Anybody have the recipes for Hostess or Wonder

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

YES,, FOLKS THEY ARE GONE!!!! well I for one will hope, a good turnover or spongecake recipe could help.
Bread recipes are always appreciated ,any body?

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Do a google.com search and you will find a lot of sponge cake recipes.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I'll try that!!^_^

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Todd Wilbur has put out a series of "Top Secret Recipe" cookbooks, which are full of clones of "famous" recipes, and one or two of those books includes some (not sure off the top of my flat head how many or which ones) of Hostess's recipes, including... you guessed it... TWINKIES!! < =D Hang on, lemme see..... OK, his first book, simply titled "Top Secret Recipes", has the Twinkie recipe; Then, I found this link: http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Hostess-Recipes.html. It includes a few 'lite' recipes, from his "Top Secret Recipes Lite" book.

This guy is a genius when it comes to cloning recipes, and I've got ALL of his books, and use them regularly. (and no, I am not a paid spokesperson for Todd Wilbur, LOL! I don't have anything to do with him except buy his books and eat his recipes!) =)

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

On the TV program The Chew last week they made "Twinkies". Go to the web site and you will find the recipe.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I got the recipe from the book and page suggested and will go over to the tv to see that. Also the other company that makes sponge cakes like Twinkies ,only they aren't as good as the Hostess
Every few years I eat a few only I'm not allowed anymore as I'm diabetic , only like everyone I just have to cheat my diet!!!LOL

Hmmmm, I'll have to check that out! Juhur, ya may wanna check out the "lite" version of the Twinkie clone recipe, maybe it would fit into your diet a bit more safely? Then ya won't have to feel guilty about having one once a year or so. =)

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i think it's Little Debbie that makes products similar to Hostess Cupcakes and Twinkies and there might even be others. i can't tell the difference, personally.

Debi, I find the LD brand to leave a greasy film in my mouth - I can sure tell the difference! LOL

Happy New Year to all of you!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

LD is one but not the other I was thinking of ,I will will post the name in the spring when I eat one or two , That time of year I can exercise enough and won't have any blood tests for a while.. ETC I can get away with it .. lol

Shawnee Mission, KS(Zone 6a)

Sounds like twinkies are getting sold to another company.

Oh, I hadn't heard the news! Sold to whom, when?? Does this mean those wonderful treats might be back on shelves again!?!? < =D

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Large confection company ,family owned ,in California ,based in Mexico My sister knows the name,well she called and does not remember now either ,,
Maybe coming back ,?

From 'Dailycaller.com':

The U.S. Bankruptcy Court in White Plains, NY, cleared Hostess to sell off assets related to its Hostess and Dolly Madison Brands. A hearing to approve the successful bidder is scheduled for March 19.

Private equity firms Apollo Global Management LLC and C. Dean Metropoulos & Co have set a baseline offer of $410 million to buy the company’s snack cake brands including Hostess Twinkies and Dolly Madison, Hostess said last month.

Very interesting, thank you guys! Hmmm, maybe we'll have Twinkies again before the year is over!?!! Oooooh I hope so!! =)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images