Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Flower Show Competition: Cute Article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Flower Show Competition
bookmark
Forum: Article: Flower Show CompetitionReplies: 3, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Audrey
Hadley, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 19, 2012
6:08 AM

Post #9336939

Marie,
Your very funny article made me wish we had more garden shows out here in the country. Though, now that I think of it, there are flower categories in many of the local fairs. . . I may have to plot some strategy of my own!
Lorra
Indianapolis, IN

November 19, 2012
8:43 AM

Post #9337097

Delightful!! You painted a beautiful picture to the reader -- I had to get a cup 'o tea to relieve the tension after the 'show'.
leemiller38
Stockton, CA

November 19, 2012
10:26 AM

Post #9337203

As a recent graduate of the NGC Flower Show class and a new student judge, I really enjoyed the article as it was a good review of what it takes to do a flower show and to win. I wonder how many of the made-up botanical names were caught by the judges and disqualified?
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 19, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9337494

Now, now! I didn't really own up to that, did I? I said "possibly" made up on the spot. Would a judge ever do such a thing? :)

Just a note -- Judges couldn't disqualify a design -- for any reason. They have to judge it. The name counts 5 points. However, as you know, it couldn't get a top exhibitor award if the name was found to be wrong.

Best,
Marie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Flower Show Competition Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
my last 2012 roses and callicarpa.....?no photo appears..... mariacorinna 2 Nov 20, 2012 4:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America