong.

Anyhow I have approx. 30 pieces of muslin 25" to 36" long, and at least 14" wide at the narrowest part.

I just finished cutting the inner bags for bean bags chairs for the grands and this is scrap. If any one can use it, I'll be glad to send it, sure hate to throw it away but my storage space is very limited.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I can always find a use for muslin.

Cool, Susan asked too so I will split it between you if that's ok.

I will also have some polar fleece in kid prints in a day or two, Not sure yet just what sizes it will be though.

Fine with me.............................I believe in sharing.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread Karen!

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Jean - you can have the muslin - it's awfully expensive to ship to Canada, doncha know?!?! lol
Thanks for the thought, Karen - please send to Jean :-)

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the new thread!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I have a piece of fabric I will not being using so if any one would like it let me know, please. It is approximately 1/2 yd. plus or minus...need to check.

TAKEN........

This message was edited Nov 14, 2012 10:56 AM

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Reminds me I have some veggie prints also if anyone needs them.

Jean I'll get that muslin out to you in the next day or two.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

those are just too cute! if no one else jumps in, I'll take it.

No one has mentioned wanting them so they will go to you Kathy.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

.... guess I should have added: I can swap for something if you have a particular project you're working on. Didn't mean to just take it and run! LOL

I will file that for later. I am fine, just cleaning out what I know I won't be using.

Darn, you all are too quick for me!!!! Kathy, if you need some coordinating fruit & veg prints, I have been collecting those to do a canning jar quilt. I'll have plenty left after my project. I think I finally have enough to make a great top & found the border fabric last trip to PA. I have the "fruit ladies" for the backing.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

I can share, Jean! I filed away a pattern for one of those canning jar quilts too, thought it would be a cute kitchen addition. I'm sure there are repeats on that 1/2 yard. The other thing I have on my Wish List is the State Flower fabrics, so pretty! Keepsake sells for 11.20 yd, fabric.com sells for 8.98 yd, a Fabri-Quilt line. I remember the embroidery transfers that my Aunt had, a complete 50 state pattern. Combine that with the florals someway, sounds neat!

Thumbnail by Kizmo Thumbnail by Kizmo
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Oh Kathy!!! Those are to die for beatiful!!!!

Kathy - the piece is yours!!!! I'm not sure how I'd incorporate it into what I'm going & think it might clash with the border fabric I found.
I peeked at a jar pattern yesterday. The large jar body is a 5 1/2 X 9 1/2 rectangle to start with. That was about what I had guesstimated. The pattern I saw was different as it had some jars on their sides with the lids off.

But, this will wait till after the holidays.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

ok, just thought I'd offer! Those canning jar quilts are really cute as you can make them into anything that you would store in jars..... veggies, fruits, buttons, marbles, etc. Even the snowglobe size would be cute!

The individual squares in the seed packet fabric are about 5". There are definitely repeats in the piece that is left so ....

Kathy, I will get it in the mail ASAP. Dealing with Kim coming home sick..not complaining as this is the first one this year. Does put traveling in jeopardy as we don't want to take any germs near mom. Well, I will clarify that....no new germs.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

that's fine, Marion. I'll be gone for a few weeks anyway, so won't be able to get started on anything yet. Hope Kim feels better, we're having sinusitis around here too, mainly change of weather. Maybe Mom's trip back home will perk her up a little! Something new for her to thing about...

Karen - got the muslin today. Thanks so much. Now I have no excuse for not making some pieced stockings.

Victoria Harbour, ON

dropping in with a Happy Thanksgiving everyone...know I'm thankful for all my USA garden/sewing friends

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Happy Thanksgiving from New Hampshire too!!!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Evening ladies!

I am looking for a piece of gold 49er material . . . about 12" square would be great . . . here is a link to a shop on ebay that shows the material I am talking about . . . http://www.ebay.com/itm/NFL-FOOTBALL-SAN-FRANCISCO-49ERS-US-HANDMADE-WOMAN-WALLET-COTTON-FABRIC-BIEGE-/181015414402?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a255c0682

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry Nichole, I don't have any of that fabric!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I can't find any online, so I thought I'd ask here . . . thanks for checking, LK!

None here either but will keep my eyes open.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

none here either...sorry

Do you have a Hobby Lobby or Hancock's? They usually have the team sport fabrics. I'll look arounf up here in MA & see if I can spot any.

Well I've always said you could find anything on Ebay, but this time I'm stumped. What I need might be there but after going through 45 of over 800 pages...

Any how, DGD Jessica collects and loves Eeyores, has since she was little. This one is fairly old probably more than 10 years. It got a bit puppy loved and needs a fix. I thought I could get another one and use it to patch this one..but no go.

His color is more what I call colonial colors so they are not as bright as they look here. If any one has a bit of chenille, (searching under chenille got three none of which were actually chenille) I would need a piece about 4"x 5". If the blue isn't an exact match, well it's better than a hole.

Thumbnail by siliolegma Thumbnail by siliolegma

Wish I could help Karen but I have nothing at all like that. He is cute though!!!!

I could use just a 4"x5" piece of chenille if the color was close, getting to the point where I think that's the best I will find.

Could you perhaps make him a cape? Then tack it to the back of his head?

I only have some white chenille. If you could dye it, then I would be thrilled to send you some.

He is adorable...Kim saves Tiggers...or did. Humm, need to ask where her collection is now.

I have seen a few with sweaters on I could maybe do that.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Make the chenille Karen..go in search of the exact color of cotton..remember those panels I bought in Frankenmuth and did them into a chenille piece

I thought of that but Eeyore us a yarn or cotton string chenille. I have though if I can find the right fabric and yarn I could make it by hand.
A friend in CA has tons of Eeyore stuff and is looking to see if she has one. Seems a shame to destroy one to fix another but DGD is very attached to this one.

How about making the chenille out of flannel? It would fluff up quite a bit and keeps his stuffings in.
Lt blue minky????

Good ideas too. There is no rush I can keep looking. Maybe I'll even find an old bedspread.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images