Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Container Gardening: Hello.. My gardening blogpost on C/g

Communities > Forums > Container Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Container GardeningReplies: 14, Views: 95
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

November 15, 2012
8:14 PM

Post #9334370

Hello friends,
I started a new blog on gardening and I thought I must link it here because I made a new post on container gardening. Mine is not as colourful as I saw in many threads here, but that is what I could do at this time. I hope you like it. You may also see my other blogs linked there. I had posted a thread on Bonsai also before.

http://dinusyarden.blogspot.in/2012/11/plant-containers.html

Dinu
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 25, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9342217

Dinu ~ thank you for the link. I love the variety of items you have made good use of for planting.

My favorite is the cow watering trough. That makes a delightful water feature.
I also like your idea of recycling old tires with the stones in it. I did not realize that was a tire until you mentioned it. At first thinking it was a water feature.

Thanks much for sharing.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

November 26, 2012
7:16 AM

Post #9342804

podster, thanks for your time on that. BTW, I have added a few posts also, but not related to C/g. Do look if you find time.
The Cow watering trough may be close to 90-100 years old.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 26, 2012
11:53 AM

Post #9342983

I will certainly make the time to look ~ thank you.

Quoting: The Cow watering trough may be close to 90-100 years old.
I have always love old things so I am not surprised. Beautiful!

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

November 26, 2012
8:17 PM

Post #9343475

podster, I've many of these antiques at home. May be when I find time, I'll share them one by one on the Antiques forum some day. I had shared this trough also there last year.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 27, 2012
4:59 AM

Post #9343593

I have enjoyed reading through your blogs. I am always amazed at how wasteful we (in this country) can be. Things are looked at as disposable and yet you make use of them. Gardeners are the least wasteful, finding uses for so many different things to grow plants in.

Your blog on Wind Chimes, Bells and Tings was a favorite. My Mother in law collected bells for years. When she died, they were given to my husband. Since then we have added more bells. Delightful, thanks for sharing.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

November 27, 2012
7:56 AM

Post #9343694

Thanks podster. Show us those 'heirloom bells' of yours, if you don't mind. How wonderful!
You are right about gardeners. We know how important it is not to throw away stuff!!
I've a few photos of flowers etc. posted in the Daily Pics and Backlit Pics [on Photos forum] threads. See if you like. I don't see you there as of now.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 28, 2012
8:35 PM

Post #9345109

I don't think the bells are truly vintage but they are heirlooms. I will have to gather them up and take a photo or two.

Meanwhile, thanks for sharing your links. I've been enjoying reading through them. It is a wonderful way to visit other cultures.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

November 29, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9345257

podster, it is also a great delight for me to share with you people on the other side of the planet. Thanks and keep watching my blogs, if you get time, once in a while.
Dinu
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2012
9:08 PM

Post #9350142

A couple of bell photos, till I dust the others off to take their picture. The camera is being contrary so I hope they are clear.

The first photo is a few bells from my husbands' Mother. I sewed them to the cording.

My husband purchased the second one. It has a loud clang when the cord is pulled.

Thumbnail by podster   Thumbnail by podster         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2012
9:15 PM

Post #9350143

This one is my favorite. I found it at a local flea market and hung it on the greenhouse.

The inscription on it reads "VOCEM MEAM AUDIT" "OUI ME TANGIT"

I researched and found that translates literally to "Whoever rings me, hear my voice".

Thumbnail by podster
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

December 5, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9350341

podster, those are really interesting pieces. Beautiful. Thanks for showing us. I'm tempted to ask you for video clips for the audio also! Sorry this is off subject here in this. Just a little deviation.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 5, 2012
7:38 AM

Post #9350353

I really like the old pair of shoes, I have some old boots in my shed I need to try that with. But I'd say my favorite is the water lily trough. what a wonderful piece of history to have in your garden. I look around at all your wonderful items you have incorporated into the garden, things we don't ever see here in the US, and I'm seeing so many of the same plants I have in your garden.
Thanks for sharing the link, I've enjoyed my cyber stroll around your garden. ☺
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 5, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9350823

Dinu wrote:podster, those are really interesting pieces. Beautiful. Thanks for showing us. I'm tempted to ask you for video clips for the audio also! Sorry this is off subject here in this. Just a little deviation.

Glad you enjoyed them... nothing as unique as your collection. I apologize, but admit I would have no clue how to make an audio/video of the bells, but will think of you when I ring them. Thanks for your comment.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

December 5, 2012
8:29 PM

Post #9350992

podster, thanks. Your camera will surely have options for video clips. You can upload them on the web and share the link. I think you can do it. Have you posted these bells on the Antiques forum? If not, you can.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Container Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing tomatoes upside down BittysGarden 112 Jul 19, 2009 5:51 AM
Raspberry Plants in Containers MummyOF4dolls 23 Mar 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Flower Pouches? nathalyn 80 Sep 11, 2008 10:49 PM
Growin' bags kwells 53 Aug 24, 2008 3:12 PM
How to make papercrete containers. Tomtom 423 May 5, 2013 3:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America