Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Recipes: Anybody have the recipes for Hostess or Wonder

Communities > Forums > Recipes
bookmark
Forum: RecipesReplies: 14, Views: 251
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9334970

YES,, FOLKS THEY ARE GONE!!!! well I for one will hope, a good turnover or spongecake recipe could help.
Bread recipes are always appreciated ,any body?
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 17, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9335302

Do a google.com search and you will find a lot of sponge cake recipes.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2012
2:36 PM

Post #9335689

I'll try that!!^_^

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2012
4:17 AM

Post #9339665

Todd Wilbur has put out a series of "Top Secret Recipe" cookbooks, which are full of clones of "famous" recipes, and one or two of those books includes some (not sure off the top of my flat head how many or which ones) of Hostess's recipes, including... you guessed it... TWINKIES!! < =D Hang on, lemme see... OK, his first book, simply titled "Top Secret Recipes", has the Twinkie recipe; Then, I found this link: http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Hostess-Recipes.html. It includes a few 'lite' recipes, from his "Top Secret Recipes Lite" book.

This guy is a genius when it comes to cloning recipes, and I've got ALL of his books, and use them regularly. (and no, I am not a paid spokesperson for Todd Wilbur, LOL! I don't have anything to do with him except buy his books and eat his recipes!) =)
dillansnana
Hemet, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 2, 2012
12:47 PM

Post #9347823

On the TV program The Chew last week they made "Twinkies". Go to the web site and you will find the recipe.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 2, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9347885

I got the recipe from the book and page suggested and will go over to the tv to see that. Also the other company that makes sponge cakes like Twinkies ,only they aren't as good as the Hostess
Every few years I eat a few only I'm not allowed anymore as I'm diabetic , only like everyone I just have to cheat my diet!!!LOL

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 4, 2012
3:00 AM

Post #9349308

Hmmmm, I'll have to check that out! Juhur, ya may wanna check out the "lite" version of the Twinkie clone recipe, maybe it would fit into your diet a bit more safely? Then ya won't have to feel guilty about having one once a year or so. =)

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #9371789

i think it's Little Debbie that makes products similar to Hostess Cupcakes and Twinkies and there might even be others. i can't tell the difference, personally.
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 31, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9371842

Debi, I find the LD brand to leave a greasy film in my mouth - I can sure tell the difference! LOL

Happy New Year to all of you!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9371854

LD is one but not the other I was thinking of ,I will will post the name in the spring when I eat one or two , That time of year I can exercise enough and won't have any blood tests for a while.. ETC I can get away with it .. lol
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2013
5:33 AM

Post #9420693

Sounds like twinkies are getting sold to another company.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2013
6:04 AM

Post #9420723

Oh, I hadn't heard the news! Sold to whom, when?? Does this mean those wonderful treats might be back on shelves again!?!? < =D

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2013
10:52 AM

Post #9420950

Large confection company ,family owned ,in California ,based in Mexico My sister knows the name,well she called and does not remember now either ,,
Maybe coming back ,?
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 16, 2013
12:00 PM

Post #9421010

From 'Dailycaller.com':

The U.S. Bankruptcy Court in White Plains, NY, cleared Hostess to sell off assets related to its Hostess and Dolly Madison Brands. A hearing to approve the successful bidder is scheduled for March 19.

Private equity firms Apollo Global Management LLC and C. Dean Metropoulos & Co have set a baseline offer of $410 million to buy the company’s snack cake brands including Hostess Twinkies and Dolly Madison, Hostess said last month.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2013
1:09 PM

Post #9421082

Very interesting, thank you guys! Hmmm, maybe we'll have Twinkies again before the year is over!?!! Oooooh I hope so!! =)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America