Dresden Plate Samplers continuing...

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

New thread!

New came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1284600/

This message was edited Nov 17, 2012 3:55 AM

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

LOL Pat, I was going to start a new thread but then I thought this swap is all but over unless there is someone who didn't receive blocks due them. Of course everyone is more than welcome to keep discussing Dresden Plates here.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We still have finished projects to show!!!!

I'm in charge of designing my guild's 1214 Raffle quilt. I'm thinking I'm going to propose we do something using Dresden Plates. That way piecers can piece & those good with applique can do that. Luckily I still have almost a year to come up with some proposals. I love the look of the 1/4 plates in the corners.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I like that look too Jean. It just seems to finish the quilt and tie it all together....

This is NOT finished!!! I need pictures, LOTS and LOTS of pictures and inspiration!!! (since I don't post ANY pictures, you ladies gotta carry the ball for me!)

Some of the links and pictures you ladies have sent have been so BEAUTIFUL!!!

Will I ever get any time to sew?? We're headed out of town this weekend. Next is Thanksgiving, then back out of town for my follow up MD appt (6 months post bariatric surgery), then husband has cataract surgery... and on it goes. Last time I took day off and was looking forward to sewing and playing my Dad was hospitalized and we spend all day everyday at the hospital.

OK Pat, I give, It's all yours. I have 10 bean bag chairs to get done for Christmas. Ya'll have fun.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

Pat I m so tired of you starting new threads and no pictures. I have an older Cannon sure shot with software disc. easy peasy. It's yours for postage.....

wait till you see Dresden Christmas runner, can't go out to get camera in car upstairs neighbor calls police because "the automatic garage door opener is loud" well he is up all night and sleeps all day. Grills food at 3 AM in front of my BR> Anyhow will post pic tomorrow.

Oooooh Pat sounds like you need to accept Helene's offer.

ok this is a close up of the dresden christmas runner via iphone and than into my cannon waiting for the runner pix

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

yes, yes , yes true offer. should work just fine. doesn't work for me as I have a newer sure shot love them for easy filing and transfer

table runner,

ignore the other quilt on same wall.

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

Helene, if you are serious YES!!! I' fear I will never get our camera fixed at this rate. Just let me know what to send you!

Helene - yet another FANTASTIC piece of work. Whoever thought a Dresden plate swap would lead to all these great ideas.

It's like the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving!!! I am becoming addicted to this pattern too....

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed this swap so much, as did I. I am very anxious to get to play with my Dresden plates, as soon as I get Christmas gifts out of the way.

I too - addicted. The runner is rather nice. can be made into sunflowers the same way.

Pat, I'll ship it out this week coming. prb. in one of those if it fits, it ships boxes. The small one.

The Camera, the installation disc, the battery charger, not sure if I have the transfer cable. (from camera to computer to transfer pix into the "Zoom brouser"} can be bought from Cannon. Haven't used it for 3 years, should be ok. if not no need to send postage.

Camera ready to ship. all is there. just to say white cord to trnasfeer pictures from camera to cannon software in your computers, black cord to transfer pictures directly into printer for printing pictures.....you'll see

OH man!!1 Can't wait!! We just got back, still have a load on the truck. I can't do anything until renter moves his car & Ben moves truck into position... waiting on the men...

pat will tis pakg go to a PO bx.? want to send today

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

yes her address is a po box.

Yes Helene, the address listed in Dave's Garden is accurate. I only use the street for UPS or other delivery, not mail. THANKS again! I can hardly wait to lasso one of my kids to teach me!!

no need for kids just follow instrutions, very easy. Batteries are charged small card is inserted. Write any help you may need

looking forward to it!

whooo hooo Pat's gonna be able to post pictures !!! thanks Helene ^_^

Monday for sure - on its way

I know Thunder, isn't it exciting!!! I can bore you all to tears by taking and down loading all the pictures that I have missed out on for 4 years!! LOL

I'll just need to get another external drive to hold all these pictures I guess!!!! Take your time and learn to use it Pat and then we will expect miracles!!!!

won't bore me....can't wait...bring them on , bring them on... LOL

OH man... the pressure is ON... Miracles!! LOl

here's my Santa Dresden sew far.....what do Ya think ??

Y'all have a great day.

Thumbnail by barefootT
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh Thunder, that is beautiful!

Love it Thunder, that is just tooooo cute.

Thunder - he is ADORABLE!!!!! One of these days I will make table toppers for me!!!!! I have that triangle log cabin sitting on a chair in the studio to finish. Thought for sure it would get done this year - maybe for next year!!!!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Thunder, the Dresden plate Santa is adorable. Nice job!!

I lost this thread for a day or so....what ever was I thinking?

Wishing all a very nice and Happy Thanksgiving. Kim and I will be sharing it with her brother and family as it was best we not go down to see mom. Kim has/is sick and no way do we need to bring in something else for mom.

Thunder that Santa is so well done.

Camera could be there today.

Barb. you can store your pictures on "shutterfly" free only you can view or invite peeps to view. Or pinterest here they are public.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh Thunder I love it, like the pointed dresden fans vs. the round ones that were in the magazine..recipient will be doing the happy dance...too late for Xmas this year but certainly is a project to be on the lookout for xmas fabrics when all the sales are on in January.

Helene - I do have an external drive where I store pictures. I download to there about every three months or so. After losing so many with a crash, I don't take chances anymore.

thanks much Y'all, this is for one of my sisters. she loves Christmas, and Santa. doing the very large Dresden for her too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Thanksgiving everyone..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images