Monarch Butterfly

Staten Island, NY(Zone 7b)

Saw one a few minutes ago! Should one still be in 7b area? Maybe they are still migrating? Thanks! :)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

What state are you in?

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Here is some migration info for you...route map and migratory dates

http://monarch-butterfly.info/Maps.html

http://www.monarchwatch.org/tagmig/peak.html

Hi flowAjen! I live in Staten Island, NY.

Hi themoonhowl! Thank you for the link. Ill check the link tonight. Digging worms for n first wormbox!! Yay me!!! :)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Def weird you saw a monarch in SI
How did you do with the hurricane?
The wormbox for inside? I thought you needed to use a "special" type of worm for those?

Howdy flowAjen!
Wish I had gotten a picture, but the little fella did not stay long. Check out the links that themoonhowl put up. :)
I was fine. I believed it would be bad because the cold came on quicker than recent years. Also the leaves were changing much earlier too.
It's Vermicomposting. You can find the ones needed in the yard, which I did. I'm pretty sure! But I am going to put up a couple of pics tomorrow to be sure.
Earthworms are very light skinned and do well in dirt. The other are Redworms, for their dark burnished red color. They are the ones kept inside. There's info in here somewhere about Vermicomposting. I read about this some time back, but got to it after joining up here! :)

Hi. Glad you found the links helpful. We are still seeing a few monarchs around here....warmer here so the stragglers hang around a little longer.

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Some of our Western Monarchs like to stay in Pacific Grove (Next to Monterey, CA). We were there a couple of weeks and they had already taken up residency.

Thumbnail by PotEmUp Thumbnail by PotEmUp
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My son would LOVE to see that

What a cool pic....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.