Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Single, very large seed in rose hip

West Babylon, NY(Zone 7a)

I harvested what little of my own hybrid rose hips I had. On average each contains 3-5 small rose seeds, however I peeled away one hip and inside was one huge seed, it was the size of the rose hip itself just missing the skin! About 3x as large as a normal seed. Does this mean its going to be a huge plant, its a hybrid I created on my own.

Richmond, TX

Interesting! But I have no clue...

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

I dont' know the answer to your question. But I just filled out a survey for a professor at Texas A&M who is researching hybridization of roses (link sent out by the ARS). He referred to the Rose Hybridizer Association. I saw you question and looked them up thinking they might help you. It turns out they have a forum: http://www.rosehybridizers.org/index.html

You might try logging on and asking there. I would be very interested in finding out what they tell you. I always try to learn something new everyday. And your's may be the something new I get to learn today ☺!

West Babylon, NY(Zone 7a)

I'll have to check that out!

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

I will be interested in what kind of rose this will be if you get it to grow. Keep us informed. Luciee {;^))

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.